THE BROWNS BOARD

Head-to-Head Hits & New Rule Discussion

ATENEARS

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're a moron. It's the principle of the matter not the money. It's changing the game. Go watch Mark Slereth's rant via ESPN. He throws the league under a bus, runs it over and backs over it again and it's deserved. The ruling is ridiculous and I haven't heard one player endorse the new ruling. If they want to protect players they shouldn't consider extending the NFL season two games.

HOMO EXACTLY... I am convinced that this is Either OZ... or Wonderland... because Real World views and common sense doesn't exist. The out and out lies and Fabrication is amazing on this Board ( Hmmm...Is this Congress ?) The repeated Statement I have been hearing is EVERYBODY WHO ISN'T A STEELER FAN .... thats Hilarious. Its Almost the EXACT Opposite. I had a friend from Dallas look at some of these threads during a Conference Call... He was Laughing from 35 minutes....as was the Whole Room , geez 2 Rooms and One of the Rooms was IN Youngstown OHIO. Ok...well Weeeeere OFF To see the Wizzard..... :lol:

yeah, well they are wrong. just like you. just because they play for the browns doesn't mean everything they say is right or smart. we'll leave that to you guys and your players who you defend through thick and thin.

REALLY .... ??

You're a moron. It's the principle of the matter not the money. It's changing the game. Go watch Mark Slereth's rant via ESPN. He throws the league under a bus, runs it over and backs over it again and it's deserved. The ruling is ridiculous and I haven't heard one player endorse the new ruling. If they want to protect players they shouldn't consider extending the NFL season two games.

yeah you respect his opinion so much you can't even spell his name. F mark schlereth. i agree with not extending the season two games but that is owners greed we are talking. if you guys would understand that it's not about browns vs. steelers or you against me it's about trying to halt the helmet to helmet hits before somebody dies. period. yeah the nfl is probably going about it the wrong way, too fast, too abruptly. but maybe did you think they might be doing this to wake up their own officials to start calling the penalties when deemed?

REALLY .... ??

my quip was that we'll leave you steeler fans to think that everything that comes out of your steeler players' mouths is correct and smart and that you'll defend any action any of them take through thick and thin no matter what.

get it now after i spelled it out for you?

yeah you respect his opinion so much you can't even spell his name. F mark schlereth. i agree with not extending the season two games but that is owners greed we are talking. if you guys would understand that it's not about browns vs. steelers or you against me it's about trying to halt the helmet to helmet hits before somebody dies. period. yeah the nfl is probably going about it the wrong way, too fast, too abruptly. but maybe did you think they might be doing this to wake up their own officials to start calling the penalties when deemed?

Ya F ...Everyone who disagrees with YOU. That would Literally be 80% of ALL NFL Players and Fans and Media. Get over-yourself man. BITTER as they come. You`re Hilarious man !

Here is a perfect example of how to blow a guy up with a text book tackle.

Notice he could've put his helmet on Bush's chin and really messed him up, but instead he put his helmet to the side and let him live another day.

Is Reggie playing this week? If so im sure he'll be looking for #24

Ya F ...Everyone who disagrees with YOU. That would Literally be 80% of ALL NFL Players and Fans and Media. Get over-yourself man. BITTER as they come. You`re Hilarious man !

so you're all for the death shot hits, helmet to helmet intentional flagrant hits? yeah and i'm bitter. what a classless human being. i bet you were the kid that blew up frogs and shit like that.

Remember the time Harrison roided out during the super bowl and power slammed that Cardinals DB Francisco onto the group after the play... Yeah, you tell me that wasn't roid fueled rage. OOOOOOOkkk ;)

Harrison showed emotion doing the tensest moments of the Super Bowl after Fransisco went for his knees...I guess you wouldn't know what it's like to watch your favorite team in the Super Bowl. Again, you team has had an actual player use roids illegaly in very recent history. You aren't helping the forementioned stereotype that exsists.

All he's trying to do is make himself out to be the victim and its a complete joke in anybody's eyes that isn't a steelers fan

Is Hillis a Steeler fan?

Is Scott F. a Steeler fan?

Is Mike Golica Steeler fan?

Is Darnell Docket a Steeler fan?

IsTrent Dilfer a Steeler fan?

Is Mark Schlereth a Steeler fan?

Thanks for helping verify the stereotype that most Browns fans are dumb, whiny tools.

So.... are Steelers fans generally endorsing his decision to have a hissy fit, skip practice and have his agent tell the press he is seriously considering retirement because he can't alter the way he tackles? Seems like a pretty selfish move and not a team move.

I don't agree with TJ Ward's hit... I think it was a dumb move that could have been avoided. But the kid is a ROOKIE and he's handling his situation like a class-act compared to what your beloved "Silverback" is doing. http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/..._change_hi.html

dude are you even smart enough to understand? i said i agree with what the nfl is doing to prevent helmet to helmet hits. if you don't fine. if most of the players don't fine. what would you tell little timmy when his hero hines ward is folded up like a cheat suit on the ground looking like a dried up raisin getting carted off the field, only to find out he'll never walk again. little timmy sees him on the sidelines in a wheelchair being operated by a tube in his mouth. "Oh timmy, it's football. it's just the way it is. there is no way to make it safer by banning helmet to helmet hits. but let's go get hines's autograph. oh wait.......... HE CAN'T MOVE!!!!!!" man i'm up on current events. i know most players don't agree with it. so what? most of them can't even speak the english language. do we want them making decisions for us?

So you think these guys don't know the risks before they signed on the dotted line? they know the risks, and they know one other thing also..

mass * acceleration= force. basic law of physics. So does the nfl make mass or acceleration illegal? Intentional helmet to helmet is one thing, but you still can't fight physics, and sometimes they cannot be avoided.

yeah, well they are wrong. just like you. just because they play for the browns doesn't mean everything they say is right or smart. we'll leave that to you guys and your players who you defend through thick and thin.

So becuase players disagree with you they are wrong?

You try calling me out for defending my players while making excuses when your players defender Steeler players.

You obviously want to soften the league. The players themselves don't want the league to be softened.

Beleive it or not, people can have different opinions than you and just because you don't agree doesn't make them wrong.

I just think it's funny my opinion is shared and openly supported by players of your favorite team. It's hard to say that NFL players don't know what's best for themselves, but I know you will continue trying.

my quip was that we'll leave you steeler fans to think that everything that comes out of your steeler players' mouths is correct and smart and that you'll defend any action any of them take through thick and thin no matter what.

get it now after i spelled it out for you?

That's not true. I defend any player a beleive was right even if they are on a different team. I don't make excuses for any players I beleive are wrong. It's Browns fans who side with whatever hurts the Steelers even when Browns players support and defend the Steelers.

It's obvious the majority of current and former players don't want the league sissified. It's obvious you do. I tend to support whatever the players want when it comes to their own health because they obviously know best. You don'tknow what's best for NFL players. They do.

TAZ AND SPUNK:

man i could care less if people disagree with me, it happens all the time and i'm used to it.

i just think that someone is going to end up crippled or dead one day IMO and to do nothing is stupid. no one wants powder puff football.

you'll remember this thread when the day happens and you can turn to your family or pals and say "hey he signed up for it" or "hey, it's football, F him". i'm still all for doing nothing.

So becuase players disagree with you they are wrong?

You try calling me out for defending my players while making excuses when your players defender Steeler players.

You obviously want to soften the league. The players themselves don't want the league to be softened.

These guys keep saying there just doing what they've been taught to do there entire life. I was always taught to keep my head up and put my face mask on their hip.

If you dont drop your head and try to tackle something you not looking at it would be alot easier to control were your hitting somebody

Thanks for helping verify the stereotype that most Browns fans are dumb, whiny tools.

This stereotype only lives inside of your tiny mind. Of course there are some idiot Browns fans. Just like there are idiot Steeler fans (like 80% of the ones on this board). You projecting the minority onto the majority speaks volumes of your outlook and renders any argument that you have moot due to your lack of an unbiased mindset.

These guys keep saying there just doing what they've been taught to do there entire life. I was always taught to keep my head up and put my face mask on their hip.

If you dont drop your head and try to tackle something you not looking at it would be alot easier to control were your hitting somebody

Form tackles are rather ineffective at dislodging a ball unless the tackler hits the ball carrier straight on from the front.

It's a very fast game, making a perfect tackle every time will not happen. You obviously played. Surely you made many clean tackles that weren't exactly form tackles .Players need to be taught and follow safe tackling techniques, but expecting a form tackle for every tackle simple can't be done. In the NFL every yard counts. Defenders look to stop ball carriers any way possible. Rules are in place to protect both the defenders and the ball carriers. When it comes to putting rules in place to protect players whose opinion is more valuable than the players themselves?

There is widespread dissent toward Goodell and his threats of suspension from offensive and defensive players from all over the league. I think we can all agree the players should atleast have a say in the rules which they must play by.

The NFL thought so. ASS

And dozens of players (both offense and defense; from NFC and AFC; from good teams and bad teams; current and former) all believe Goodell was out of line to punish Harrison's hits and threaten suspensions for those types of hits. But who cares about player's opinions when it comes to what they think is best for their health? :rolleyes: Like seriously, what the hell do they know about this topic? :rolleyes:

Form tackles are rather ineffective at dislodging a ball unless the tackler hits the ball carrier straight on from the front.

It's a very fast game, making a perfect tackle every time will not happen. You obviously played. Surely you made many clean tackles that weren't exactly form tackles .Players need to be taught and follow safe tackling techniques, but expecting a form tackle for every tackle simple can't be done. In the NFL every yard counts. Defenders look to stop ball carriers any way possible. Rules are in place to protect both the defenders and the ball carriers. When it comes to putting rules in place to protect players whose opinion is more valuable than the players themselves?

There is widespread dissent toward Goodell and his threats of suspension from offensive and defensive players from all over the league. I think we can all agree the players should atleast have a say in the rules which they must play by.

I understand a form tackle isn't possible on every play. But on the plays in question were the defenders are unloading on defenseless players they are. If you go look at all the plays in question from this past weekend I would almost guarantee none of them tried to wrap up.

I have an idea, lets go on the Browns board and be a complete arrogant asshole about every single f*cking topic that comes up and show everyone what an elitist asshole I am by telling them every one of their opinions is "crying" and maybe they will all convert to my roided up raping team of sh!tbags! Because you know this IS the internet and if I tell people they are wrong enough times surely they will see MY side of things! I can only imagine what rich and interesting lives you steeler fags that live on this board must have.

Archived