THE BROWNS BOARD

What percent of the problems are on players vs. coaches?

bugzilla

I've been thinking about how we got to this point. Injuries were a big part, but what percent of the problems are the result of the players just not being capable ball players and what percent comes from bad coaching?

I keep going back and forth on this. I certainly think that the majority of the problems comes from bad coaching/management. I just wonder how good or bad our players are. I was originally thinking that the problems were 70% coaching/30% players abilities, but now I am starting to think that our offensive line players are just as bad as our defensive line players.

Your thoughts? Like I said, I keep going back and forth on this.

Guest Masters

Well, when CLE is amoung the top half of the league in pass attempts (32att/g), yet in the very bottom of the league in sacks (18 total, fifth fewest in the NFL), it is pretty hard to say the Oline is as bad as the Dline.

I put it all on the coaching simply because any coach that would tolorate players that should be waived/cut or benched aint no coach at all and the same could be said of a gm that doesnt fire a bad coach but instead consistantly defended rac even in the face of fans and media alike that knew different until he himself was rightfully under fire he then threw crennel under the bus to try and save his own hide..

They should be asked to hit the road together...

Archived