THE BROWNS BOARD

WHO DAT

CantonLegend

its like playin in the peewees

you know all those other pro football leagues that spring up every couple years and end up folding.....yea thats the kind of league that the old browns played in

the teams couldnt support themselves financially because nobody cared about pro football back then. the teams werent any better than the college powerhouses

when a college team can beat a pro team its not something you really walk around braggin about.......and 8 teams? really? 8 teams? where is the competition in that at all?........oh yea.....there wasnt any

its like comparing some ribbon you got for ur science project compared to the nobel prize........not even close to the same

If you really believe that, then you're no better than the lousy Steelers fans that troll here.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you've gone well beyond the ethics that i thought this forum held itself to.

im disappointed in the moderation on these forums for allowing some dumbass to come in and talk shit about a city that was ravaged by the biggest natural disaster in american history. a hurricane that still has entire communities displaced and sprinkled around the country

people lost family members, homes, jobs, and entire lifestyles and you are sitting at your computer desk mocking it......acting like its the saints fans fault that you act that way?

bullshit......f**k the saints......who gives a damn about some sports teams......you went beyond that

Sometimes the ends justify the means.

its like playin in the peewees

you know all those other pro football leagues that spring up every couple years and end up folding.....yea thats the kind of league that the old browns played in

the teams couldnt support themselves financially because nobody cared about pro football back then. the teams werent any better than the college powerhouses

when a college team can beat a pro team its not something you really walk around braggin about.......and 8 teams? really? 8 teams? where is the competition in that at all?........oh yea.....there wasnt any

its like comparing some ribbon you got for ur science project compared to the nobel prize........not even close to the same

Your arguments are so ignorant they barely warrant a response. You are reminding me of Forrest Gump in drag:

me_and_the_evil_queen_my_i_d__by_michichick-d2xvi3g.jpg

you've gone well beyond the ethics that i thought this forum held itself to.

im disappointed in the moderation on these forums for allowing some dumbass to come in and talk shit about a city that was ravaged by the biggest natural disaster in american history. a hurricane that still has entire communities displaced and sprinkled around the country

people lost family members, homes, jobs, and entire lifestyles and you are sitting at your computer desk mocking it......acting like its the saints fans fault that you act that way?

bullshit......f**k the saints......who gives a damn about some sports teams......you went beyond that

yo dude, aren't you the one that started this thread? i guarantee you no one is serious about the katrina thing alright. they're called wise cracks. and you my friend opened the door. (along with the other ass strato who i guess is just a saints troll) i don't care if you have heart strings still attached to our team because you grew up here. you're a saints fan. is it our fault that the saints forum sucks? why do you root for two teams anyways? just in case? i live in NY now after growing up in ohio, do i root for the jets or giants? NO!!!

pick a team homer.

and what do you get out of that? you get pleasure out of that?

what the hell kind of human does stuff like that?

Not condoning it, and two wrongs don't make a right. But what about the assholes that come in here, and trash our city(AN AMERICAN CITY AS WELL), our region, it's people, and are just downright disgusting with some of the shit that they direct at us? Hell, one troll even said on another thread awhile back, that he took pleasure in watching his "enemy" suffer.

Not condoning it, and two wrongs don't make a right. But what about the assholes that come in here, and trash our city(AN AMERICAN CITY AS WELL), our region, it's people, and are just downright disgusting with some of the shit that they direct at us? Hell, one troll even said on another thread awhile back, that he took pleasure in watching his "enemy" suffer.

what about them? i live in ohio......im not going to bash my own state although you guys have given me plenty of reason to

what about them? i live in ohio......im not going to bash my own state although you guys have given me plenty of reason to

Exactly! What about them? Do you condone that shit too? Yeah this state has it's fair share of idiots, and it would be better served if those idiots were sent to some desserted island, but if you're from here, then you would know that there are in fact a lot of hardworking good people living here! And please don't refer me as "you guys" I've been nothing but courteous to you and the other Saints fan posting here.

yo dude, aren't you the one that started this thread? i guarantee you no one is serious about the katrina thing alright. they're called wise cracks. and you my friend opened the door. (along with the other ass strato who i guess is just a saints troll) i don't care if you have heart strings still attached to our team because you grew up here. you're a saints fan. is it our fault that the saints forum sucks? why do you root for two teams anyways? just in case? i live in NY now after growing up in ohio, do i root for the jets or giants? NO!!!

pick a team homer.

i root for the browns because i live in northeast ohio

i root for the saints because they are my team.....im allowed to root for more than one team and you've seen which team i choose when it comes down to it

i started this thread to smack talk football......i cant help that you guys dont know enough about your team to talk back......you guys cant talk about football so you gotta go completely off topic and bring up personal shit......thats fine.....i can do it too

but where do you draw the line? when does ripping on a football team become ripping on families and loved ones?

dont pretend like you are all high and mighty because you've sat back and admired the argument from afar.......you're just as guilty as the ones who have said all that junk

Exactly! What about them? Do you condone that shit too? Yeah this state has it's fair share of idiots, and it would be better served if those idiots were sent to some desserted island, but if you're from here, then you would know that there are in fact a lot of hardworking good people living here! And please don't refer me as "you guys" I've been nothing but courteous to you and the other Saints fan posting here.

i clearly dont condone any of it.....up until this thread ive wanted to defend the browns.....even from some ignorant saints fans.......but you guys should be ashamed to call urselves fans.....you dont support the state, city or football team very well and you really dont carry yourselves maturly at all

you are no better than anybody else on here. you havent been "nothing but courteous" to us.....you've chimed in with your own witty remarks whenever you felt compelled to add something to this discussion.......and the fact that you have also sat back and allowed that shit to go on without saying one word about it makes you just as guilty as the people that are saying it

you are no angel and you wont be treated like one by me or any other saints fan that drops by for the next 5 to 6 days.......after that, saints fans will go back to appreciating the browns for what they are trying to do and i will go back to defending my brownies......but until then the browns suck

dont pretend like you are all high and mighty because you've sat back and admired the argument from afar.......you're just as guilty as the ones who have said all that junk

wha, wha, what? you picked a fight with a couple of people on here which i thought was a joke at first judging by your past posts in which you defended our team. but it's obvious that if you strip off that browns jersey you have on the weeks the saints don't play there is a saints jersey underneath probably with a big S on the front. you can root for all the teams i don't care, i just never understood it. i've got friends who like the steelers and the redskins. WTF? if one team isn't having a good year he can hopefully fall back on the other? c'mon.

like i said before i really doubt that anyone means the shit about katrina. i'm guilty of saying plenty awful shit on here but it's meant with the highest regard of shit. sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire and not be so forgiving. you really can't think that you can come on this forum and start sniping at our team without someone getting upset. really???

i clearly dont condone any of it.....up until this thread ive wanted to defend the browns.....even from some ignorant saints fans.......but you guys should be ashamed to call urselves fans.....you dont support the state, city or football team very well and you really dont carry yourselves maturly at all

you are no better than anybody else on here. you havent been "nothing but courteous" to us.....you've chimed in with your own witty remarks whenever you felt compelled to add something to this discussion.......and the fact that you have also sat back and allowed that shit to go on without saying one word about it makes you just as guilty as the people that are saying it

you are no angel and you wont be treated like one by me or any other saints fan that drops by for the next 5 to 6 days.......after that, saints fans will go back to appreciating the browns for what they are trying to do and i will go back to defending my brownies......but until then the browns suck

First off I'm not a moderator! Therefore what else can I do? Secondly, don't act like you know ANYTHING about me, or how I roll! If you're going to get all butt hurt because I called you out for your disrespect of the NFL's history or the Browns history then so be it! If you're pissed off because I asked you a simple question as to why being from NE Ohio would you root for someone else over your hometeam first then so be it! Did I insult you? Did I call you names? Did I make fun of your picture of when you were younger, or bag on you for partaking in roll playing games??? NO I did not!!!

In case you haven't noticed, I happen to support my local sports teams and this region first and foremost regardless of their struggles! Different strokes for different folks, fine I respect that. But with that being said, you're a Saints fan, NOT a Browns fan, therefore you are a guest. You don't come into someone elses "house" and start criticizing them without being met with some sort of negative reaction! And furthermore if you read what I said, did I not mention that the Hurricane Katrina comment was a bit over the top?! Most of us here do realize it was one of the worst tragedies in this country, and genuinely felt bad for the good folks down there on the bayou! That whole situation was a cluster f***, and there is plenty of blame to go around as to why it was that way! I mean, I honestly could not believe that this was happening in our country.

Nobody said I was an angel, and you're right, I'm not. But I can tell you that I have enough common decency to not go on another teams board and A) try to defend my team to the rival team's fanbase (because it'a waste of time anyway) or B) if I do go to another teams board I'm not going "walk into their house" and start hurling insults, even IF they are hammering on my team, again because it's not "my house" and it's a futile exercise. But I can tell you this, if you are a rival fan, or a fan of another team, and the insults start coming out, best believe I'm coming back at ya! It may be a free country, and you have the right to exercise your freedom of speech, but I also have the right to not have to put up with the bullshit! It works both ways! In other words, don't start no shit, won't be no shit!

wha, wha, what? you picked a fight with a couple of people on here which i thought was a joke at first judging by your past posts in which you defended our team. but it's obvious that if you strip off that browns jersey you have on the weeks the saints don't play there is a saints jersey underneath probably with a big S on the front. you can root for all the teams i don't care, i just never understood it. i've got friends who like the steelers and the redskins. WTF? if one team isn't having a good year he can hopefully fall back on the other? c'mon.

like i said before i really doubt that anyone means the shit about katrina. i'm guilty of saying plenty awful shit on here but it's meant with the highest regard of shit. sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire and not be so forgiving. you really can't think that you can come on this forum and start sniping at our team without someone getting upset. really???

That is exactly what I was trying to tell this cat. This shit is getting way too out of hand.

Dudette, you are bringing a plastic knife to a gun fight. Of course you don't want a dick measuring contest because you wouldn't measure up. But that is exactly what you got, whether you like it or not. So, either pull your little teeny weeny out with your microscope to find it or crawl back into the fetal position sucking your thumb.

The Browns/Saints game is irrelevent. Those teams will take care of themselves. Unless you plan to put on shoulder pads and get on the field there ain't no point in you talking about the game. What you got right here, right now is a flogging to go to.

the browns/saints game is what i came here to talk about

your little buddy gipper decided to make it something else ^^^

you wanna talk about the browns and saints game? or you wanna continue ur guys' dick measuring contest?

im not in pain from any verbal reaming you guys want to dish out......im not grabbing ice for any burns you guys think you've said

and it stopped being fun when you guys brought up katrina......i have no problem with shit talking before a game but you guys all went beyond that

DJ said the katrina comment was a bit over the top? you expect me to pretend like thats stepping in and saying they've gone too far? give me a break. all you did was whisper from the back of the room and hope somebody listened

i dont have to support any ohio teams.....and simply living in ohio doesnt mean anything.....this state blows.....aside from football what does it have? a big heaping pile of nothing and any ohioan can attest to that

i love my hometown and i loved growing up in the wealthier part of the massillon/canton area......but there is a reason that cleveland is rated as one of the worst cities in the country.....there is a reason that people make fun of the city along with the teams

the city revolves around those teams and those teams are terrible......probably the reason why the city of cleveland struggles

you wanna talk about the browns and saints game? or you wanna continue ur guys' dick measuring contest?

im not in pain from any verbal reaming you guys want to dish out......im not grabbing ice for any burns you guys think you've said

and it stopped being fun when you guys brought up katrina......i have no problem with shit talking before a game but you guys all went beyond that

DJ said the katrina comment was a bit over the top? you expect me to pretend like thats stepping in and saying they've gone too far? give me a break. all you did was whisper from the back of the room and hope somebody listened

i dont have to support any ohio teams.....and simply living in ohio doesnt mean anything.....this state blows.....aside from football what does it have? a big heaping pile of nothing and any ohioan can attest to that

i love my hometown and i loved growing up in the wealthier part of the massillon/canton area......but there is a reason that cleveland is rated as one of the worst cities in the country.....there is a reason that people make fun of the city along with the teams

the city revolves around those teams and those teams are terrible......probably the reason why the city of cleveland struggles

Whatever you say peanut dick. :lol:

just keep sticking your foot in your mouth dummy. what else do you want in your waning days of existence?

why don't you get off your ass and move somewhere else if life is so bad? i wish i was back in ohio with a huge backyard where i could get drunk and pass out looking at the stars. drive down the street through a village and not have it take a half an hour to go 5 miles.

wow, sorry they don't have the bodega open 24 hrs. next to your house that sells weed. i got that. sorry you don't have people bumping into you on the sidewalks as you make your way to a client meeting. i got that. sorry there's not a broadway or a times square nearby. sorry you feel so shitted upon. wow. what do you want a red light district down the street so you and your D&D pals can get laid? you don't know how good you got it where you're at pal.

Now you're really starting to become a pain in the ass!! What part of "I'm not a moderator don't you understand?" What else can I say? Furthermore, you're the one who started the thread "smack talk" and on top of it you resorted to stomping on our history! Would you like me to pull up the posts about that? And being that you're not a Browns fan, and on a Browns Board talking shit, wouldn't you think folks here would get a tad bit pissed off when you start bashing their favorite team?? Have any Browns fans gone to your board and started trashing you folks? Yeah yeah, we've heard about all of the articles about Cleveland being miserable, and this and that, blah blah blah! Whatever! I work in sales, and have had many of clients from other places say they've been here, liked it, and don't understand why it's the butt of jokes! Also, good for you for liking your area where you grew up. Being that you're from here, you should already knowas well that there are PLENTY of areas in and around the Cleveland area that are very nice communities. So, with that if you think that Ohio blows so much, then why not do what all of the other cowards have done and move?? Instead of bitching about how bad it is, why not do something to help make it better or do your part to help in bringing about change? My biggest gripe about this region is the weather. If that were my sole factor in choosing where to live, I'd have been gone 15-20 yrs age! And finally, if you or others want to continue to come on here and trash us, and our fans, you and other other haters are going to continue be responded to in kind! I'm not going to stand by and let some asshole Steelers troll try to talk shit about our area, and I certainly am not going to stand by and let another fan of another team do it either! I live here, and I happen to have pride in this region, so kindly pound salt if you don't like it!

BTW I believe the one who made a negative connotation about hurricane Katrina and New Orleans was warned already by the mods.

Hey now, historically, you're wrong.

Browns:

Regular Season Record (all-time) : 481-392-13 (~55% win percentage)

Playoff Record (all-time) : 16-20 (Last appearance after 2002 season)

Super Bowls Won: 0 out of 0 appearances

Championships Won: 8

Saints:

Regular Season Record (all-time) : 279-380-5 (~42% win percentage)

Playoff Record (all-time) : 5-6 (Last appearance after 2009 season)

Super Bowls Won: 1 out of 1 appearance

Championships Won: 1 (and it was last year!)

Just sayin', keep it accurate, for the kids.

All of the Browns' championships happened before the Saints even existed. But it's kind of stupid to argue who is "worse" between two teams who have been perennial losers for as long as most people can remember. I know, I know. The Saints fan started it. Just saying.

But douchebags like you make me wish that Katrina had wiped out the entire city and all of the Aints fans with it.

I like to read the forums of the teams we'll be facing each week and this thread obviously caught my eye. It has for the most part been awful. It seems like it started out as an attempt to discuss the game civilly and somehow went downhill after bandwagon accusations were thrown around. The Katrina comment is a reason why I usually don't stay at other teams' forums long -- I see it everywhere. Insult the fans, insult the team's loser history, but for God's sake, leave hurricane comments out of it. I don't even know how it would help you if Katrina HAD washed away the city and the "Aints fans" in it --- isn't the OP living in Ohio??

Now you're really starting to become a pain in the ass!! What part of "I'm not a moderator don't you understand?" What else can I say? Furthermore, you're the one who started the thread "smack talk" and on top of it you resorted to stomping on our history! Would you like me to pull up the posts about that?

no way......your telling me that i said something browns/saints related and started talking smack in a thread that i labeled smack talk?

And being that you're not a Browns fan, and on a Browns Board talking shit, wouldn't you think folks here would get a tad bit pissed off when you start bashing their favorite team??

i have no idea.....you guys havent said one thing about the saints/browns game yet......its hard to tell how i would react

Have any Browns fans gone to your board and started trashing you folks?

no......browns fans really dont have any dirt to throw....the browns are 1-5......its hard to compete with a team that won the super bowl as recently as last season

All of the Browns' championships happened before the Saints even existed. But it's kind of stupid to argue who is "worse" between two teams who have been perennial losers for as long as most people can remember. I know, I know. The Saints fan started it. Just saying.

I like to read the forums of the teams we'll be facing each week and this thread obviously caught my eye. It has for the most part been awful. It seems like it started out as an attempt to discuss the game civilly and somehow went downhill after bandwagon accusations were thrown around. The Katrina comment is a reason why I usually don't stay at other teams' forums long -- I see it everywhere. Insult the fans, insult the team's loser history, but for God's sake, leave hurricane comments out of it. I don't even know how it would help you if Katrina HAD washed away the city and the "Aints fans" in it --- isn't the OP living in Ohio??

That's Beautiful Ohio to you.

Please excuse the sudden need to grab an opposing fan by the throat upon entering, we are fresh off Steeler Week here and hatred is at it's peak.

Sorry i came here and talked smack...but the Katrina comments always make my blood boil...and it the lowest thing any fan could bring up...I was fine until that....now i wish you nothing but the good ass whipping MY team will inflict on your happless Browns..

I mean you bring up the Katrina ...what do you want me to say?

Think about it

That's Beautiful Ohio to you.

Please excuse the sudden need to grab an opposing fan by the throat upon entering, we are fresh off Steeler Week here and hatred is at it's peak.

That is probably how we Saints fans think about the Falcons and their fans......

I too like visiting opposing team message boards the week before games, but I must admit I prefer football talk to smack talk.

I can understand djdawg2010's statement - it is natural for most people to be proud of the city and state where they live, and while they may criticize amongst themselves, it is definitely not polite for visitors to talk trash about someone else's home. Even though I'm not a NOLA native (nor from Ohio) I hate it when someone trashes a town and area that I care very much about - and as someone who has first hand seen the destruction that Katrina brought, I find it in extremely bad taste to make jokes about the disaster.

I've been a Saints fan for close to 30 years but have always felt a lot of sympathy with the Browns. No town should ever lose their football team - Saints got very close to relocating in 2005 - and the fact that you were able to start anew and keep the name and team history should make you all proud. Now lets talk ball !!

The Browns are 11-4-0 all-time against the Saints, including a 7-2-0 mark in road games,IM Just saying Bandwagon Jumpers Oh bye the Way I live in Massachusetts and I love OHIO And yes I lived there Years ago Before my Mom and Dad took Ill here in Massachuetts 15 years ago The record Dont lie IM Just saying lol.

What battle? You lost the war.

You were wrong about the Saints being historically better than the Browns.

You were wrong about our championships not being counted by the NFL.

You were wrong about claiming to be heterosexual.

Please, just go... People like you, who criticise people about being 'internet tough guys' are the epitome of that shit.

You're an admitted nerd dungeon and dragon nerd.

I award you no points, not one, your opinion of football has no bearing on anything... Ever.

Just for kicks, you BANDWAGGONer.

Simply awsome,And very well written.

Ah where in Mass are you? I have a friend or two in Boston and Cape Cod, they go/went to UMASS Amherst.

I thought you were a Massilon Ohio Browns fan... But Massachusetts... Wicked cool haha.

I live in Outside of Springfield Ma, Umass Amherst Is Here in the western Part of the State and my brother-InLaw is a Teacher at Wentworth College in Boston Yep a few of us Browns Fans in this area I have a massachusetts Browns BACKERS Site on my facebook lol Take care and Go Browns.

post-2441-1287615246_thumb.jpg

Archived