THE BROWNS BOARD

SEASON WAS DOOMED IN PRE-SEASON!!!!

gmp

With all the talk about how the season took a dump, from the QB to the Wide-outs to the everything.....basically the season was doomed from the jump....

DA will no doubt be the blame for the bad start, but the truth is DA had absolutley no support to start this season.....Injured wide outs, JJ, Stallworth's stupidity, Winslow's non-sense, and Edwards droppsies.......No run game at all......and a defense that can't get out of its own way..(never gave field position, never gave points off Turns-overs, never got turn overs, and gave up long 3rd down conversion after conversion.......and couldn't sack my sack......... we now move onto the coach and assistants who are clearly out of their league... RC, just doesn't have a clue...Indecisive, poor in-game decisions, waffled on starting QB's...and overall just a bad, bad, bad, head coach.......

So where to go from here???

Get a running back...big time...

Get a LB who can pass rush...and motivate a defense......ala Ray Lewis type

Get another back-up QB.......Since this position is now backed into a corner, in losing DA and having Dorsey as a laughable backl-up...I would suggest getting another decent back-up...in case Quinn stinks up the joint or hurts his tootsies or something.

Keep the Wr's...and see if they can rebound from an awful beginning....

and go after Bill Cower and pay him what he wants for 5 years...then sit back and wait for hell to freeze over......

There you have it...

With all the talk about how the season took a dump, from the QB to the Wide-outs to the everything.....basically the season was doomed from the jump....

DA will no doubt be the blame for the bad start, but the truth is DA had absolutley no support to start this season.....Injured wide outs, JJ, Stallworth's stupidity, Winslow's non-sense, and Edwards droppsies.......No run game at all......and a defense that can't get out of its own way..(never gave field position, never gave points off Turns-overs, never got turn overs, and gave up long 3rd down conversion after conversion.......and couldn't sack my sack......... we now move onto the coach and assistants who are clearly out of their league... RC, just doesn't have a clue...Indecisive, poor in-game decisions, waffled on starting QB's...and overall just a bad, bad, bad, head coach.......

So where to go from here???

Get a running back...big time...

Get a LB who can pass rush...and motivate a defense......ala Ray Lewis type

Get another back-up QB.......Since this position is now backed into a corner, in losing DA and having Dorsey as a laughable backl-up...I would suggest getting another decent back-up...in case Quinn stinks up the joint or hurts his tootsies or something.

Keep the Wr's...and see if they can rebound from an awful beginning....

and go after Bill Cower and pay him what he wants for 5 years...then sit back and wait for hell to freeze over......

There you have it...

Stallworth was the only injury going INTO the season (BE was back and JJ was fine)

Run game started fine....but we didn't use it as DA was in a giving mood

Defense...um...DA got pulled after Baltimore...the 9th game...and only 3x did they give up more than 17 points

Turnovers? You are kidding, right? The Browns are TIED FOR 1st in INT's and TIED FOR 3rd in TOTAL TURNOVERS

As for the backup....duh...we now have Gradkowski

Maybe do a little research before posting this crap.

Maybe you're a bit right....we treated the QB situation like DA was some 10 year veteran, who only needed a few game reps in preseason. He never gained any confidence at all, couldn't perform, and basically sucked all year (minus the NYG game).

I posted after the Washington game that this season was over at that point. I really wanted to be wrong about that, but how true it was. That was the most frustrating game I can recall in many, many years. DA couldn't even spike the damn ball on his own, had to get direction from our beloved coaching staff, ugh. Unbelieveable how our coaching staff prepared our so-called QB for the NFL. Then it took them 9 weeks to give the backup a chance.

As far as the defense, I just don't understand. We play in the AFC North, where two of our division rivals ATTACK the opposition constantly, whether it's 3rd & 1 or 3rd & 17. We like to rush 3 and play soft zones so the oppostion has a chance to get a first down. I guess our coaching staff has never reviewed Pitt or Balt tapes.

As far as Cowher, I'm not for it, and will not renew my season tickets if he's hired.

Stallworth was the only injury going INTO the season (BE was back and JJ was fine)

Run game started fine....but we didn't use it as DA was in a giving mood

Defense...um...DA got pulled after Baltimore...the 9th game...and only 3x did they give up more than 17 points

Turnovers? You are kidding, right? The Browns are TIED FOR 1st in INT's and TIED FOR 3rd in TOTAL TURNOVERS

As for the backup....duh...we now have Gradkowski

Maybe do a little research before posting this crap.

JJ was fine...what are his #'s for this year????...

The Browns Defense is ranked 27th in the league...THAT'S 5TH FROM THE BOTTOM!!!....

Gradkowski???/are you kidding me....that's the back-up..for next year?/.....Jes*s Chr*st...... ...your OK with that???

Run Game was fine???...The Browns rush ranking is 27th as well...THAT'S 5TH FROM THE BOTTOM...

What the Hell are you watching....?????

Archived