THE BROWNS BOARD

Youth Jets fan injured after game

CantonLegend

Fans passionately support their home team and in Cleveland it is no different. According to Paul Kiska of WEWS 5 in Cleveland, however, things got out of hand last Sunday at the Jets/Browns game.

One Cleveland -area mom was a little concerned when her husband tooke their 8-year-old son, who are both Jets fans, to the game but reasoned that "Clevelanders are such great people. I knew that they would never hurt an 8-year-old kid, never." Her son wore at Jets jersey to the game.

Things were fine during the game but got rowdy outside. People "were calling him a bad name and throwing food. " The worst was when they were walking to the parking lot to leave. “As he was walking, holding my son’s hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad’s hand. He was on the ground crying,” the mom said. Her son's ankle was scraped at bruised but the father opted to get in the car and get away as soon as possible rather than call the police.

Since she could not confront the bullies in person, the 8-year-old's mom wrote a letter about the incident to the Cleveland Plain Dealer instead.

Browns vice president of media relations Neal Gulkis called the incident unfortunate and disappointing, and said team officials are looking into the situation. The Muni Lot is operated by the City of Cleveland. Cleveland parks and recreation director Michael Cox told NewsChannel5 rowdy fan behavior, like this incident, is one of the reasons the lot no longer opens at 4 a.m. on game days. The city has been adding extra security to the lot because of some rowdy fans.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...e/Default.aspx

how the hell does sh*t like this happen? i know it wasnt any of you guys but how does somebody tackle a kid and not get his ass handed to him. i know cleveland and if anybody saw this happen that dude would've been part of the sidewalk the next day

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...e/Default.aspx

how the hell does sh*t like this happen? i know it wasnt any of you guys but how does somebody tackle a kid and not get his ass handed to him. i know cleveland and if anybody saw this happen that dude would've been part of the sidewalk the next day

I don't know. It upset me greatly. This is a black eye on all Cleveland fans. We were at a game earlier this year and I can tell you that Cleveland Stadium was FAR more kid friendly than the Meadowlands, Philly or Foxboro.

Having gone to Jets' games with my brother, that stadium is insane. Per one security guy, Jets fans get into twice as many fights as Giant fans and half the time, they're fighting amongst themselves. These are not environments to be taking an eight year old to. I've seen Jets fans make eight year old Dolphins fans cry. I'm sick and damned tired hearing about how people pay ticket prices and can act how they want, blah, blah, blah.

This creep needs to be legless by noon....

Speaking as a parent of a 7 year old boy, I can tell you that if it happened to me that dude would be eating through a straw for a very long time! The line is ABSOLUTELY drawn when it comes to kids! That asshole needs to have his season tickets revoked for life! YOU DON'T SCREW WITH KIDS! WTF is wrong with people for cryin' out loud??!!!

This story is definitely fishy.

1. Why didn't the guy fight back? If it were my kid, I would have killed the guy?

2. Why wouldn't you seek police assistance?

3. Cops are everywhere.

4. Would other fans really let this happen?

5. Why is the mom telling the story? His account is second hand and not very reliable.

hey we're passionate people...and while im not condoning what this man did....i urge all you other people who think its "cute" to show up at the muni lot wearing another teams jersey that you will get harassed. In a way, people ask for this to happen when they make poor decisions...i would NEVER show up at a steelers gig wearing my browns jersey...i know better than that.....these people need to stop instigating...i was tailgating last sunday and got into it with some jets fan who HAD a kid and i told him man youre lucky you have a kid with you because ill leave you alone now...lets keep it all in perspective the world is not sugar coated like we all want it to be...

hey we're passionate people...and while im not condoning what this man did....i urge all you other people who think its "cute" to show up at the muni lot wearing another teams jersey that you will get harassed. In a way, people ask for this to happen when they make poor decisions...i would NEVER show up at a steelers gig wearing my browns jersey...i know better than that.....these people need to stop instigating...i was tailgating last sunday and got into it with some jets fan who HAD a kid and i told him man youre lucky you have a kid with you because ill leave you alone now...lets keep it all in perspective the world is not sugar coated like we all want it to be...

Are you saying he asked for it by supporting his team?

Are you saying he asked for it by supporting his team?

yeah...cmon man you cant be so naive, dont come to our parking lot and start shit....i was there sunday....so many jets fans were ASKING for a fight..i swear if anyone else was there they would know what im talking about...its bullshit and NYC sports fans are the epitome of whats wrong with the sporting world

the 8 year old kid deserved to get tackled by a grown man for wearing a jersey?

what have you been smoking?

Got the opposite story.

My wife and I attended the opening game at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincy in Browns gear.

Heading to get some brews, a roughly 10-year-old kid came up to my wife and yelled: Where's your Couch at now bitch?

I answered he was ahead on the scoreboard (cuz we were winning and eventually won).

Then his dad came following up, drinking and hanging out (honestly, acting cool) with his friends. I took him aside, explained his son's behavior, and asked him if that was the kind of kid he intended to raise.

He was speechless. Didn't deny it, didn't get mad, didn't act like an ass. He was just floored that his kid had picked up his habits I believe.

Hilarious.

I tailgated in the Muni for a number of years but left due to disrespectful actions like this.

If I was in charge of how things were run down there, I would have flagmen direct people on where to park. Start flagging people down to the parking garage and start filling it that way.

That would break up a number of groups....if that didn't work, I wouldn't open it until 10AM and keep a patrol car parked in the entry way to keep people from lining up.

This story is definitely fishy.

1. Why didn't the guy fight back? If it were my kid, I would have killed the guy?

2. Why wouldn't you seek police assistance?

3. Cops are everywhere.

4. Would other fans really let this happen?

5. Why is the mom telling the story. He account is second hand and not very reliable.

the kids safety was probably his first priority. i cant imagine a bunch of browns fans that may not have seen what happened helping out a guy with a jets jersey on while he was pummeling some dumbass browns fan

i can see the swarm of browns jerseys now engulfing the dad and kicking his ass

why he didnt call or at least notify the cops is a mystery but i understand not wanting to hit some drunk guy when you are clearly outnumbered by browns fans

the 8 year old kid deserved to get tackled by a grown man for wearing a jersey?

what have you been smoking?

first of all....i never said it was ok to tackle a kid...im just saying If i drove to iraq and started waving an american flag id pry get shot.....and by the way dude you are such a xxxxing instigator can you please not right now im so sick of defending myself to people who dont wanna hear what im ACTUALLY saying vs how they want to interpret it

first of all....i never said it was ok to tackle a kid...im just saying If i drove to iraq and started waving an american flag id pry get shot.....and by the way dude you are such a xxxxing instigator can you please not right now im so sick of defending myself to people who dont wanna hear what im ACTUALLY saying vs how they want to interpret it

Dude...this is America...we are all Americans....get over this enemy color stuff.

They can root for anybody they want.

yeah...cmon man you cant be so naive, dont come to our parking lot and start shit....i was there sunday....so many jets fans were ASKING for a fight..i swear if anyone else was there they would know what im talking about...its bullshit and NYC sports fans are the epitome of whats wrong with the sporting world

starting shit and walking out of a stadium are two totally different things. if this kid really was just walking out, he did nothing wrong and the fan deserves to get his ass kicked.

im just trying to understand why you think the kid started anything

ive been to games where there are rowdy fans that deserve to get a fist shoved thru their teeth but you are comparing grown men acting like idiots to a kid that doesnt deserve any of that regardless of how he may have been acting

im just trying to understand why you think the kid started anything

ive been to games where there are rowdy fans that deserve to get a fist shoved thru their teeth but you are comparing grown men acting like idiots to a kid that doesnt deserve any of that regardless of how he may have been acting

like i said im not saying that its ok.....IM NOT SAYING ITS OK......all im saying is people need to relax calling cleveland fan base the only people who would EVER do such a thing....im sure a jets fan would do that to my kid too....but now the national media has to sway it against us and thats what im pissed about

yeah...cmon man you cant be so naive, dont come to our parking lot and start shit....i was there sunday....so many jets fans were ASKING for a fight.

There is no interpretation just going by what you said.

You can't possibly defend behavior like this. Now your comparing Cleveland to a war zone?

like i said im not saying that its ok.....IM NOT SAYING ITS OK......all im saying is people need to relax calling cleveland fan base the only people who would EVER do such a thing....im sure a jets fan would do that to my kid too....but now the national media has to sway it against us and thats what im pissed about

I don't want to get into a flame war and your right it does happen lots of other places and that's the problem. I had an indecent once myself at an away game.

nobody said any of that

quit being so defensive

come on dude.....its ESPN.....you know better lol

**edit**all im seeing so far is people complaining that the dad didnt do anything after it happened

That's a tough one. Yah, you want to fight back but he couldn't just leave an 8 yr old unattended to go fight some dumb ass. If all this is true and he was jumped from behind then he most likely was with some other dumb asses that think sucker punching or stomping someone prison style is OK. I'm all for 1 on 1 straight up fist fight just like two bit said "aint nothin; wrong with a fair fight"

Dude...this is America...we are all Americans....get over this enemy color stuff.

They can root for anybody they want.

Totally agree . I was at a Ravens/Browns pre-season game and witnessed one of the most awful verbal attacks made at a mother and her 7 or 8 year old daughter . It was so harsh and loud , and vulgar that the pair were both crying . This was in 05- or 06 . The staff said nothing and the pair left in haste .

I told the pricks what I thought of their rudeness and they just laughed .

No place for this kind of crap going on at a major sporting even . If I was setting the rules the instigators would be permanently banned and fined heavily .

I dont even know what to say about this. Maybe the father felt he was protected since he was with a child and decided to run his mouth or act cocky. I wasn't there and dont know anyone who seen it so for all we know a bunch of drunk fans were throwing food at each other and they walked right in the middle of it then some drunk tripped and fell on him.

It's wierd that when some douche wears a heat jersey to a indians game there are about 20 videos of the whole thing posted the next day but when something like this happens there's nothing. Not to mention it took them 3 days to get the word out.

If it were me and my son and I were being harassed like that my first instinct would be to remove the jerseys to stop any further harassment. I know I wouldnt leave them on and take my chances. Also, why didn't they seek out a cop the second someone started throwing food or talking smack?

I can see why he didnt want to fight, maybe he realized that when more drunk browns fans walk by and seen him fighting one of there own without knowing why they were fighting it could turn bad and real fast.

Even if these two had on pissburgh jerseys and I seen this happen I would automatically help them out. Im sure there are millions more people that feel that way which is why I think something stinks. But that's just my .02

Archived