THE BROWNS BOARD

You guys listening to Gruden on MNF?

WRREBEL

I can tell by the tone of his voice that he will be coaching again in the near future.. That Guy, can coach!

Oh and Gruden follows me on twitter! Does mangini follow and of you?

Your man crush on Gruden has officially become more than just a bit disturbing.

Let me quote Wikipedia on this one

Despite the Super Bowl win, there were many, including players on the Buccaneers like Warren Sapp, who attributed Gruden's win primarily to the defense that coach Tony Dungy and defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin had created during Dungy's tenure with the Bucs. Gruden publicly and graciously thanked Dungy for his contributions upon accepting the Lombardi Trophy at the Super Bowl XXXVII postgame ceremony

In the two years following Gruden's Super Bowl win, the Bucs went 7–9 and 5–11 respectively, implying to many Dungy supporters that Gruden had simply taken over a strong team and then driven it into the ground.

In 2006, Gruden led the Buccaneers to a 4–12 season. It was his worst record as a head coach and the first time a Tampa Bay team had not won more than four games since 1991

Speaking of taking over a team..... How did the Jets do last year after Mangini built that team up just so Rex could take over?

I can tell by the tone of his voice that he will be coaching again in the near future.. That Guy, can coach!

I could tell by the sound of the wind whisking across Gruden's nuts that you just got done sucking on them.

So are you 2 sharing underwear now? :wub: If we hire him I guess I'll live with it (maybe), but people like you are gonna make it difficult.

So are you 2 sharing underwear now? :wub: If we hire him I guess I'll live with it (maybe), but people like you are gonna make it difficult.

yeah because if god forbid mangini gets the axe and we do hire gruden...all the fly by night stupid asses will call for HIS head if he doesn't take the team to a super bowl in the first year.

i really think that there is an age difference on this board. the people that have been around for a while have learned to deal with reality and calm the FFFF down. the guys who are screamin about change CHANGE change have yet to learn that all you're doing by bitching and complaining and not being satisfied will only get you one foot closer to the grave. bet they can't drive a block without screaming out the window.

yeah because if god forbid mangini gets the axe and we do hire gruden...all the fly by night stupid asses will call for HIS head if he doesn't take the team to a super bowl in the first year.

i really think that there is an age difference on this board. the people that have been around for a while have learned to deal with reality and calm the FFFF down. the guys who are screamin about change CHANGE change have yet to learn that all you're doing by bitching and complaining and not being satisfied will only get you one foot closer to the grave. bet they can't drive a block without screaming out the window.

I dont think it's as much of an age thing as it is a common sense thing. Most of the people bitching probably pull the knife towards them rather then cut away from themselves.

I dont think it's as much of an age thing as it is a common sense thing. Most of the people bitching probably pull the knife towards them rather then cut away from themselves.

Wait your suppose to cut away?

Sorry what you call my common sence most people call opionions.

My common sence right now happens to be what the front office seems to be leaning toward.

Wait your suppose to cut away?

Sorry what you call my common sence most people call opionions.

My common sence right now happens to be what the front office seems to be leaning toward.

Can you please explain what events have led you to believe that we are gonna hire Gruden? 'Sence'.......'opionions'..........I think its real possible that you misread something somewhere.

Give it up man no one here wants to see Gruden were all satisfied with the foundation that magaini is putting together, leave your personal opionons to yourself

Actually, personal opinions are what a board's all about. Disagreeing, debating, etc. We're not drones falling in behind Mangini. We're here to cheer AND bitch. We've sure as hell earned the right.

And also... you don't get that Rebel's overstating for the sake of fun? Some good-natured needling?

Finally... yes, plenty of Browns fans would love to ditch Mangini for Gruden. Don't talk yourself into believing otherwise. Gruden not only is the way more accomplished coach, he's a much more entertaining face of the franchise guy. And I don't hate Mangini at all. I just don't love him, either, and I'm not sure I see him as a future Super Bowl coach.

For one thing, Mangini was happy going into a Jets season with Kellen Clemens as his starter. He seems fond of Jake Delhomme. He clearly doesn't understand that you MUST have a Top 10 type of quarterback (or a guy who COULD be top 10 in any year) to compete in today's NFL. An adequate quarterback isn't. We're competing with teams that field Brees, Big Ben, Brady, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers and guys like that... guys who CAN close games and drag a team behind them when necessary.

Kyle Orton is never gonna be that guy. Jake Delhomme was that guy for one year. Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't gonna be that guy. I sincerely doubt that Matt Cassell is gonna be that guy. Bruce Gradkowski isn't that guy. Same for T-Jack. These are all Washington Generals teams. My fear is that Mangini simply doesn't understand that and believes he can go into a game with a plan to run Hillis 40 times and play defense and win.

It won't work... unless 7-9 every year is working. The Rams had Stephen Jackson and sucked ass. They got Bradford and now they'll be winners for the next decade. That's the league we play in.

Gruden talks about it constantly: Until you have a serious quarterback, you have nothing. You're serving a plate with broccoli and potatoes with a glass of wine to the side. The program is about getting that guy... and then it shifts to making it work with that guy for 10-12 years. I like hearing that.

Here's how Gruden's QBs have ranked in the league in terms of passer rating:

2001: #2 (Rich Gannon)

2002: #3 (Brad Johnson)

2003: #12 (Brad Johnson)

2004: #6 (Brian Griese)

2005: #19 (Chris Simms)

2006: #31 (Bruce Gradkowski)

2007: #7 (Jeff Garcia)

2008: #9 (Jeff Garcia)

The numbers suggest -- as many people have claimed -- that Gruden's better at working with veteran QBs: Simms and Gradkowski are the two younguns in the group.

Also, it shows that Gruden managed to get top 10 QBRs out of guys some here wouldn't consider "Top Ten" or "Elite" or "Serious" QBs.

Optimally, every team would have a Peyton Manning, but you hire a guy like Gruden because he can the most out of your QB, not because he's going to find you a Tom Brady. I bet he'd do very well with a guy like Matt Cassel...maybe, if he isn't purely a vet QB coach, Colt McCoy.

For one thing, Mangini was happy going into a Jets season with Kellen Clemens as his starter. He seems fond of Jake Delhomme. He clearly doesn't understand that you MUST have a Top 10 type of quarterback (or a guy who COULD be top 10 in any year) to compete in today's NFL.

So starting Wallace over Delhomme would solve this problem? That would mean that Wallace is or could be a top 10 QB?! Mangini is dealing with what he has and the fact is that neither Wallace nor Delhomme are the long term solution to our QB problem. If Colt can play, Mangini will play him. You clearly don't know what you are talking about...

Actually, personal opinions are what a board's all about. Disagreeing, debating, etc. We're not drones falling in behind Mangini. We're here to cheer AND bitch. We've sure as hell earned the right.

And also... you don't get that Rebel's overstating for the sake of fun? Some good-natured needling?

Finally... yes, plenty of Browns fans would love to ditch Mangini for Gruden. Don't talk yourself into believing otherwise. Gruden not only is the way more accomplished coach, he's a much more entertaining face of the franchise guy. And I don't hate Mangini at all. I just don't love him, either, and I'm not sure I see him as a future Super Bowl coach.

For one thing, Mangini was happy going into a Jets season with Kellen Clemens as his starter. He seems fond of Jake Delhomme. He clearly doesn't understand that you MUST have a Top 10 type of quarterback (or a guy who COULD be top 10 in any year) to compete in today's NFL. An adequate quarterback isn't. We're competing with teams that field Brees, Big Ben, Brady, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers and guys like that... guys who CAN close games and drag a team behind them when necessary.

Kyle Orton is never gonna be that guy. Jake Delhomme was that guy for one year. Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't gonna be that guy. I sincerely doubt that Matt Cassell is gonna be that guy. Bruce Gradkowski isn't that guy. Same for T-Jack. These are all Washington Generals teams. My fear is that Mangini simply doesn't understand that and believes he can go into a game with a plan to run Hillis 40 times and play defense and win.

It won't work... unless 7-9 every year is working. The Rams had Stephen Jackson and sucked ass. They got Bradford and now they'll be winners for the next decade. That's the league we play in.

Gruden talks about it constantly: Until you have a serious quarterback, you have nothing. You're serving a plate with broccoli and potatoes with a glass of wine to the side. The program is about getting that guy... and then it shifts to making it work with that guy for 10-12 years. I like hearing that.

Now, now Shepster. Us old timers happen to know you share Gruden's opinion about quarterbacks- in spades. And I'll disagree with you about Fitzpatrick. BTW, my qb IQ was 100% better than yours in evaluating Joey Harrington. :)

I do agree we're seeing a very disturbing trend with Mangini regarding quarterbacks- and it wasn't just Clemens. He stuck with a wounded Bret Farve that cost him his job in NY, and if he's not careful, sticking with a totally washed up Jake Delhomme will do the same in Cleveland. Pray hourly that McCoy is healthy enough to start Sunday against the Bengals.

It's not just the qb position either. Hayden should have been starting way earlier. I daresay Joe could have done a better job than Wright in the Ravens game- hell- most high school cornerbacks could have done better in that game.

That said, even with his shortcomings, I want to see Mangini get one more season to prove if he has it or not. And I did see one suggestion I could live with dump Daboll and bring in McDaniels as OC. Agreed, you can't win consistently in today's NFL playing turtle-ball. But then you have to have the horses at WR to stretch the field. Look for that to be addressed early and often next year. :)

Here's how Gruden's QBs have ranked in the league in terms of passer rating:

2001: #2 (Rich Gannon)

2002: #3 (Brad Johnson)

2003: #12 (Brad Johnson)

2004: #6 (Brian Griese)

2005: #19 (Chris Simms)

2006: #31 (Bruce Gradkowski)

2007: #7 (Jeff Garcia)

2008: #9 (Jeff Garcia)

The numbers suggest -- as many people have claimed -- that Gruden's better at working with veteran QBs: Simms and Gradkowski are the two younguns in the group.

Also, it shows that Gruden managed to get top 10 QBRs out of guys some here wouldn't consider "Top Ten" or "Elite" or "Serious" QBs.

Optimally, every team would have a Peyton Manning, but you hire a guy like Gruden because he can the most out of your QB, not because he's going to find you a Tom Brady. I bet he'd do very well with a guy like Matt Cassel...maybe, if he isn't purely a vet QB coach, Colt McCoy.

Another way to look at it: If Gruden can get those rankings out of mostly journeymen... imagine what he could do with a serious talent.

In that recent article, he said he realizes now more than ever that a team is built around a quarterback and that "everything else is easier."

I just tweeted to Gruden and he told me not to share anything more about "that guys" plan!

http://youtu.be/DNP1EquL9M0

Twitter is gay. You follow somebody or somebody follows you? That is by far the most ignorant thing I have ever heard of. I couldn't give 2 shits about what some idiot has to tweet about.

Give it up man no one here wants to see Gruden were all satisfied with the foundation that magaini is putting together, leave your personal opionons to yourself

Speak for yourself but dont put words in my mouth, mangini sucks and cant be fired soon enough imho, however im not so sure gruden is the answer either but i like him and even homeless dogs better than mangini...

No disrespect to Gruden but it seems like he loves having way to many QBs on his team trying to find the right one and basically thats all we've gone through here in the Cleveland the past 10 years i dont want another QB carousel and want someone who puts there full Offense scheme around Hillis and McCoy

I agree. I still don't miss Romeo and I wont miss Daboll either.

Archived