THE BROWNS BOARD

Head-to-Head Hits & New Rule Discussion

ATENEARS

I know it's your guy's responsibility to hate everything related to the Steelers (which I understand since I do my fair share of hating on the Cowboys); but he's got a point. I don't think he'll do it, but these new NFL regulations are way too vague and leave too much in the hands of people that don't play the game. I don't like them anymore than Harrison.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Harrison will get a job as a Pittsburg police officer, and go around just shooting people.

"HEY, if I can't just shoot people instead of directing them in traffic, I'm considering retiring. This is stupid, why even carry a gun then?"

Regarding the fines - James Harrison and Dunta Robinson hits were clean hits. They were playing agressive and against a moving player with the ball - unacceptable politically correct Cleveland bed wetting politics happening with both of those fines.

Yeah, cause Cleveland controls the NFL, that's how we got all of our prime time games on the schedule this season, jackass.

If we were the laughing stock that you say we are then no one would take us seriously.

But out of the other side of your mouth you say that we have undue influence.

When you try to stand simultaneously at both ends of the see-saw, you know you are making a stretch!

Here's a resource for you ROCKHEAD20, you could use the lesson.

We did win the game though, so Browns 10, Steelers 28

I wonder how much he should get fined

Pretty much his style to only go for hits on the defenseless?

Wasn't that a Browns home game? Couldn't he have left dealing with the idiot fan to the Stadium Security or to even a Browns player? He came all the way from off the Steelers bench to perform this act of machismo?

What if he had actually seriously hurt the guy? Despite the guys idiocy it was not his duty to take corrective action, it was securities duty. If he had hurt the guy bad eventually whatever he was pulling down per year would have ended going to the dumbass fan. ( the funniest part is that the guy said the hit didn't hurt at all.).

I know it's your guy's responsibility to hate everything related to the Steelers (which I understand since I do my fair share of hating on the Cowboys); but he's got a point. I don't think he'll do it, but these new NFL regulations are way too vague and leave too much in the hands of people that don't play the game. I don't like them anymore than Harrison.

then stop watching football! goodell is doing the right thing, something he had to do to avoid the nfl getting sued for billions when someone finally ended up a vegetable or dead. no one inside the pittspuke area can see that though because they are too busy defending their goon.

hey james, wanna retire? there's the door. thug.

Looks like our local little rockyhead troll isn't happy. so sad. He said there would be no fine, but

there WAS one. A really big one. Guess that MoMass hit wasn't so rockyhead claimed "legal" hmm?

Now, little rockyhead is trying to get tossed off the board in spite, before his steelers lose to the Browns

later in Cleveland, causing them to cry "no fair, if we could have used hand grenades, we could have won. Maybe

they should just suspend all of us steelers because we're so stupid, we only know thugball. This football is just too hard."

Sorry little rockyhead, we're on to play the Saints. Your whining is old news.

But know this - the evil steelers do will follow after them.

then stop watching football! goodell is doing the right thing, something he had to do to avoid the nfl getting sued for billions when someone finally ended up a vegetable or dead. no one inside the pittspuke area can see that though because they are too busy defending their goon.

hey james, wanna retire? there's the door. thug.

We are defending the way we like the game played. No one inside of the Clowns area can see that though because they are to busy defending Goodell and changing their tampons.

The way some of you are posting leads those of us who are sane (and recognize that head shots are dangerous and have no place in the sport) to believe that you have sufferred too many head shots already!

Harrison is serious about retiring? Good! If he will learn to skate on ice, maybe he can get a job in the NHL as a goon. That should be quite natural for him.

The howls and screams from the Browns have finally dumbed the NFL down into a power puff football league. The Browns fans celebrate hits like Turkey Jones slamming Bradshaw on his head but whine incessantly about a couple of hard tackles.

I guess when you can't win playing football you have to ask the NFL to put skirts on your team because it will make you more competitive. The Browns really are the Nancy boys of the NFL.

Why do all you pretend tough guys keep saying they're (the NFL and the Browns are afraid) of hard hits or that player will not be able to play aggressively of intimidate. That is not the issue and you know it. It's about spearing and leading with the crown of the helmet. I just watched some clips of Ronnie Lott one of the hardest and most intimidating hitters EVER and he didn't spear or lead with the head.

That clip of Harrison against the Cards, is that what the cops call strong armed robbery or just a plain old mugging. Go ahead and retire Harrison if your to dumb to learn how to use your ability to play any other way but dirty that you should quit.

We are defending the way we like the game played.

who is we? all fans of the nfl love the way the game is played, obviously because it's the number one watched sport in the country. so you are ok with helmet to helmet hits? are you ok with guys getting carted off the field paralyzed? maybe if YINZ got out of PA for half a day you could see that there is a lot more country out there and not everyone agrees with YINZ.

The way some of you are posting leads those of us who are sane (and recognize that head shots are dangerous and have no place in the sport) to believe that you have sufferred too many head shots already!

Harrison is serious about retiring? Good! If he will learn to skate on ice, maybe he can get a job in the NHL as a goon. That should be quite natural for him.

No there is a code of honor between NHL tough guys (enforcers or goons) a guy like harrison has no honor hes just a thug.

I guess when you can't win playing football you have to ask the NFL to put skirts on your team because it will make you more competitive. The Browns really are the Nancy boys of the NFL.

I am going to have to power down my computer and cry, you really hurt my feelings.

I'm a little scared of you...your tremendous post count and references to skirts and Nancy boys are intimidating me...it's getting harder..and harder..t-o...type..I'm shutting down.....

Oh wait, no that's Harrison that is shutting down. CAUSE HE FINALLY GOT WHAT HE DESERVES.

HEAR THAT MR THREE POWER POSTS? HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED!

Oh wait, I'm wrong...he deserved worse...

who is we? all fans of the nfl love the way the game is played, obviously because it's the number one watched sport in the country. so you are ok with helmet to helmet hits? are you ok with guys getting carted off the field paralyzed? maybe if YINZ got out of PA for half a day you could see that there is a lot more country out there and not everyone agrees with YINZ.

Yea, Im down for all of that. BTW, Im from Ohio. Look, I don't want anyone to get injured, but I like it when they get hurt.

The Browns Rule: "we are wimps and are getting our butts kicked by tougher more physical teams." "Please let our team wear skirts so the opposing team treats us like women."

great reply troll. nothing of substance to say? then:

stfufamilyguy12258.jpg

great reply troll. nothing of substance to say? then:

stfufamilyguy12258.jpg

I think it's the same idiot that went under a couple of other names that were banned. I guess this is what happens when you have no life, no job, no woman, and no prospects what so ever, and reside in your parent's basement, you try to bring others down.

Why do all you pretend tough guys keep saying they're (the NFL and the Browns are afraid) of hard hits or that player will not be able to play aggressively of intimidate. That is not the issue and you know it. It's about spearing and leading with the crown of the helmet. I just watched some clips of Ronnie Lott one of the hardest and most intimidating hitters EVER and he didn't spear or lead with the head.

That clip of Harrison against the Cards, is that what the cops call strong armed robbery or just a plain old mugging. Go ahead and retire Harrison if your to dumb to learn how to use your ability to play any other way but dirty that you should quit.

Let's look at this stat- counting preseason- almost 50 players have been knocked out of a game, or more than one game DUE TO HEAD INJURIES. This isn't just Cleveland fans whining about Big Bad Harrison. This is a league-wide problem of guys using their helmets as a weapon, not for protecting their own noggin. And the NFL has decided enough is enough before someone gets crippled or killed.

Here's the deal though: there AREN'T any "new" regulations! Nothing about the rules is changed. Just enhanced enforcement policy of the existing rules.

The Browns Rule: "we are wimps and are getting our butts kicked by tougher more physical teams." "Please let our team wear skirts so the opposing team treats us like women."

Actually, how about if I agree with you somewhat: I think that giving Harrison a fine etc. should not be the answer. I think he should simply get what he gives. A couple of blind side head on concussion makers would serve him best.

Let's look at this stat- counting preseason- almost 50 players have been knocked out of a game, or more than one game DUE TO HEAD INJURIES. This isn't just Cleveland fans whining about Big Bad Harrison. This is a league-wide problem of guys using their helmets as a weapon, not for protecting their own noggin. And the NFL has decided enough is enough before someone gets crippled or killed.

exactly. the other PA team has suffered 6 concussions in 6 weeks. steeler fans can't see out of their trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJDMvVp0XI...feature=related

Archived