THE BROWNS BOARD

For those who don't read Kissing Suzy Kolber...

JewDago

That website couldn't possibly state the truth more clearly. The Pittsburgh Steelers "fan base" is well over 50% frontrunners. The amount of Steeler fans -- those who would be Steeler fans if the Steelers had the win percentage of the Bucs over the past 50 years -- is only about 20% of their fan base. Probably less. The rest are, at least to some extent, frontrunners and not real fans.

Anywhere you look in the country other than Pittsburgh you see Steeler frontrunners. Why are there so many Steeler fans everywhere? People are frontrunners by nature. The fan base is made up of front runners. It's a joke of a fan base, and there's no getting past the truth.

That's why real football fans and Browns fans hate them. They try to take credit for being real fans when they're not and they tarnish all the real fanhood we've done all our lives.

As much as Steeler fans want to believe Browns and other fans are just jealous, that's not the case. There is genuine truth to this claim. It's the same reason so many baseball fans hate Yankee fans. There are real fans, and then there are Steeler/Yankee frontrunner fans. They will never know the feeling of being a true fan.

DTBH wrote:

Why are there so many Steeler fans everywhere? People are frontrunners by nature. The fan base is made up of front runners. It's a joke of a fan base, and there's no getting past the truth.

So let me get this straight, you can only be a real fan if you team is a perpetual loser. Keep on losing Cleveland, cause I don't want anyone to ever accuse one of you of being a "frontrunner" fan.

Go to any city in the country and I bet you find a "Steelers" bar (more likely 2 or 3). Name me one other sports team that can claim the same. Oh, and go into one of those said bars during a Steelers game, and you'd be suprised at the number of Steelers fans you'll see.

Of course the thing that I really enjoy is watching Steeler's fans invade an opposing teams home stadium and generate crowd noise that interferes with the home teams ability to call plays. The best example was in 2004 against "America's Team" (a name Mr. Rooney was first offered by the NFL for the Steelers before it was bestowed upon Dallas btw) at Texas Stadium.

I will take fans you claim are "frontrunner" fans any day of the week, cause you can't have them if your team perpetually stinks or if you root for a team called the Cleveland Browns. Oh, btw Brownies fans, the only reason you even have a football team (and named the "Browns") is because of one said popular team from Pittsburgh. Mr. Rooney and the huge number of Steeler fans in this country are responsible for getting your team/name back in the league. Choke on that one while you cry yourself to sleep at night dwelling on yet another stellar season. Congrats on your high draft pick for 2009!

Go to any city in the country and I bet you find a "Steelers" bar (more likely 2 or 3). Name me one other sports team that can claim the same.

Umm... the Browns. It's a known fact that the Browns have the most wide spread fan base in all of football. There are Browns backer bars all over the world.

DTBH wrote:

So let me get this straight, you can only be a real fan if you team is a perpetual loser. Keep on losing Cleveland, cause I don't want anyone to ever accuse one of you of being a "frontrunner" fan.

Go to any city in the country and I bet you find a "Steelers" bar (more likely 2 or 3). Name me one other sports team that can claim the same. Oh, and go into one of those said bars during a Steelers game, and you'd be suprised at the number of Steelers fans you'll see.

Of course the thing that I really enjoy is watching Steeler's fans invade an opposing teams home stadium and generate crowd noise that interferes with the home teams ability to call plays. The best example was in 2004 against "America's Team" (a name Mr. Rooney was first offered by the NFL for the Steelers before it was bestowed upon Dallas btw) at Texas Stadium.

I will take fans you claim are "frontrunner" fans any day of the week, cause you can't have them if your team perpetually stinks or if you root for a team called the Cleveland Browns. Oh, btw Brownies fans, the only reason you even have a football team (and named the "Browns") is because of one said popular team from Pittsburgh. Mr. Rooney and the huge number of Steeler fans in this country are responsible for getting your team/name back in the league. Choke on that one while you cry yourself to sleep at night dwelling on yet another stellar season. Congrats on your high draft pick for 2009!

Well even as a Browns fan you really cant argue. Sad to say but your points are exactly right. The only thing I would say is that the Browns following is really big across the country. The only difference between Steelers bars and Browns "Backers" Bars is that Steelers bars get more packed at the end of the year....Browns bars will have alot of empty seats this week.

Umm... the Browns. It's a known fact that the Browns have the most wide spread fan base in all of football. There are Browns backer bars all over the world.

I live in WPB, FL and have my choice of 3 different Browns Bars within 10 miles. And those are just ones that are Browns Backers members. I know of about the same number for the Steelers...but guess what...the are all named Rooney's!!!

I don't understand how some people don't understand the term "frontrunner fan".

Well...when the truth hurts its pretty easy to understand...I would say not only the Brown but I also think the Packers and Broncos have a better fan base than the Stoolers meaning not as (front runner) based as Shitzburghs is...

Archived