THE BROWNS BOARD

Head-to-Head Hits & New Rule Discussion

ATENEARS

That's great and all...but those aren't the rules are they? The rules are to protect the defenseless player this year and they just said on the ESPN pregame show that this hit should've been a penalty.

And it's not football anymore...they have figured out that they need to protect the players more.

Was he in the Process of Catching the Ball ? I played Safety in HS and one Yr in College. One he Touches the Ball he is Fair Game. If you lead with the Helmet its your $$$$. And YOUR Head as well... The MoMass hot was borderline... the Cribbs hit was a Solid NFL Play... bad luck for Cribbs though.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What changed your tune? Because you now realize using Rodney Harrison as some sort of authority on the issue is not only moronic but IRONIC? It's Football, violent hits happen. I have a problem with horse collars, I have a problem with blatant cheap shots after the whistle or when the ball is clearly out of play but i DON"T have a problem with guys playing aggressively and trying to win ball games. All the NFL is doing now is neutering defenses. You know that guy you all are quickly falling in love with by the name of Ward? who shares the same number as Troy. He'll be altering his game if a new rule is put in place and it's a damn shame. We're fans of the NFL, fans of violence, aggression and competition. Start throwing out all these bullshit rules and you alter the course of the game forever. Truthfully you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's the xxxxing NFL! Christ.

The problem is ,I'm seeing this stuff at High School games...Highlight hits...15,16, year old kids...looking to "blow up" another 15,16 yr old

Yes I love football....

Just not a big fan of seeing another human being...laying on the ground arms straight in the air...eyes glazed over...legs twitching

The problem I see with Harrison's hit is that he does not even attempt to use his arms to make a tackle. Its the same thing with the Cribb's hit, He is not trying to make a tackle he is just trying to hurt someone. I also think the Ward hit from last week was illegal as well. I like big hits as much as anyone but these kind of hits should not be tolerated. When a player just throws himself into another player leading with his shoulder or helmet without trying to actually tackle, that should be an illegal hit!

I disagree esp. with the Cribbs play ... He was trying to Take Cribbs down at the Legs ...but Cribbs Dove as well Perfect storm. You have a point on the MoMass hit ...about the Arms. But maybe he was gonna Wrap him after... Job One was to separate him from the Ball.

Cribbs was a qb, was he not? Hits to the helmet ARE allowed for a qb?

Rationalizations always go the squeelers way, it makes the NFL money to support a super bowl winner in the past.

Just as corrupt as NBA "officials" letting Michael Jordan take a full 4 steps to the basket...

The problem is ,I'm seeing this stuff at High School games...Highlight hits...15,16, year old kids...looking to "blow up" another 15,16 yr old

Yes I love football....

Just not a big fan of seeing another human being...laying on the ground arms straight in the air...eyes glazed over...legs twitching

This has been going on for yrs... I agree its Tuff to watch at the HS Level... no $$$ in these kids Pockets. I was at WGH Vs MAssillon Friday Night and the Harding DBs laid about 3 or 4 punishing Hits on Recievers... a couple were like ??? So You have a Point there.

Was he in the Process of Catching the Ball ? I played Safety in HS and one Yr in College. One he Touches the Ball he is Fair Game. If you lead with the Helmet its your $$$$. And YOUR Head as well... The MoMass hot was borderline... the Cribbs hit was a Solid NFL Play... bad luck for Cribbs though.

It doesn't matter what you did. Massaquois hit was not borderline since it's on every NFL show around the country talking about it being one of the 3 hits to a players head over the weekend.

It's going to get him a fine or possibly worse.

Rationalizations always go the squeelers way, it makes the NFL money to support a super bowl winner in the past.

Just as corrupt as NBA "officials" letting Michael Jordan take a full 4 steps to the basket...

IF The QB become a Runner...all bets are off ...UNLESS he is Sliding not Diving , sliding is giving up Diving is Aggressive running. . Why do you think Defenders are Drooling when a QB Takes off and wont go down ???

The referees should also be suspended if u ask me. To turn a blind eye to something like this is more criminal than committing the act.

They should lose their privileges to be allowed to referee any game on any level.

It doesn't matter what you did. Massaquois hit was not borderline since it's on every NFL show around the country talking about it being one of the 3 hits to a players head over the weekend.

It's going to get him a fine or possibly worse.

Eric Allen disagreed with that ... Said "Its a Violent game and if your going over the Middle You know whats coming..and have to Protect yourself" Cribbs hit a Non Issue even Hillis said it seemed fine to him.

nobody tackles opponents if they going across the middle. it's usually where a linebacker or safety is waiting to 'blow a player up'. that's why a lot of wrs are scared to run those routes. i guarantee you the league will come down on the defenders that are launching themselves at their opponents, such as harrison. yes it's a tough sport but who wants to see a guy get carried off in a stretcher with no movement in his extremities? (o.k. i despise a lot of our rival's players but i don't wish that on anyone). if the steeler's fans would open there eyes and ears and quit jumping up to defend their guy maybe they'd realize that this thug needs to watch his 'extreme' play.

and really harrison, we all know you're a goon. do you really need to speak after the fact and make yourself look even more DUMB? i guess he can always sell cars when they shit can him from the league.

Why do you watch if you believe that ??? Its BS and you know it ...or you wouldn't waste your time.

Eric Allen disagreed with that ... Said "Its a Violent game and if your going over the Middle You know whats coming..and have to Protect yourself" Cribbs hit a Non Issue even Hillis said it seemed fine to him.

Great that Eric Allen disagreed..but there's plenty of others who think that the hit was illegal and should've been flagged and that he will be fined. Cribbs hit although it was helmet to helmet doesn't matter because he was a runner at the time and not a defenseless receiver. That's the key to the entire penalty, he was a defenseless receiver and you just can't lay those guys out anymore. It's a new rule that they're enforcing more this year, although it wasn't called yesterday it should've been flagged.

If anything goes with the steelers, I say the first time Hiney Ward catches a pass, the db's go for his knees and take one out completely.

Self-defense is justified now.

I'd grab Troy PollyisaGirlieMan's hair, and fling him ten yards.

After, the steelers want to play rough? Wait til they come to Cleveland....

paybacks are in order. Sad to see my friend Rich defending the putspuke headhunters....

If anything goes with the steelers, I say the first time Hiney Ward catches a pass, the db's go for his knees and take one out completely.

Self-defense is justified now.

I'd grab Troy PollyisaGirlieMan's hair, and fling him ten yards.

After, the steelers want to play rough? Wait til they come to Cleveland....

paybacks are in order. Sad to see my friend Rich defending the putspuke headhunters....

Please. Once again it's football. Hines Ward has taken his licks and I wouldn't want to be the guy that takes a shot at Ward. Good luck throwing Troy anywhere but on top of your QB.

nobody tackles opponents if they going across the middle. it's usually where a linebacker or safety is waiting to 'blow a player up'. that's why a lot of wrs are scared to run those routes. i guarantee you the league will come down on the defenders that are launching themselves at their opponents, such as harrison. yes it's a tough sport but who wants to see a guy get carried off in a stretcher with no movement in his extremities? (o.k. i despise a lot of our rival's players but i don't wish that on anyone). if the steeler's fans would open there eyes and ears and quit jumping up to defend their guy maybe they'd realize that this thug needs to watch his 'extreme' play.

and really harrison, we all know you're a goon. do you really need to speak after the fact and make yourself look even more DUMB? i guess he can always sell cars when they shit can him from the league.

Aint gonna happen Dude. And Thats an OHIO Bron and Bred Kid... IS James the Norm ?? He a Football player... being Raked over the Coals for Playing the Game. Wow... If your Front office Feels like You guys ( Which they DONT of never would picked TJ WArd...who has a History at Oregon for BLOWING UP ...People) Its no wonder your D has struggled for Yrs. I KNOW The Rob Ryan Would LOVE to Have JH. You guys are Two Faced Dawgs ...I didnt Hear this S*** When Ward blew up Shipley. Didnt hear suspend him , dump him. And look it up he has a History in College. BOOM !!! Hes a Beastly Player.... I like the kid. if You Dump him send him to Pittsburgh.

I do not believe that Harrison's hit on Cribbs was intentional. It was just a reaction play Gip

Bullcrap. Harrison said his first thought was:

"no more wilddawg".

That's an accident? Give us all a break.

Great that Eric Allen disagreed..but there's plenty of others who think that the hit was illegal and should've been flagged and that he will be fined. Cribbs hit although it was helmet to helmet doesn't matter because he was a runner at the time and not a defenseless receiver. That's the key to the entire penalty, he was a defenseless receiver and you just can't lay those guys out anymore. It's a new rule that they're enforcing more this year, although it wasn't called yesterday it should've been flagged.

Marko my point is they Dont even call it in HIGH SCHOOL Half the Time. If he needs fined FINE him. If he needs Warned that the Next Fine will have suspension attached then Warn him now. But if So... It better be enforced LEAGUE Wise.... for ever Flagged an Un~flagged event.

I would need that luck... but any of our Browns wouldn't need it.

Remember when Pollygirlieman was tackled by his hair once? He went berserk.

It's okay to be rough only if it suits the steelers...

said the referees....

Cribbs in the WildDawg running the ball like a RB does not constitute a QB. Josh Cribbs was labeled a RB on that play, period.

T.J. clearly led with his shoulder first, you fool.

You`re such an ass.... And Thats what Harrison did as well...He Clearly was gonna Shoulder Pop him and the Heads hit. You know Harrison could get Hurt HITTING Someone as well. He is Not trying to Get hurt... He just wanted to Pop MoMass. Its Football... Dude. High Speed...S*** Happens.

Aint gonna happen Dude. And Thats an OHIO Bron and Bred Kid... IS James the Norm ?? He a Football player... being Raked over the Coals for Playing the Game. Wow... If your Front office Feels like You guys ( Which they DONT of never would picked TJ WArd...who has a History at Oregon for BLOWING UP ...People) Its no wonder your D has struggled for Yrs. I KNOW The Rob Ryan Would LOVE to Have JH. You guys are Two Faced Dawgs ...I didnt Hear this S*** When Ward blew up Shipley. Didnt hear suspend him , dump him. And look it up he has a History in College. BOOM !!! Hes a Beastly Player.... I like the kid. if You Dump him send him to Pittsburgh.

what's not gonna happen? what's not gonna happen is players won't change until they get suspended. i'm not raking him over the coal because he plays the game, i think he's a dirty player and has been way before this past sunday. and as far as the league not doing anything (if that's what you meant by: "not gonna happen") i think you'll be surprised and upset when they announce some sort of penalty/fine/suspension and part of it will have JH's name all over it. saying so is not intended to be a swipe at your team but at the player. and if ward acts in the same manner give him the same penalty.

what's not gonna happen? what's not gonna happen is players won't change until they get suspended. i'm not raking him over the coal because he plays the game, i think he's a dirty player and has been way before this past sunday. and as far as the league not doing anything (if that's what you meant by: "not gonna happen") i think you'll be surprised and upset when they announce some sort of penalty/fine/suspension and part of it will have JH's name all over it. saying so is not intended to be a swipe at your team but at the player. and if ward acts in the same manner give him the same penalty.

You`re a Bitter little baby... Spending a freak day and half Bitching like somebody`s ex~Wife. Embarrassing display of manhood ...move on man . Everything you guys lose a handful of you are obsessed with a couple plays. Guess what thats how you Wins Titles in this League. Your Defense Blows people Up... this isnt a game for the Faint at heart or the Limp wristed. Maybe a fine and warning happens...If So It Get ready for More and More Offense , soon it will be Arena `Ball in Our Stadiums. San Diego would have Wont 4 strait Super-bowls with Fouts if all these sissy rules were in Place.

I would need that luck... but any of our Browns wouldn't need it.

Remember when Pollygirlieman was tackled by his hair once? He went berserk.

It's okay to be rough only if it suits the steelers...

said the referees....

He went berserk? I remember he wanted a penalty but he certainly didn't go berserk. You routinely pull at straws and it's laughably pathetic. You need to step up that game or at least show a semblance of rational thought. If you stay on your current trajectory you'll always be viewed as a over the top mental case. I guess at the very least it's entertaining and good for a laugh. Let me know when you're doing being butt hurt.

The Browns aren't going to whine.

They will get even, even though the refs will start throwing flags when the steelers complain in a rage that Rogers and co looked at them

cross-eyed, and they were so scared they wet their pants.

The NFL will make a new rule, to keep the steelers' pants dry.

Truth is, the steelers will take out anybody who is important to take out, when they really want to win a game.

Case in point: Palmer, Bengals.

It's a cheapshot culture with the steelers, trying so desperately to get to another superbowl any way they can.

Point is, steeler trolls don't know much about much, like has already been said - their heads are permanently stuck up their asses.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................. Same Old Bitchy Rhetoric !!!

I agrre with a lot of this ... But the Cribbs Hit was Legit. Cribbs was a Runner Harrsion was gonna Go Low and Take him out by his legs... Cribbs lowers his Shoulder to Punish the Other Steeler Tackler. The Helmets Met... Life at NFL GAme Speed. MoMass... I DO Understand by the new rules it will probably get a $$$$ Attached to it. But in reality ...what You have to Let the Kid Catch AND Start to Run before you hit him ???? Wow... Thats just another Handicap on Defenses.

Really, Silverbag?

Check it out, the NFL feels differently:

15 Yards, Automatic First Down for:

# Chop block.

# Clipping below the waist.

# Fair catch interference.

# Illegal crackback block by offense.

# Piling on.

# Roughing the kicker.

# Roughing the passer.

# Twisting, turning, or pulling an opponent by the facemask.

# Unnecessary roughness.

# Unsportsmanlike conduct.

# Delay of game at start of either half.

# Illegal low block.

# A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent.

Not Intentional... Its a Game Speed Event it just happens. Just more evidence of the "Sissification" of America.

If it were mendinfall that got tanked like that by rubin you can bet your ass there was a flag and maybe even an expulsion from the game...

With that said the players get paid to win by any means necessary so in the end its the refs who are not calling this shit to begin with and the penalty needs to go up dramatically for intentional helm to helm..

Can we talk about fining and suspending shitty refs that dont do their jobs now?

Archived