THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Robiske

PeytonHillis

I hate that the announcer claims it should have been intercepted. Maybe Colt knew he had a chance against that particular defender? Maybe he wouldn't make the throw against a better DB? Maybe he placed the ball perfectly?

No way that gets intercepted unless they shove Robiske out of the way prior to the ball getting there. It shouldn't have been a TD, the defender shouldn't have over-pursued the play when he had zero chance to intercept and little chance to knock the ball away.

No way that gets intercepted unless they shove Robiske out of the way prior to the ball getting there. It shouldn't have been a TD, the defender shouldn't have over-pursued the play when he had zero chance to intercept and little chance to knock the ball away.

Very true. It was a very nice play but Im still not "sold" on Robiske

Very true. It was a very nice play but Im still not "sold" on Robiske

Me either, didn't like the pick when we drafted him, mostly because i'm a Buckeye fan who saw him play. A very good college player, but I didn't think his game would translate to the pro's very well.

Still, I hope i'm wrong

Me either, didn't like the pick when we drafted him, mostly because i'm a Buckeye fan who saw him play. A very good college player, but I didn't think his game would translate to the pro's very well.

Still, I hope i'm wrong

I never get to watch to much collage ball. I really don't get to stoked about it anyway. But my friends have been life long season ticket holders for the Buckeyes and they really liked the guy and claimed he was a good "hands" guy. I would love to see him do great but the way it looks now I dunno

I never get to watch to much collage ball. I really don't get to stoked about it anyway. But my friends have been life long season ticket holders for the Buckeyes and they really liked the guy and claimed he was a good "hands" guy. I would love to see him do great but the way it looks now I dunno

I do think he has pretty good hands. He may also be a good route runner, but he doesn't have much quickness, not to mention top speed. I'll take quick recievers all day over burners, especially if we go WCO. I think quickness is a bigger key to getting open than speed, except maybe on deep outs.

Give me the Wes Welkers, Roddy Whites, Steve Smiths etc...

look I know everybody does not like Robo, but the fact is he does not get the ball thrown to him that much..How many drop balls does he have??? I am not sayin he is great at all, but if we add a Stud WR his number will go up ALOT...He can catch the ball he will be a solid pro, he just will not blow you away with WOW catches

look I know everybody does not like Robo, but the fact is he does not get the ball thrown to him that much..How many drop balls does he have??? I am not sayin he is great at all, but if we add a Stud WR his number will go up ALOT...He can catch the ball he will be a solid pro, he just will not blow you away with WOW catches

There is a reason he doesn't get thrown the ball, its called not being open or being covered.

I would love robo if he could run a 40 in under 5 seconds.

I bet hodges could beat him in a 40 yard dash

I'm not sold either but at least he finally showed some signs of life. It is pretty well known that most WRs that aren't just physical specimen take 2 years to start showing promise in the NFL. I'm still holding out hope that this will be the case with Robiskie. I would guess that the odds of that happening are slim though.

Still, I hope i'm wrong

I had exactly the same thoughts and I too am a buckeye fan. He can be a great zone buster but will never be great against press coverage. Agree that I hope he proves me wrong

I do think he has pretty good hands. He may also be a good route runner, but he doesn't have much quickness, not to mention top speed. I'll take quick recievers all day over burners, especially if we go WCO. I think quickness is a bigger key to getting open than speed, except maybe on deep outs.

Give me the Wes Welkers, Roddy Whites, Steve Smiths etc

And that's the key, I will take these guys over a T.O., Crabtree, etc., than a loud mouhted egotisitical it's-everyone-else's-fault-but-mine" wideout.

Here is the difference though. Chemistry. And the fact that a QB like Brady has the balls to throw in tight coverate and has the confidence in his WR's to go and catch those balls. We don't have one QB yet right now that has the tenacity to make those throws that you see Brady, Manning's, Brees throw...

And let me remind everyone of a WR from back in the day... Brian Brennan. Anyone remember how he was always the clutch 3rd down receiver. Would play in the coldest weather and never wore any gloves and I can't remember him ever dropping a ball thrown his way.

Check out this clip. Almost looks like the play Robiskie made..

Brian Brennan Catch and TD

He basically just hasnt had the right kind of system around him i gurantee you if he was on the patriots with there dink and donk small pass game he would be great he is a find the open zone coverage kind of player not a stretch the field or anything else, with McCoy now starting i can see him becoming somewhat dependable but still not worthy of where we drafted him as long as he does something opposed to what he as been doing prior to last week then i will be thankful

I was surprised by his late rise and the pick, honestly. He lacks speed, strength, and quickness. He doesn't do any one thing terribly well. He can catch the ball but doesn't go up and get it all that well.

I think he's an in and out of the league guy. It's a given that we'll be reconstructing our WR corps and he looks like a guy who could easily get cut.

I was surprised by his late rise and the pick, honestly. He lacks speed, strength, and quickness. He doesn't do any one thing terribly well. He can catch the ball but doesn't go up and get it all that well.

I think he's an in and out of the league guy. It's a given that we'll be reconstructing our WR corps and he looks like a guy who could easily get cut.

I honestly think that Stuckey will get cut before Robiskie.

I am really angry with Stuckey. He wasn't worth the Edwards deal at all. I mean I know we had to trade Edwards but for Stuckey. Man that sucked. Stuckey already cost us 1 game with that fumble.

Any game you watch you will see Stuckey have at least one bad play that hurts the team some how. Like you said he had the fumble that lost us the jets game, he had the dropped punt that lost any momentum we had during the Steelers game. Most of the time it's just not being able to get the first down on 3rd, but other times it's a dropped ball, batted pass for an int, or a fumble. I think we could at least put Robo in the slot to see what he can do.

Stuckey gets the ball alot more then Robo so its safe to assume he will have more bad plays.

Robo only has 10 less catches this year than Stuckey, but I can think of countless plays where Stuckey made a huge mistake and I can only think of about 2 of the same mistakes that Robo made. Besides Stuckey plays in the slot allowing him to get open more than Robiskie.

I know he has caught a flak around here for not catching a lot of passes but he has started to show a lot of progress as of late. I know he will never be a number one and probably not a number two for lack of speed but I think he is fighting to stay here next year and his play as of late just might keep him here.

The "push off" call on Robo was pretty bad, but I'm biased. It's at least good hearing his name be called and seeing him make some plays... Maybe next year he will 'break out'... With AJ Green, MoMass, Stuckey, Evan Moore, Watson and Robo we might be onto something... MAYBE. Let's see where the FO goes at the WR position, hopefully he continues to get better and gets to finish out his contract before we dump him.

No your right, that call was bullshit. The ref basically said from his angle all he saw was Robo's arm extended and he deemed that enough to call the foul on him. Thin about it though, if that is a catch that would have been 70ish total yards for robo in the game. It's weird it's like MoMass is declining and Robo is excelling at the end of the season.

Archived