THE BROWNS BOARD

Youth Jets fan injured after game

CantonLegend

Sorry, but I don't believe this story. I heard about it on WTAM yesterday and didn't believe it then. There are some freaking tools in the Muni Lot, but I can't imagine someone tackling a small boy and the father or surrounding fans not doing anything about it. Just doesn't make sense, there has to be an explanation.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, but I don't believe this story. I heard about it on WTAM yesterday and didn't believe it then. There are some freaking tools in the Muni Lot, but I can't imagine someone tackling a small boy and the father or surrounding fans not doing anything about it. Just doesn't make sense, there has to be an explanation.

What's sad is even if they come out and say it was a lie the press wouldn't even print anything about it.

Some sad people in this world. As much as we get invested in our teams sometimes it is good to take a step back and realize that it is just a game. Some people are not capable of this. That goes for every team out there. It is unfortunate but all teams have some douchebags that represent their team. Hell, just look around this forum.

I don't see what the big deal is ... I picked the kid right back up ... at worst he had a grass stain.

His homo dad certainly was never going to show him proper tackling technique.

Zombo

--I think this is the same family that Skippy's little girl was trash talking at the Winking Lizard Friday Night.

count me in on being someone who doesn't buy this for a second. I do believe the part of the story where people in the stadium were way too drunk and might have thrown something at them. Sadly, that's not beneath what any drunk person would do. But the part of the kid being tackled by a full grown man is bullshit for two reasons. Like it's been said, unless his dad is gay paternal (or maternal) instinct for that matter would have been to kick this guys ass. Secondly, we may have negative feelings towards opposing fans, but we're human. I know for a fact if I saw this, and most people on this board for that matter, would of laid into this guy. Don't believe a second hand account

I really wish there was some video of this, so it would back up the story.. I'm sure it is over blown.

First I think if anyone saw this, browns or jets fan I think someone would have punched this guy..

New yorkers are the bigges aholes on the planet.

I blame his mom for letting him wear the jets jersey, you mine as well dress him in rainbow colors..

count me in on being someone who doesn't buy this for a second. I do believe the part of the story where people in the stadium were way too drunk and might have thrown something at them. Sadly, that's not beneath what any drunk person would do. But the part of the kid being tackled by a full grown man is bullshit for two reasons. Like it's been said, unless his dad is gay paternal (or maternal) instinct for that matter would have been to kick this guys ass. Secondly, we may have negative feelings towards opposing fans, but we're human. I know for a fact if I saw this, and most people on this board for that matter, would of laid into this guy. Don't believe a second hand account

1) What would being gay have to do with fighting someone?

2) The father did the best thing he could for his kid by getting him out of harm's way quickly.

3) The guy(tackler) may have in fact been dealt with after the fact. We simply do not know.

Feel bad for the kid and his dad. I don't think it is fair to portray Dad as cowardly. Bottom line, he got his son out of a volatile situation. Behavior like this crosses the line of human decency. Hopefullly, some

in the crowd who witnessed the assualt, meted out the proper medicine for this drunk....a severe, life changing pummeling.

Agree...what a despicable ass :mad:

I mean yes, the best thing you can do is to get the child out of harms way of course. But I can promise you that I would not have just let the man walk away. If a full grown man had just tackled your child, would you simply run away? I would sure hope not. The facts are not there, you're right. But I just find this extremely shaky as a story and probably extremely exaggerated.

Trust me, I'd be saying the same thing if it was the other way around. I just find this very hard to take at face value. If it's true, then whoever did this is just a pathetic, useless man.

And I feel like we would of heard about the street justice by now, just my opinion.

one thing we can agree on, eric wright would of missed that tackle for sure.

It seems strange to me that no witnesses have stepped forward to support and/or offer some validation to the story. There had to have been hundreds of people within the general vicinity yet there isn't the first

bit of video or eyewitness testimony. Just throwing it out there.

I think this says nothing about Cleveland, it only says something about a drunk hill billy that acted like an idiot. But the Browns and the city will take the rap for it anyways. This lady is telling half the story though in my opinion, the guy might have been talking smack or something, but it should never result in a physical altercation, remember its only a game. Hopefully it blows over and is forgotten about soon.

This story is definitely fishy.

1. Why didn't the guy fight back? If it were my kid, I would have killed the guy?

2. Why wouldn't you seek police assistance?

3. Cops are everywhere.

4. Would other fans really let this happen?

5. Why is the mom telling the story? His account is second hand and not very reliable.

So in your eyes it didn't happen? If it were my kid I'd be throwing haymakers but from a rational perspective with your kid and wife in tow no matter the tackle would you really want to insight a brawl? If a guy is going to tackle your 7 year old what's to say your wife is off the table? If I were with my kid, wife and a few friends different story. If I'm by myself I'm thinking about my wife and kid first. Either way no reason to lie about the tackle.

So in your eyes it didn't happen? If it were my kid I'd be throwing haymakers but from a rational perspective with your kid and wife in tow no matter the tackle would you really want to insight a brawl? If a guy is going to tackle your 7 year old what's to say your wife is off the table? If I were with my kid, wife and a few friends different story. If I'm by myself I'm thinking about my wife and kid first. Either way no reason to lie about the tackle.

Honestly. If my wife were with me, and I didn't get a hold of the guy first, she would kill him, LOL. Speaking from personal experience there is a lot of shit that people don't see, or perhaps choose to ignore. And I'm sure you will agree there. How many times has one of us gotten into a scuffle where no cops were called, or really no witnesses? It happens. Back in the day two guys looking for trouble tried to jump me in the parking lot of a local retail store late at night. The key word is "try." I didn't know who they were, and don't know why I was chosen as a target. But I must say that I handled myself well, and got the better of the two, and nobody saw anything. Maybe it was because it was one in the morning, but still. I was shocked that somebody didn't witness it. Not that I stuck around anyway, LOL! Not to sound like a tough guy, by any means, as I would much rather avoid brawls. However; back me in a corner, or screw with my family, and it's definitely on.

the 8 year old kid deserved to get tackled by a grown man for wearing a jersey?

what have you been smoking?

Holy God almighty... is someone here not appalled? Are you freaking kidding me? Fans of other teams can't wear their jerseys to away games now? I've only worn brown and orange in about 20 stadiums and will add Miami next month. I've also "hosted" fans of other teams in CBS and bought a round to be a good host.

That's so amateurish and infantile to think you have to be nasty to outnumbered fans of other teams, even adults. It's twisted bully mentality... and patently disgusting.

Here's a PD article linking an interview. It's not fake... can't put it aside so easily. Not sure what upset me more today... this or the L.A. Times article on how Vick's scarred and torture-traumatized dogs are doing with their adoptive parents while he enjoys his new success. Some things you do... and some things you ARE.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...ain_dealer.html

Honestly. If my wife were with me, and I didn't get a hold of the guy first, she would kill him, LOL. Speaking from personal experience there is a lot of shit that people don't see, or perhaps choose to ignore. And I'm sure you will agree there. How many times has one of us gotten into a scuffle where no cops were called, or really no witnesses? It happens. Back in the day two guys looking for trouble tried to jump me in the parking lot of a local retail store late at night. The key word is "try." I didn't know who they were, and don't know why I was chosen as a target. But I must say that I handled myself well, and got the better of the two, and nobody saw anything. Maybe it was because it was one in the morning, but still. I was shocked that somebody didn't witness it. Not that I stuck around anyway, LOL! Not to sound like a tough guy, by any means, as I would much rather avoid brawls. However; back me in a corner, or screw with my family, and it's definitely on.

Truly, my brother. The only thing that would get between me and killing someone who did this to my youngest? His older brother the college-recruited linebacker, who would ring up a body count of fat, drunk bullies in seconds.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...e/Default.aspx

how the hell does sh*t like this happen? i know it wasnt any of you guys but how does somebody tackle a kid and not get his ass handed to him. i know cleveland and if anybody saw this happen that dude would've been part of the sidewalk the next day

BEER !

Truly, my brother. The only thing that would get between me and killing someone who did this to my youngest? His older brother the college-recruited linebacker, who would ring up a body count of fat, drunk bullies in seconds.

YES TO THIS!

I took up martial arts a few years ago for self-defense and the closest I've ever come to using it is at Jets' games...

This was posted on the ESPN Board....it does make some sense and is possibly closer to the truth....

Myslef, my brother, and my best friend were literally walking about 15 feet away from the boy and his father when that happened. We were behind them in the herd of fans from the stadium to the Muni Lot. The act that took place was not a tackle, it was an individual who had way too much booze and impaired motor skills. The three of us witnessed the incident and assisted the man and his little boy the best we could. The kid was visibly shaken but wiped the tears and walked on. My initial thought was that he was indeed tackled. until i seen the guy who couldnt walk under his own power and had to be carried away. As a die-hard Browns fan it is embarrassing and the gentlemen who couldn't even function should be extremely ashamed.

Think of this altnernate possibility....

Dad takes kid to game. Kid gets accidentally roughed up by a drunken fan who fell on him. The kid is in tears with a bruised and scraped ankle. YOU have to explain it to your wife! "Oh honey, you should have seen the throng of biker Browns fans who tortured us outside the stadium! It's a wonder we made it out alive!!"

Not to make light of it but it does seem like it could have been an embellished story. The shame of it is, true or not, that we all know it's possible based on how we've seen morons act at sporting events.

I agree.....you don't get in fights with a drunk and 6 of his drunk buddies in tow while your kid is there.

You protect the kid and get the hell out of Dodge.

When you think about it, you don't do that anytime.

I know it sounds Macho to say stand and fight, but be real....it doesn't take a genius to see the odds are stacked.

Say Dad kicked the guys butt....then what?? Four more show up, and I don't care who you are, you are F'ed at that point.

Get in the car and hit the road.

Maybe there's a logical explanation...somehow...some way.... UGH!!!

It could be a Pittsburgh fan dressed as a Browns fan. But this creep needs killed. If I would have saw it things would have gone down another way. Im not trying to sound like a tough guy but when kids are involved somebody needs to do something

It could be a Pittsburgh fan dressed as a Browns fan. But this creep needs killed. If I would have saw it things would have gone down another way. Im not trying to sound like a tough guy but when kids are involved somebody needs to do something

I agree. But I will take it one step further...we need to help any opposing fan who is getting hassled and he isn't doing anything.

Be honest here....I see very few opposing fans acting as I would call obnoxious.....cheering for your team isn't that.

I have seen many just walking ramps being taunted...and I make it a point to walk with them.

We need to get over this "defend your turf crap".

I am telling you as a out of towner....Cleveland is getting a bad rep and every level headed fan in town needs to start changing that.

These people show up to watch a game. Spend money on a hotel. Eat at restaurants, pay room taxes.

Clevelanders should welcome out of town fans, but I know that goes above many people heads because they are worried about "their turf"....lol.....dumbasses.

I agree.....you don't get in fights with a drunk and 6 of his drunk buddies in tow while your kid is there.

You protect the kid and get the hell out of Dodge.

When you think about it, you don't do that anytime.

I know it sounds Macho to say stand and fight, but be real....it doesn't take a genius to see the odds are stacked.

Say Dad kicked the guys butt....then what?? Four more show up, and I don't care who you are, you are F'ed at that point.

Get in the car and hit the road.

As always, the voice of reason!

Plus, figure that all of the machismo is predicated on the father being able to beat up a guy AND the guy's friends ASSUMING no one has a weapon. All it took for me was one night of knives in my martial arts class for me to realize that if you're in a knife fight...you're gonna get messed up even if you know what you're doing. The kid needs to see his dad acting SMART not acting tough.

Right on, Peen. Great stuff.

I agree. But I will take it one step further...we need to help any opposing fan who is getting hassled and he isn't doing anything.

Be honest here....I see very few opposing fans acting as I would call obnoxious.....cheering for your team isn't that.

I have seen many just walking ramps being taunted...and I make it a point to walk with them.

We need to get over this "defend your turf crap".

I am telling you as a out of towner....Cleveland is getting a bad rep and every level headed fan in town needs to start changing that.

These people show up to watch a game. Spend money on a hotel. Eat at restaurants, pay room taxes.

Clevelanders should welcome out of town fans, but I know that goes above many people heads because they are worried about "their turf"....lol.....dumbasses.

I been to Pittsburgh to watch the Browns and I always wear my Browns colors and gotta say those fans are useless. They threw stuff at us while we were leaving and entering the stadium. Nobody tried to tackle me though. Im just saying bullshit goes on in every stadium not just Cleveland. They just love trying to make us look bad.

No little kid with a jets jersey or even a steeler jersey for that matter deserves this kind of crap but the idiot that did this needed to have his ass whooped good even if by fellow browns fans, its tards like this that force the need for extra security which i hate..

With that said what kind of father doesnt beat the living hell out of this guy?

I took my son to cincy and 3 rivers at around that age, fully orange and brown adorned and geared...i got drenched booed and jeered and returned the favor but nobody ever did anything to my kid at all, he stayed mostly dry and thought it was funny as did i but if someone would have tackled my son they wouldnt have had any teeth left in their head when i got done with em, since the jet fan father didnt do it some browns fans should have at least kicked this guy a couple of times, unbelievable...

I know there are many of you who do not believe this happened, BUT whether or not it did, isn't it sad that such a thing MIGHT happen? I am damn near 64 years old, but I'm here to tell you, if I saw something like that happen, here in Ohio or anywhere else, I WOULD be involved & possibly hurt, but I have NEVER watched a child or female hurt by ANY man without getting involved, & by God, I won't change. We want our Team to be respected, & part of that respect is the public perception of Brown's Fans. Let's each carry ourselves in a way that ENHANCES that perception.

Mike

Archived