THE BROWNS BOARD

10 Reasons Why We Won

Earl34

10. Mike Adams/Phil Dawson- Clutch play in crunch time. Way to return it to give a short FG. No such thing as a "gimme" kick. Way to win the game.

9. Jake Delhomme. Say what you want but 24 of 34 with no picks works for me. Yes, he tried to channel his inner-Favre on the pick-six that wasn't....but it wasn't.

8. Ben Watson. Ben getting open and being sure handed was key today. 10 for 100 and a TD. Nuff said.

7. Eric Mangini. The quick snap for 12 men on the field is something Mangini has used a lot for years. It's that attention to detail that gained a big first down. Also (while not difficult) he used his timeouts at the end to ensure that there was not any time left.

6. Abe Elam. Yes, another game where Elam had a pick and big effort in run support.

5. Brian Daboll. Yes, that's right, you heard me. In the first half, he kept pounding the defense and right before the half, he adjusted to take advantage of the throwing lanes. He had a very good defensive coordinator (Mike Nolan) on his heels for the whole third quarter.

4. Big Baby. When Big Baby decides he wants to play, he comes up with a sack, a blocked FG and the crucial trip up of Henne.

3. Joe Haden. The rookie had a solid game. Yes, he got beat by Hartline but he recovered and picked the ball. 4 tackles and a pick. Solid coverage throughout.

2. Reggie Hodges. In a defensive struggle, Hodges kept tilting the field for us and giving Henne and Co. bad field position. He handled the high snap on the game winning FG. Can't say enough. If he isn't the AFC Pro Bowl punter there is no justice.

1. Better tackling all around. This game featured Ronnie, Ricky and Davone Bess who carve up defenses in the open field. What a great (and noticeably improved) tackling effort all around.

Always enjoy your objective observations, a breath of fresh air from the usual knee jerk posts on this forum. Now could you top it up "with an anatomy of a play" :D please?

Already have one play in mind...workin' on it mid week when I can get the clips. Thanks ;-)

10. Mike Adams/Phil Dawson- Clutch play in crunch time. Way to return it to give a short FG. No such thing as a "gimme" kick. Way to win the game.

9. Jake Delhomme. Say what you want but 24 of 34 with no picks works for me. Yes, he tried to channel his inner-Favre on the pick-six that wasn't....but it wasn't.

8. Ben Watson. Ben getting open and being sure handed was key today. 10 for 100 and a TD. Nuff said.

7. Eric Mangini. The quick snap for 12 men on the field is something Mangini has used a lot for years. It's that attention to detail that gained a big first down.

6. Abe Elam. Yes, another game where Elam had a pick and big effort in run support.

5. Brian Daboll. Yes, that's right, you heard me. In the first half, he kept pounding the defense and right before the half, he adjusted to take advantage of the throwing lanes. He had a very good defensive coordinator (Mike Nolan) on his heels for the whole third quarter.

4. Big Baby. When Big Baby decides he wants to play, he comes up with a sack, a blocked FG and the crucial trip up of Henne.

3. Joe Haden. The rookie had a solid game. Yes, he got beat by Hartline but he recovered and picked the ball. 4 tackles and a pick. Solid coverage throughout.

2. Reggie Hodges. In a defensive struggle, Hodges kept tilting the field for us and giving Henne and Co. bad field position. He handled the high snap on the game winning FG. Can't say enough. If he isn't the AFC Pro Bowl punter there is no justice.

1. Better tackling all around. This game featured Ronnie, Ricky and Davone Bess who carve up defenses in the open field. What a great (and noticeably improved) tackling effort all around.

Spot on about Hodges. Pro Bowl for sure.

I believe the defense won this game for the Browns. LBs played well. Bowens made the Adams INT happen. Henne was under pressure all day.

I wasn't thrilled with Delhomme until I saw the drive he put together in he 3rd. I'm really glad he's on this team, mostly because of the little things he can show Colt. Knowing Miami had 12 men, he called th QB keeper to keep the drive alive. We have to remember that he's basically coming in as a backup right now. Can't complain about the results.

Reason 11 : The kid from Miami dropped that interception that would have most likely won the game for them

#12: Dan Henning is twenty years past being a good offensive coordinator and is more conservative than we are.

I get it. At the same time, however, I don't want to dwell on what they did wrong because I think that we did more right this week than we did last week. Right before Henne threw the interception, I was thinking to myself "When is the MJD-Mike Goodson play going to happen?". The fact is, it didn't. Our defense sealed the deal and won the game.

You could say that Henne threw an INT but you then discredit David Bowens with getting his hand up and deflecting it. Yes, it was lucky but we made our own luck. Good teams do that. You could say that the kid dropped a sure pick-six but we've done that too. "If's" will drive you crazy and if your auntie had balls, she'd be your uncle. At the end of the day, I'm not going to make excuses for a win that saw us make a big play and win the game. Once we start winning regularly, then I'll worry about style points.

Just my opinion. You're certainly allowed to disagree.

The quick snap and catching Miami was huge..Mangini caught Belichick and Dungy on this a couple times..Any road win in the NFL is huge..It truly is a game of inches..Delhomme doesn't take a 5 yd sack the FG is good not off the crossbar..that pass deflection went the right way..we win..period..Hey we've had enough bad luck.. bout time we had the breaks go our way..I certainly won't apologize..A solid win..off to Buffalo baby

#12: Dan Henning is twenty years past being a good offensive coordinator and is more conservative than we are.

I get it. At the same time, however, I don't want to dwell on what they did wrong because I think that we did more right this week than we did last week. Right before Henne threw the interception, I was thinking to myself "When is the MJD-Mike Goodson play going to happen?". The fact is, it didn't. Our defense sealed the deal and won the game.

You could say that Henne threw an INT but you then discredit David Bowens with getting his hand up and deflecting it. Yes, it was lucky but we made our own luck. Good teams do that. You could say that the kid dropped a sure pick-six but we've done that too. "If's" will drive you crazy and if your auntie had balls, she'd be your uncle. At the end of the day, I'm not going to make excuses for a win that saw us make a big play and win the game. Once we start winning regularly, then I'll worry about style points.

Just my opinion. You're certainly allowed to disagree.

I'm not dwelling on anything, I was just surprised you left it out of the equation because to me it was a major factor.

I cannot agree with delhomme being on thqt list. The fact is he had a chance to "win" the game for us and not only did he fail miserably he actually handed it right to them chad henne style. The only difference is miami didnt capitalize and adams did.

On 2nd and 2 miami showed blitz and jake checked out of the play. He then takes a sack for an 8 yard loss. Are you kidding me?! Than on 3rd and long he floats a wobbly lame duck pass into the flat (short of the first down mind you) thats just begging to be picked and returned for a touchdown. The guy is finished bring seneca back til colt is ready.

Archived