THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas makes the Pro Bowl=Ridiculous

bugzilla

I've been a Browns fan all my life. I want my team to succeed. After this dreadful season I should be overjoyed that we have two pro bowl selections. Shaun Rogers definitely, but to select Joe Thomas for his performance this year is just ridiculous. It's because of his poor play that we have Ken Dorsey at QB. He started off the season ok, but the last month he has been thrown around like a rag doll by opposing defenses.

I feel Dawson should have been the second Brown chosen.

I've been a Browns fan all my life. I want my team to succeed. After this dreadful season I should be overjoyed that we have two pro bowl selections. Shaun Rogers definitely, but to select Joe Thomas for his performance this year is just ridiculous. It's because of his poor play that we have Ken Dorsey at QB. He started off the season ok, but the last month he has been thrown around like a rag doll by opposing defenses.

I don't know if you have been watching the line-play over the past month or so...but I think something is going on with Steinbach. Every time I saw JT get 'burned', he was working on an inside rusher that Steiny should have been on.

Either the OL coach has screwed up the assignments...or JT is covering for Steiny and that opens up the outside rush.

Steinbach has been playing hurt all season because there's no one else. Lack of depth is killing the line.

The fact that the OP says JT has been playing poorly is ridiculous.

When there are 3 rushers lined up on your side of the line, and only 2 of you to block them, guess what's going to happen?

Monday night JT routinely had two men lined up directly over top of them, and him and Steinbach were the only people on the left side! No TE period! No back to chip them on their way out either.... our coaches are a disgrace.

You must be watching the games in 3D. Joe Thomas has consistently graded out as the best lineman every week for the Browns. He has allowed a few sacks, but have you ever seen a TE on his side providing help or a back lined to his side to help chip a pass rusher. He has been on an island playing against the elite pass rushers in the NFL. To say he has been thrown around like a rag doll is just "ridiculous" as you would say.

He has consistently provided help to Steinbech, who has been hurt and very immobile all season. Getting beat by a speed rusher on the outside isn't getting thrown around like a rag doll.

Thomas's selection wasn't by the fans, it was by his peers and the league coaches. I would think that they have watched a little more tape on the guy then you.

seriously. what's the deal with that guy? is the insane bitching his whole schtick or has he ever thought we're doing things right?

He wants people to do exactly what you're doing and know who he is.

I don't know if you have been watching the line-play over the past month or so...but I think something is going on with Steinbach. Every time I saw JT get 'burned', he was working on an inside rusher that Steiny should have been on.

Either the OL coach has screwed up the assignments...or JT is covering for Steiny and that opens up the outside rush.

Amen 'Dawg- every time I saw JT get beat, he was helping out Steinback to the inside. You can't block two guys at once, doubly the other team's best outside speed rusher at once. Man, the offensive scheming has been abysmal. If Crennel's been calling the shots, he should have been fired weeks ago. If it's Chud, he must be drunk at gametime not to see that stuff and adapt.

I've seen enough of Dorsey to say him and Cribbs should be splitting offensive series. Why they're afraid to let Cribbs throw a pass or three is mind-boggling.

Amen 'Dawg- every time I saw JT get beat, he was helping out Steinback to the inside. You can't block two guys at once, doubly the other team's best outside speed rusher at once. Man, the offensive scheming has been abysmal. If Crennel's been calling the shots, he should have been fired weeks ago. If it's Chud, he must be drunk at gametime not to see that stuff and adapt.

I've seen enough of Dorsey to say him and Cribbs should be splitting offensive series. Why they're afraid to let Cribbs throw a pass or three is mind-boggling.

They know come contract reno time the more he has to negotiate with the better.

But that would be logical.

I pretty much saw the same thing with Thomas(Mario Wiliams manhandled him and Eagles worked him over this week and he didn't exactly slow down Kearse last week) and indeed Dawson was more deserving than most kickers.........including Gost

Guest Masters
I pretty much saw the same thing with Thomas(Mario Wiliams manhandled him and Eagles worked him over this week and he didn't exactly slow down Kearse last week) and indeed Dawson was more deserving than most kickers.........including Gost

Again, you mean the same Mario Williams who finished that game w/ 1 tackle and ZERO sack?!?!?!?

Oh, and if so man handled this year, its funny that one source credits him with giving up ZERO sacks all season http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?statsId=8257

well, dammit, it worked. at least i know to completely ignore him from now on. thanks for the heads-up.

Yeah that should work. Have complete trust in the geni you quoted ......he and Bernie Madow will lead you to the promised land...............Go Browns

Hey guys, don't get me wrong. I like Joe Thomas. I am glad we drafted him. I just think he has not played at a Pro Bowl caliber this year. Last year yes, but not this year. I've seen alot of the games on TV this season (we don't get many Browns games telecast down here in Virginia. It's all Redskins here), and every game the commentators mentioned how JT was playing below average.

I'm sure the injury to Steinbach aggravated things, but I think Phil Dawson would have been a more logical choice over Thomas this year.

Overall I am disappointed with the way both our lines have played this year. Pass protection has been ok, sometimes. Run blocking has been abysmal. The D-line is entirely non-existent except for the one man wrecking crew that is Sean Rogers. Without Rogers I think we'd be in the same boat as Detroit this season.

Yeah that should work. Have complete trust in the geni you quoted ......he and Bernie Madow will lead you to the promised land...............Go Browns

huh? i don't get it. i mean, complete trust, following blindly, yeah, that i understand. what's a geni and who's bernie madow? do you mean bernie madoff? because getting shit wrong all the time definitely lends credence to your argument.

Again, you mean the same Mario Williams who finished that game w/ 1 tackle and ZERO sack?!?!?!?

Oh, and if so man handled this year, its funny that one source credits him with giving up ZERO sacks all season http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?statsId=8257

Man, you got to consider the source of who is flapping his jaws. Him and his moron buddy have been thrown out of here and other websites on a regular basis. These morons ruined a very good ABJ Browns Board with this same non-sense.

You got to consider the sourse. Arguing with them is just feeding the fire.

Guest Masters
Man, you got to consider the source of who is flapping his jaws. Him and his moron buddy have been thrown out of here and other websites on a regular basis. These morons ruined a very good ABJ Browns Board with this same non-sense.

You got to consider the sourse. Arguing with them is just feeding the fire.

Oh I know who they are. I was MIKMAS on the ABJ and all to familiar with them.

Sometimes it's just fun to poke holes in their non-sense.

huh? i don't get it. i mean, complete trust, following blindly, yeah, that i understand. what's a geni and who's bernie madow? do you mean bernie madoff? because getting shit wrong all the time definitely lends credence to your argument.

Good job...........impressive.......yep it was Bernie Madoff.........plus one for you......

did you notice the two assholes who posted after you wasted space discussing me instead of football.........and best spent it on hate messages............

life is fun..........winning in life is even more fun...........stick wit me pal and we can work winning instead of defending losing

We need WR's and RB's and maybe even a QB as priorities........and then a whole defense because we have no defense...............

drafting a OL guy with our pick would would be a peach dough!!!!!!!!!!!!

did i mention firing Sewage should be first priority

Guest Masters
Good job...........impressive.......yep it was Bernie Madoff.........plus one for you......

did you notice the two assholes who posted after you wasted space discussing me instead of football.........and best spent it on hate messages............

life is fun..........winning in life is even more fun...........stick wit me pal and we can work winning instead of defending losing

We need WR's and RB's and maybe even a QB as priorities........and then a whole defense because we have no defense...............

Did you notice how you resorted to name calling and avoided the fact the Mario Williams had 1 tackle and zero sacks against Thomas, who you claimed got man handled by Williams?

Rich, I'll be totally honest with you. Savage is on thin ice, but I don't think he breaks through. Crennell is gone the day after the season ends- or if we lose ugly to the Bungles (a very good possibility) he may not even last that long. Krispy Kreme is getting his rather large pants coached off by the opposition at every turn. Right now we can rename this season "Lost in Space".

If Randy can get Cowher or Marty to agree to HC, and they don't like Savage, he's adios too.

I concur 100% Larry and it would be best if both of them are gone..........ten minutes after the last game is over

Romeo is not a good head coach................and you know my feelings about Sewage

Did you notice how you resorted to name calling and avoided the fact the Mario Williams had 1 tackle and zero sacks against Thomas, who you claimed got man handled by Williams?

That's classic Rich, next someone will lash back and he'll pretend to take the high road and act like everyone hates him and is attacking him over political reasons.

I just keep him on ignore, decided to stop messing with him and Lum.

All I'm getting out of either anymore is "bla bla bla slober on DA's junk or bla bla bla dime a dozen."

Neither have any real football smarts and neither bring any REAL points forward worth discussing.

It seems defenses have found something to exploit in our predictable offensive line schemes steiny is getting overloaded forcing jt to the inside more often leaving an end blitzer with speed the opportunity of the game under certain as needed at will circumstances..

Coaching and predictable play coordinating once again show their fat ugly mugs..

That's classic Rich, next someone will lash back and he'll pretend to take the high road and act like everyone hates him and is attacking him over political reasons.

I just keep him on ignore, decided to stop messing with him and Lum.

All I'm getting out of either anymore is "bla bla bla slober on DA's junk or bla bla bla dime a dozen."

Neither have any real football smarts and neither bring any REAL points forward worth discussing.

Hi tob hi yah doing buddy.......luv yah man..,,,,,,,did yah know the last shutout in a championship was in 1964..........Browns 27..........Colts 0

you can now send more hate mail...............such a good fellow fan you be

keep your hate fest going.......cleanses the soul.......and makes one feel real good in self esteem

Archived