THE BROWNS BOARD

Youth Jets fan injured after game

CantonLegend

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read from people who witnessed this account state that the kid was not tackled, but that a drunken man fell into him. At least one account stated that they followed this guy from the stadium as he staggered back to the lot. The guy stumbled and fell into the crowd taking out this 8yr old boy. Others rushed to the boys and calmed the father, before tending to the drunken man as he remained on the ground. The father didn't press charges or call in police because it was an accident and assisted by all surrounding fans. It wasn't until they returned home and Mom got wind of the story before it esculated into a "tackle".

I still think the drunken guy was an asshole and if he can't hold his liquor then he should stay home or not drink. I've been plenty disappointed in Browns fans after recent wins, and have told plenty to "Act like you've been there before". It's embarrassing. I like to have a good time moreso than the next guy, but don't be an asshat.

Hey kid, shake it off you pansey ass and tell Mom to STFU.

I read from people who witnessed this account state that the kid was not tackled, but that a drunken man fell into him. At least one account stated that they followed this guy from the stadium as he staggered back to the lot. The guy stumbled and fell into the crowd taking out this 8yr old boy. Others rushed to the boys and calmed the father, before tending to the drunken man as he remained on the ground. The father didn't press charges or call in police because it was an accident and assisted by all surrounding fans. It wasn't until they returned home and Mom got wind of the story before it esculated into a "tackle".

I still think the drunken guy was an asshole and if he can't hold his liquor then he should stay home or not drink. I've been plenty disappointed in Browns fans after recent wins, and have told plenty to "Act like you've been there before". It's embarrassing. I like to have a good time moreso than the next guy, but don't be an asshat.

Hey kid, shake it off you pansey ass and tell Mom to STFU.

I've said it before: This sounds like a case of having to explain to the wife why the kid is scraped and injured coming back from a football game. The guy came up with the explanation and she ran with it. We have no way to know for sure but there are plenty of accounts that suggest that her second hand version of the truth is not what actually happened. Be that as it may, the fact that one jerk couldn't hold his liquor is embarassing on its' own.

I understand it's on us. I'm venting. It's showing up re-posted in threads, that aren't even related to the topic. It's a shame that it happened. I regret it. The truth will never be known. They've had their 15 minutes. They made out like a bandit. I just hope it doesn't happen again, ANYWHERE. We are all embarrassed and should be.

weak sauce. there is absolutely nothing wrong with smoking pot or the grateful dead.

Fact of the matter is one of their elected officials was smoking weed at a tailgate party at the stadium parking lot and he got arrested for it. They want to bitch about something that one guy did, that was blown way out of proportion, then I will put some light on some of their embarrassing stadium issues.

Im pretty sure you wont be making the trip here to jville, cus I promise you if you did anything similar to what that guy did to that kid here you wouldnt make it out in one piece. To even pass it off as if it were nothing is even more of a black eye to the browns fan base than the initial story. If thats how yall act you deserve all the smack that comes your way.

LOL, I've made that trip to Jacksonville many times and the frightened kitties parted like the Red Sea when I came barking through. You are all a bunch of pussies.

One of the 76,000 fans leaving the stadium accidently toppled a kid who scraped his ankle and his histeronic Mom got all excited and called the media.

This is not a black eye to Browns fans. It is not a black eye to anybody. It's a scraped ankle.

You better man up, you homo, because your stadium will be half Browns fans tomorrow and we actually care about our team so just grab your Teal pom pom and sit the hell down and watch your team get Hillised.

Zombo

LOL, I've made that trip to Jacksonville many times and the frightened kitties parted like the Red Sea when I came barking through. You are all a bunch of pussies.

One of the 76,000 fans leaving the stadium accidently toppled a kid who scraped his ankle and his histeronic Mom got all excited and called the media.

This is not a black eye to Browns fans. It is not a black eye to anybody. It's a scraped ankle.

You better man up, you homo, because your stadium will be half Browns fans tomorrow and we actually care about our team so just grab your Teal pom pom and sit the hell down and watch your team get Hillised.

Zombo

Half browns fans, I hope so. They love football season. It gives them an excuse to get the hell out of that Shit hole you call a city.

Not sure I understand why? It's a National News story centered around the actions of a Browns fan and this is a Browns fan Forum. Bad Press as it may be, it's on us bro.

One of my pet peeves: People judging threads. I've yet to have it explained to me why they're engaging in the thread if they don't like it. I've been accused of talking quarterbacks too much... which obviously makes precisely zero sense. If you don't wanna talk quarterbacks, why enter a quarterback thread to say you don't like quarterback threads?

People are just strange. I never get the overwhelming desire to tell other people what to think, discuss, or believe, but it's been a compulsion since we crawled out of the ooze.

This is so dumb... the funny thing is if the drunk idiot would have accidently ran into a browns fan we wouldn't even be hearing about it...

I just pooped.

Its all because the jets are gay they consider it a hate crime

http://jetsgaypride.blogspot.com/

Let me guess, you stumbled upon that site on accident?

I understand it's on us. I'm venting. It's showing up re-posted in threads, that aren't even related to the topic. It's a shame that it happened. I regret it. The truth will never be known. They've had their 15 minutes. They made out like a bandit. I just hope it doesn't happen again, ANYWHERE. We are all embarrassed and should be.

The reason it is showing up in other threads is because we have a lot of new posters here that keep starting threads such as "You won't believe this" or "Can this be true" or "WTF" or "Most probably don't know this" .... if everyone used the topic heading to actually describe the topic we wouldn't have so many threads started on the same topics.

I do it to piss you off.. its obviosly working,

Stay gay!

I'm not sure why you think that you showing off your ignorance would anger me. There is nothing that shows how stupid and uncreative you are more than the use of derogatory gay references and the idiotic nicknames that seems to be prevalent over actual discussion. I am just trying to help you out, you are coming off as a small-minded, uneducated bigot. If that is who you are, then all I can do is have pity for you and quit wasting my breath.

I'm not sure why you think that you showing off your ignorance would anger me. There is nothing that shows how stupid and uncreative you are more than the use of derogatory gay references and the idiotic nicknames that seems to be prevalent over actual discussion. I am just trying to help you out, you are coming off as a small-minded, uneducated bigot. If that is who you are, then all I can do is have pity for you and quit wasting my breath.

Do you know how i know your gay?

Because you macramed yourself a pair of jean shorts.

I don't know. It upset me greatly. This is a black eye on all Cleveland fans. We were at a game earlier this year and I can tell you that Cleveland Stadium was FAR more kid friendly than the Meadowlands, Philly or Foxboro.

Having gone to Jets' games with my brother, that stadium is insane. Per one security guy, Jets fans get into twice as many fights as Giant fans and half the time, they're fighting amongst themselves. These are not environments to be taking an eight year old to. I've seen Jets fans make eight year old Dolphins fans cry. I'm sick and damned tired hearing about how people pay ticket prices and can act how they want, blah, blah, blah.

This creep needs to be legless by noon....

Jets games are no treat. But I have taken my son, now 15, to every home game since he was 5. Never had a problem other than cursing. Jets fans aren't Saints not saying that. This is a league wide problem, was in Indy last year and having a 14 year old called the F word for wearing a Namath jersey is just crazy. Had stuff thrown on him. 14 is older than 8 and what that guy did to the kid (tackling him) is criminal.

The thing is the NFL really won't do much about it since so much money comes in from beer sponsors. What is the alternative, completely dry stadiums? Never.

It does suck though because one bad fan can give a black eye to the entire base.

hey we're passionate people...and while im not condoning what this man did....i urge all you other people who think its "cute" to show up at the muni lot wearing another teams jersey that you will get harassed. In a way, people ask for this to happen when they make poor decisions...i would NEVER show up at a steelers gig wearing my browns jersey...i know better than that.....these people need to stop instigating...i was tailgating last sunday and got into it with some jets fan who HAD a kid and i told him man youre lucky you have a kid with you because ill leave you alone now...lets keep it all in perspective the world is not sugar coated like we all want it to be...

WOW. Just wow.

I totally agree about wearing another teams jersey equaling getting some grief. A lot of people welcome that. But this kid was tackled as he left the stadium. And he was 8. That Dad did the responsible thing and got out of there safely. If one fan knocks the Dad out, then what?

To say that this 8 year old kid was somehow instigating is just a brutal statement. Football is a game, he wasn't burning the American flag for crying out loud.

first of all....i never said it was ok to tackle a kid...im just saying If i drove to iraq and started waving an american flag id pry get shot.....and by the way dude you are such a xxxxing instigator can you please not right now im so sick of defending myself to people who dont wanna hear what im ACTUALLY saying vs how they want to interpret it

WOW again.

What's sad is even if they come out and say it was a lie the press wouldn't even print anything about it.

The NY press doesn't have the families identity. The Jets won't give it to them but the Jets are hosting the kid this Sunday and giving him a VIP experience at the stadium.

Max, I have been to the meadowlands many times and wore the opposing teams jersey.. I would always get heckled and beer thrown at one of my buddies.. and then have to hear the chant g a y s

Gays gays gays..

Jets fans are aholes, a lot of new york fans are.

It happens everywhere. Just never heard of it happening to a kid before. Like I said earlier everyone says Colts fans are the best and I sat as my 14 year was called the f word, one guy from another row wanted to get near him (not sure why).

This is an NFL problem and NY fans never burn down the city like happens in Philly, Detroit etc when their teams win.

This is absolutely classic!

A certified asshat posts that a "Cleveland" fan calls a "Cleveland" radio station to say the story isn't true and that is supposed to be the end of it?

Regardless of "intent"..... if a drunk idiot injures a little kid the story should have been about that guy getting the shit beat out of him unless he sobered right up and took care of the dad and the kid!

Only you Riffer, and Zombo, could justify this!

jeff-reed-pittsburgh-steelers-drunk-pictures11.jpg

This is absolutely classic!

A certified asshat posts that a "Cleveland" fan calls a "Cleveland" radio station to say the story isn't true and that is supposed to be the end of it?

Regardless of "intent"..... if a drunk idiot injures a little kid the story should have been about that guy getting the shit beat out of him unless he sobered right up and took care of the dad and the kid!

Only you Riffer, and Zombo, could justify this!

Did Ben absolutly rape those two girls?

Archived