THE BROWNS BOARD

FA Sean Jones wants to finsh his career a Brown...

Guest mz.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...en_hopeful.html

Jones' home finale? Safety Sean Jones, who's contract is up in March, might be playing his last home game as a Brown.

"I have no clue what the future holds," said Jones. "I let my agents deal with that kind of stuff. I'll just play football. I'll find out eventually."

Jones, a fifth-year pro, re-iterated that he wants to finish his career here.

"This is the team I was drafted to and I love Cleveland," he said. "I'm excited that I've gotten this far in my career and hopefully it can be as a Brown in the future."

Jones admitted he had high expectations for the season before he underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in September and missed three games.

"It's unfortunate, but I battled through the injury and think I've come back on top," he said. "I'm excited about these last two games, getting my resume out there. Hopefully the Browns keep me. You never know. I just want to play good football."

Jones said his interception Monday night, when he picked off Eagles' receiver DeSean Jackson in the end zone, showed what he's capable of.

"I take pride in being where I'm supposed to be," he said. "I'm an athletic safety and I just want to go make plays and win games."

Question is: are we going to be aggressively trying to resign him??

I have to question a long term contract for the money he wants when he is hurt a lot. He seems to have lost his aggressiveness since he came back from his latest knee injury. His biggest plus was that he was a big hitter and attacked the line of scrimmage.

I haven't seen that this year.

coming back from an injury can severely limit someone's effectiveness, as was the case with jones this year. he wasn't fully healed yet and hadn't regained all of his speed and strength.

he was healthy enough to play, but not to be as effective as he could be. corey williams is going through the same thing, and that's why we haven't really seen him show up, either.

a long-term deal is questionable, but i think we could at least give him a three-year deal. don't forget that there's gonna be no salary cap in 2010 to deal with, so there could be some sort of provision in his contract with that, as well.

I have to question a long term contract for the money he wants when he is hurt a lot. He seems to have lost his aggressiveness since he came back from his latest knee injury. His biggest plus was that he was a big hitter and attacked the line of scrimmage.

I haven't seen that this year.

You're right. The reason you haven't seen it is because it hasn't been there. Jones should pay to watch the games like the rest of us- because that's what he does. It's amazing that he speaks out after having one good game out of 14.

Could tag him, for sure. I wouldn't be against that at all. I love his play. Good hands, hits hard, tackles well. Only dent in his game is in coverage, and he's not bad at that by any means when healthy.

I wonder what he would fetch in FA anyway. He's had this knee all year, and has had issues with a knee every year that I can remember. Never kept him off the field 'til this season. Just wonder if the rest of the league thinks he's as good as I do, and if he won't fetch a premium due to his knee this year.

for what it's worth, he should have been a 2 time pro-bowler coming into this season. If not tag him, sign him to a 3yr deal.

And to think, I watched him play QB in highschool.

My only question is will he regain his form as a big hitting SS. For that reason, I would like to sign him but with some deferred money. length of contract in the NFL doesn't mean anything as long as all the money isn't up front in bonuses that will count against the cap if you release the guy. Yearly roster bonuses would be good.

Archived