THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Windhorst follows LeBron to South Beach

CLEVELandMILIDH

Plain Dealer's Brian Windhorst headed to ESPN to cover Heat

– Mon Oct 4, 1:27 pm ET

By Garrett Downing, NewsNet5/WEWS-TV

Three months after LeBron James announced he is "taking my talents to South Beach," now former Plain Dealer reporter Brian Windhorst is joining him, ESPN.com announced today .

Windhorst will help launch a new ESPN website dedicated to covering the Miami Heat, which will be called “The Heat Index.” The site is committing two full-time beat reporters to covering the team, and will also feature content from ESPN’s various platforms.

According to CNBC’s Darren Rovell, Windhorst said “It’s been a long-term goal to be on their NBA staff. I have a long history with LeBron, but I will cover him as a member of the Heat, not as an ex-Cav.”

Windhorst covered the Cavs for the Plain Dealer and the Akron Beacon Journal, and has also written two books about LeBron. During the past few years, Windhorst has elevated himself into the upper-echelon of NBA writers, and ESPN has featured his work on numerous occasions

Plain Dealer's Brian Windhorst headed to ESPN to cover Heat

– Mon Oct 4, 1:27 pm ET

By Garrett Downing, NewsNet5/WEWS-TV

Three months after LeBron James announced he is "taking my talents to South Beach," now former Plain Dealer reporter Brian Windhorst is joining him, ESPN.com announced today .

Windhorst will help launch a new ESPN website dedicated to covering the Miami Heat, which will be called “The Heat Index.” The site is committing two full-time beat reporters to covering the team, and will also feature content from ESPN’s various platforms.

According to CNBC’s Darren Rovell, Windhorst said “It’s been a long-term goal to be on their NBA staff. I have a long history with LeBron, but I will cover him as a member of the Heat, not as an ex-Cav.”

Windhorst covered the Cavs for the Plain Dealer and the Akron Beacon Journal, and has also written two books about LeBron. During the past few years, Windhorst has elevated himself into the upper-echelon of NBA writers, and ESPN has featured his work on numerous occasions

It makes sense - he made his money by following and writing about Lebron. If Lebron were to retire prematurely, then his trouble begins.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived