THE BROWNS BOARD

Hot Sauce..what do you keep

ballpeen

Ok, everyone uses a drop of hot sauce every now and then, so what do you use and how do you use it??

I have narrowed mine pretty much to 6 different sauces which i use in various ways.

Texas Pete vinegar. You can't eat spinach, collard or mustard greens without some Texas Pete...and I eat a lot of cooked greens. And those peppers last a long time. When about out, just pop the top and add more white vinegar and wait a day or so to use again....you can do that 4-5 times.

Tabasco...who doesn't have a bottle?? Great on eggs or hash brown potatoes...the multi purpose hot sauce.

Skyline hot sauce. A notch up the heat scale from Tabasco....a nice finishing touch with Chili ....I guess that's why they serve it. I always stop for lunch in northern Ky. after my Browns games and pick up a bottle or two a year.

Cholula...the hot sauce of Mexico....you know, has the wooden cap...a real chili flavor without a great deal of heat. Great when you make the Taco Bell run and they short you packs of taco sauce, and very excellent in Bloody Mary's. A lot less vinegar than the others.

Sriracha...you have seen it in every oriental restaurant you have ever eaten....a hot chili taste, you don't need much. I find it the secret ingredient in sauces and soups....but use it a small amount at a time. It's thick and full of pepper. A bottle lasts a long time and it doesn't take much to make a dish out of balance. The secret to hot sauce isn't to make things hot....it's to make a dish better....anybody can make something hot. There is no art in that.

Kahn's Island Sauce....I love this stuff. If I want to add a Jerk flavor to my food, this is the stuff...it's as hot as it gets, but temper it with some fruit flavors and it works. Some apricot jam with some of this for a pork loin and you have a winner. It also works in a Bloody Mary for those who like a heavy horseradish but want a exotic flavor....maybe garnish with a pickled okra and Feta stuffed olives as it is low on the vinegar and high on the jerk flavor.

I make a good peach salsa with this stuff.

I'm not big on hot, but I use Texas Pete hot sauce on burritoes I make, and in

a pot of dried beans. If I ever get around to making meatloaf, I'll use a few drops in that.

Haven't tried any in omelets. May try it in the morning since you mention it. Unless my arm is aching (boo hoo) a bit too much...

the physical therapy is getting tougher and tougher. Probably because I don't ice it much after I do the exercizes at home. @@

Ok, everyone uses a drop of hot sauce every now and then, so what do you use and how do you use it??

I have narrowed mine pretty much to 6 different sauces which i use in various ways.

Texas Pete vinegar. You can't eat spinach, collard or mustard greens without some Texas Pete...and I eat a lot of cooked greens. And those peppers last a long time. When about out, just pop the top and add more white vinegar and wait a day or so to use again....you can do that 4-5 times.

Tabasco...who doesn't have a bottle?? Great on eggs or hash brown potatoes...the multi purpose hot sauce.

Skyline hot sauce. A notch up the heat scale from Tabasco....a nice finishing touch with Chili ....I guess that's why they serve it. I always stop for lunch in northern Ky. after my Browns games and pick up a bottle or two a year.

Cholula...the hot sauce of Mexico....you know, has the wooden cap...a real chili flavor without a great deal of heat. Great when you make the Taco Bell run and they short you packs of taco sauce, and very excellent in Bloody Mary's. A lot less vinegar than the others.

Sriracha...you have seen it in every oriental restaurant you have ever eaten....a hot chili taste, you don't need much. I find it the secret ingredient in sauces and soups....but use it a small amount at a time. It's thick and full of pepper. A bottle lasts a long time and it doesn't take much to make a dish out of balance. The secret to hot sauce isn't to make things hot....it's to make a dish better....anybody can make something hot. There is no art in that.

Kahn's Island Sauce....I love this stuff. If I want to add a Jerk flavor to my food, this is the stuff...it's as hot as it gets, but temper it with some fruit flavors and it works. Some apricot jam with some of this for a pork loin and you have a winner. It also works in a Bloody Mary for those who like a heavy horseradish but want a exotic flavor....maybe garnish with a pickled okra and Feta stuffed olives as it is low on the vinegar and high on the jerk flavor.

I make a good peach salsa with this stuff.

Used Tabasco on the C-rations way back in the day. Don't really care for it anymore. Get Acid Reflux sometimes and hot sauce doesn't help. I do like Pace salsa on just about anything though.

You can go to any Walmart or Sams club and pick up a jar (gallon size) of jalapenos for about 3 bucks, also add some cayenne powder. And that will spice up any salsa mix.

I also like to get cayenne peppers and slice them up real thin and cook them in a little lime juice and add to it.

If you do it right it will take the paint off of any car.

Used Tabasco on the C-rations way back in the day. Don't really care for it anymore. Get Acid Reflux sometimes and hot sauce doesn't help. I do like Pace salsa on just about anything though.

It was the only way to make the beans with white weenies close to edible. I don't think there was much meat in the weenies.....mostly globs of lard....pack the most calories in to a small tin.

Add enough hot sauce and you can make a dog turd taste like hot sauce.

Archived