THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Wow, it's quite apparent the Puker fans are so insecure they can't be happy unless the Browns and their multitude of titles somehow don't count anymore. I get it now. For a long time, I thought they just came here to banty rooster around and pretend they are actual diehard fans, but the jealousy these guys have to our heritage and rabid fanbase is quite evident.

When one thinks about the situation, it all makes sense. I was really beginning to wonder what these little newcomer fans were trying to prove, but the proof is in the pudding.

Note to the NFL: Please don't include the Browns, their titles, heritage, great hall of famers and fans as part of history anymore, this makes these newbie Stiller fans all mad and stuff.

Bandwagons are like roids, they're not just for breakfast anymore.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just want to know what the deal is with homophobia on this board and i guess in the state of ohio in general???

while i don't mind that you changed my name (i find it to be a badge of honor), i was wondering why almost every browns fan references being gay in a negative way.

do you guys call people homos or fags because you LIKE to show how backwards or redneckish you are? haven't you realized it hasn't been cool to ridicule someone for their sexuality for about the past 2 decades? i'm just wondering, because besides being truly ridiculous in it's oldfashioned descriminitory way.......homophobia is usually the a red flag for latent homosexual tendencies.

since some of you probably didn't understand that, it means that if you're that scared of "fags, queers, or homos" it's probably because you are one.

I've wondered about this phenom as well. Whether its slinging it at the Steelers or their fans/trolls, or our own player see any number of archived posts relating to Anderson and Quinn, and this year with Delhomme. It makes me think these "long time fans" are really between the ages of 10 and 22, or we've got men over the age of 30, that still throw around names and insults like adolescents, and on the internet no less. That's why half the time I avoid this forum for weeks at a time, because I know it'll be a deluge of maturity the likes of which hasn't been seen since the playground days!

homophobia is usually the a red flag for latent homosexual tendencies.

Do you think before you speak? Let's put it this way, if I am walking through downtown on my way to the stadium and I see two gay guys making out on a sidewalk bench, that freaks me out. So, in your little world, if I am freaked out by two guys hooking up then I'm gay? That's ridiculous.

Steeler fans don't think the NFL started in 1970, we simply know that that's when the modern era of football started.

Boy, you guys make this easy for me.

The modern era of pro football began in 1946.

Zombo

Suuuuuuure it did, you're a real hoot!

God, you people are stupid.

"Football Hall of Fame Members

Football Almanac lists below every member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame listed by their PRIMARY contributions to pro football (based on the Pro Football Hall of Fame).

Notes: Pre-Modern Era is when the majority of a members' career took place prior to 1946. Modern Era is when the majority of a members' career took place after 1946. Clicking any members' name brings up comprehensive playing stats, an authentically signed football cards (for nearly every member) and other data about each prestigious member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame"

http://www.football-almanac.com/football_h...e_members.shtml

Zombo.......you calling anyone stupid is classic!

You continuing to post like a child after I shoved the truth down your throat is entertaining as hell.

Seriously, you are pretty dumb and so are most of the Steeler fans on here. It's kinda sad, actually.

Zombo

Because every time I turn around there is another dumbshit Steeler fan on our board who doesn't understand the history and significance of the game.

Don't ever think you are going to come into my house and tell me our championships "count" less than yours.

Now, if you dumbshits want to sit around on a steeler board and talk about how much more important your championships are that's just fine ... because I'll never know ... because I don't need your validation to prove my fandom like apparantly you need mine.

I have no interest in what you idiots talk about on your own, just like I have no interest in what goes on at a gay bar. I am secure in my fandom and secure in sexuality ... you, on the other hand, have issues. Big issues. Your steeler fandom doesn't mean anything unless we recognize your "greatness". You come here because you wonder what we think, and you wonder what our penises look like.

Admit to us that you'd rather be a Browns fan. That you are amazed at how resilient we are. You guys remind me of "The Grinch". You wake up the morning after beating our team and rush to the mountaintop figuring that you are going to look down and see us crying, our spirit broken. But it never happens. We just get stronger. We just love our team more. We don't need a shiney new SB trophy to validate our love for our team. We have our history, our colors, and our team ... and no one can ever take it away ... and we know that because we are the only fanbase that ever had them stolen and literally took them back. We ARE the greatest football fans on earth. Just admit it ... and while you're at it, admit that penis thing to your wife.

Zombo

Ouch ... that is a serious ass-whooping on Steeler fans. Great description Zippy, but I'm sure these Steeler fems still won't get it and will puzzle and puzzle until their puzzlers are sore.

Let's not forget the vaunted Championships the Browns claim as theirs include 4 AAFC championships in a league where there were only eight teams AND only three of those teams were good enough to be invited to join the NFL. Also the league was only around for four years.

I would compare that to any of the Steelers Super Bowl titles. Additionally the so called four titles in the American football league were so so games that most sane people do not compare to today's level of competition.

Since 1970 the Browns have not been an elite team like they were before in as I call them "little scramble football leagues." 1970 was when the NFL became competitive and that is when we all heard the last of any Browns championship.

Since 1970 the Steelers have dominated the league and the Browns and the proof is in the Super Bowl showcase at Steelers HQ.

1970 was when the NFL became competitive

You don't think it was "competitive" when Jim Brown, Dick Butkus and Johnny Unitas were playing?

The 50's and 60's were as competitive as any other era.

Mean Joe Greene was an All Pro in 1969. And he was on your first four Super Bowl teams. So you're telling me the league he played in 1969 was "not competitive", but somehow he was good enough to lead your defense to four Super bowls in the "Competitive" 1970's?

So what's up with this magical 1970 year when things all of the sudden became competive? There were 26 teams in 1969 just like there were 26 teams in 1975. Same teams. Only difference was that instead of "AFL and NFL" it was "AFC and NFC".

You guys think all the talent was merged together and new teams were created or something in this great year of 1970. But all they did was replace the L's with C's and switch three teams (Browns, Steelers and Colts) to the other side to even out the revenue. It was a business decision, the players didn't all of the sudden become "more competitive". It was the same players on the same teams playing for the same championship in 1969 as there was in 1970.

The Modern Era in the NFL is Post World War II. That's when the NFL was flooded with talent, allowed black players in and became "competitive". All the merger did was consolidate the talent into two conferences instead of two leagues ... the talent was the same.

Zombo

Admit to us that you'd rather be a Browns fan. That you are amazed at how resilient we are. You guys remind me of "The Grinch". You wake up the morning after beating our team and rush to the mountaintop figuring that you are going to look down and see us crying, our spirit broken. But it never happens. We just get stronger. We just love our team more. We don't need a shiney new SB trophy to validate our love for our team. We have our history, our colors, and our team ... and no one can ever take it away ... and we know that because we are the only fanbase that ever had them stolen and literally took them back. We ARE the greatest football fans on earth.

I love this analogy. Very appropriate.

Now that you mention it, a lot of Steeler fans do seem like Grinches:

b7003c5c-49f0-585c-9ef7-9abb00ee1cfd.image.jpg

Don't ever think you are going to come into my house and tell me our championships "count" less than yours.

Admit to us that you'd rather be a Browns fan. That you are amazed at how resilient we are. You guys remind me of "The Grinch". You wake up the morning after beating our team and rush to the mountaintop figuring that you are going to look down and see us crying, our spirit broken.

Zombo

k, first off, we don't have to come here and tell you that your "championships" don't mean much to anyone anymore. just go to ANY forum for any other NFL team and ask their fans if they consider these titles to be very meaningful.

like i said, if you are happy with them.......fine. just don't wait for anyone else to recognize them.

second...... how resilient? so resilient that your fans stampeded out of your stadium (at the begining of halftime) while you still had a chance to pull off an upset and keep your hated division rivals out of the 2nd seed? yeah, keep up the superfandom.........what was i thinking? i mean abandoning your team is the ULTIMATE show of support..........right?

Do you think before you speak? Let's put it this way, if I am walking through downtown on my way to the stadium and I see two gay guys making out on a sidewalk bench, that freaks me out. So, in your little world, if I am freaked out by two guys hooking up then I'm gay? That's ridiculous.

no, it's psychology. and it's a pretty well known pattern of homophobia by closet homosexuals.

see, if you weren't utterly terrified of being outed as gay or didn't carry homosexual tendencies that you keep hidden then

you'd never be "freaked out", as you put it, by the fact that you see two men together.

you might not agree with it morally and you might not ever want to have a sexual relationship with a man.

but you wouldn't be "freaked out" by it.

not unless it's hitting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too close to home.

doth the man protest too much?

i believe he does.

Since 1970 the Browns have not been an elite team like they were before in as I call them "little scramble football leagues." 1970 was when the NFL became competitive and that is when we all heard the last of any Browns championship.

If it was such a little scrambled football league, then why did Pittsburgh never win a title, and finish .500 or below 27 of the 34 years they exsisted, with a combined record of 156-240 over that span prior to 1970?

Were you guys just a bunch of nerds, huddled in a coal mine cooking up Steroids? You waited until we established the game, then figured out a way to cheat? Paul Brown was innovated in developing the face mask and radio receiver installed in QB helmets back in those days, something tells me that Pittsburgh has only been innovated in introducing steroid use into the league.

just a follow-up on my last post.

pulled this from wiki:

Some argue that some or most people who are homophobic have repressed their own homosexuality. In 1996, a controlled study of 64 heterosexual men (half claimed to be homophobic by experience and self-reported orientation) at the University of Georgia found that men who were found to be homophobic (as measured by the Index of Homophobia)[49] were considerably more likely to experience more erectile responses when exposed to homoerotic images than non-homophobic men.

get my point? nevermind, don't think about pointy things or you may have an erectile response.

no, it's psychology. and it's a pretty well known pattern of homophobia by closet homosexuals.

see, if you weren't utterly terrified of being outed as gay or didn't carry homosexual tendencies that you keep hidden then

you'd never be "freaked out", as you put it, by the fact that you see two men together.

you might not agree with it morally and you might not ever want to have a sexual relationship with a man.

but you wouldn't be "freaked out" by it.

not unless it's hitting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too close to home.

Thanks for the window peek into the gay life, but I just have two questions;

#1.) If a man liked to place another mans penis in his mouth between the years of 1930-1969, would it still be recognized as an homosexual act in todays modern world?

#2.) If your homosexual lover was born in 1945, and had his first homsexual relationship in 1964 prior to you coming along and winning his heart on New Years eve 1969; would you consider yourself his first love or would you recongize his prior relationships even though you introduced him to synthetic toys?

Thanks for the window peek into the gay life, but I just have two questions;

#1.) If a man liked to place another mans penis in his mouth between the years of 1930-1969, would it still be recognized as an homosexual act in todays modern world?

#2.) If your homosexual lover was born in 1945, and had his first homsexual relationship in 1964 prior to you coming along and winning his heart on New Years eve 1969; would you consider yourself his first love or would you recongize his prior relationships even though you introduced him to synthetic toys?

really don't care dude. you can argue your "championships" with someone else. like i said, if you need validated just go to any other of the 30 teams and ask them if they think your titles stack up to a SB title.

then argue with them when they tell you no.

like i said, if you are happy with them.......fine. just don't wait for anyone else to recognize them.

The NFL recognizes them. The Pro Football Hall of Fame recognizes them. Who cares what some dumb hillbilly thinks?

I guess World War II wasn't a great victory because it wasn't in your "modern era" of warfare. I suppose we never landed on the moon because it happened before 1970. The Yankees World Series with Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle, etc ... none of them count. The Celtics of Bill Russell ... sorry Bill, those don't count, the NBA wasn't competitive enough. Pete Rose, we gotta take half your hits away, because the one's before 1970 don't count as much. Marilyn Monroe wasn't hot, James Dean couldn't act, the Beatles are insignificant and Elvis Presley's only important contributions were the "Fat Elvis" songs from the 70's, because the 60's weren't competive ... they weren't as many singers.

Zombo

The NFL recognizes them. The Pro Football Hall of Fame recognizes them. Who cares what some dumb hillbilly thinks?

I guess World War II wasn't a great victory because it wasn't in your "modern era" of warfare. I suppose we never landed on the moon because it happened before 1970. The Yankees World Series with Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle, etc ... none of them count. The Celtics of Bill Russell ... sorry Bill, those don't count, the NBA wasn't competitive enough. Pete Rose, we gotta take half your hits away, because the one's before 1970 don't count as much. Marilyn Monroe wasn't hot, James Dean couldn't act, the Beatles are insignificant and Elvis Presley's only important contributions were the "Fat Elvis" songs from the 70's, because the 60's weren't competive ... they weren't as many singers.

Zombo

see you made my point for me.

who cares what we think. be happy if you want to be happy about them.

just quit acting like anyone else cares.

just quit acting like anyone else cares.

The NFL cares. The Pro Football Hall of Fame cares. Real football fans care. Packer fans, Lions fans, Giants fans ... it's only you fags that think pro football started in 1970 because you don't want to recognize the years you sucked. Doesn't work that way, Bud. they all count. Just as much.

Zombo

The NFL cares. The Pro Football Hall of Fame cares. Real football fans care. Packer fans, Lions fans, Giants fans ... it's only you fags that think pro football started in 1970 because you don't want to recognize the years you sucked. Doesn't work that way, Bud. they all count. Just as much.

Zombo

suuuuurrrrrre they do.

you won't hear me argue.

:rolleyes:

it is a lot harder today to make the playoffs in the current NFL than is was to win a Browns Title back in the day.

That's just stupid.

Seriously, you guys are starting to embarrass me with how dumb you are. Please stop, I'm starting to feel like I'm picking on Retards.

Zombo

really don't care dude. you can argue your "championships" with someone else. like i said, if you need validated just go to any other of the 30 teams and ask them if they think your titles stack up to a SB title.

My first stop was to www.dabears.com. I wanted to know if the Chicago fans only considered their team to have ONE Championship notch (85'). The first thread I saw was this one:

Happy Birthday Dick Butkus

3 Comments by

BigClaws

12-09-2010 at 10:41 AM (1065 Views)

There are many reasons why I am a Bears fan. Afterall, our team is the founding team of the NFL. I also believe the Superbowl trophy should be called the Halas trophy, but that's an argument for a different day. This team is so rich in history, from it's creation in 1920, to the record breaking skills of Devin Hester today, it's truly an honor and a gift to root for this team. Not many people can say they've had players like Payton or Butkus play on their team. How lucky we are as Bear fans to say we did? So on this day, the birthday of a living legend, I wanted to share an email I sent to Dick,

I decided to not even bother to ask your question ... I think you see that you are wrong, wthout asking.

By your logic if I wrote a long, boring, stupid, article about how the sun would rise in the west tomorrow at 9PM and burn a hole though the earth while aligned with the moon thereby melting the cheese the moon was made of......I could simply wait until the sun came up in the east and proclaim myself vastly intelligent because the sun actually rose!

Steeler fans don't think the NFL started in 1970, we simply know that that's when the modern era of football started. Your championships from back when there were 8 teams and they wore leather helmets can count as much as "you" want to make them count. I'm sure that just like you make shit up all the time to make you feel better about your dumb ass you probably remember winning 30 or 40 of them.

Except of course it is silly to say that the "modern era" of football began in 1970. It didn't. What happened in 1970 was simply a simple step in the evolution of football. No more significant necessarily than what happened in the following years:

1933 Championship game established

1941 Playoff system devised for division ties. Overtime rule established

1946 Free substitition allowed AAFC begins

1950 AAFC/NFL merger

1960 AFL begins

1966 AFL and NFL devise expanded playoff system, First Super Bowl played

1970 AFL/NFL merger

1972 Hashmarks moved in

1974 Overtime rule begun for regular season. Missed FGs outside 20 yard line moved to line of scrimmage

1976 NFL expansion. 30 second play clock established

1977 16 game season established. More Wildcard teams added. 5 yard contact rule established. Head slap abolished

1978 Pass blocking rule revised to favor offense

1988 45 second play clock devised

1990 Playoffs expanded

1994 2 point conversion

1995 Expansion

1999 Instant replay rule begins. Expansion

2002 Expansion. Eight divisions of 4 teams established.

And it goes on and on. And the game will continue to evolve in the future.

k, first off, we don't have to come here and tell you that your "championships" don't mean much to anyone anymore. just go to ANY forum for any other NFL team and ask their fans if they consider these titles to be very meaningful.

Actually, that has been done...And all the people we have heard from that were fans of these other teams have come in here and said that all titles going back to when the NFL began are just like all other titles in the ensuing 90 years. We are talking Packer fans, Falcon fans, Saints fans, Bucs fans, etc. etc. etc. In fact there there is only fans of one single team that claim otherwise. That would be the team with all the dumb fans. Figure out who that may be.

Here is the list. EVERYONE recognizes them. Actually, we should ask you to find one authoritative listing that doesn't list them:

All Leagues Combined

Years Leagues Champions

2010 NFL

2009 NFL Super Bowl XLIV: New Orleans Saints (NFC,13-3) defeated Indianapolis Colts (AFC,14-2), Score: 31-17

2008 NFL Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC,12-4) defeated Arizona Cardinals (NFC,9-7), Score: 27-23

2007 NFL Super Bowl XLII: New York Giants (NFC,10-6) defeated New England Patriots (AFC,16-0), Score: 17-14

2006 NFL Super Bowl XLI: Indianapolis Colts (AFC,12-4) defeated Chicago Bears (NFC,13-3), Score: 29-17

2005 NFL Super Bowl XL: Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC,11-5) defeated Seattle Seahawks (NFC,13-3), Score: 21-10

2004 NFL Super Bowl XXXIX: New England Patriots (AFC,14-2) defeated Philadelphia Eagles (NFC,13-3), Score: 24-21

2003 NFL Super Bowl XXXVIII: New England Patriots (AFC,14-2) defeated Carolina Panthers (NFC,11-5), Score: 32-29

2002 NFL Super Bowl XXXVII: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFC,12-4) defeated Oakland Raiders (AFC,11-5), Score: 48-21

2001 NFL Super Bowl XXXVI: New England Patriots (AFC,11-5) defeated St. Louis Rams (NFC,14-2), Score: 20-17

2000 NFL Super Bowl XXXV: Baltimore Ravens (AFC,12-4) defeated New York Giants (NFC,12-4), Score: 34-7

1999 NFL Super Bowl XXXIV: St. Louis Rams (NFC,13-3) defeated Tennessee Titans (AFC,13-3), Score: 23-16

1998 NFL Super Bowl XXXIII: Denver Broncos (AFC,14-2) defeated Atlanta Falcons (NFC,14-2), Score: 34-19

1997 NFL Super Bowl XXXII: Denver Broncos (AFC,12-4) defeated Green Bay Packers (NFC,13-3), Score: 31-24

1996 NFL Super Bowl XXXI: Green Bay Packers (NFC,13-3) defeated New England Patriots (AFC,11-5), Score: 35-21

1995 NFL Super Bowl XXX: Dallas Cowboys (NFC,12-4) defeated Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC,11-5), Score: 27-17

1994 NFL Super Bowl XXIX: San Francisco 49ers (NFC,13-3) defeated San Diego Chargers (AFC,11-5), Score: 49-26

1993 NFL Super Bowl XXVIII: Dallas Cowboys (NFC,12-4) defeated Buffalo Bills (AFC,12-4), Score: 30-13

1992 NFL Super Bowl XXVII: Dallas Cowboys (NFC,13-3) defeated Buffalo Bills (AFC,11-5), Score: 52-17

1991 NFL Super Bowl XXVI: Washington Redskins (NFC,14-2) defeated Buffalo Bills (AFC,13-3), Score: 37-24

1990 NFL Super Bowl XXV: New York Giants (NFC,13-3) defeated Buffalo Bills (AFC,13-3), Score: 20-19

1989 NFL Super Bowl XXIV: San Francisco 49ers (NFC,14-2) defeated Denver Broncos (AFC,11-5), Score: 55-10

1988 NFL Super Bowl XXIII: San Francisco 49ers (NFC,10-6) defeated Cincinnati Bengals (AFC,12-4), Score: 20-16

1987 NFL Super Bowl XXII: Washington Redskins (NFC,11-4) defeated Denver Broncos (AFC,10-4-1), Score: 42-10

1986 NFL Super Bowl XXI: New York Giants (NFC,14-2) defeated Denver Broncos (AFC,11-5), Score: 39-20

1985 NFL Super Bowl XX: Chicago Bears (NFC,15-1) defeated New England Patriots (AFC,11-5), Score: 46-10

1984 NFL Super Bowl XIX: San Francisco 49ers (NFC,15-1) defeated Miami Dolphins (AFC,14-2), Score: 38-16

1983 NFL Super Bowl XVIII: Los Angeles Raiders (AFC,12-4) defeated Washington Redskins (NFC,14-2), Score: 38-9

1982 NFL Super Bowl XVII: Washington Redskins (NFC,8-1) defeated Miami Dolphins (AFC,7-2), Score: 27-17

1981 NFL Super Bowl XVI: San Francisco 49ers (NFC,13-3) defeated Cincinnati Bengals (AFC,12-4), Score: 26-21

1980 NFL Super Bowl XV: Oakland Raiders (AFC,11-5) defeated Philadelphia Eagles (NFC,12-4), Score: 27-10

1979 NFL Super Bowl XIV: Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC,12-4) defeated Los Angeles Rams (NFC,9-7), Score: 31-19

1978 NFL Super Bowl XIII: Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC,14-2) defeated Dallas Cowboys (NFC,12-4), Score: 35-31

1977 NFL Super Bowl XII: Dallas Cowboys (NFC,12-2) defeated Denver Broncos (AFC,12-2), Score: 27-10

1976 NFL Super Bowl XI: Oakland Raiders (AFC,13-1) defeated Minnesota Vikings (NFC,11-2-1), Score: 32-14

1975 NFL Super Bowl X: Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC,12-2) defeated Dallas Cowboys (NFC,10-4), Score: 21-17

1974 NFL Super Bowl IX: Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC,10-3-1) defeated Minnesota Vikings (NFC,10-4), Score: 16-6

1973 NFL Super Bowl VIII: Miami Dolphins (AFC,12-2) defeated Minnesota Vikings (NFC,12-2), Score: 24-7

1972 NFL Super Bowl VII: Miami Dolphins (AFC,14-0) defeated Washington Redskins (NFC,11-3), Score: 14-7

1971 NFL Super Bowl VI: Dallas Cowboys (NFC,11-3) defeated Miami Dolphins (AFC,10-3-1), Score: 24-3

1970 NFL Super Bowl V: Baltimore Colts (AFC,11-2-1) defeated Dallas Cowboys (NFC,10-4), Score: 16-13

1969 NFL AFL Super Bowl IV: Kansas City Chiefs (AFL,11-3) defeated Minnesota Vikings (NFL,12-2), Score: 23-7

1968 NFL AFL Super Bowl III: New York Jets (AFL,11-3) defeated Baltimore Colts (NFL,13-1), Score: 16-7

1967 NFL AFL Super Bowl II: Green Bay Packers (NFL,9-4-1) defeated Oakland Raiders (AFL,13-1), Score: 33-14

1966 NFL AFL Super Bowl I: Green Bay Packers (NFL,12-2) defeated Kansas City Chiefs (AFL,11-2-1), Score: 35-10

1965 NFL AFL Green Bay Packers (NFL,10-3-1), Buffalo Bills (AFL,10-3-1)

1964 NFL AFL Cleveland Browns (NFL,10-3-1), Buffalo Bills (AFL,12-2)

1963 NFL AFL Chicago Bears (NFL,11-1-2), San Diego Chargers (AFL,11-3)

1962 NFL AFL Green Bay Packers (NFL,13-1), Dallas Texans (AFL,11-3)

1961 NFL AFL Green Bay Packers (NFL,11-3), Houston Oilers (AFL,10-3-1)

1960 NFL AFL Philadelphia Eagles (NFL,10-2), Houston Oilers (AFL,10-4)

1959 NFL Baltimore Colts (NFL,9-3)

1958 NFL Baltimore Colts (NFL,9-3)

1957 NFL Detroit Lions (NFL,8-4)

1956 NFL New York Giants (NFL,8-3-1)

1955 NFL Cleveland Browns (NFL,9-2-1)

1954 NFL Cleveland Browns (NFL,9-3)

1953 NFL Detroit Lions (NFL,10-2)

1952 NFL Detroit Lions (NFL,9-3)

1951 NFL Los Angeles Rams (NFL,8-4)

1950 NFL Cleveland Browns (NFL,10-2)

1949 NFL AAFC Philadelphia Eagles (NFL,11-1), Cleveland Browns (AAFC,9-1-2)

1948 NFL AAFC Philadelphia Eagles (NFL,9-2-1), Cleveland Browns (AAFC,14-0)

1947 NFL AAFC Chicago Cardinals (NFL,9-3), Cleveland Browns (AAFC,12-1-1)

1946 NFL AAFC Chicago Bears (NFL,8-2-1), Cleveland Browns (AAFC,12-2)

1945 NFL Cleveland Rams (NFL,9-1)

1944 NFL Green Bay Packers (NFL,8-2)

1943 NFL Chicago Bears (NFL,8-1-1)

1942 NFL Washington Redskins (NFL,10-1)

1941 NFL Chicago Bears (NFL,10-1)

1940 NFL Chicago Bears (NFL,8-3)

1939 NFL Green Bay Packers (NFL,9-2)

1938 NFL New York Giants (NFL,8-2-1)

1937 NFL Washington Redskins (NFL,8-3)

1936 NFL Green Bay Packers (NFL,10-1-1)

1935 NFL Detroit Lions (NFL,7-3-2)

1934 NFL New York Giants (NFL,8-5)

1933 NFL Chicago Bears (NFL,10-2-1)

1932 NFL Chicago Bears (NFL,7-1-6)

1931 NFL Green Bay Packers (NFL,12-2)

1930 NFL Green Bay Packers (NFL,10-3-1)

1929 NFL Green Bay Packers (NFL,12-0-1)

1928 NFL Providence Steam Roller (NFL,8-1-2)

1927 NFL New York Giants (NFL,11-1-1)

1926 NFL Frankford Yellow Jackets (NFL,14-1-2)

1925 NFL Chicago Cardinals (NFL,11-2-1)

1924 NFL Cleveland Bulldogs (NFL,7-1-1)

1923 NFL Canton Bulldogs (NFL,11-0-1)

1922 NFL Canton Bulldogs (NFL,10-0-2)

1921 APFA Chicago Staleys (APFA,9-1-1)

1920 APFA Akron Pros (APFA,8-0-3)

We have asked. They all say yes. So much for you.

I visited www.PackerChatters.com and they had an entire page (http://packerchatters.com/?page_id=122) dedicated to the proud history and tradition of the team. They too, such as the Browns, Bears and many other pre-1970 fan bases are proud of their rich tradition. It's just that the Steelers have no such tradition or history to be proud of prior to 1974, so therefor they try their hardest to block it out.

Let's just hope that you don't turn your back on this country. Hopefully none of you are serving in the military for this great country.

Some argue that some or most people who are homophobic have repressed their own homosexuality. In 1996, a controlled study of 64 heterosexual men (half claimed to be homophobic by experience and self-reported orientation) at the University of Georgia found that men who were found to be homophobic (as measured by the Index of Homophobia)[49] were considerably more likely to experience more erectile responses when exposed to homoerotic images than non-homophobic men.

Like I said, if you would like to express your concealed homosexuality, please take it elsewhere. Maybe a psychologist would do?

it is a lot harder today to make the playoffs in the current NFL than is was to win a Browns Title back in the day.

In fact it is almost impossible for the Browns to make it to .500

Actually, that is completely false.

Let's just take the period from 1950 to 1965.

In just the NFL 14.2% of the NFL teams MADE the playoffs. .

If you added the AFL years, 18.18% of teams made the playoffs.

Today, 37.5% of NFL teams make the playoffs.

Under that old format, minimally, the following NFL Champions would not have even seen the postseason:

1980 Raiders

1997 Broncos

2000 Ravens

2005 Steelers

2007 Giants

If now, as then they would only allow the 8 division winners to have a chance to win the title, these Champions would have been at home sitting on their ass watching the playoffs.

So, tell us how hard it is to win a title now? A couple of these teams were only like the 6th seed in their conference. They won because they got hot at the end of the year and in the playoffs. How hot would they have been sitting on their couches?

Archived