THE BROWNS BOARD

A Steelers Christmas

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

Just saw a Tom Jackson report on SportsCenter about how Steelers DC Dick LeBeau recites The Night Before Christmas for his guys every year. A little weird, but geniuses tend to be a bit quirky...

On the other hand, Tom Jackson & the folks at ESPN must be super-morons. As part of the segment, former Steeler Greg Lloyd talks about Lebeau's recital and says this:

"Life is not always about X's and O's. Sometimes you have to stop and realize what's more important to you than going out and hitting people, and, obviously, it's family."

Ah, Greg Lloyd rhapsodizing on the importance of family. He must be an honest, decent, and kind...

In 2003, Lloyd was charged with aggravated assault after he supposedly shoved a pistol in his son's mouth for poor grades in a 2001 incident. The trial resulted in a mistrial in 2004. Lloyd is also going through a divorce with his wife, Rhonda. In January 2003, Lloyd was charged with simple assault after pointing a gun at his wife's head. He pleaded no contest and received probation. In June 2003, Lloyd was charged with aggravated stalking for taking a package that belonged to his estranged wife from a Mail Boxes Etc. store. The case is still pending.

Oh, nevermind.

Seriously, how could ESPN have aired that? Even if only a few people notice, shouldn't the producers cut out a clip of a known child and spouse abuser talking about how important his family is to him?

Then again, maybe they're planning on making this kind of stupidity a trend. Perhaps we should be looking forward to this in a couple months:

Up next: in an exclusive interview with ESPN, Michael Vick campaigns to become the Browns' next quarterback.

"I think I'd fit in there," Vick tells NFL Live's Tom Jackson. "You know, I used to own a lot of dogs, so I think the Dawg Pound's the place for me."

Lloyd obviously thinks it's cheaper to use his family for target practice and for punching bags than going to the rifle range or gym.

I applaud his valiant efforts in showing the true value of family.

After all, a good gym is what? 50 bones a month? That's $600 a year.

Membership at the rifle range and bullets if you go twice a week, that's $150 a month easy, or $1800 a year.

Think of all the money he's saving by having a wife instead of visiting a prostitute 3 times a week at $100 a pop, that's $15,600 a year!

Add all that up and it's $18,000 a year with none of that being able to be written off on taxes.

Take a wife and kid into consideration, you get to file head of household, that's $3,000 off, each kid is worth about $1,000 and so is the wife, so we'll say $5,000 for a wife and kid off of taxes.

Feed 'em ramen noodles and do all their shopping at the salvation army and you just broke even on that 5g a year you're getting toward a tax write off and you're SAVING that $18,000 a year!

No need to pay the wife for nookie and if she wants to bolt, pull an OJ! Do not collect alimony, go directly to another abusive relationship with someone that looks just like her that's drawn to you because of the money you have.

And if you kill the kid or have it taken away?

Big deal!

Our current child welfare system judges parents case by case so even if you've had your last 4 kids taken away for abuse and neglect you can always knock up the old lady and give it another try while children services wait for you to snap this new one's neck.

Face it, abusive assholes are everywhere because the system BREEDS THEM.

Ah, good ole Greggy Lloyd, he was always a coolie.

I loved that time he came in the backfield unblocked and met Mack just as he was taking the handoff. Mack had just enough time to lower his head and knocked the Roidster out stone cold, it was a hoot.

He'll end up in prison.

Once again another thread about the Steelers that has nothing to do with anything other then the fact that the Browns fans on this board are completely obsessed and jealous as hell of the Steelers franchise and the success it has had. Plus, there is nothing really else for the Browns fans to talk about on this board since their team is a complete and total utter joke and laughing stock once again. Dont be jealous of a Steelers team that has made the playoffs 12 out of the last 17 seasons since 1992, has played in 6 AFC Championship Games in that span, has won 10 division titles as well, has won 12 playoff games total since 1992, and has played in 2 Super Bowls in that time, and also won a Super Bowl in that period of time to top it all off. Guess if I was a Browns fans and saw those stats compared to the stats their team has had over the last 17 years or so I would probably be jealous and obsessed with the Steelers as well. Even the Browns fans have to admit those stats and numbers I just pointed out are pretty impressive because they are legit and the numbers dont lie.

Anyone here been through a Nasty Divorce , maybe had the "wife" Fabricate a Tall Tale ?? Greg Lloyd was...

................................................................................

................................................................................

INTERNET NEWS STORY:

Greg Lloyd just wants to be around his kids. And he'll muss up some punk karate kid along the way if he has to (there must be an infinite amount of terror in the mind of the kid holding the yellow cushion).

Sure, we all know Greg Lloyd is a Martial Arts instructor. Now, the Atlanta-Journal Constitution wants to know what he's up to...at this very moment.

Obviously, still teaching Tae Kwon Do. I enjoy the fact that his students must refer to him as "Master Lloyd." And the article delivers one of the best lines in journalism history, no matter how many times it is reproduced in however-many newspapers/websites:

Greg Lloyd Jr. was 15 at the time authorities alleged that his father shoved the gun in his mouth as punishment for his poor grades.

Master Lloyd is on a mission to let the world know that he's not the monster that people make him out to be. Like, that gun-in-the-son's-mouth incident? False. All lies from a scorned wife during the nasty-divorce-proceedings.

“I don’t blame my son for what has taken place,” he started. “I think everybody around me and everybody over there realizes it was a lie. And a lot of it just never really got out, what really took place.”

Lloyd recounted his son’s girlfriend’s testimony, the testimony at the second trial which cast doubt over the rest of the case.

“I think what happened,” Lloyd said, “is Gregory loves his mom and he didn’t want to disappoint his mom. So I understand why he did what he did. As a father, he’s kind of like the prodigal son. He has spun his wheels, said some things that I think and I know that he doesn’t believe. I have put myself out there to let him know that he’s forgiven, but I can’t be sure that the message gets through because there are so many people trying to block it, which I never understood. How can somebody stand in the way of a father-son relationship? Who would want to do that? So I’ve waited until he’s become a man, and I think the best thing for him is being at UConn, being away from his mom, growing up and understanding life. I think that’s going to open up his eyes to what really went down, and I think in time that’ll do it. I tried to make the initial contact by saying, ‘Hey listen I’m here. My number hasn’t changed the last 10 years. You know where I live and you know my values and my views won’t change.’ They won’t change. I am still the same person. I still believe in discipline. I still believe in doing things the right way because that’s the way to do it. I still believe in honor. I still believe in children honoring their parents. I let him know that, but I also let him know that he’s his own man. That’s really all, as a father, I can do.

“You know, when I stopped playing professional football I gave up my old life. I stopped drinking. I gave all that up. I haven’t drank since then. I’m not that same person. She still wanted that lifestyle and I didn’t, so when I retired, I retired to do everything: Get my kids up in the morning, take them to the private school, pick them up, help them with their homework, and then get them here in time to do tae kwon do. That’s what I did. I became mom and dad. For me, it was almost like I was trying to make up for all that time I missed playing football. You can’t do it, but the thing was I was resented. I was resented. You would think most women would think, ‘Wow, dad’s home. Now I get to rest.’ But she liked that power. She liked that power of ‘Look at my house.’ I’m like, ‘Well, you didn’t play football. You don’t have any bruises or broken fingers or bad knees or screws in you, so don’t do this.’ That’s what most of the arguments sprang from. Then she started doing stuff, having people at my house without me knowing, without telling me, and it became very disrespectful, so one of us had to go. I brought my children downstairs and just explained to them what was going on, and that they probably weren’t going to see dad for a while until we got things worked out. I still didn’t want them to let that be an excuse for bad behavior or for bad grades in school. My son was right there ..."

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

WE really dont know ...the TRUTH. Dont be too fast to assume what is truth and what is not.

Guest Aloysius

Ridiculous. Let's go through the two Steeler fan responses:

Once again another thread about the Steelers that has nothing to do with anything other then the fact that the Browns fans on this board are completely obsessed and jealous as hell of the Steelers franchise and the success it has had.

That had nothing to do with what I posted. If you actually read it, you'd notice much of the anger was directed towards ESPN for allowing a known child and spouse abuser to tout his family-loving credentials.

Lloyd's a very bad egg. If I were a Steelers fan, I'd want to establish that he doesn't represent what the franchise is all about. I'd be pissed off if ESPN put him out there talking about family; people inevitably will connect the dots, thereby tarnishing the team's rep.

#95 was an incredible linebacker, but he's not a guy you want representing the Steelers' Christmas spirit.

Which gets me to the second Steeler fan response:

Anyone here been through a Nasty Divorce , maybe had the "wife" Fabricate a Tall Tale ?? Greg Lloyd was...

[...]

WE really dont know ...the TRUTH. Dont be too fast to assume what is truth and what is not.

I don't get this. Allegations of domestic abuse should be taken very seriously. And Lloyd pleaded no contest to assaulting his wife - I don't see how you turn that around and say he was innocent.

And your theory that his ex-wife fabricated the charges doesn't take into account his son's comments:

Like most kids, Greg Jr. says he wanted a father who would see him become the football player that he is today. A father who would see him play college football. But not the father that he has.

"I'm living great without him in my life," Greg Jr. said. "I don't have to be scared every day. That's much better than the way I was living back when he was around."

He has not spoken to his father since 2002 and says he has no relationship with the man. According to press accounts of his testimony at the first trial, Greg Jr. said his father put the barrel of a Glock semiautomatic pistol in his mouth because he allegedly was upset about his 12-year-old son's grades in school.

"He was like, `You're wasting your life away and if you want to ruin it, I can end it for you right now," Greg Jr. said at the trial.

Accounts of the trials are based on reports from The Associated Press, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and The Citizen of Fayetteville, Ga.

[...]

According to Rhonda and Greg Jr., the fiery anger that Greg Lloyd Sr. used for motivation on the field was also a regular part of everyday life in the Lloyd household.

"He had his on and off days where he was a good person or he wasn't," Greg Jr. said. "But it pretty much went bad after he retired."

Unless you think that Greg Jr. was "brainwashed", it seems like he's confirming that the accounts of a troubled, abusive Lloyd household are accurate. Trying to defend him just makes you & Steelers fans in general look bad.

When James Harrison got in trouble earlier this year, Preacher had the class to come on this board and condemn his actions. Perhaps the two of you should try to learn a thing or two from that classy Steeler fan.

ummm sorry but i cant be jealouse over a franchise that has...Used steroids...and paid off refs to ensure victory when they clearly were getting suspect calls...no sorry...I'll take My Browns,,,You and Belicheat can sit forever side by side as cheaters with asterisks next to your SB wins...Seee-Ya!

Sure we do. A Roided-up Greg Lloyd stuck a pistol in his son's mouth and against his wife's head ... because Lord Knows, you better pack a piece at the breakfast table when you're in your Squirrel Hill McMansion.

Now, in typical Steeler fashion, we wait around and see which of four things happen to him:

a. Prison.

b. Wraps car around tree in high-speed roided out run from authorities.

c. Dies an early death from organ failure due to years of steriod abuse.

d. Crushed by wood.

Zombo

Sure we do. A Roided-up Greg Lloyd stuck a pistol in his son's mouth and against his wife's head ... because Lord Knows, you better pack a piece at the breakfast table when you're in in your Squirrel Hill McMansion.

Now, in typical Steeler fashion, we wait around and see which of four things happen to him:

a. Prison.

b. Wraps car around tree in high-speed roided out run from authorities.

c. Dies an early death from organ failure due to years of steriod abuse.

d. Crushed by wood.

Zombo

Zombo!

It is very nice and refreshing to have you back with us on a more consistant basis...on a side note..is zombocom your site?..I have been sending people to that for YEARS because it is the funniest site on the web ...well to me anyways.

ummm sorry but i cant be jealouse over a franchise that has...Used steroids...and paid off refs to ensure victory when they clearly were getting suspect calls...no sorry...I'll take My Browns,,,You and Belicheat can sit forever side by side as cheaters with asterisks next to your SB wins...Seee-Ya!

Repeatting the same wrong statement over and over doesn't make it right.

http://www.steelertribute.com/XL_ben_is_in.jpg

I don't get this. Allegations of domestic abuse should be taken very seriously. And Lloyd pleaded no contest to assaulting his wife - I don't see how you turn that around and say he was innocent.

And your theory that his ex-wife fabricated the charges doesn't take into account his son's comments:

My friend was just "accused " of stuff by a Crazy woman who was once his wife.... over a BS incident that Never happened. Its apparent it was taken serious...and nothing came from it. Maybe Lloyd was indeed innocent. Not for me to say. Damn sure not for You to say as well.

(QUOTE)

Lol........ Dum Dum dum DUMB !

The NFL fines hines to appear objective because fining a player will never take a team out of the playoffs or hurt their draft.

Besides, they probably turn a blind eye to the organization paying the fine for him.

Just when I think we've seen the most Retarded stooler fan show up here another one of you trisomy 18 miracles shows up and takes the cake.

I'm gonna have fun kicking you around for a while.

No, actually Hines paid his own ridiculous fines..... Nice try at lying to smear the Steelers organization!

let espn praise this scumbag, while the NFL turns a blind eye to how corupt the steelers franchise is from the owners to there players. its simply disgusting!

What? I haven't posted since the message board changed over but this brought me out of the woodwork. The steeler franchise is corrupt? The Rooney family is corrupt. I know this is a Browns board and it's your job to hate the Steelers but the Steeler franchise and the Rooney family are a model for what a NFL franchise should be and the rest of the NFL realizes that....

Please provide me with your no doubt colorful examples. One inquiring mind would like to know....

Don't be such a dumb ass.

Then there are guys saying the Steeler organization pays off refs? Anyone else watching James Harrison getting held all season long? Down right mugged. There hasn't been a hold called in the Steelers favor in the last 28 or so quarters of football, it may be longer than that now. I believe the last time was against the Redskins so you do the math and this has been documented. As far as the Steroids were concerned because a few guys admitted to using steroids it means the entire team was? and do you HONESTLY think the Steelers were the only team with guys using some form of steroid and Bradshaw clarified in his case it wasn't for abnormal muscle growth but rather a faster healing process. Leave it to the Browns fan base to spin their shit around in the most construed manner possible. Give it a rest fellas it's getting old. I could have been all over this board after the Browns implosion spewing random sh.it and I haven't until now. FYI most of Pittsburgh doesn't give a shit about the brownies.

(QUOTE)

Lol........ Dum Dum dum DUMB !

Wow big words from such a little man...nice job Fag of Shpiel

Guest Aloysius

Welcome back, Snatch98.

Kind of off topic, but just wanted to let you know that you were right & I was wrong about Timmons.

That said, I stick by my prediction that Bruce Davis & Tony Hills with both be busts.

Welcome back, Snatch98.

Kind of off topic, but just wanted to let you know that you were right & I was wrong about Timmons.

That said, I stick by my prediction that Bruce Davis & Tony Hills with both be busts.

lol thanks Al

Timmons is definitely a beast and I think Bruce Davis will end up being another in the long line of great Steeler LB's. Now on the other hand I'm a total Hills skeptic so we'll see.

lol thanks Al

Timmons is definitely a beast and I think Bruce Davis will end up being another in the long line of great Steeler LB's. Now on the other hand I'm a total Hills skeptic so we'll see.

The biggest reason Hills fell to the 4th round was becuase of his injury in his senior year. He has some potential.

I will have to agree Davis is a bust. The only reason he is still on the team is becuase we spent a 3rd round pick on him. He doesn't play any special teams and often doesn't even dress for games. That being said, I hope I eat my words and attend his HOF induction in 25 years but he hasn't shown much of anything to this point.

My friend was just "accused " of stuff by a Crazy woman who was once his wife.... over a BS incident that Never happened. Its apparent it was taken serious...and nothing came from it. Maybe Lloyd was indeed innocent. Not for me to say. Damn sure not for You to say as well.

Yup. can't say for sure. Go ahead and tell me the Steelers leading the league in premature deaths is just a coincidence. You think the kid (who now stays 1,000 miles away from Greggie) and is sticking to his story is still making it up? 2+2=roid rage.

And before you sanctimonious Steeler trolls go off about Jamal Lewis, I never wanted the drug pusher on the team. I'm not the GM.

Yup. can't say for sure. Go ahead and tell me the Steelers leading the league in premature deaths is just a coincidence. You think the kid (who now stays 1,000 miles away from Greggie) and is sticking to his story is still making it up? 2+2=roid rage.

And before you sanctimonious Steeler trolls go off about Jamal Lewis, I never wanted the drug pusher on the team. I'm not the GM.

There are some pretty good Steelers from the 70's that are alive and healthy. They include Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, Stallworth, Lambert, Joe Greene, Mel Blount, Donnie Shell, LC Greenwood, Andy Russel, Jack Ham, Franco and Rocky. Others have recently past but had nothing to do with roids. They include Ernie Holmes, Dwighte White, and Mike Webster.

[edit] Ailments

It has been speculated that Webster's ailments were due to wear and tear sustained over his playing career; some doctors estimated he had been in the equivalent of "25,000 automobile crashes" in over 35 years of playing football at the high school, college and professional levels. Protective equipment, in particular helmets, was inferior during Webster's time, and defensive players sometimes employed a "head slap" move that was then accepted although illegal.

Nicknamed "Iron Mike", Webster's reputation for durability led him to play even though injured. Despite several rumors, Webster never admitted to using anabolic steroids at points during his career. He did state, however, that if he did take steroids, "they were legal at the time".

Webster's story is tragic; however, dude was roided out to the max

There are some pretty good Steelers from the 70's that are alive and healthy. They include Bradshaw, Swan, Stallworth, Lambert, Joe Greene, Mell Blount, Donnie Shell, LC Greenwood, Andy Russel, Jack Ham, Franco, and Rocky Bleire. Others have recently past but had nothing to do with roids. They include Ernie Holmes, Dwite Wight, and Mike Webster.

First off, save the ripping on DA for his new team. Secondly, it looks like you only incorrectly spelled six of those Steelers' names. Pretty good...

Dwite Wight

This is the greatest misspelling I have ever seen. It's 'Dwight White,' bro.

Archived