THE BROWNS BOARD

T.J. Ward

DawgPoundPitt

That's bit of an exaggeration dontchya think?

Bengals fans? Ask a whining wussy if they thought an injury was cheap or dirty? No thanks, I'd rather ask an infant about rocket science.....probably get a more rational answer.

Question- how do you break a guy's jaw if you didn't hit him in the head? Here's the kind of shit Ward gets away with, and pisses off opposing fans. ALL equivalent to TJ's hit- and go and tell me most of those shots had ANYTHING to do with the play. The play was freaking OVER when he zonked Davin Holly.

And I'm not on the guys case just because he happens to play for the Steelers- I'd detest him just as bad if he played for any other team. With the new shots to the head rule- looks like Wards going to have to clean up his act because it's gonna be "Fines for Hines".

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A split-second after Shipley failed to catch a pass from Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer in the end zone, Ward unloaded on the rookie wideout, sending him sprawling to the turf. Ward claims he led with his right shoulder, but television replays clearly show him making contact with Shipley's helmet."

-And this is why I hate the media including ESPN with their biased reporting. It is clear by the video that he DID lead with his shoulder. There was a little helmet contact but the big blow was his SHOULDER hitting the helmet. They make it sound like it was helmet to helmet when it wasn't.

"Ward was aware that Mike Pereira, former NFL vice president of officiating, said in an interview with the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the league should fine the 23-year-old a minimum of $25,000 for a hit he described as "one of the worst I've seen in a while."

-This is seriously a joke because their have been several helmet to helmet hits this year while Wards was shoulder to helmet. I agree the penalty was warranted, and a small fine as well- just not $15,000 considering Suh was only fined like $2,500!

Question- how do you break a guy's jaw if you didn't hit him in the head? Here's the kind of shit Ward gets away with, and pisses off opposing fans. ALL equivalent to TJ's hit- and go and tell me most of those shots had ANYTHING to do with the play. The play was freaking OVER when he zonked Davin Holly.

And I'm not on the guys case just because he happens to play for the Steelers- I'd detest him just as bad if he played for any other team. With the new shots to the head rule- looks like Wards going to have to clean up his act because it's gonna be "Fines for Hines".

On 4 occasions on this video Ward did his blocking by leading with his helmet. As far as I know that is supposed to be illegal, but beyond that, I simply have to say that it is somewhat of a miracle that he doesn't have a compressed vertebrae in his neck or worse. I think he is kind of lucky. At this point in his life and career I doubt that he wants to continue to do that sort of thing or else he could be spending the rest of his days in a wheelchair being fed by a tube.

Nice video.....it shows a series of quality hits! The only one that is even borderline is the one on Holly, the rest are exactly what you teach football players to do.

And the one on Holly is very similar to the hit that this thread is all about.

SOUR GRAPES!

I was thinking it was more the one on Reed that was the worst. He lowered his head and hit Reed directly with his helmet. But, as I said, to me, that play looked like it could have been ultimately more dangerous to Ward than to Reed. Frankly, it looked like Ward could have snapped his f**king neck on that play. (courtesies to the Longest Yard)

Quick video I put together, Im gonna do a complete one once I get some more video of him.

"The Warden" is his new handle, copyrighted by me.... <_<

You can add a couple of good hits on Roddy White after this weeks game.

The Warden is in the House!

Owens translation:

"Waaaaa, the Browns don't just give up passes all day anymore, waaaaaa"

NFL translation:

"Waaaaa, The Browns aren't one of our chosen teams, waaaaaaaa"

Palmers translation:

"Waaaaaaaa, we lost the game and their defense means business now, waaaaaa"

whine whine whine.

If it had been a hit by Pollymaulyouwithhishair, there would have been a 50 dollar fine.

Winning teams get the juice, the NFL likes the $$$$.

I love T.J. Ward's play. That one hit didn't quite turn out like he meant it, but it's a fast game.

The Browns have to play big, it's a big play game.

1. These clips are from past years before the helmet to helmet sissy rules started.

2. If you watch closely you will see that he leads with his face mask and not the crown of his helmet.

Were they from before the head to head rules started? I kind of question that. I am understanding that those rules have been around about 10 years.

And on the Reed hit, I don't know what you are watching. It is clearly the smack dab top of his helmet that he lays into Reed's throat.

Like I said, that one was foolish on his part....for his own sake. Forget about the guy he hit. That his looked like a paraplegic maker...for him.

Quick video I put together, Im gonna do a complete one once I get some more video of him.

"The Warden" is his new handle, copyrighted by me.... <_<

Dude, nice editing, but "Bodies Hit the Floor". Come on, 99% of all NFL compilations use this dumb f*cking song

See my post for song suggestions.

Not gunna lie....i loved the TJ Ward hit on shipley...yea hes gunna get fined, but i think it shows that he will light someone up if you come across him. Yes it lead to a TD but still we need that intimadator in our D and hes showing he can be that guy

Looking though this thread I see a lot of comments at the very least tacitly approving the hit, yet these are some of the same people who bitched high and low about another Ward being a cheapshot artist extraordinaire...

It's this kind of dimwitted hypocrisy and stubborn refusal to aknowledge talent elsewhere that makes being a Brown's fan here kind of hard

Looking though this thread I see a lot of comments at the very least tacitly approving the hit, yet these are some of the same people who bitched high and low about another Ward being a cheapshot artist extraordinaire...

It's this kind of dimwitted hypocrisy and stubborn refusal to aknowledge talent elsewhere that makes being a Brown's fan here kind of hard

When did I ever say Hines Ward wasn't talented? IMO, he's borderline HOF, and if he stays healthy a few more seasons, he's a lock.

BTW, I'm done arguing with Stone- he can believe whatever he wants to about HW, and it sure isn't going to change my opinion any on the matter. Not only in denial what a cheap shot looks like presented conclusive video evidence, he's clueless to what the term "spearing" means.

When did I ever say Hines Ward wasn't talented? IMO, he's borderline HOF, and if he stays healthy a few more seasons, he's a lock.

BTW, I'm done arguing with Stone- he can believe whatever he wants to about HW, and it sure isn't going to change my opinion any on the matter. Not only in denial what a cheap shot looks like presented conclusive video evidence, he's clueless to what the term "spearing" means.

Perhaps who and who is not a "dirty" player is purely a subjective matter. Perhaps Stone thinks subjectively that Hines is not a dirty player. Unfortunately for him, subjectively, Ward's peers perceive him and voted him the dirtiest player in the NFL. Is that unfair? Ward and Steeler may subjectively think so. Nevertheless that perception is out there. Is perception reality?

Oh my. Coming from that paragon of positive lockerroom dynamics known as TO. All I can say is "Oh my". This is why teams were beating down the door for you this season T.O..

Personally, I'm kind of tired of hearing everyone's opinion on what TJ Ward's intent was. So, if you believe the talking heads, he deliberately intended to hurt Shipley. He took a cheap shot. I don't think that anything you see on film is going to tell you that. It was a good hit that was a little too high and therefore illegal.

When Erik Smith knocked the snot out of Anquan Boldin in 2008, he was running full speed and initiated the hit. The other DB hit Boldin from behind and Boldin then rotated to a position where Smith struck him helmet to helmet. The game moves fast and sometimes the aggressor can't change his vector to avoid an illegal hit.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Welcome to the NFL Jordan.

To bad he didn't light up Ocho Cinco like that!!!! He is an even bigger jerk now that he has TO on his team. And by the way I don't think that hit was dirty. Led with shoulder. But their helmets did hit so it should have been penalized. And I don't think Hines Ward takes cheap shots either. That is just good hard hitting football. And if anybody here is going to bash TJ Ward and not Hines Ward or vice versa then they are just crazy. And if they are going to cry about either one then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go be a BENGALS fan because you will fit right in. I mean it PLEASE GO because you don't deserve to have the right to be called a BROWNS FAN.

Good cutting on the video... you might want to add some of this big college hits to the collage in the meantime... I'm still leaning towards the monicker TRAUMA WARD.

Archived