THE BROWNS BOARD

3 Games to Keep an Eye On This Weekend

WPB Dawg Fan

Well, assuming we LOSE (not a difficult assumption) in Pittsburgh this Sunday...there are 3 games that will determine our final draft slot for the 2009 NFL Draft.

We Currently are drafting in the 7th slot...but could move up as much as 3 slots (to #4):

1. KC @ Cincinnati - The way these two teams have been playing, this could be an interesting game...but with Cincy at home...they should win this one.

2. Oakland @ Tampa Bay - OK, so this one is about as likely as us beating Pittsburgh...but TB relies on defense, and TB has lost 3 in a row giving up at least 20 in 4 of the last 5.

3. Seattle @ Arizona - Seattle has won 2 in a row...and AZ has been embarrassed the last 2 weeks, and have lost 4 of the last 5.

If all 3 win, we pick 4th.

If 2 win, we pick 5th.

If 1 wins, we pick 6th.

If 0 win, we pick 7th.

If WE win....we could pick as low as 9th (Depending on Detroit @ GB and Jax @ Baltimore)

and if we win where do we pick? i am assuming we have this figured out. :lol::lol::lol:

If WE win...as I stated in the original post...we will pick as low as 9th depending on the GB and Jax results.

If they both lose, we pick 9th

If one loses, we pick 8th

If the both win, we still pick 7th

again, I highly doubt we win.

Well, assuming we LOSE (not a difficult assumption) in Pittsburgh this Sunday...there are 3 games that will determine our final draft slot for the 2009 NFL Draft.

We Currently are drafting in the 7th slot...but could move up as much as 3 slots (to #4):

1. KC @ Cincinnati - The way these two teams have been playing, this could be an interesting game...but with Cincy at home...they should win this one.

2. Oakland @ Tampa Bay - OK, so this one is about as likely as us beating Pittsburgh...but TB relies on defense, and TB has lost 3 in a row giving up at least 20 in 4 of the last 5.

3. Seattle @ Arizona - Seattle has won 2 in a row...and AZ has been embarrassed the last 2 weeks, and have lost 4 of the last 5.

If all 3 win, we pick 4th.

If 2 win, we pick 5th.

If 1 wins, we pick 6th.

If 0 win, we pick 7th.

If WE win....we could pick as low as 9th (Depending on Detroit @ GB and Jax @ Baltimore)

i wonder if there will be a franchise qb available with 7th pick :lol:

Right now...I think we would be happy to get one of several players including:

Aaron Curry (I think he is the top of the list)

Rey Maualuga (I am not high on him...but who knows)

George Selvie (nice player off edge)

Michael Johnson (great DE prospect)

Brian Orakpo (another guy I am leary of)

Tyson Jackson (can play 4-3 or 3-4)

Brian Cushing (nice outside guy)

Taylor Mays (if we let Jones go)

Malcolm Jenkins (top CB)

Vontae Davis (another good CB)

and yes...we could look at Beanie (but I prefer Defense)

Since there are so many available that fit our needs...I really think we end up trading down at least once or twice. The only guy I would stay pat for would be Curry...and even that is questionable as we have so many needs and the defensive depth in the draft this year is so good.

If we are in the top 6 or 7 in the draft, somebody needing a QB may want to trade up and get our slot. There are 3 OT's in the draft that are going to go pretty high and may cause somebody to trade up. Michael Crabtree is another guy a team may want bad enough to trade up for....as is Beanie Wells...or any of the guys on the list above.

I think we can get an impact guy as low as 12-15....and trading down for extra picks is pretty likely this year.

Oakland and Seattle both have four losses... same as us... why do they pick higher... doesn't a coin flip determine the outcome?

Nope, strength of schedule comes first...and that goes by easiest first, toughest last...and we had toughest. However, if you end up tied at the end...you rotate positions in the following rounds.

Archived