THE BROWNS BOARD

You guys listening to Gruden on MNF?

WRREBEL

Then why did the bucs collapse under grudens watch? U figure such a great coach should be able to hold it together for more than one year. He did such a fantastic job that he's sitting in a Booth.

To criticize our current coach for his inability to win with a below average roster only to suggest a replacement that allowed a monumental failure of a Superbowl winning team in....a single year.....who never recovered to that level and decimated the roster quite possibly is the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

His own hand picked talent failed him year in year out till he was fired.....fired.....fired for failing to win in a cake division with superior talent.

And Boone mentioned that no coach has ever won the big game with 2 different teams.....not holmgren.......paul brown...not the hoody.....not dungy.....no one.

I used to like Gruden ... just in a casual way, not as a "great" coach or anything.

But now WREBBEL has ruined him for me the same way that Shep and his merry men ruined Quinn for me.

WREB, you are now officially a "Gruden Fag". Wear it well...

Zombo

I used to like Gruden ... just in a casual way, not as a "great" coach or anything.

But now WREBBEL has ruined him for me the same way that Shep and his merry men ruined Quinn for me.

WREB, you are now officially a "Gruden Fag". Wear it well...

Zombo

Too funny, I'm going to have a t shirt made "gruden fag"

Let me quote Wikipedia on this one

Despite the Super Bowl win, there were many, including players on the Buccaneers like Warren Sapp, who attributed Gruden's win primarily to the defense that coach Tony Dungy and defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin had created during Dungy's tenure with the Bucs. Gruden publicly and graciously thanked Dungy for his contributions upon accepting the Lombardi Trophy at the Super Bowl XXXVII postgame ceremony

In the two years following Gruden's Super Bowl win, the Bucs went 7–9 and 5–11 respectively, implying to many Dungy supporters that Gruden had simply taken over a strong team and then driven it into the ground.

In 2006, Gruden led the Buccaneers to a 4–12 season. It was his worst record as a head coach and the first time a Tampa Bay team had not won more than four games since 1991

Speaking of taking over a team..... How did the Jets do last year after Mangini built that team up just so Rex could take over?

I don't want Gruden for this exact reason. Tampa sucked after their superbowl. I'm not sure why we would want him. I was pushing for Cowher.. but that won't mix with Holmgren.

I'm on the fence with EM right now. I think he has the smarts and the know how and I believe that he believes in himself. However, I am not sure, that I like the confidence that he appears to be giving Daboll. Our offensive gameplan seem to have reverted back to '09.

I remember at the beginning of the season, first game I believe. We had a fantastic Drive ... Someone mentioned that they saw EM tell Daboll to "Slow it down". That has been in the back of my mind the whole season. Why stop what is working.. if in fact that was true... I didn't catch it myself on TV that day.. but if anyone has a clip of it I would like to confirm it for sure.

Archived