THE BROWNS BOARD

Bye Bye Mangini

Buck The Frowns

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that's true, then shame on Holmgren. The Browns aren't the most talented, and have very little depth, yet they have busted their asses off this season.

I think Mangini can get the job done with another good draft & a few FAs. Keep him.

I really wanted Mangini to work out as the head coach but after seeing us lose many games with conservative play calling and just bad offensive plays against the Jaguars, Bills and Bengals I just don't see Holmgren bringing Mangini back. The last thing any browns fan wants to see is losing to teams we should beat. I just don't understand how some fans can say Mangini is a good coach, he has not been successful with the Jets or with the Browns. Yes the Browns play hard, and are competitive but thats not good enough. Holmgren led the Packers and Seahawks to the Superbowl and Gruden won the Superbowl with the Bucs. Either way Holmgren or Gruden will be a much needed upgrade from Mangini!

Is Coughlin's contract up? If the Giants win there last 2 games they will be in the playoffs as a wild card team and he most likely would not be fired.

I'm not sure, but his name was tossed into the discussion. I don't think he would want to leave the G-Men and come to Cleveland. They are a consistently successful franchise and he is doing quite well obviously. I would definitely not complain if we hired him, though.

You take the points and bring it within one score. Then again, I bet you knew that.

Actually when you know that your defense just cant get it done you opt to go for 7, you did know our defense couldnt get it done, right? Mangini should have known as well..

I knew that the FG was another bad call along with over conservative playcalling right up until there was no choice but to put it down field and more poor clock management for a coach that is on the hook and soon to be fired..holmgren had to be punching a table or kicking a waste basket...hehehe

Lets just hope holmgren taps the right guy for the job and as bad as mangini sucks there is worse right in lamonte's stable...scary.

ROFLMAO. Is it too late to slip this in as a candidate for Post Of The Year?

(Please tell me you were being sarcastic- there are some who really feel this way)

The fact of the matter is our defence still only bends but doesn't break. The thing is they are bending for to far and too long allowing the offense to eat up time and still put up 3 points a drive. our offense still should have gotten more than 19 points, but they are just not good enough to do so.

It's a valid arguement that questionable play calling/time management issues impacted the outcome of the game. Of greater significance is that the Browns lack of talent was again exposed. No component

of the team (offense, defense, special team and coaching) has the players/ability to consistently compensate for poor play by another. The current Browns can only win when all the cylinders are firing We

can't rely on the defense to carry the team when the offense is sputtering (Bufffalo game) and, conversely, our offense doesn't have the firepower to overcome a bad day at the office on the defensive side of

the line (todays game). Manging has to be held accountable for poor performances these past two weeks. It doesn't seem fair that he has to pay with his job considering what he has to work with, but fairness

won't prevent his probable exit.

Mangini was so desperate during the game he took over the play calling on d for rob ryan..

With these back to back performances against teams with only 4 combined wins, it's inexcusable to lose in those ways. I was pro Mangini staying but now I"m ambivalent, hard to argue about progress when you can't beat teams you're supposed to

How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?

Ill eat mine if it does.

Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.

Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..

Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..

It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..

Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..

Don't roast me on this, but I believe Lovie Smith's contract is up in the Windy City. I wouldn't mind seeing him in brown and orange. He has done good things in Chicago and is a special teams extraordinaire.

Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.

New 2011 Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: Mike Holmgren

Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell

Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.

The end.

Mangini will be gone and someone besides Holmgren will the coach and HE WILL BE OFFENSIVE MINDED................book it

I don't know where you'd go, but I have seen more then a few folks just up and disappear when they were proven wrong before. You may not, but Im guessing a few of them that just showed up will.

I really would hate to lose Mangini and I am not sure he's to blame. I am not a football guru but..... what does he have to work with? I heard somethihng in the commentary today about how the Browns seem to play to the level of the opponents. I have to agree with it. We play well and beat good teams and we play like crap against crap teams. Either way we haven't gotten blown out in past years and although today was a loss, it was by two points.

Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.

New 2011 Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: Mike Holmgren

Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell

Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.

The end.

i'll be your huckleberry. didn't see the game (watchung giants.philly) but you should've expected a good game outta cincy........"on any given siundaY. i'm sure they played their top ball of all season to beat us.

Its funny, but let's save this post cause ur way off.

Gruden will be the browns next coach....

wrongo! dude if he's the browns's next coack ill buy you a six-pack, unfortunately i doubt they let it into the rehab you're in......you know the one for the young, serial killer pedophiles.

Archived