THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Fire Eric Mangini

DawgEatSteel

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You lost all respect for Holmgren...? Why? Because he just made his first coaching change ever in Cleveland? Why the hell are you being such an asshole over this, are you a total mangini fag or what is going on with you?

yeah i gotta check myself. NO i was never in love with mangini, just the improvements i've seen this year and the fact that it seemed we might actually keep a coach for more than 3 years and let him employ his plan to fruition. just tired of the revolving door bullshit.

i'm always an asshole when i lose. and i feel like i lost AGAIN with this season and trust i had with the FO. i now feel holmgren all along just wanted to bring in his boys.

if being passionate about this team makes me be an asshole then yes sir, i am and i could care less who thinks twice about it..

yeah i gotta check myself. NO i was never in love with mangini, just the improvements i've seen this year and the fact that it seemed we might actually keep a coach for more than 3 years and let him employ his plan to fruition. just tired of the revolving door bullshit.

i'm always an asshole when i lose. and i feel like i lost AGAIN with this season and trust i had with the FO. i now feel holmgren all along just wanted to bring in his boys.

if being passionate about this team makes me be an asshole then yes sir, i am and i could care less who thinks twice about it..

Haha I hear everything you're saying dude. Its been a rough year...again..Looking forward to all the offseason moves about to be made, lets trust Holmgren guys theres really no other choice right now!

Holmgren is blowing a lot of smoke up people's asses in this press conference. The only reason he let Mangini go was because he wasn't his WCO guy. That is fine but just come out and say it because otherwise he is just contradicting himself and comes off like a lot a people on this board that was expecting 10 wins from a team that lacked a lot of talent and had no depth.

Holmgren is blowing a lot of smoke up people's asses in this press conference. The only reason he let Mangini go was because he wasn't his WCO guy. That is fine but just come out and say it because otherwise he is just contradicting himself and comes off like a lot a people on this board that was expecting 10 wins from a team that lacked a lot of talent and had no depth.

Enough with the talent excuse! They had talent to have some good wins so something else was lacking....Coaching. No one was thinking 14-2 w/ a trip to the SB this year. Plain and simple he was 10-22 and the team played the 2nd half of the season flat and uninspired except for a few.

There is to much money being spent on players who do not hold up to our expectations. and after yesterdays loss even I said that we need to fire Mangini, where as a week ago I was willing to give him another year. But it was apparent that he lost atleast half of this team somewhere along the lines and they quit playing weeks ago.

I'll quit using it when you show me the talent. The fact that they beat NE and NO speaks to Mangini's coaching ability.

What does the loss to Buf. Cincy and near miss with Carolina say? Mangini had no fire and didn't inspire or extract any extra from what he had. Look at the way he dropped that challenge flag yesterday. Just opened his hand and let it fall out. Toss it on the feild in disgust, fire it on the ground do something to show you care about what is happening.

I'll quit using it when you show me the talent. The fact that they beat NE and NO speaks to Mangini's coaching ability.

Every team could use some talent. Even NE could use some rec. that are over 5'10" its what you do with what you have that matters. Even a bad coach can win when the team is stacked.

I took what amounted to be a all-star team to a State hockey Championship and I'm not a good hockey coach.

Look at the way he dropped that challenge flag yesterday. Just opened his hand and let it fall out. Toss it on the feild in disgust, fire it on the ground do something to show you care about what is happening.

Holy crap! :lol:

How about his morning dump, did he have a look on his face like he cared about winning then?

Holy crap! :lol:

How about his morning dump, did he have a look on his face like he cared about winning then?

Aaaaaand end of debate. Maybe you should stick with complaining about talent.

I'm out I'll check back at the draft. Hockey is in full swing and Supercross season starts Sat. BBBrrrrrrraaaappppp!!!!!!

Toxic, I feel ya brother! I am sick of the same ole same ole year after year! Other teams have turned it around in a short time such as Kansas City and Tampa Bay, yet we're still stuck in "rebuild!" I'm sick of the phrase "maybe next year!" I want next year to be NOW GOD DAMNIT!!!! :mad: I really thought we had turned the corner, and now feel that we have been duped again! Where the f*** is the owner in all of this??? Oh wait, at a f***n' British soccer game! :mad: And you know what? Say what you want about Modell, but I GUARANTEE that he would NOT ACCEPT getting slapped around year after year by the rival teams in this division! It comes down to the ownership allowing this shit to continue year after year! All he cares about is making money and filling seats! Well guess what? In this bad economy, your days of selling out will more than likely be over if this isn't turned around soon. Ask the Dolans and the Indians how putting a piss poor product on the field is working for them! And the Cavs are next! The time for just being happy to have our team back is OVER! It's time to quit making excuses, and ACT like an NFL team! I don't want to hear about "well we're still an expansion team and we're different than other teams!" BULLSHIT!!!! You've had 12 years now! That is MORE than enough time in a league with such parity to turn things around!

I apologize for the rant, but I am sick of losing, and get even more pissed off when we lose to the Steelers, not only in our house, but get completely annihilated, and then see our stand taken over by their fans, because ours have left at halftime due to the team playing like shit! And that's what it was yesterday.............ABSOLUTE SHIT! The whole Cleveland Browns organization should be ashamed of themselves for that debacle yesterday, as well as their continuous "rebuild!"

Id like to see Ethier Jeff Fisher or Jim Harabaugh but if we take Fox i want him as are DC not a HC and not Holmgrem really i dont want him to run the front office and HC like he did in Seattle there are plenty of coaches who have done that who can tell you that it is exteremly hard..If we do get Gruden im not to optimistic about it but i will become a supporter and give him 100% just like i did with mangani even tho i didnt like the hire right when i heard..

The new HC will come from this tree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Holmgren_Coaching_Tree.jpg

That is why I earlier said that Mariucci might also be in the mix.

Question: now that Mangini has coached for Holmgren....does he become a part of his tree?

Also, be aware that Holmgren is himself a branch of the Bill Walsh tree......who in turn is a part of the Paul Brown tree.

So, with any of these it will likely come back to Paul Brown.

Question: now that Mangini has coached for Holmgren....does he become a part of his tree?

Also, be aware that Holmgren is himself a branch of the Bill Walsh tree......who in turn is a part of the Paul Brown tree.

So are we bringing back Paul Brown? And Bill Walsh to run the offense?

That would be an intimidating sideline. Not only to see PB and BW on the same sideline, but to see them as zombies.

In hindsight its too bad Cleveland didn't get a 1 year head start on rebuilding with a good coach rather than a mediocre coach in Mangini.

Ultimately its the Cleveland fans who spent far too much time defending a mediocre coach who can be "thanked" for helping to keep Mangini around for another year - however I do understand that when it comes to recent Browns history, mediocrity is a dramatic improvement.

There's no shortage of examples of teams that have been as bad or even worse than Cleveland turning things around once they've brought in a coach who commands the respect of the players. And personnel-wise, Cleveland was and is better off than many of them. True, players on the Browns range from mediocre to good - but a good coach makes mediocre players good and good ones great.

You are absolutely correct. A lot of that WCO that Bill Walsh was given credit for pioneering was in fact pioneered by Paul Brown.

Coaching treeThe following coaches either coached under or played for Paul Brown and were influenced at least to some degree by him and his football knowledge and offensive system:

Blanton Collier (coach under Paul Brown)

Weeb Ewbank (coach under Paul Brown)

Abe Gibron (player)

Sid Gillman (coach)

Otto Graham (player for Paul Brown)

Bill "Tiger" Johnson (coach under Paul Brown)

Chuck Noll (player for Paul Brown)

Ara Parseghian (player for Paul Brown)

Lou Saban (player for Paul Brown)

Don Shula (player for Paul Brown)

Bill Walsh (coach under Paul Brown)

Sam Wyche (player and head coach under team President Paul Brown)

In hindsight its too bad Cleveland didn't get a 1 year head start on rebuilding with a good coach rather than a mediocre coach in Mangini.

Ultimately its the Cleveland fans who spent far too much time defending a mediocre coach who can be "thanked" for helping to keep Mangini around for another year - however I do understand that when it comes to recent Browns history, mediocrity is a dramatic improvement.

There's no shortage of examples of teams that have been as bad or even worse than Cleveland turning things around once they've brought in a coach who commands the respect of the players. And personnel-wise, Cleveland was and is better off than many of them. True, players on the Browns range from mediocre to good - but a good coach makes mediocre players good and good ones great.

There is no better example of that than your DC. Dick LeBeau. He has taken a defense with a couple of good players and a bunch of mediocre ones and turned them into a great defense.

Archived