THE BROWNS BOARD

Head-to-Head Hits & New Rule Discussion

ATENEARS

I think with 12 additional fines levied this week, we can officially call it. The League has lost its mind. Some pissed off owner threatened the commissioner and now we'll namby pamby with everything thanks to that owner, and a bunch of bored and whiney sports writers with too much room to fill with stories. Kevin Kolb? Really? Did anyone bother reading stories from different media sites, they could have all been ghost-written by the same guy. James Harrison blah blah...can't understand the difference between hurt and injure blah blah(Dammit anyone that actually played a contact sport knows that enforcers are there to lay the smack down on the opponents and make them feel it)...NFL needs to protect the players blah blah!!! This is a straw man stuffed to overflowing. Only two of the three fines were earned. The third got swept into the BS pile with the others. And we all know that if this hadn't involved Pittspuke, most of us wouldn't have given a damn at all!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First off, find ONE post on this forum that said "gee, we would have won that game if only Cribbs and Massaquoi weren't hurt." Yeah- we lost the game, and we're moving on.

Enjoy seeing Harrison's highlight reel- because all of it will predate 10-18-2010. Your whiny little hero had to take the day off because the NFL won't let him spear opposing players anymore. I did notice he made the "highlight Reel" the NFL League office sent to all the teams of what won't be allowed anymore.

Sorry if you can't handle Browns fans telling you like it is- calling a thug a thug, and your quarterback an embarrassment to the NFL.

Spearing has been illegal for decades. The problem is you think helmet-to-helmet contact and spearing are the same thing. And you like to whine. And you are bitter.

Do you guys really think these pissburgh fans are going to say that were right and they're wrong? I dont even know why some of you bother because it's like talking to a brick wall most of the time. The league could say both hits were illegal and end up suspending him for the whole season and these inbreds will still tell you the hit was legal.

Your all arguing with a bunch of bandwagon fans that dont even live in pissburgh and I bet any one of them would be more then willing to get on they're knees to please the team so do you really think they will admit any mistakes?

If anything we should get on the mods for not kicking these guys out of here because they all sound like broken records and it's getting old fast. How many decent Browns fans do you think left here because they're sick of these people?

Do you guys really think these pissburgh fans are going to say that were right and they're wrong? I dont even know why some of you bother because it's like talking to a brick wall most of the time. The league could say both hits were illegal and end up suspending him for the whole season and these inbreds will still tell you the hit was legal.

Your all arguing with a bunch of bandwagon fans that dont even live in pissburgh and I bet any one of them would be more then willing to get on they're knees to please the team so do you really think they will admit any mistakes?

If anything we should get on the mods for not kicking these guys out of here because they all sound like broken records and it's getting old fast. How many decent Browns fans do you think left here because they're sick of these people?

Should I bother pointing out how yet another Browns fan ignores the fact that the players are supporting Harrison and are against Goodell's suspension threats?

EDIT: As I type the NFL Network has Sterling Sharpe on saying receivers have a responsibility in avoiding big hits (specifically pointing outs Harrison's hit and hit on Desean Jackson) by reading defenses.

But let me guess, he is just dumb and you are still right......

NFL Newtwork already has it on their website. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-play...self-protection

EDIT: More players rip Goodell's sissifying of the league. Including 3 QBs!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...-big-hits-fines

Very strange. Everything is fine, until I start reading the troublemaking steeler girlietrolls' posts....

then all of a sudden, it's like a stupid skunk walked by the window.

but THEN, the skunk scent immediately goes away when I read on, where they aren't posting.

Very strange. Everything is fine, until I start reading the troublemaking steeler girlietrolls' posts....

then all of a sudden, it's like a stupid skunk walked by the window.

but THEN, the skunk scent immediately goes away when I read on, where they aren't posting.

It's obvious you don't care about the player's opinion on the issue.

Who are who to tell the players what rules they have to play by? Let them decide. You go nuts when you think Obama is taking away your rights, but you seem to like controlling the rules other people have to play by and have no interest on their opinion in the matter.

But anyways, the fact that you made a stupid, whiny comment inside of anything slightly resembling a logical rebuttle is very evident. And honestly, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Let's just get rid of the helmets which are the real weapons. Go back to those leather helmets and see if the players continue to play as they are. Those hard helmets changed the way the game was played. Better yet, let's let these bad ass players play with nothing on their head and see if Harrison et al continue to play as they do.

Technology (helmets, pads, shoes, turf, etc have all made the game morphe over the years. As technology changed, play adapted, even with many, many rule changes along the way. Why not remove fair catches, touchbacks, etc. too. Couple the technology changes with the changes in the average NFL player's size, speed, talent and experience and the game has to evolve.

This is all much ado about nothing. Play by the rules, tackle fairly and adjust as a rule changes. It's happened throughout the history of the NFL and should not be a big deal now with the latest emphasis on player safety.

It's obvious you don't care about the player's opinion on the issue. spunkedontherack

It's obvious you are a waste of this board's time.

What I've been saying has nothing to do with your asinine conclusion.

I don't post all that often over here, because there's a lot of BROWNS fans who are quick on the money,

and it's just fun to read it.

It's also obvious that you just want to make trouble, and whine like a little muskrat that is afraid of the dark. <_<

It's obvious you don't care about the player's opinion on the issue. spunkedontherack

It's obvious you are a waste of this board's time.

What I've been saying has nothing to do with your asinine conclusion.

I don't post all that often over here, because there's a lot of BROWNS fans who are quick on the money,

and it's just fun to read it.

It's also obvious that you just want to make trouble, and whine like a little muskrat that is afraid of the dark. <_<

All that because I restated what dozens of players all of the league (including on the Browns) have already said?

It's obvious you don't care about the player's opinion on the issue.

Actually, I DON'T care about the players' opinions on the issue. I don't really even care about the coaches' opinions unless they're teaching correct techniques and enforcing the rules. I DO care about the opinions of medical experts, scientists, and the NFL. The League is obviously able to enforce its own rules. (Which are not new.) I also care about the families of the players and the health of the players when their careers are over. And I care about watching the best test of skill that's available.

You can question the sincerity of the League given the state of their relationship with the players' union but it is disingenuous to argue the dangers of continuing to allow unrestrained violence on the field of play.

I've never been disappointed by a game that did not contain violent hits that sent players to the bench. I don't want to see the third team on the field because the rest were knocked out by injury. I want to see the best, most skilled players competing within the rules on both sides. As funny as it was in the movie, I don't REALLY want to see the football game from M*A*S*H every week. I want to see the best of the best.

HEY HOW ABOUT THIS STEELER'S DOUCHEBAGS. GAMES WERE PLAYED THIS PAST SUNDAY AFTER THE LEAGUE SAID THAT ILLEGAL 'HITS' (NOT TACKLES) WOULD BE PENALIZED AND THE PLAYER INVOLVED COULD BE SUSPENDED AND PENALIZED..............AND WHAT HAPPENED? NOTHING. THERE WAS ONE QUESTIONABLE HIT BY ONE PLAYER THAT WAS DEEMED INAVOIDABLE THEREFOR LEGAL. NO PUSSIFICATION OF THE GAME. NO POWDER PUFF FOOTBALL. SO ALL YOU DUMB ASSES THAT SAID THAT'S WHAT WE AS BROWNS FANS WANTED CAN GO F YOURSELF! DUMMIES.

And when the NFL turns a blind eye to the fact that these guys get bigger, faster, and stronger every single year because of HGH and steriods......THAT IS THE PROBLEM

That is definitely A problem. Maybe THE problem is that the men who use these substances lack the maturity, character and integrity to make better decisions. Adherence to the rules seems to have fallen out of fashion.

But look at it from the point of view of a player.

If you don't "keep up" with the other players who do the drugs you run the risk of being injured and you run the risk of being outplayed and replaced.

Why yes. That could happen. And what did you plan to do AFTER football? Professional football is for the best of the best. You are one of the elite to have made it AT ALL. Take pride in that and move forward.

I would be willing to bet that most players wish that nobody did the drugs but if some do it, the rest have to do it to keep up.

"Have to?" Nope. Are WILLING to, maybe. This is where the character issue comes in. Are you the kind of person who does something against the rules or against the spirit of the rules for personal gain? Or, does doing the RIGHT thing, no matter what the consequences are, take priority? Character.

T.J. Ward got fined Heavily and immediately FLAGGED for same type of hit and he had much less time and room to avoid it.

hey, i never realized Wright defensed that TD pass. !! nice D, kid!

i thought Ward's hit separated Shipley from the ball but this vid clearly shows the ball bouncing away before TJ's hit. now how bout them apples.

• 2 weeks later...
I was pleasantly intrigued to learn that Hines Ward got a concussion yesterday. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Focus: Our old buddy Sean Jones, dropped by the Browns for receiving too many concussions as a player, gave a helmet-to-helmet greeting to Jimmy Clausen this past week.

That's because you are a classless Clevetard.

I was pleasantly intrigued to learn that Hines Ward got a concussion yesterday. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Focus: Our old buddy Sean Jones, dropped by the Browns for receiving too many concussions as a player, gave a helmet-to-helmet greeting to Jimmy Clausen this past week.

Nothing like showing off your lack of class.

Archived