THE BROWNS BOARD

WHO DAT

CantonLegend

strato is a pretty well known musician from that area

By "that area" do you mean New Orleans?

OK that is another thing besides good food they have in New Orleans, good music.

To me, Jazz....a product founded in New Orleans, and Rock n' Roll...a product founded in Cleveland may very well be the quintessential American Art forms.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By "that area" do you mean New Orleans?

OK that is another thing besides good food they have in New Orleans, good music.

To me, Jazz....a product founded in New Orleans, and Rock n' Roll...a product founded in Cleveland may very well be the quintessential American Art forms.

man gipper you're my hero but...jazz wasnt founded in New Orleans...im a music major and that made me shutter a little

man gipper you're my hero but...jazz wasnt founded in New Orleans...im a music major and that made me shutter a little

Well, like Rock n' Roll I suspect Jazz was developed as a result of a long evolutionary process.

The term Rock n' Roll was created in Cleveland by Alan Freed and the first "Rock n' Roll" concert was held here, and the popularity of the music genre caught on greatly here, but certainly those musical forms that amalgamated to become Rock n' Roll like Blues/Jazz/Country didn't just crop up here out of the ether.

And I suspect that Jazz was the same way...but from my knowledge New Orleans was at the root and the heart of the jazz

genre when it appeared.

But, if I am wrong please elucidate. I am just going by general impressions, not specific knowledge.

WTF? You profess to be a Saints fan and you don't like Jazz? Its a good thing you don't live in town down there because otherwise they would run you out of town.

im not a new orleans fan.....just a saints fan

i can like the team without liking jazz.......you're a browns fan and you like jazz.....maybe you're living in the wrong state

im not a new orleans fan.....just a saints fan

i can like the team without liking jazz.......you're a browns fan and you like jazz.....maybe you're living in the wrong state

I like some jazz, like ragtime style jazz, swing jazz. I am not much into fusion jazz. But I like Rock n' Roll better. And I like football, so, no, I think I am in the right state.

Your statement is a blanket statement that you don't like jazz. Is that fair to say?

Do you call this jazz:

wat up fools

i'll bite.always loved the fender for the tin and the way beck plays it, but for full blam sound the les paul can't be beat. playing in NO must mean you're well rounded, but what type of music are you moat into? (know this is off topic)

i'll bite.always loved the fender for the tin and the way beck plays it, but for full blam sound the les paul can't be beat. playing in NO must mean you're well rounded, but what type of music are you moat into? (know this is off topic)

Kewl no smack... im a mainly a blues and americana style...but i can cover a lot of different styles....plyed the St Marys Blues fest in St mary Ohio..two years ago...we opened for Elvin Bishop....yall have some blues lovers up there...

Kewl no smack... im a mainly a blues and americana style...but i can cover a lot of different styles....plyed the St Marys Blues fest in St mary Ohio..two years ago...we opened for Elvin Bishop....yall have some blues lovers up there...

walter trout and some joe bonamasso. originally from ohio living right above nyc now........turn everybody i can on to some good music. those two guys will lift you up like nobody i've heard in years.

don't play much anymore as i'm into the visual arts as a profession. got an old ibanez and a peavy classic just to keep the neighbors at bay.

walter trout and some joe bonamasso. originally from ohio living right above nyc now........turn everybody i can on to some good music. those two guys will lift you up like nobody i've heard in years.

don't play much anymore as i'm into the visual arts as a profession. got an old ibanez and a peavy classic just to keep the neighbors at bay.

Them ole peavys have some guts....we opened for Joe in Galveston with Blues Traveler as the headliner....back in 07..good player..a little too rocked out for me ...but good kid and player...im more old school..Majic Sam ..T-bone....kinda stuff..is that peavy an tube amp?

Them ole peavys have some guts....we opened for Joe in Galveston with Blues Traveler as the headliner....back in 07..good player..a little too rocked out for me ...but good kid and player...im more old school..Majic Sam ..T-bone....kinda stuff..is that peavy an tube amp?

yep heavy as a bitch and hums like a...(you know what). love old school everything. probably cuz we grew up in different areas would groom our backgrounds a little differently. grew up in NW ohio. was 16 when Floyd came out with wish you were here (first rock album got for xmas). yeah that shows my age but didn't get into different music until i joined the army and had to room with cats from all over with different tastes. thank god for that!

yep heavy as a bitch and hums like a...(you know what). love old school everything. probably cuz we grew up in different areas would groom our backgrounds a little differently. grew up in NW ohio. was 16 when Floyd came out with wish you were here (first rock album got for xmas). yeah that shows my age but didn't get into different music until i joined the army and had to room with cats from all over with different tastes. thank god for that!

I wonder why its humming ..i do a little amp repair...have you had it recapped?...is there a hum balance on the back?....i bet its not much...Do you know where Van Wirt Ohio is..the cat thats sings with us is from there...

I wonder why its humming ..i do a little amp repair...have you had it recapped?...is there a hum balance on the back?....i bet its not much...Do you know where Van Wirt Ohio is..the cat thats sings with us is from there...

no sorry. i meant hum like hums like an angel. i used to have the fender reverb classic and put this up to that. told you i'm in nyc. van wirt ohio sounds like where they make zeppelins or something.

no sorry. i meant hum like hums like an angel. i used to have the fender reverb classic and put this up to that. told you i'm in nyc. van wirt ohio sounds like where they make zeppelins or something.

Oh ok..lol..i thought it was humming they will do that....i played a gig tonite...we had B.B Kings old band director Milton Hopkins playing with us...he is Lightning Hopkins cousin...talk about some stories man...lol..you should check out the Music board on our site ..im the Mod there...im trying to get it kicked off..come post sometime..Canton doesnt go there...lol..JK..Canton

dude. nobody likes the south. that's why we kicked your ass those many years ago. keep on singin the blues, killing dogs and listening to krunk. besides YALL have the biggest bugs in the nation. WHO DAT? DAT AIN'T NOBODY JIM BOB, IT'S A FLYING ROACH THAT LANDED IN YOUR BEER.

Hey miktoxic, all valid points, but as a DJ I have to say I do like the krunk style hip hop that became popular a few years back. Good club shit!

one thing i know about true browns fans is that they would rather see their team lose than the steelers win

i would never agree with a falcons fan on anything even if they were 100% right

any browns fans siding with a steelers fan are not real browns fans

You got that right. I root for the Browns and ANYONE who plays the Steelers. Yep, even the Ratbirds!

Hey miktoxic, all valid points, but as a DJ I have to say I do like the krunk style hip hop that became popular a few years back. Good club shit!

and i agree with you. until you go to a different place in this world outside of your box.......you'll never know what's out there. hence..thank god for the military and putting people and their ways and feelings amongst others that you've never seen or heard before......it's a wake up call. can i get a witness???

liljonj.jpg

and i agree with you. until you go to a different place in this world outside of your box.......you'll never know what's out there. hence..thank god for the military and putting people and their ways and feelings amongst others that you've never seen or heard before......it's a wake up call. can i get a witness???

liljonj.jpg

I feel ya bro! I am a very open minded individual. I respect others and their beliefs as well as their culture. I treat others how I want to be treated. There is an old saying: "you attract more bees with honey, than vinegar." That is what I try to live by. However; I expect it in return, and if you come here and start disrespecting where I live, you are in essence not only disrespecting me, but my friends and family as well. As I previously stated, it's like when you bitch about you're wife to someone... that's OK, but someone else better not talk shit about her, or it's on!

It's good to see that this thread is finally starting to become civil again.

I feel ya bro! I am a very open minded individual. I respect others and their beliefs as well as their culture. I treat others how I want to be treated. There is an old saying: "you attract more bees with honey, than vinegar." That is what I try to live by. However; I expect it in return, and if you come here and start disrespecting where I live, you are in essence not only disrespecting me, but my friends and family as well. As I previously stated, it's like when you bitch about you're wife to someone... that's OK, but someone else better not talk shit about her, or it's on!

It's good to see that this thread is finally starting to become civil again.

get you all the way. i love the browns. that's me. i left ohio in 80 when my dad told me to get the F out. since then i've been around the world and ended up here. love my hometown and state and can't wait to get back there and take a nice relaxed breath. but till then how about a YEAH!!

liljonx.jpg

get you all the way. i love the browns. that's me. i left ohio in 80 when my dad told me to get the F out. since then i've been around the world and ended up here. love my hometown and state and can't wait to get back there and take a nice relaxed breath. but till then how about a YEAH!!

liljonx.jpg

WWWWWWWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOKKKAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived