THE BROWNS BOARD

How do you stop a balanced offense like the Falcons?

Oldfan

You make Pro Football fans look bad..The Falcons were in the Superbowl in 1998..to bad we had to face Elway in his last year..do some NFL Football research while you get your foot out of yer mouth there,skippy...LMAO

im not trying to get into anything here

but didnt we play a QB that most people consider to be the greatest of all time?

i know the circumstances are different but it seems to me that facing elite QBs just comes with the trophy. and the saints beat 3 of the best to ever play on their way to their first one

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im not trying to get into anything here

but didnt we play a QB that most people consider to be the greatest of all time?

i know the circumstances are different but it seems to me that facing elite QBs just comes with the trophy. and the saints beat 3 of the best to ever play on their way to their first one

WE? Who the eff are WE, Canton Mike? Which NFL team gives you a paycheck? I thought you were a Browns fan? If by "we" you mean the Saints, I would say, yes, in their playoff run the Saints be P. Manning, Favre, and Warner, a pretty good trifecta.

Hey guys your friendly falcon fan here. STRATO go back to your black and gold forum where you belong. i believe you got bigger things to worry about than the falcons and browns playing. you show alot of class, you look like a real jackass on here. its alright though your just a typical bandwagon fan. :)

LOL..Falcoons suck..Browns kick em a new one...Ask CantonLegend if im a bandwagon...probably old enough to be your daddy..son....yall busted in this thread talkin smack....as usual..you still suck...lol

I like watching two teams from the NFC South getting down insulting each other. It's fun.

LOL...sorry i came to this.....they always show up on our boards and talk chit...and low and behold their here to....lol....they are like a virus ..you catch from that girl at the bus station..cant get rid of it..lol

LOL...sorry i came to this.....they always show up on our boards and talk chit...and low and behold their here to....lol....they are like a virus ..you catch from that girl at the bus station..cant get rid of it..lol

Maybe you should leave the the girls at the bus station alone...just a thought. :blink:

You stop the run and force them to be one dimensional.

I know they have a good QB and receiving corps but it's much easier to call D when you can shut down half of their offense.

This.

Pittsburgh didn't have a problem and that was with a 3rd string QB. The problem for the Browns is they don't have a LB with enough speed to cover Gonzo or a safety to bracket him like Polamalu. Micheal Turner has also lost a step if you ask me.

WE? Who the eff are WE, Canton Mike? Which NFL team gives you a paycheck? I thought you were a Browns fan? If by "we" you mean the Saints, I would say, yes, in their playoff run the Saints be P. Manning, Favre, and Warner, a pretty good trifecta.

Strato said the Falcons had never been in a Superbowl.He said the Saints,Bucs and Panthers had been and we are a disgrace to the NFC South.The Saints and Bucs won their`s ,the Falcons and Panthers lost theirs.I wasn`t trying to play off on "who" played QB..lol

LOL..Falcoons suck..Browns kick em a new one...Ask CantonLegend if im a bandwagon...probably old enough to be your daddy..son....yall busted in this thread talkin smack....as usual..you still suck...lol

Falcoons? what is that? old enough to be my dad? im starting to think i might be old enough to be your dad actually!

AND i believe you busted in first talking shit because you knew falcons fans were here?

This.

Pittsburgh didn't have a problem and that was with a 3rd string QB. The problem for the Browns is they don't have a LB with enough speed to cover Gonzo or a safety to bracket him like Polamalu. Micheal Turner has also lost a step if you ask me.

Well, TJ Ward may be that safety, and as far as the LBs are concerned, the Browns might have one to keep up with him speed wise, as he is older and has lost a few steps, but he certainly continues to have his guile as a TE. That more than his speed is what allows him to continue to be good.

This.

Another point to bring up is that the Falcons have had problems against the 3 - 4 so far this year. Particularly with the lineman getting to the LB's and the second level.

Hopefully they still have problems come Sunday.

This.

It all Depends on how soon can we get to the QB. If Matt Roth has his day then I think we can do enough to slow down their amazing passing attack.

After thinking about this topic question, I would say play a lot of cover 2 and have an offense that can use time consuming drives by running the ball and spreading their defense around by using a lot of screens.

Keep their offense off of the field and take them out of their game plan.

After thinking about this topic question, I would say play a lot of cover 2 and have an offense that can use time consuming drives by running the ball and spreading their defense around by using a lot of screens.

Keep their offense off of the field and take them out of their game plan.

Cover TG..and White and they dont have too much more...the Saints had em beat then as Scott Fujita would say "Our Phat Punk Kicker Choked"...lol

Cover TG..and White and they dont have too much more...the Saints had em beat then as Scott Fujita would say "Our Phat Punk Kicker Choked"...lol

Really? Didnt the Falcons have 200+ yards rushing in that game. And don't forget about the fluke punt recovery. All last year the Saints had miracle plays. You remember Miami? Washington? Bottom line is you make your luck in the NFL.

Really? Didnt the Falcons have 200+ yards rushing in that game. And don't forget about the fluke punt recovery. All last year the Saints had miracle plays. You remember Miami? Washington? Bottom line is you make your luck in the NFL.

well if you call missing a 29 yard chipshot..unlucky then yes...

well if you call missing a 29 yard chipshot..unlucky then yes... and that Miami game was pure comeback by Drew Brees ,,i suggest you rewatch that one...and washington..was hard fought ....but champions find ways to win when it counts.....hence the Lombardi

Its appropriate to end this thread with quotes from Fujita:

(On giving up 100 yards rushing and the play of the defense) - “The big part of it was that one long run. It was a long run, take that away, I don’t know how bad it was but those long runs count too. It was disappointing, but again, that is one of the better running games in (NFL) football. (They are) probably the most balanced offense overall in football. They’re tough to prepare for. Overall, I thought our guys played well, it’s just a couple of big plays. You add it all up and those big plays kill you.”

(On the losing another close game) - “It’s tough, I feel like we’re better than our record. We’re 1-4 and I feel like we’re better than that. But you are what your record says you are in this league. That’s the bottom line. So we’ll come back. We’ve got some divisional play coming up here and that’s where we’ve got to turn things around.”

(On the progress of Atlanta QB Matt Ryan) - “It’s tough to even say progress because he (QB Matt Ryan) was good from Jump Street. He came out as a rookie and was pretty efficient early on in his career. Someone was asking me the other day how I thought about him as a young quarterback. I don’t even consider him a young quarterback. This is a guy who is seasoned already and played well from the beginning.

Archived