THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Jurivicius done for season

Guest AdaM

ESPN is reporting that a league source has confirmed there is a 99% chance JJ will be deactivated for the rest of the season. It is currently unknown weather or not he will attempt a comeback next year. He has said in the past that this would be his last season but he does have one year left on his contract.

I hope he can come back at full strength next year and be a red-zone / 3rd down threat.

I wouldn't quite say he's done career-wise, yet. He's an 11 year vet, not ancient. He has the entire rest of the season and off-season to rehab and get into peak condition for next year. My hunch is that he will stay because he truly wants to help his favorite team finally get a SB victory.

Guest ATENEARS

I always thought we should have went after him when he became available after his stint in Tampa. We brought him in too late in his career for him to really help us.

We definately need someone like him among the WR's that runs consistient quality patterns and is a true pro.

Stallsworth is a different type of receiver, what we need to do is have Winslow fill in for Joe with the inside routes. Theres an article about how Braylon talks about how he hates running the inside routes and feels a lot more comfortable stretching the field. He talks about how much Joe is missed this year because Joe used to run all the inside routes and do it well. Well Winslow can easily do that, put him out there in the slot, have him run out for more passes and have Hieden be our inside TE, because he will block much better then Winslow and Hieden can still be a threat with the inside TE routes.

Archived