THE BROWNS BOARD

Delhomme the worst qb in the NFL

Soju

Ok then your just taking the arguementative point of view. You just don't know how to admit your wrong.......I get it now. You just need to choose another topic to do that with because Delhomme being the worst QB in the league right now is not even arguable. Everyone is perplexed by what is happening with the Browns' QB situation all the way down to htown. You are the only one taking this arguement.

not everyone....but the ones who are disagreeing with this thread gave up trying to argue with clueless idiots a long time ago

you guys are so hell bent on blaming one player after every game its getting old.....how you guys continuously do this every game of every season is jaw dropping

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you realize that checkdowns are there in case the WRs arent open......now that we've agreed that the WRs are garbage, why dont you start to put 2 and 2 together. if the WRs are terrible, it probably means they arent getting open. if the WRs arent getting open its likely that a veteran QB is going to make the right decision and check down to an open receiver

and like i said before......after watching every INT hes thrown this season ive come accrossed only 2 that were actually his fault. 3 of them were thrown when he was getting hit while he threw....2 of them were ridiculous plays by the defenders

because you think im not paying attention to the browns? classic. funny. this helps prove to me that you arent listening. as a browns fan im comfortable with jake as a starter....i know you dont understand rooting for 2 teams because your brain apparently cant process that but i am a browns fan as well as a saints fan

i can just as easily say that you're a buckeyes fan so you cant root for the browns too.

sorry ill try and pay more attention to you since thats apparently what you want

everybody else hold off on your responses.....i have to respond to this guys posts first

Just because he's throwing the checkdown's doesn't mean the WR's aren't open. It may also mean that Jake isn't making the reads in the right window of opportunity (i.e. late), Jake doesn't see the open receiver, Jake doesn't feel comfortable making the throw (which is unlikely), aliens have abducted the receiver in question, Jake has gone momentarily blind, Jake doesn't like the receiver in question, the material of the jersey is rubbing Jake's nipples raw causing him to be in a bad mood......see I can make up scenarios that aren't necessarily true there. Just because the WRs are young and unproven doesn't mean they're blanketed on every play of the game. There's been a couple plays this season MoMass had his defender beat and Jake made a bad throw or didn't make a throw at all.

You can't blame interceptions on the receivers. So, obviously, you move to the next person to blame...the linemen. Oh, boo hoo. Jake was hit when he threw the ball. Roethlisberger is hit nearly every time he throws the ball. Vick is on the ground after every throw. Alex Smith is on the ground more than he's standing up. It's the NFL, QB's get hit. If Jake can't throw under pressure, it proves he doesn't need to be in the game. And it's still his fault when the defender makes a good play, because he threw a bad pass. Just because the INT isn't giftwrapped doesn't mean it's not the QB's fault. Every INT was his fault because he's the one who threw the INT.

And you tell me the last time the Buckeyes and Browns played each other.

You're a xxxxing idiot.

Just because he's throwing the checkdown's doesn't mean the WR's aren't open. It may also mean that Jake isn't making the reads in the right window of opportunity (i.e. late), Jake doesn't see the open receiver, Jake doesn't feel comfortable making the throw (which is unlikely), aliens have abducted the receiver in question, Jake has gone momentarily blind, Jake doesn't like the receiver in question, the material of the jersey is rubbing Jake's nipples raw causing him to be in a bad mood......see I can make up scenarios that aren't necessarily true there. Just because the WRs are young and unproven doesn't mean they're blanketed on every play of the game. There's been a couple plays this season MoMass had his defender beat and Jake made a bad throw or didn't make a throw at all.

there are always exceptions but for the most part the fault needs to fall on the WRs...not jake. you can make things up doesnt mean thats what i did......i have watched the games. i have paid attention to the team. i have noticed how terrible the WRs are and how many balls get dropped even by the leading receivers(hillis and watson)

You can't blame interceptions on the receivers. So, obviously, you move to the next person to blame...the linemen. Oh, boo hoo. Jake was hit when he threw the ball. Roethlisberger is hit nearly every time he throws the ball. Vick is on the ground after every throw. Alex Smith is on the ground more than he's standing up. It's the NFL, QB's get hit. If Jake can't throw under pressure, it proves he doesn't need to be in the game. And it's still his fault when the defender makes a good play, because he threw a bad pass. Just because the INT isn't giftwrapped doesn't mean it's not the QB's fault. Every INT was his fault because he's the one who threw the INT.
this proves your ignorance more than anything else. getting hit after you throw and getting hit while you throw are 2 different things. jake gets up off the ground a good amount too. there is a reason every QB that has taken a snap for the browns has been hurt this season.....because they are gettin hit on a regular basis. jake is no exception.

jake doesnt have to throw a bad pass for the defender to make a crazy play.....thats why i pointed out the fact that the defenders made those plays. jakes passes werent bad, they just got picked off by a defender that made a better play.

oh and not every INT is the QBs fault.....if you really believe they are then you are no longer worth responding to

And you tell me the last time the Buckeyes and Browns played each other.

you're right.....so why would it matter if i root for a team that wont play the browns for another 4 years? who are your favorite players? i bet you can name your top 2 players. why are you allowed to like more than one player? its the same thing.....you just cant comprehend it apparently

You're a xxxxing idiot.

you're sweet :wub:

there are always exceptions but for the most part the fault needs to fall on the WRs...not jake. you can make things up doesnt mean thats what i did......i have watched the games. i have paid attention to the team. i have noticed how terrible the WRs are and how many balls get dropped even by the leading receivers(hillis and watson)

this proves your ignorance more than anything else. getting hit after you throw and getting hit while you throw are 2 different things. jake gets up off the ground a good amount too. there is a reason every QB that has taken a snap for the browns has been hurt this season.....because they are gettin hit on a regular basis. jake is no exception.

jake doesnt have to throw a bad pass for the defender to make a crazy play.....thats why i pointed out the fact that the defenders made those plays. jakes passes werent bad, they just got picked off by a defender that made a better play.

oh and not every INT is the QBs fault.....if you really believe they are then you are no longer worth responding to

you're right.....so why would it matter if i root for a team that wont play the browns for another 4 years? who are your favorite players? i bet you can name your top 2 players. why are you allowed to like more than one player? its the same thing.....you just cant comprehend it apparently

you're sweet :wub:

There's nothing to even argue with in that statement, it's all that stupid. You've run out of points and you're relying on if's, rather than statistical evidence.

Here's a ranking of most dropped passes in the NFL. There's 28 spots on there, and nobody from Cleveland even cracks the list.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders...k=232&year=

Now here's a ranking of the most dropped passes in the AFC alone, same goes. Nobody from Cleveland makes an appearance.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders...k=232&year=

You're right, getting hit while you throw and after you throw are two different things. And I still stand by my statement, Ben, Vick and Smith get hit while they throw all the time. Every QB does. Brett Favre does on a regular basis. He also throws a lot of INT's on those throws. But he also throws about twice as many TDs as INTs in a given year. That's what being a good quarterback is. Not throwing twice as many INTs and TDs.

I can't wait to see what your next half assed argument will be.

Rooting for a team and being a fan of a team of a team are two different things. But I wouldn't expect a turncoat like you to understand fanhood.

not everyone....but the ones who are disagreeing with this thread gave up trying to argue with clueless idiots a long time ago

you guys are so hell bent on blaming one player after every game its getting old.....how you guys continuously do this every game of every season is jaw dropping

Listen son.......no one is blaming Delhomme solely for the losses. There are threads ranging from Mangini sucks, Daboll sucks, Hillis needs to stop fumbling, wrs suck, right side of the oline sucks, etc. We know there is more to it than JD. However, you are not going to convince ANYONE that JD is a more reasonable option than the other QBs on our roster. Jake at this point is pure shit and even if nobody else on the roster was any better we still want to see at least a breath of fresh air out there. Now I and 99.9% of humans on earth believe we have 2 better options riding the pine. You can throw out any stat you want, but deep down you know JD is shit too!

you also cant lay it all on delhomme. its easy to say he should just throw it away....chances are you've never played QB. you cant just throw the ball away and your job is to make a play when there isnt one. jake tries to do that even when his WRs arent open......but his WRs not being open isnt his fault

edwards may have been a crappy guy....but he was a good WR. same with winslow.......his injuries are annoying but hes a far better receiver than anybody the browns have now.....including watson

RE: Manning not making anyone look good? FYI, "Nobody" Garcon has 52 receptions for 620 yards and 4 TDs so STFU.

RE: K2- Injuries are annoying? I have it from a damn good source it's way more than "annoying". Like a totally shot knee. Guy's obviously lost a step his biggest attribute, and the guy could never block worth a shit (required in Mangini's schemes out of a TE). You're showing a complete lack of football smarts if you think KWII is anything more than average currently. Go look at the stats if you don't believe me. (I just did) Watson has KW beat in EVERY category that matters, if you'd bother to look it up. KW isn't even in the top 50, and he's the HIGHEST PAID TE in the NFL. So who's got the better value there (profanity deleted)?

And you have no clue about locker room chemistry. "good" not "great" Edwards was getting paid to be "great". Damn near broke my heart to get rid of a guy who led the league in dropped passes the year before we canned him and his butterfingered hands-NOT. There's about 20-25 wrs in the NFL RIGHT NOW teams wouldn't trade for Edwards, straight up. So you ignored my comment- we got Colt McCoy, Chansy Stucky- and a pretty good special teamer Trusnick as an added bonus for Edwards- so who made out better on that deal? (Crickets chirping) Edwards thought he was an "entitled" primadonna- yeah, Mangini just loved him going out boozing all night with his pals during the season (you do realize we have the former head of the CIA as our director of security)- and shit like that NEVER effects how you perform on Sundays, right? Like I said it finally took a DUI to get him to realize he was one step away from having to take a massive pay cut next year if he didn't clean up his act.

Look, Delhomme has been the worst quarterback in the league since January of 2008. In that time, he's thrown 11 TDs and 30 INTs. It's not speculation. He's literally the very worst there is.

Which makes it hard for me to accept what my favorite Browns writer Steve D. said this morning: Delhomme will likely be kept as McCoy's backup and mentor next year. The two are very close and that's a good thing... but if McCoy gets dinged, we'll be watching Delhomme again, not Seneca Wallace (who I think is pretty pissed).

Now if we change coaching staffs, maybe that changes.

I've always found The Myth of Jake Delhomme to be fascinating, and Fluges and I have had many a discussion about it. Curiously, he's only had SIX seasons in his life where he was a team's primary starter over the course of a season. He's never once made it out of the 80s in QBR, one of the most telling stats in pro football in the passing era, very closely correlated with wins.

Keep in mind that on many of those Panthers teams, Delhomme had a terrific defense preventing him from having to play from behind... and a fantastic running game. He was in a very good situation.

The core of Delhomme's career, before the injury, was the four seasons between 2003-2006. In those years, he threw 16, 15, 16, and 11 INTs and never once achieved a 2/1 TD/INT ratio. His best year, the Super Bowl year, was a very solid 29/15... and his reputation has been based more on that one season than anything before or since.

The next year, Delhomme was 24/16. Then it was 17/11, 15/12, and 8/18. This is Delhomme's fifth consecutive year of sharp descent in TD passes--29 to 24 to 17 to 15 to 8 to 2. I just don't understand how Holmgren looked at the pattern and blamed it all on an elbow injury three years ago.

We live in a "north of 90" league, where a passer rating below 90 isn't good enough for your full-time starter. Colt McCoy's 85 is great for a rookie, but he'll have to do better fairly soon (mostly based on his TD/INT ratio). It's also higher than Delhomme's career rating.

You stated Jake started out good then declined. Who's to say Colt won't do the same? Comparing it to Delhomme's career rating after 4 starts is a reach. But, as of right now, Colt McCoy definitely has more promise than Jake WHAT WERE WE THINKING Delhomme.

I think I liked what some of the draft analysts from ESPN had to say about young QB's. You can't expect rookies or even 2nd and 3rd year QB's to play like a Peyton Manning. Honestly if Colt averages another high 80's passer rating or a low 90's next season I will be more than happy with it. Right now we are seeing QB's like Matt Ryan and Flacco finally getting set to be where they will be for most of their career, but it took them the 3 years that they have been in the league to get set up as such.

Archived