THE BROWNS BOARD

Bye Bye Mangini

Buck The Frowns

I am begining to think you have demensia!

Ok let me say this. And maybe you can put it up on your crayon board. I won't list what these coaches have done after this because if you don't you don't need to be here. Please don't make me go back and research the strength of schedule and draft pics of these coaches in the year they finally broke .500.

1. Tom Landry - Recorded an 0–11–1 record during their first season, with five or fewer wins in each of their next four.

2. Chuck Noll - 1-13 in his coaching rookie season (age 37 mind you), 5-9 his second season and 6 - 8 his third.

3. Bill Parcells - 3 -12 - 1 in his rookie season.

4. Bud Grant - 3 -8 - 3 in his rookie season.

7. Jeff Fisher - 1 - 5 in his rookie season and 7 - 9 in his second season.

8. Tony Dungy - 6 -10 in his rookie season.

9. Tom Coughlin - 6 - 10 in his rookie season with the Giants.

The list goes on. John Gruden, .540 career winning percentage, below Jim Mora and Dennis Green. I will give Gruden credit here, he went in and won with a Al Davis team, which I find remarkable. Now I like Gruden and he is a good coach, but you don't know what you have in a coach handed a horrible team with a horrible GM and horrible picks. Gruden was very fortunate to be handed 2 very good teams. His inconsistency shows in his record with the Bucs. Now you have the Walrus making those decisions and this team WILL be a winner with Mangini.

This team is 7 - 9 with 5 - 6 different plays. You saw what this team can do against the Pats and Saints. I see nothing but progression from a team that has regressed EVERY year due to coaching changes and bad GM moves. We have our guys NOW let's see what they can do. Come on BROWNS!

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Mangini is such a genius why aren't the Browns winning more this year. (Time to hear about our poor talent etc.).

Compare our stats from last year to this year. This isn't Madden.

We give up (I know there is one game left), 84 less points then last year with a top three toughest schedule in the NFL.

Who were our top 3 picks, 2 of the best rookie d-backs in the NFL and a hurt RB. See the correlation?

"Why aren't they winning more" sounds like someone who is not getting his big wheel for x-mas. This takes time.

I still find it astonishing the lack of common sense in the fire Mangini posts in particular.

As much as I hate to say it but I agree with you. I dont ever see him coming here. It will only tarnish his legacy in Pissburgh. Then again I dont see him coaching ever again.

He had a good thing going on in pittsburgh and he still left. I dont know if it was because of his family or he just wanted to quit while on top but why give up a good team just to start all over again when you could of kept winning in the first place.

mark my words Cowher will be the new HC for the Panthers. He lives there and loves it there. He will be out of the AFC to not interfere with The Stoolers seeing as how he is a Pennsylvania native and grew up a Stoolers fan. Everyone knows he would never coach the Browns and i dont want chin man anyway.

Mangini is on the right path lets hope they keep him for one more year.

You all must be relatives of Mangini, only reason I could think of you not wanting a home grown homer HC in Gruden. I mean, SCREW everyone from anywhere but OH! They have NO BUSINESS being on the Browns!

One Hillis fumble, one Wallace pick 6 and one Stuckey fumble away from being 8-7 and NONE of this would be talked about........guess Mangini should have had that hindsight and pulled them KNOWING they were going to screw those 3 games.....game plan was good enough, execution was good enough till the LAST plays of the game when the PLAYERS screwed the pooch. Gruden will be able to run on the field and cause that not to happen RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Gruden will lose just as much if not more with this team next year, same idiots (figured Im done being nice since the names have already been pulled anyway) will be calling for HIS head this time next year. Freakin unreal......Us blind loyal homer Mangini supporting losers will all be laughing........I guess.......

Mornhinweg here we come.........(holds gun to head)

One Hillis fumble, one Wallace pick 6 and one Stuckey fumble away from being 8-7 and NONE of this would be talked about........guess Mangini should have had that hindsight and pulled them KNOWING they were going to screw those 3 games.....game plan was good enough, execution was good enough till the LAST plays of the game when the PLAYERS screwed the pooch. Gruden will be able to run on the field and cause that not to happen RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Bingo.

Good post Shep and Larry. But we are beating our heads againat the wall every year.

First Mangini inherited the crap Sewage left him and did admrably to make it competitive

true..

But staying in games and losing is not winning that's what happens when you play defensive football

no thats what happens when you don't have enough talent and you are still in the rebuilding process...

Holmgren knows offensive football wins championships

He knows that a team needs talent to win championships.. you don't need the best offense in the league, but 30th in offense aint gonna cut it...

my guess is he will create an offensive team to just that..............with a coach who thinks likewise.........

He could no doubt hire a new coach that specializes in offense but that doesn't mean that he will ignore the defense. this isn't college football...

and Heckert is already onboard

fair enough

imo the only chance mangini has, is

1: hope holmgren puts alot of faith in how close the losses are

2: mangini will have to fire daboll right away. if fans can see the holes in his offense, and predict his playcalling, you know holmgren can, and if he sees mangini staying with the same predictable play caller, i think he'll pull the trigger on them both.

your in the wrong thread bud. this isn't a fire mangini thread, its a thread discussing what could happen after this season, and if he could be fired, and if so replaced by who.

I started the thread "bud." :rolleyes: Just in case you were talking to me of course. If not, carry on..... ;)

your in the wrong thread bud. this isn't a fire mangini thread, its a thread discussing what could happen after this season, and if he could be fired, and if so replaced by who.

Not...even....close....bud. Sorry had to use a Judd Nelson reference. I know what will happen after this season, Mangini stays, we draft AJ Green, a right side for our line and pass rusher. 9-7 here we come.

What I can't discuss what I think will happen vs. what I would do on Madden?

imo the only chance mangini has, is

1: hope holmgren puts alot of faith in how close the losses are

2: mangini will have to fire daboll right away. if fans can see the holes in his offense, and predict his playcalling, you know holmgren can, and if he sees mangini staying with the same predictable play caller, i think he'll pull the trigger on them both.

I agree with that. Daboll would have to be replaced IMO. ALTHOUGH I find it rather strange that Daboll looked SO much better against the better teams when the injuries were low and the team was executing properly. Its iffy with Daboll because of that.

Not...even....close....bud. Sorry had to use a Judd Nelson reference. I know what will happen after this season, Mangini stays, we draft AJ Green, a right side for our line and pass rusher. 9-7 here we come.

What I can't discuss what I think will happen vs. what I would do on Madden?

Green will probably be gone by the time we pick. Would LOVE it, but thats what I think. Holmes in FA and a top rushing LB in the first? I would be happy with that too. (dont confuse Holmes as being a homer pick, the guy can make plays happen)

Dont want VJax, dude is one dumb decision away from a year out of the NFL. GREAT WR, but no thanks.

I agree with that. Daboll would have to be replaced IMO. ALTHOUGH I find it rather strange that Daboll looked SO much better against the better teams when the injuries were low and the team was executing properly. Its iffy with Daboll because of that.

Lets say Holmgren tells Mangini Daboll must go...But Mangini refuses (Schottenhiemer ?)

I'm supporting Mangini...but only to a point...Daboll must go...

I want Colt to have the best offensive mind available...Like Bernie had with Infante.

You all must be relatives of Mangini, only reason I could think of you not wanting a home grown homer HC in Gruden. I mean, SCREW everyone from anywhere but OH! They have NO BUSINESS being on the Browns!

One Hillis fumble, one Wallace pick 6 and one Stuckey fumble away from being 8-7 and NONE of this would be talked about........guess Mangini should have had that hindsight and pulled them KNOWING they were going to screw those 3 games.....game plan was good enough, execution was good enough till the LAST plays of the game when the PLAYERS screwed the pooch. Gruden will be able to run on the field and cause that not to happen RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Gruden will lose just as much if not more with this team next year, same idiots (figured Im done being nice since the names have already been pulled anyway) will be calling for HIS head this time next year. Freakin unreal......Us blind loyal homer Mangini supporting losers will all be laughing........I guess.......

For one, no way Gruden would lose more games.

2ND I WOULD NEVER CALL FOR HIM TO BE FIRED..

"GRUDENMEISTER"

For one, no way Gruden would lose more games.

2ND I WOULD NEVER CALL FOR HIM TO BE FIRED..

"GRUDENMEISTER"

Exactly my point, joking or not, its the name you all want, not the coach......Mangini didnt have a chance from the beginning which is the PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I agree that Cleveland fans just don't have patience. Hell if we got a new coach and he took us to the playoffs the first 3 years and then on the 4th year we didn't make it, you people would be calling for said coaches head! NO ONE WANTS TO COME HERE AND COACH!!! Any coach knows that if they don't have a winning record the first year and a playoff birth the second that they will just be kicked right out the door. Coaching isn't like having a girl friend you stupid dipshit. Coaches need to have at least 3 to 4 years to put a system in place and they should be given at least 3 years to show that they can get the job done. There are extreme cases such as McDaniels where you know before the 3 year mark that they need to go, but Mangini has shown that his system is working. All we need is a new OC next year that runs Holgrems system and we will be set. If we switch coaches we will just be starting all over and we will be set back another 2-3 years.

At this point in time its a wait and see game for us browns fans, and while i am no mangini fan i know a loser coach when i see one and there is far worse out there and most of them are likely on holmgrens shortlist which scares the shit out of me but there is also a couple of potentially better choices in holmgren himself or jon gruden...

In my mind Mangini blew it when he made another bad decision and kept dabs and convinced holmgren that dabs could do it, he chose friendship and running that choked up mangini offense of his over the team and fans and we have all paid for it yet again and now mangini must pay for his bad choices and decisions...and make no mistake that offense was being designed and ran by mangini whom was "teaching" dabs..which brings us back to mangini bringing in a rookie OC to a pro's rebuild job, just another common bad mangini decision..

Mangini brought dabs in so he could run things his way and offensively mangini's way does not and cannot work for long as it requires pieces that are hard to obtain and keep and is far too vanilla and static in the modern nfl, not to mention a punish/reward practice system that all but eliminates the possibility of seeing anything unexpected or creative...

As for the 4-3 yes bring it on we have done nothing but lose with the 3-4 and our line is old and needs rebuilt anyways, rubin can rock in a 4-3...

While i will be glad to finally see mangini the fraudulent HC gone i like most am all to aware and wary of most of the available or about to be available coaches especially those in the lamonte stable are a potentially weak lineup and it gets scary if gruden wont come and holmgren decides not to coach..

And yes mangini had plenty of chances and blew it with bad personnel decisions, bad coaching decisions, bad gameplans and a wretched practice system not to mention a lack of personal responsibility for much of the misfortune that befell this team at his and his staffs hands from last year right on through this year..

Good riddance to yet another bad lerner hire now perhaps holmgren will get this team moving in the right direction though im becoming wary of coach holmgren as an inexperienced czar hired by the same idiot mangini was hired by..

Good riddence to yet another bad lerner hire now perhaps holmgren will get this team moving in the right direction though im becoming wary of coach holmgren as an inexperienced czar hired by the same idiot mangini was hired by..

man, do you have a significant other? i mean i don't know how any one could stand living with a twist-in-the-wind quiff like you.

you are the same guy, who after beating NE and NO was saying "hey mangini is turning me around blah, blah, blah". now he falls short and it's "i know a coaching fraud when i see one" schtick.

oh but wait! "i don't know if i want mangini to go because the guy they hire might not be as good" or "ooh, i'm scared or i'm wary".

no you sir are a MARY. make up your flippin' mind. you wrrebel and longhorn should go somewhere and get a room. they say it's only $30 a nite down at the greasy night owl.

man, do you have a significant other? i mean i don't know how any one could stand living with a twist-in-the-wind quiff like you.

you are the same guy, who after beating NE and NO was saying "hey mangini is turning me around blah, blah, blah". now he falls short and it's "i know a coaching fraud when i see one" schtick.

oh but wait! "i don't know if i want mangini to go because the guy they hire might not be as good" or "ooh, i'm scared or i'm wary".

no you sir are a MARY. make up your flippin' mind. you wrrebel and longhorn should go somewhere and get a room. they say it's only $30 a nite down at the greasy night owl.

I pray that Mangini doesnt get fired now just to see how dumb you will look.. Maybe we should go with the Kansas City Royals 10 year plan!

As for the 4-3 yes bring it on we have done nothing but lose with the 3-4 and our line is old and needs rebuilt anyways, rubin can rock in a 4-3...

No. Rubin isn't a pass rusher, he is used to plug up holes... We need a 3-4 to compete in the AFC North. We need a solid pass rusher and more depth up front- but we are on our way...

I pray that Mangini doesnt get fired now just to see how dumb you will look.. Maybe we should go with the Kansas City Royals 10 year plan!

dude i might look dumb then, but i could never surpass the height of how dumb, immature and homosexual as you sound like on this board. never, ever, ever.

Consider the ill advised throw that Jake threw that was intercepted by Barber in the Tampa game and Phil Dawsons missed field goal in the KC game and one could argue the Browns could easily be well above

.500 for the season. JTIOT

Archived