THE BROWNS BOARD

Bye Bye Mangini

Buck The Frowns

Now if I seen McCoy catch a 60 yard pass in double coverage and take it all the way to the endzone I would say give him a shot at the position and I know you would to.

If the Cribbs can run the ball 90 yards for a td on a kickoff return while breaking 10 tackles then why not try him at rb? Unless this is the first season you started watching the Browns then you should know what that dude can do.

McCoy at wr is different then Cribbs at rb. It's apples to oranges but then again you also think Gruden is the answer for the Browns so that doesn't say much now does it?

Well I am sure your theory would work in Pee Wee football.

In the NFL being a good kick returner doesnt make you a good RB. Actually Cribbs would be a aweful RB, mine as well put Hodges at kick returner huh? Since he broke off that long run on the punt.

Your last comment, I am not sure I should even touch.. Your saying that since I think Gruden would be a better option than Mangini, that you cant take me seriously?

Really? Really??? I will say this only once, anyone who wants to compare mangini and gruden please do a little research.. All i ever hear is Gruden won with dungy's team (at least he won).. I never knew Dungy coached in Oakland...

Also please tell me what team Mangini has won with..

Jon Gruden wanted me to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Made a big stink when he said it in his bye week presser. Some people here and at the other board weren't real happy with him... said it was disrespectful to Mangini. Then he apparently just said it again to Greatham.

Until I hear if from Holmgren's mouth I call B.S... It is all just speculation cuz the media hates Mangini...

Until I hear if from Holmgren's mouth I call B.S... It is all just speculation cuz the media hates Mangini...

Actually it has little to do with hate and more to do with twice as many losses than wins in 2 seasons.

I really don't get it? Blaming it on the media for mangini short comings..

Mangini is done, put a fork in him.. I'm sure he will land some where as a ball boy..

You will hear it from holmgrens mouth after the steeler game, on that Tuesday..

Mark, I have serious reasons why I said it was time to trade Cribbs last spring. He is one of my favorite Browns players ever because of playing style and propensity to make long returns. However, I am more pragmatic that a cheeleader.

I wanted to move Cribbs because of the positions he played and his skill set. He could never be a great RB or WR or QB. Thus, he is just a role player at those positions. He entered this year as the PREMIER returner in the NFL. History says guys do not have long careers at premier returners. They usually are mostly used up by the fourth or fifth year. That is where Cribbs is and I expected a huge drop off this year(which now has occurred) and proclaimed he will never be even close again to approach what happened last year. Thus, I would have traded him last sprng if we could have gotten a third round pick.

My feeling going into this season was that the Browns were way short on offensive talent and at best could achieve 8-8. Thus Cribbs would be one year older when we finally were capable of competing in 2011. So I would have liked to see two youngs guys on the upside coming into replace he and Rogers before this season. Rogers essentially has no value now and Josh's value is way down and his ability do what he has in the past will greatly diminish. Maybe they can redo him to be used like Kevin Faulk was used for years at NE. Right now I am no longer interested in trading him as his value greatly declined. Rogers I would take what I can get, anything.

I disagree on Cribbs, he was better than a role player at WR..he was definitely improving and was creating matchup problems for defenses until he got hurt in the Jets game.

The logic makes sense though in that the team wasn't going to the playoffs this season and we had the opportunity to move guys with high value in order to get more players down the road when the team is ready to make the jump to the next level.

And its sealed folks. Mangini just bought his ticket out of Cleveland.

the same things we complain about in regards to mangini are the same exact things that jets fans were complaining about when he coached the jets. i think you'll agree that this isn't about hating mangini. it's all about hating his stubborn ways and his refusal to change his counter-productive style of gameday coaching. yes, mangini has the browns more disciplined than they've been in the past. that's nice, but if it doesn't equate to wins then is it really all that some people are pumping it up to be?

some browns fans are so pathetic that they'll except shit as long as it doesn't stink as bad as the shit they're used to. that, my friend, is the bottom line to all of this.

the same things we complain about in regards to mangini are the same exact things that jets fans were complaining about when he coached the jets. i think you'll agree that this isn't about hating mangini. it's all about hating his stubborn ways and his refusal to change his counter-productive style of gameday coaching. yes, mangini has the browns more disciplined than they've been in the past. that's nice, but if it doesn't equate to wins then is it really all that some people are pumping it up to be?

some browns fans are so pathetic that they'll except shit as long as it doesn't stink as bad as the shit they're used to. that, my friend, is the bottom line to all of this.

I agree 100%. I dont care if we have mass murderers on our team (figuratively) as long as they win. I love Mangini as a person. As a coach, as one New Yorker once said, "He is kind of boring".

Mangini is destined to be a lifelong mediocre coach and i would prefer it be somewhere other than cleveland, now the big concern is did lerner make the right hire in holmgren and will holmgren take care of the browns business or are we going to have to ummm tolorate mangini practicing coaching 101 on the cleveland browns sideline for another year before giving him the axe..

Enough of the nice fair guy stuff mikey, its time to get to work and fix this fricken mess!

At this point in time one has to question anyone lerner hires until they prove themselves, randy has an insidiously bad record of bad hires...

Pressure needs to be applied to the bleeding wound or the bandage wont hold and the bleeding wont stop lerner is that wound and should be the target of fan pressure if holmgren fails to resolve this teams problems again..

I bet even with his weight loss, gruden looks better naked than mangini

You must live in Lakewood..."cringes"

Lets wait and see what Holmgren decides. I seriously doubt that Gruden will be coaching this coming season (if a season even happens). But whatever he decides is what will be. I didn't care for us having the ball with 1 minute to play and 3 time outs and just letting the clock run. Shows a lack of caring, in my opinion.

I love Mangini as a person. As a coach, as one New Yorker once said, "He is kind of boring".

i'm just tired of these mangini homers who make all of these weak azz excuses for him and keep rehashing old stories from over a year ago about the media hating mangini. that has absolutely nothing to do with his questionable decision making, style of offense, use of timeouts and clock management. when people are criticizing a person for what they do and are accurate with their criticisms, hate shouldn't even factor into the conversation. mangini is his own worst enemy. he has 2 offensive gurus in the front office (holmgren and haskel), yet he continues to run that same slop he was running in ny. now what does that say about mangini??????? the media isn't using mind control on mangini to make him continusouly do the same dumb things that leads to losses. period and end of story!

There is no reason to keep mangini.. I realy want to hear those mangini blow hards defend him now.

those mangini homers sound just like the da homers. lowered expectations and settling for less are the things people like that live by. i want to win. i refuse to settle for less and my expectations are high. i'll only support a coach who can show some damn progress and stop doing the same dumb crap over and over again. that's just insane.

There is no reason to keep mangini.. I realy want to hear those mangini blow hards defend him now.

agreed. I have been disagreeing with you for awhile, but now, it is time for Mangini to go. Today, honestly, the way he coached the game, it didn't even look like Mangini wanted to win.

I know you are a big believer in Gruden, but I feel another coach who can guide us in the right direction is Lovie Smith. Lovie Smith's contract is up at the end of this season and he has been quite successful in Chicago. Smith is an aggressive, run-first coach and I think that fits our style of play and personnel.

Post your thoughts.

Lets wait and see what Holmgren decides.

agreed. i'll be very interested to hear the reason for whatever decision he makes. he's a smart guy and he has surrounded himself with other intelligent people who understand the game and what it takes to win.

those mangini homers sound just like the da homers. lowered expectations and settling for less are the things people like that live by. i want to win. i refuse to settle for less and my expectations are high. i'll only support a coach who can show some damn progress and stop doing the same dumb crap over and over again. that's just insane.

Exaclty, I can't see how going 5 and 11 back to back seasons is progress.

I am glad some people on here have logic..

I really question how educated some of our fellow fans are..

agreed. I have been disagreeing with you for awhile, but now, it is time for Mangini to go. Today, honestly, the way he coached the game, it didn't even look like Mangini wanted to win.

I know you are a big believer in Gruden, but I feel another coach who can guide us in the right direction is Lovie Smith. Lovie Smith's contract is up at the end of this season and he has been quite successful in Chicago. Smith is an aggressive, run-first coach and I think that fits our style of play and personnel.

Post your thoughts.

I don't think Smith will be available at the end of the season.

I think Mangini gets another season with a new OC. If we have a season like this one...Holmgren takes over as coach for the rest of the year and then brings in his own guy at the end of the season. My choice right now would be Jim Harbaugh.

I'm not sure what was going on with the clock management before the half but the one thing that continues to be a glaring problem is the WRs and the QB. I really have no idea how anybody can expect much with the obvious lack of firepower that we have. I'm tired of hearing about no creativity, hell, about the only reason we have scored this year is because of trick plays. It is sad to watch guys that are supposed to be professionals perform as poorly as our receiving corp has. Between the fumbles, the drops, and just not fighting for the ball when your QB gives you a jump ball in single coverage our WRs have failed in all aspects. If these guys would just execute anywhere near where they are suppose to, then the offense may actually produce some points.

Post your thoughts.

Your right, they looked un interested in playing..

Lovie smith I think is a good coach. Obviously better than mangini.

I would love to see holmgren come down and coach, if he can't coax gruden to come here.

I'm not sure what was going on with the clock management before the half but the one thing that continues to be a glaring problem is the WRs and the QB. I really have no idea how anybody can expect much with the obvious lack of firepower that we have. I'm tired of hearing about no creativity, hell, about the only reason we have scored this year is because of trick plays. It is sad to watch guys that are supposed to be professionals perform as poorly as our receiving corp has. Between the fumbles, the drops, and just not fighting for the ball when your QB gives you a jump ball in single coverage our WRs have failed in all aspects. If these guys would just execute anywhere near where they are suppose to, then the offense may actually produce some points.

I couldn't agree with you more on this post. I can't understand why our coaching staff didn't see this. WE HAVE NO RECIVERS.

Unfortunately, Mangini is probably going to get the axe which gives us pretty good odds of having a worse coach next year. Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

Is that possible?

wrrebel, please refer to these 2 comments that i previously made in this thread:

lowered expectations and settling for less are the things people like that live by.

some browns fans are so pathetic that they'll except shit as long as it doesn't stink as bad as the shit they're used to.

yeah, if holmgren's heroes decide to fire mangini and hire a new coach, it's going to be soooooo hard on them to find a new coach who can't do better than 2 pathetic back to back losing seasons filled with bad decision making, bad clock management, bad use of timeouts, playing not to lose, being predictable on offense, etc. <_<

wrrebel, please refer to these 2 comments that i previously made in this thread:

yeah, if holmgren's heroes decide to fire mangini and hire a new coach, it's going to be soooooo hard on them to find a new coach who can't do better than 2 pathetic back to back losing seasons filled with bad decision making, bad clock management, bad use of timeouts, playing not to lose, being predictable on offense, etc. <_<

Haha

Its so weird huh?? They make it seem like we have jeff fisher as our coach and as soon as we fire him he will get picked up right away..

"Which begs the question, what are they putting in the water in ohio?"

Haha

Its so weird huh?? They make it seem like we have jeff fisher as our coach and as soon as we fire him he will get picked up right away..

"Which begs the question, what are they putting in the water in ohio?"

they act like mangini has taken the browns to the afc championship game or something. help me out here, did i miss something? wow, some people are really falling in love with that mirage they're looking at.

Sorry if some of us like to look at the big picture. Let me ask you this, do you honestly think that any coach could have came in to the mess that Mangini inherited and done a better job? He has established a good running game and is molding a pretty solid defense which has ranked as one of the worst in the league for quite some time. And while we still don't have the horses to pull the plow this team is in most games with a chance to win almost all of them due to these changes. You guys that thought that this would be a playoff team in 2 years are simply delusional. Frankly, not giving Mangini one more year is borderline Retarded.

i guess some fans are so starved for improvements that they'll accept anything that resembles an improvement. the bottom line is wins and losses and this team could've done better than it did if they had a competent coach who could humble himself and see the error of his ways. how much longer will we sit back and continue to make excuses for people who continue to refuse to make the necessary corrections to enable this team to rise above mediocrity??????

p.s. mangini has been a horrible gameday coach since his days with the jets. he's heard all of the wisdom and hints that holmgren has made about his style of offense/overall coaching, yet he still does the same counterproductive crap on gameday. mangini is stubborn and he refuses to take the advice from vets who have been in it longer than he has and have been more successful than he has. all of these are negative qualities that will hinder a coach from being successful in the nfl. i'll say it again, mangini is his own worse enemy.

Archived