THE BROWNS BOARD

Bye Bye Mangini

Buck The Frowns

Heckert's the GM. I think if Holmgren coaches (and I think he will) it's going to be a planned bridge to another coach running his systems in 2012 or 2013... like Gruden.

Honestly, I think it's gotta be a WCO guy so it's Holmgren, Gruden, or Harbaugh. I think Harbaugh goes to either SF or Carolina (with Luck), so that leaves Holmgren or Gruden. It might kind of be both, as in Holmgren now then Gruden in 2012. Maybe Gruden's son got it right.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heckert's the GM. I think if Holmgren coaches (and I think he will) it's going to be a planned bridge to another coach running his systems in 2012 or 2013... like Gruden.

Honestly, I think it's gotta be a WCO guy so it's Holmgren, Gruden, or Harbaugh. I think Harbaugh goes to either SF or Carolina (with Luck), so that leaves Holmgren or Gruden. It might kind of be both, as in Holmgren now then Gruden in 2012. Maybe Gruden's son got it right.

But if this is Holmgren's "last chance" to coach then why would he only do it for 2-3 years?! I would think if he wants to coach, he will coach for a while...

Would you guys want Lovie Smith to come to Cleveland? His contract is up after this season.

Unless the bears get blown out in the second round of the playoffs (bears have at least the 2 seed), Lovie will get a contract extension... That said, I wouldn't want Lovie. Plus if Holmgren does pick a new coach, they will most likely be offensive minded.. I will also say that Mike Martz being the offensive coordinator this year for the bears has saved Lovie's job..

I am for giving mangini another year, but if Holmgren does pick a new coach (and if its not Holmgren himself), I would want John Fox.. and just to clear things up, no, Fox would not start Delhomme just because they would be reunited as coach and QB..

This thread is now getting absurd............Lovie and Gruden have both proved they are the victim or beneficiary of their players...........NEITHER IS WORTH A CRAP

A real coach raises the level of play neither of these buffoons raises anything

and yep Mangini is gone...................Holmgren will get offense minded ................so lovie has zero chance............and Gruden is will what he is an overhyped Chuckie.............and I believe Holmgren gets it...........and will go somewhere else

LMAO!!! OK, it is a deal Peterbell! If Mangini is still the Browns head coach after December 31, 2010 I don't get to post on here for a year!

The way I arrived at Dec 2010 is guessing that 1) He has a three year contract, 2) He will not have been able to turn the corner by the end of the second year, 3) Teams seem to be willing to eat one year but not more of a coach's contract, and 4) If they wait longer than December the best candidates will get jobs elsewhere. All speculation but maybe I am right. Anyway you got a deal!

Interesting predicament here.

I still would not take that bet with peterbell because as much as many fans would like to see mangini thrown out on his ear there is legit reasons why holmgren could retain the genius, however none of them have anything to do with coaching..

MH gave him a year to improve. We do not have a worse record then last year and we have been in every game with not much of an overly talented team. We made the Pats and Saints look mediocre. Give him 1 more year and some more weapons on offense and I think we will be pretty good.

This thread is now getting absurd............Lovie and Gruden have both proved they are the victim or beneficiary of their players...........NEITHER IS WORTH A CRAP

A real coach raises the level of play neither of these buffoons raises anything

and yep Mangini is gone...................Holmgren will get offense minded ................so lovie has zero chance............and Gruden is will what he is an overhyped Chuckie.............and I believe Holmgren gets it...........and will go somewhere else

Yeah well Gruden can coach much better than this guy!

omar-epps-5.jpg

Mangini will hopefully be fired Jan 2 at half time..

Why should the Browns give Mangini another year, to prove that he sucks.

Unlike some of you I don't need another year for him to prove it to me!

You've made that declaration 4,000,000,000 times which is roughly the same amount of times you've declared you're man love, man crush for Chucky..We get it already..seriously

You do realize that today is December 31, 2010, right? You prediction means he has to get fired in the next 3 hours and 13 minutes. Highly unlikely.

Dude, look at the time stamp of when he originally posted...

waiting...

DOH!

Yup, it was November 2009

Many are overlooking Mornhinweg.

He has a history with Heckert.

I think we are more likely to get a guy like him over gruden who is going to want to have more control than will be offered in Cleveland.

Archived