THE BROWNS BOARD

Baltimore-Pittsburgh

RavensFan1996

One of the reasons I post on this board is because out of the three other teams in this division, the only one who has fans that I can tolerate are Cleveland fans. Their history, tradition, and knowledge of the game reminds me a lot of Baltimore's football history. Let's face it, Cincinnati is terrible, and Pittsburgh fans seem to forget just how lousy their team was between the years of 1933-1969, and from 1982-1989. Hell, there are times when I can't even have a rational football conversation with fellow Ravens' fans. So with that in mind, I post this question to true Browns fans...

Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh. AFC Divisional Playoffs. Who is your pick?

Now while I expect the usual mud to be slung at me from some of the Cleveland fans, I'm asking for honest answers from knowledgeable football fans for discussion.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This post, all by itself, makes you the dumbest poster ever on this forum!

Well, at least you spelled all the words right. However, you sir, may take the trophy for being the dumbest. If you read my post, you will see that I wanted to hear from Cleveland fans, not you Squealer idiots. Now, get back on your sister and leave the football talk to the real fans.

I would rather see Balt take this one, but I think the Steelers are going to be too well rested this week.

Next week and beyond: NE topples Steelers, their fans cry and bitch, nfl changes the rules, fans bitch more, Harrison takes roids, ben rapes chicks, browns get new coach, the cycle repeats.

I would rather see Balt take this one, but I think the Steelers are going to be too well rested this week.

Next week and beyond: NE topples Steelers, their fans cry and bitch, nfl changes the rules, fans bitch more, Harrison takes roids, ben rapes chicks, browns get new coach, the cycle repeats.

Yeah, I find it funny that, especially this year, fans of one of the teams who has the NFL gift wrap everything for them, has the nerve to bitch about how the NFL has it out for them. Absolutely amazing.

One of the reasons I post on this board is because out of the three other teams in this division, the only one who has fans that I can tolerate are Cleveland fans. Their history, tradition, and knowledge of the game reminds me a lot of Baltimore's football history. Let's face it, Cincinnati is terrible, and Pittsburgh fans seem to forget just how lousy their team was between the years of 1933-1969, and from 1982-1989. Hell, there are times when I can't even have a rational football conversation with fellow Ravens' fans. So with that in mind, I post this question to true Browns fans...

Now while I expect the usual mud to be slung at me from some of the Cleveland fans, I'm asking for honest answers from knowledgeable football fans for discussion.

I'm pulling for the Ravens. Why? First off, there are virtually no Baltimore Ravens fans in NE Ohio. There are however; numerous Steelers fans in NE Ohio, who do nothing but rub it in our face all day long! In addition most Baltimore fans that I have talked to have been decent, and most symathize with us, because of what happened to the Colts and they were sad about the whole move and gaining a team at the expense of Cleveland losing one. They understand the history and the legacy of the Cleveland Browns, and what the team means to its fans and the city of Cleveland.

Im hoping which ever teams wins pulls a we are marshal on the way to New England

you are a complete tool.

or are only 15 and don't understand the meaning of what your saying.

or both.

I'm pulling for the Ravens. Why? First off, there are virtually no Baltimore Ravens fans in NE Ohio. There are however; numerous Steelers fans in NE Ohio, who do nothing but rub it in our face all day long! In addition most Baltimore fans that I have talked to have been decent, and most symathize with us, because of what happened to the Colts and they were sad about the whole move and gaining a team at the expense of Cleveland losing one. They understand the history and the legacy of the Cleveland Browns, and what the team means to its fans and the city of Cleveland.

Well said. There are idiot Ravens' fans who didn't become fans until after 2000, for obvious reasons. But for the most part, Baltimore fans and Cleveland fans aren't that different, and we actually root for the Browns to succeed and be a force in this division.

I would never root for the Ravens, sorry but your season ends again in Pittsburgh and I will enjoy watching it. At least the Rooneys backed Cleveland during the whole Modell fiasco.

I would never root for the Ravens, sorry but your season ends again in Pittsburgh and I will enjoy watching it. At least the Rooneys backed Cleveland during the whole Modell fiasco.

Of course he backed Cleveland during Modell's move. Why wouldn't he? He knew Modell was in trouble and wouldn't be able to field a competitive team. Rooney loved kicking you guys around twice a year, that's why he wanted the Browns to stay. Not because he thought it was right or just.

Haven't seen the line for this game yet, but definitely the game of the week in my books.

Love a good old fashioned AFC N division game.

I'm leaning Ravens, but it's damn hard to constantly win roadies in the NFL. Especially when you have to battle not only the Steel, but the cock guzzling steeler ref's too. Guaranteed a few phantom flags will be littering the field in favor of the Stoolers.

you are a complete tool.

or are only 15 and don't understand the meaning of what your saying.

or both.

I think he understands what he is saying....that the plane crashes on the way to Boston.

It is obviously made in jest.

Even if it wasn't....so what? Who cares?

Do you really think this guy has the power to release the Langoliers after the Steelers plane by his comments on this board?

I would like to see Baltimore beat Pittsburgh. The lesser of two evils? Perhaps. My main reason is because the Steelers have won twice since the Ravens last won. Spread the wealth.

What I would then like is for the Jets to beat the Pats, and then have the Jets beat the Ravens in the AFC title game.

Right now, I would like to see a Falcons/Jets Super Bowl.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I want to see the game go to four overtimes, with a lot of injuries. (Just kidding)

On a more serious note, I'm going to hold my nose and hope the Ravens pull off the win. I'd like the Ravens a lot more if the Little Criminal- AKA Ray Lewis was retired- great football player, but he's still despised by most Browns fans- and for me more than any Steelers player- (well maybe except cheapshotter Hines Ward) for the way he handled the incident in Atlanta.

As to how the game will unfold, it depends if the Ravens D can get pressure on Rothlisberger- the Browns couldn't and consequently got killed. I'm looking for a low scoring defensive slugfest.

FYI to help you all pick who to "root" for (or against) in this game

Ravens- criminals who stole your team

Steelers- One of only two teams that voted against the relocation to Baltimore

I'm just sayin'

you make a good argument but why lobby for browns fans support? i think the ravens are way overdue for a playoff win over pittsburgh but i really don't care who wins. plus i don't see anyone winning in new england...

I'm just sayin'

Nope, it was soulless Art Modell who (wrongly) thought he could keep the team in the family by taking the Baltimore bribe (which wasn't offered by Baltimore fans) instead of doing the honorable thing and selling the team to Al Lerhner then and there. Lord knows, Al had the money.

The dirty, stinkin, ugly stupid ratbirds, vs the stinkin, stupid, cheapshot sterioders?

I will be rooting for both of them to knock each other off the field til neither one can go

any further. Stalemate. Black and blue. Can't field enough players who can crawl out to the field,

or attack any women, or kill anybody off the field.

IOW's,,, they both suck rotten eggs, and neither one should make it to the super bowl. ^_^

Auburn and Oregon will be a GREAT football game.

I'm just sayin'

Fair enough. The only thing is, we don't think of the Ravens as having EVER been "our" team. Also, the stench of Modell is essentially off that franchise now. Its not that we are warm and fuzzy toward them now. F**K them.

It just that we are now back to the good old days of pure proximity rivalry.

Maybe we just despise that franchise now a little less than we do the one you root for. Operative word "maybe".

Maybe a lot of Browns fans will prefer a Steeler win over a Raven win. I guess that is fine.

Like I said, I am not rooting for either. I am rooting for the meat wagon

If either of them were to play the Jets, I am definitely rooting for the Jets. If either of them play the Pats, I guess I'll just have to see how I feel about that game. It is almost a game time decision on which way my gut reaction will be.

Who I may root for on any given day amongst team that I would generally like to see lose is somewhat visceral.

My intincts will tell me who to pull for when the kick goes off.

As usual, I'm rooting for the impossible: a scoreless tie. Since the only people from either organization that I have to deal with are the fans, I have to favor the Ravens by a razor thin margin. Maybe Ravens win by a safety. Yeah, that's it. Ben on his fanny in his own endzone to decide the game. There'd be nice symmetry to that. :)

Extremely tough call...I am on board with kshutchins, an OT game decided by a safety. My brother-in-law in Pittsburgh is going to the game, he's a good guy, so I want him to be happy one more week....I'll say 5-3 Pittsburgh on a bad snap out of the endzone...

Of the 4 remaining AFC teams, we have 1)the Steelers, who I've hated since I became a Browns fan in 1970 2) Ratbirds, Modell's curse on Cleveland 3)the NY Jets, who have Braylon, and I have never ever rooted for a NY team in my life 4) Bellichick's Patriots, who have become the NFL's best since he got his training wheels taken off when he left here, and got great spy technique tips.

The whole AFC picture is a nightmare to me....I'm rooting for da Bears.

Of course he backed Cleveland during Modell's move. Why wouldn't he? He knew Modell was in trouble and wouldn't be able to field a competitive team. Rooney loved kicking you guys around twice a year, that's why he wanted the Browns to stay. Not because he thought it was right or just.

I wasn't going to post in this little "cheer fest, call to arms" but the above pulled me from my "high horse". The above is absolutely incorrect. Everyone knew what the Browns meant to Cleveland and the division. The Rooney's clearly prefer continuity and the Browns moving disrupted that desire. Model was a moron for moving the Browns and giving you your "Ravens". As far as Saturday is concerned. Remind me what Ben's record is vs the Rat Birds and post back. I will say this it's the last match up I wanted at this juncture because it's going to be a PHYSICAL GAME and whomever goes on has to play Brady and his cheating ass Coach.

Pittsburgh = rested and hopefully healthy. Spells trouble for Baltimore.

I wasn't going to post in this little "cheer fest, call to arms" but the above pulled me from my "high horse". The above is absolutely incorrect. Everyone knew what the Browns meant to Cleveland and the division. The Rooney's clearly prefer continuity and the Browns moving disrupted that desire. Model was a moron for moving the Browns and giving you your "Ravens". As far as Saturday is concerned. Remind me what Ben's record is vs the Rat Birds and post back. I will say this it's the last match up I wanted at this juncture because it's going to be a PHYSICAL GAME and whomever goes on has to play Brady and his cheating ass Coach.

Pittsburgh = rested and hopefully healthy. Spells trouble for Baltimore.

Not going to disagree, this game concerns me. Pissburgh has had the extra week of rest, and yes, we haven't been able to get over the hump against Rapistberger. But this is the NFL, and your next game is never predicated on the last game, or the game before that. This Saturday is a chance for the Ravens to get past this bump in the road known as the Steelers. And if you think the Rooney's voted against Modell because they wanted "continuity", you are sadly mistaken.

Not going to disagree, this game concerns me. Pissburgh has had the extra week of rest, and yes, we haven't been able to get over the hump against Rapistberger. But this is the NFL, and your next game is never predicated on the last game, or the game before that. This Saturday is a chance for the Ravens to get past this bump in the road known as the Steelers. And if you think the Rooney's voted against Modell because they wanted "continuity", you are sadly mistaken.

Show some respect, it's spelled P-I-T-T-S-B-U-R-G-H. Not any other name you put in front of the "burgh" part.

As for the "Rapistberger" comment...okay, you can have that one ;)

Archived