THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

And you believe this actually matters!

I'm sure I could ask people from other cities and they would say "sure they count" it's the current Browns organization that doesn't.

What has that got to do with this topic.

Sure the Browns suck right now. DOH!

Are you just figuring this out?

The New Orleans Saints and the Atlanta Falcons are two of the best teams in football. One is defending champion, the other could win this year. And they may be the Pittsburgh Steelers of the current era.

Did you see the post on here I made last week. The Saints and the Falcons, like the Steelers sucked swamp water for the first 42-45 years of their existance.

Do you think Saints fans are going to come in here 10 years from now and say "football didn't begin until 2009" or Falcons fans, if they win come in and say "football didn't count before 2010".

That would be ignorant of them, as it is ignorant of Steeler fans to claim football didn't count before 1970.

Somehow, I don't think Saints and Falcons fans are going to act as ignorant as some of your ilk.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stan please tell me you can see the difference...........PLEASE?

Those teams have proud old tradition and, unlike the Browns, also have something other than embarrassment since.

No, you please see the difference. Even here on one of your own sites, your franchise recognizes the history, even Steeler history (see: http://static.steelers.com/mediacontent/20...story_80311.pdf) The problem is, is that your fan base isn't proud of the history prior to the mid 70's so therefore you get jealous that all other fan bases don't feel like you do.

The Bears view themselves as an ambassador to the game, not just the league, do you think that stems from the lone Super Bowl win in 1985?

Your old history sucks and is nothing to be proud of, your Super Bowls are tainted with blantant steroid use and suspect officiating. Basically, the Pittsburgh Steelers are an arm pit. You really should just become a Browns fan or off yourself. I'm sorry dude, but you just picked a really skanky team to be a fan of.

Good luck.

Somehow, I don't think Saints and Falcons fans are going to act as ignorant as some of your ilk.

Thank you. Steeler fans are ignorant, obnoxious, classless assholes.

I walked into Office Depot today to pick up some ink for my printer and the guy at the check-out desk says "Cleveland Browns fan, huh?" and I said "Yup." He responded by saying "I wish I could tell you its gonna get better, but it's not."

That is a completely unnecessary thing to say. Only an ignorant prick that wears black and yellow would say that.

Here is a reproduction of my earlier post:

Here is the list of the length of time each current NFL franchise had to wait to earn its first title, or in the case of those never having won, how long they have been waiting to date. For those teams that were in the AFL or AAFC I include both data. I go from shortest wait to longest wait:

1. Cleveland Browns. Earned a title in 1st year of origin in the AAFC, 1946, and 1st year in the NFL, 1950.

2. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans. Earned a title in its 1st year or origin in the AFL, 1960.

3. Chicago Bears. Earned a title in 2d year, 1921. Year of origin 1920.

4. New York Giants. Earned a title in its 3rd year, 1927. Year of origin 1925.

4. Kansas City Chiefs. Earned a title in its 3rd year, 1962 (as Dallas Texans). Year of origin 1960.

6. San Diego Chargers. Earned a title in its 4th year, 1963. Year of origin 1960, AFL.

7. Buffalo Bills. Earned a title in its 5th year, 1964. Year of origin 1960, AFL.

7. Baltimore Ravens. Earned a title in its 5th year, 2000. Year of origin, 1996.

9. Detroit Lions. Earned a title in its 6th year, 1935. Year of origin 1930.

9. Washington Redskins. Earned a title in its 6th year, 1937. Year of origin 1932.

9. Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts. Earned a title in their 6th year, 1958. Year of origin 1953.

9. Chicago/St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals. Earned a title in their 6th year, 1925. Year of origin 1920.

13. Miami Dolphins. Earned a title in their 7th year, 1972. Year of origin 1966.

14. Green Bay Packers. Earned a title in their 9th year, 1929. Year of origin 1921

14. Cleveland/Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams. Earned a title in their 9th year, 1945. Year of origin 1937.

14. New York Jets. Earned a title in their 9th year, 1968. Year of origin 1960.

14. Houston Texans. 9 years and counting for their first title. Year of origin 2002.

18. Dallas Cowboys. Earned a title in their 12th year, 1971. Year of origin 1960.

19. Philadelphia Eagles. Earned a title in their 16th year, 1948. Year of origin 1933.

19. Carolina Panthers. 16 years and counting for their first title. Year of origin 1995.

19. Jacksonville Jaguars. 16 years and counting for their first title. Year of origin 1995.

22. Oakland Raiders. Earned a title in their 17th year, 1976. Year of origin 1960.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Earned a title in their 26th year, 2002. Year of origin 1976.

24. Seattle Seahawks. 35 years and counting for their first title. Year of origin 1976.

25. San Francisco 49ers. Earned their first title in their 36th year, 1981. Year of origin 1946.

26. Denver Broncos. Earned their first title in their 37th year, 1997. Year of origin 1960.

27. New England Patriots. Earned their first title in their 42d year, 2001. Year of origin 1960.

27. New Orleans Saints. Earned their first title in their 42d year, 2009. Year of origin 1967.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers. Earned their first title in their 42d year, 1972. Year of origin 1933.

30. Cincinnati Bengals. 43 years and counting for their first title. Year of origin 1968.

31. Atlanta Falcons. 45 years and counting for their first title. Year of origin 1966.

32. Minnesota Vikings. 51 years and counting for their first title. Year of origin 1960.

if the Browns could ever win a Super Bowl you might get some respect.

The Super Bowl is the championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the highest level of professional American football in the United States.

The highest level of professional football ever. The Steelers have mastered being the king of the hill at this level which is much harder than 1940's - 1960's Browns wins .

The Steelers have mastered being the king of the hill at this level which is much harder than 1940's - 1960's Browns wins .

Please do explain.

And no don't type any of your BS. I want a article, with a link, that explains how it is harder to win a championship in this era than it was in the 1940-1960 era. Good luck.

This was actually to comical to let go!

Really?

Really??

Atenears and Gipper just walked on to this thread and kicked your rectum into your throat and you come back with "to comical"? Again, I feel like we are beating up Retards.

That's why I've always enjoyed going after guys like Skippy and Ghoolie and Shep, ect ... they have somethig to say. They have strong opinions. They know how to express themselves intelligently.

Give me one Steeler fan that understands NFL history. That understands that we are the Beatles, The Ford, the Citizen Kane of the modern NFL, and that no matter what happens every year we grow stonger in our ties to the Cleveland Browns. We don't accept 5-11, we hate it. But it doesn't change who we are and why we love the Browns. Our identity has nothing to do with what you think of us ... and everything to do with who we are as a community, as a family, as brothers. You'll never get it. You'll always be the Grinch looking down the mountain wondering why the Who's are celebrating the day after instead of crying. You can't explain what it is like to be a Cleveland Browns fan, you'll never understand it. And history is a big part of it, just as is the future. There will be a new coach, and we will all hope he is Paul Brown ... but even if he isn't ... we already have Paul Brown, the father of modern football. And those orange helmets and brown jerseys mean the world to us. And in training camp we will be predicting mass victories. And every week the Great Zomboni will predict us to win. Until I'm dead. And you still won't get it.

You are 12-4, and I am 5-11 ... and I am SO damn happy to be a Browns fan.

Zombo

if the Browns could ever win a Super Bowl you might get some respect.

The Super Bowl is the championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the highest level of professional American football in the United States.

The highest level of professional football ever. The Steelers have mastered being the king of the hill at this level which is much harder than 1940's - 1960's Browns wins .

Opps, the league may go to a 18-game schedule making the road to the Super Bowl longer and harder to reach ... I guess the Steelers previous championships are a dinosaur now too, and no longer stack up to the 2011-2012 Champion.

In 2011-2012 Season the following title statistics are:

Every Pro Football Team that ever exsisted = 0 Titles.

They might as well cancel this seasons Super Bowl, it's meaningless now!

Please do explain.

And no don't type any of your BS. I want a article, with a link, that explains how it is harder to win a championship in this era than it was in the 1940-1960 era. Good luck.

I just explained how it is actually easier now to win a title. Until 1990 only 10 teams made the playoffs. If those same rules had been in place 2005 the Steelers would never have even made the playoffs.

Pretty hard to win a title if you are not even invited to the dance.

No, you please see the difference. Even here on one of your own sites, your franchise recognizes the history, even Steeler history (see: http://static.steelers.com/mediacontent/20...story_80311.pdf) The problem is, is that your fan base isn't proud of the history prior to the mid 70's so therefore you get jealous that all other fan bases don't feel like you do.

The Bears view themselves as an ambassador to the game, not just the league, do you think that stems from the lone Super Bowl win in 1985?

Your old history sucks and is nothing to be proud of, your Super Bowls are tainted with blantant steroid use and suspect officiating. Basically, the Pittsburgh Steelers are an arm pit. You really should just become a Browns fan or off yourself. I'm sorry dude, but you just picked a really skanky team to be a fan of.

Good luck.

Pitts history prior to 1970 was terrible .They sucked for a long time ...their poor history of the past has been "over shadowed" by their more recent successful ,past 40 year ,history .Most people on this site will actually remember seeing the Steelers win a Championship ( whether it is from the 70's ,or even this Decade) . The Brown's have a great history too. Most people on this site don't remember it ,but it does not take away from what they accomplished ...It's fine to remember it IMO ... Brown's fans can be proud of what their franchise did in the past ..you also had great players too . honor them and move on .....I would say that both Steeler's fans and Brown's fans can be proud of the history of teams they cheer for ..Brown's fans denegrate the Steeler's success as being "just recent " ..40 years of being a pretty consistent winner in the NFL is an admirable accomplishment..The Steelers , since the merger ,have been a far more consistent winner than the Brown's ..Before then (pre-1970)the Brown's were far better ...sounds like arguing over whether the glass is half full or half empty ...

Pitts history prior to 1970 was terrible .They sucked for a long time ...their poor history of the past has been "over shadowed" by their more recent successful ,past 40 year ,history .Most people on this site will actually remember seeing the Steelers win a Championship ( whether it is from the 70's ,or even this Decade) . The Brown's have a great history too. Most people on this site don't remember it ,but it does not take away from what they accomplished ...It's fine to remember it IMO ... Brown's fans can be proud of what their franchise did in the past ..you also had great players too . honor them and move on .....I would say that both Steeler's fans and Brown's fans can be proud of the history of teams they cheer for ..Brown's fans denegrate the Steeler's success as being "just recent " ..40 years of being a pretty consistent winner in the NFL is an admirable accomplishment..The Steelers , since the merger ,have been a far more consistent winner than the Brown's ..Before then (pre-1970)the Brown's were far better ...sounds like arguing over whether the glass is half full or half empty ...

Here is a take I have been saying on these boards for 15 years:

The only championships that truly matter are the last one and the next one. Everything else is just part of the history books, be it from the original 1920 season or the 2008 season.

It is like being the King or Queen of England. Only 1 person reigns. Only 1 NFL team reigns. Queen Elizabeth II reigns. The New Orleans Saints reign. The "old" NFL titles are just like Alfred the Great, William the Conqueror, Richard the Lionheart, Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, George III, Victoria, or George VI. They are ex-monarchs from previous years. All the other NFL/AFL/AAFC champions are from previous years.

Come a Sunday in February, the reign of the New Orleans Saints will be over (unless they have the good fortune to win again). The Queen is dead, long live the King. (though in the NFL's case, that would be for only 1 year)

I wake up in the morning and think "GODDAMN IT'S GOOD TO BE A BROWNS FAN." I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be a Steeler asshole.

How many fans would the Steelers have if they didn't have an Super Bowls? Goooooosee Egggg.

What a serious Dumbass statement. Give it UP Poo...

Boy, you guys make this easy for me.

The modern era of pro football began in 1946.

Zombo

Well Equipment~wise and Prejudicial Free use of all possible Talent Pools...YES Mid 60`s and up is the Modern Era. I Dont look at a time when the League was Predominantly White OR with out Certain Pads and especially Facemasks ( NOT Officially recomended till 1955).

Well Equipment~wise and Prejudicial Free use of all possible Talent Pools...YES Mid 60`s and up is the Modern Era. I Dont look at a time when the League was Predominantly White OR with out Certain Pads and especially Facemasks ( NOT Officially recomended till 1955).

That's why, if anything, the Browns championships should be more cherished. Thanks to Paul Browns and the Clevleand Browns the league was no longer segregated, the offenses were innovated, the equpment was innovated ... Paul Brown IS modern football. He is the father of it all.

Zombo

What a douchebag! I suppose the Browns invented the wheel back then too.....I realize the timing is right, but jeeeeeez!

It has nothing to do with the equipment used, it has to do with two simple things:

1. How LONG ago it was!

2. What the Browns have accomplished since!

Everybody who was great back then, has either had greatness since, or they are the Lions or Browns!

That's just stupid. It doesn't matter how long ago it was and what the Browns have done recently doesn't change that era's greatness one way or another. If you are just being a dick, that's one thing, but if you really feel that way, I feel sorry for you.

Zombo

That's why, if anything, the Browns championships should be more cherished. Thanks to Paul Browns and the Clevleand Browns the league was no longer segregated, the offenses were innovated, the equpment was innovated ... Paul Brown IS modern football. He is the father of it all.

Zombo

Paul Brown should get major props for that indeed. I agree with that much.

No-one can debate the greatness that The browns and a few other teams had back then, nobody! The issue is that blow-hards like you invent pure bull shit to help you hide from the fact that the Browns failures are far bigger and more dominant than their successes!

But, you are wrong. Our Successes FAR outweigh our failures. Our career winning percentage is .549 (Pittsburgh's is .520) which is 6th out of the 32 franchises. We've had 28 playoff seasons (Pittsburgh 25) for third most in history. We have championships (Pittsburgh 6) for third most. CLEARLY our success still outweigh our failures.

Be a man! Act like a Lions fan and admit that the Browns have been little more than the laughing stock of the NFL for 40+

Another misconception on your part. The Browns were a very good team in the early seventies, and then after 2 down years, returned to be a competitive team in the late 70's. In the 80's, the Browns made the playoffs 7 out of ten years, won five division titles and went to the AFC championship three times. Does that sound like a laughing stock? In the 90's we struggled early, But Belichick had us headed in the right direction. In the season before "The Move" was announced, we were 11-5, beat Parcel's Patriots in the playoffs, and had the #1 defense in the NFL.

Where is that team now? Yu are playing them on Sunday.

WE HAD THE RUG RIPPED OUT FROM UNDERNEATH US. We had to start over, and the NFL forced us back quickly with no chance for early success and the ineptitude has carried over from year to year while they try to right the ship. I honestly believe Mike Holmgen is the man to do it. It is going to be done.

So yes, he have been a "laughing stock", with exception of two decent seasons, since 1999. But do NOT compare that with the success we had from 1946-1994 because we were one of the premier franchises in the NFL. And I don't care how long it takes us to get back ... we ARE the Browns and we WILL be back to claim our rightful place as one of the cornerstone teams in the NFL. Yeah, we lost a decade. But have our team. Our colors. Our history. And no snotnosed Steeler fan is going to come on this board and tell me that our failures outweigh our successes ... because it isn't true. We are great franchise, with great fans, and we will win again. And I'm sure you won't be around this board when it happens.

Zombo

You remind me of a goofy old bastard I used to work with. He was senile and delusional but the owners didn't want to get rid of him because he was instrumental in the start up of the company a thousand years ago. He would walk the halls babbling about the old days and how he ran the company back then. He couldn't understand business today, was bitter about today's successful executives, often chastising them for doing it the wrong way, and was so often an embarrassment that they finally had to buy him out and refuse to allow him in the building.

If you looked at his overall body of work he was probably an average employee, if you looked at his recent body of work he was a complete bozo.....kinda like you! :lol: Bozo?.....Zombo?.....they kinda have a ring to them!

Edited to add.............Oh and if you look at it from another angle it mirrors the Browns even more so. Every employee younger than Methuselah who joined this company saw this goofy old bastard as an idiot, an embarrassment, and a detriment to the company. And just like the Browns, nobody cared about what he "used to be", or what he "used to bring to the company"!

So he helped start up the compnay and they bought him out and YOU laughed at HIM? He's probably enjoying his successes with a condo in Florida while you are a low rung jackass who spends most of his free time on a Browns Board.

Keep laughing, Formerly Stone / Currently Tard.

Zombo

No, he's in his fourth mental institution, pooping his pants, and yelling at doctors and nurses......again.............kinda like the Browns

Ahh, but you see , that is what makes you so jealous ... we aren't pooping our pants or yelling ... he are happy to be Browns fans, we wouldn't have it any other way. Fah who foraze!

Stoner, get your ass in the shower you smelly, neckar hat wearing hillshit.

We don't need the likes of you breathing our air in the great state of Ohio. Do us a favor and move to PenisTucky where you belong.

I can't attest to whether you are pooping your pants, but you are just as disillusion as he is, probably more so!

I gotta cut you off, Stone, you are replying, just to reply, like a 5th grader. Which is impressive, because you've probably only got a third grade education.

My thread. You're done ... that's right, Shut The Fuck Up already.

Zombo

Ahhhh...another intelligent post by the village idiot. I needed that fix, there has been way too much logical discussion on here for a while.....I'm gald we can depend on you Quiffer-X

Go wash your ass you smelly hillbilly bandwagonner.

Archived