The Browns Board Tailgate Party

admin

58508457_a.jpg

In this book 'THE BROWNS FAN'S TAILGATING GUIDE' The Browns Board Tailgate Party is listed as one of the 'SUPER FANS' of Browns tailgating. The Browns Boards own, Ed, Don & Stan are mentioned among The Bone Lady, Big Dawg, Tony "Mobile Dawg" Schaefer, Dawg Pound Mike, The Braylon Bunch, and the Muni Lot Mafia as one of the "USUAL SUSPECTS" of the Cleveland Browns Tailgating scene, according to (author) Peter Chakerian in the newly released 2008 publication.

Chakerian claims that Roachmstr, Sperk & Atenears are "the model 'nuts and bolts' example of tailgates-a whole group of well-known superfans ... without the costumes."

Most other Browns legendary fan icons wear rubber dawg mask, bee-hive hair with outlandish outfits, or have a gig that is recognizable by most season ticket holders. Ed, Don & Stan are one of the only ones mentioned who are honored by the example that they set in hosting tailgate parties, moreso than the iconic costume they wear.

They are refered to as "Old Schoolers" and tailgaters that aren't "cliquery", "elitist" and "independent tailgaters who have been around the block a time or two." He goes on to describe the three as tailgaters who "act like they've been there before" ... and a contrast to the (crazy) muni-lot.

Stan (Atenears) happened upon the book while Christmas shopping this past weekend, he bought a copy for Ed (Roachmstr). You can purchase your copy on our Tailgate Page for $9.99.

Congratulations Ed (Roachmstr), Don (Sperk) & Stan (Atenears) on becoming a Cleveland Browns Tailgating 'Super Fan'.

Come tailgate with the trio next season, stay tuned here for details.

Guest ATENEARS

My response to the book mentioning us as "Super Fans"

Guys, I can't tell you how much this recognition means to us after just a horrible season of Browns football & tailgating. It started off with a fantasic initial party, but ended with Ed & I's vehicles being broken into, vandelized, & stolen from. We shut down the next (Pittsburgh) tailgate and then limped along through the remaining night games or late starts and just never allowed us to really get back on track.

It was a lost season, but stumbling upon this publication on accident at least brought a smile and some Pride to Ed, Don and I's face.

It's great recognition in an era where dawg masks and costumes steal the lime light - Where the Muni-lot rules. Then there is us, who are real people, inviting in others from this forum, using no props or gimicks, and as far away from the legendary Muni-lot as one could be. For this author to do his research and not only find us, but learn to paint us to a tee, is outstanding and is gratifying to us all.

I'm humbled. It's cool and something we are glad to share wth you all as you make your way in occasionally to help us kick-off game days.

Here's to an improved next season and meeting and seeing many more of you here.

Ed, Stan, Don, The praise is so well deserved. What you guys do for the genuine fan is more than stoke up a grill and provide directions to a car lot! You welcome those who share a common bond with such openess and hospitality that a few hours in your company gets you listed as long term friends. Worth every one of those 4,000 miles, no question. Thank you again and I'm already counting down to next season.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Howie.

Guest ATENEARS
Ed, Stan, Don, The praise is so well deserved. What you guys do for the genuine fan is more than stoke up a grill and provide directions to a car lot! You welcome those who share a common bond with such openess and hospitality that a few hours in your company gets you listed as long term friends. Worth every one of those 4,000 miles, no question. Thank you again and I'm already counting down to next season.

Howie.

Howie, you help get us mentioned. The article reads;

"... They have fairly large gatherings and have had fans from around the globe attend (over the last couple of years, fans from Europe have landed in their camp). ... "

Good stuff. If you can get your hands on a copy, do so ... the guy did a nice job pulling a lot of things together that center around Browns Tailgating.

This is awesome! Ed, Don & Stan deserve a shiiteload of props for what they've built. This is alot more than just a message board and for anyone who has been to a tailgate or one of the many associated events is well aware of that.

You guys rule man....sincerely!

Doug

Stan (Atenears) happened upon the book while Christmas shopping this past weekend...

They sell this book at the Hooters gift shop?

Awesome recognition, guys, you are the best!

This was the first year I didn't make a tailgate since you guys started them in 99, and it just didn't feel right.

The season sucked, sounds like the tailgates never got rolling either, so maybe I picked a good Season for my hiatus.

Next year: New Coach, New Era of Winning, Same Old School Brownsboard tailgating, Extra helping of Zombo. And the Orange Stuff.

Zombo

They sell this book at the Hooters gift shop?

Awesome recognition, guys, you are the best!

This was the first year I didn't make a tailgate since you guys started them in 99, and it just didn't feel right.

The season sucked, sounds like the tailgates never got rolling either, so maybe I picked a good Season for my hiatus.

Next year: New Coach, New Era of Winning, Same Old School Brownsboard tailgating, Extra helping of Zombo. And the Orange Stuff.

Zombo

Well, this was a most suckful year of lousy Browns football, and some of the regulars were sorely missed at the tailgates. LOL, just wait till next year Z like Bary Bonds they started importing the "clear" this year. I'll save a bottle of it for your arrival. I just want to take this opportunity to wish all of you on the board a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Howie, you help get us mentioned. The article reads;

"... They have fairly large gatherings and have had fans from around the globe attend (over the last couple of years, fans from Europe have landed in their camp). ... "

Good stuff. If you can get your hands on a copy, do so ... the guy did a nice job pulling a lot of things together that center around Browns Tailgating.

I think I'll try and get a copy shipped over, well done guys, really pleased you got the recognition. Let's hope the team steps up next year to match.

Howie.

I will second all Howie says, and personally thank you guys for hospitality have shown myself when have come over, has always been great day out no matter what end result of games have been, and like Howie counting down days til get my Brit Ass back over there to enjoy some more beers and great company.

Oh and Howie, the Tailgating guide is available on Amazon, so should be easy to get hold of over here in UK, will be ordering myself a copy as belated xmas present.

Archived