THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns will not score an offensive touchdown this year

bugzilla

Before I asked this as a question. I'm now stating it as a fact. The Browns will NOT score an offensive touchdown the remainder of this season. If Romeo is still the coach next year then I doubt they will score one next year either. It is simply impossible with this inept offense to get in the end zone. The biggest problem is still dropped passes. The next is the pathetic offensive line.

I say start trading just about everyone. Trade Anderson. Trade Edwards. Trade Winslow. Heck, at this point I'd say trade Joe Thomas.

The Steelers won't even be playing their backups because they'll need to win that game most likely.

We'll score a TD on the Bengals. We've come somewhat close against the Titan and Eagle D, we can get one against Cincy.

Before I asked this as a question. I'm now stating it as a fact. The Browns will NOT score an offensive touchdown the remainder of this season. If Romeo is still the coach next year then I doubt they will score one next year either. It is simply impossible with this inept offense to get in the end zone. The biggest problem is still dropped passes. The next is the pathetic offensive line.

I say start trading just about everyone. Trade Anderson. Trade Edwards. Trade Winslow. Heck, at this point I'd say trade Joe Thomas.

You may be right about not scoring an offensive TD. One of the mysteries of life how we can look so inept with essentially the same players we had last year. Only guys missing are Tucker and Joe J.

If I had to blame anyone, I'd blame the coaching staff. Fortunately, Romeo is gone December 29th- I'll bet the ranch on it. Teams have adjusted to their scheme, and the Browns haven't made the counter adjustments IMHO. Savage gets negative points for so-so drafting. Edwards (known bad hands @ UM) Joe Thomas- no brainer. Quinn- jury is still out entering year three. (thanks to Romeo) Wimbley is looking mighty mediocre again this year.

NO you don't blow the whole thing up and start over. Anderson is gone, or will be a backup to Quinn next year. We're not paying his roster bonus. Aside from Edwards dropitis, the next most discouraging thing is Jamal Lewis. Guy has definitely lost his burst, and should be considered strictly a short yardage back. I doubt you pay a guy $2 million to do that.

You may be right about not scoring an offensive TD. One of the mysteries of life how we can look so inept with essentially the same players we had last year. Only guys missing are Tucker and Joe J.

If I had to blame anyone, I'd blame the coaching staff. Fortunately, Romeo is gone December 29th- I'll bet the ranch on it. Teams have adjusted to their scheme, and the Browns haven't made the counter adjustments IMHO. Savage gets negative points for so-so drafting. Edwards (known bad hands @ UM) Joe Thomas- no brainer. Quinn- jury is still out entering year three. (thanks to Romeo) Wimbley is looking mighty mediocre again this year.

NO you don't blow the whole thing up and start over. Anderson is gone, or will be a backup to Quinn next year. We're not paying his roster bonus. Aside from Edwards dropitis, the next most discouraging thing is Jamal Lewis. Guy has definitely lost his burst, and should be considered strictly a short yardage back. I doubt you pay a guy $2 million to do that.

We have big problems in the front office and without sweeping that 10 year festering mess up no qualified coach in his right mind will ever come to cleveland the real question is will randy do everything needed to attract quality candidates to brownstown for once...

I registered just so I could come over here and whine (in a petty and selfish way).

Thanks to Ken "Big Bucket of Fail" Dorsey, I lost my fantasy league playoff after leading the league all season long :angry:

But I knew I was sunk on Sunday - even though my opponent needed 18 points to win - when I saw he had Philly's D against the Browns pitiful, pitiful offense.

Still, I was ahead until Dorsey's final INT. Then, when there was a mere flicker of hope, the Browns' **** DEFENSE scored. The DEFENSE for cryin out loud! :o I was screaming for somebody in green to tackle McDonald at the 1 or 2 yd line just to give the offense a fighting chance to score. But no.

You faithful Browns fans have my sympathy.

I confess I'm a Saints fan, having lived in New Orleans for waaaay too long, but I've liked the Browns ever since my dad pointed to Jim Brown on our old black and white TV and said, "There's the best football player you'll ever see." At least you Cleveland fans haven't had 40 years in the wilderness like the Saints have.

Good luck next year, and I hope Quinn is worth the wait.

can we have Reggie Bush pleaaaase ?

Franky, a lot of us Saints fans are seeing Bust -- uhh, BUSH --- as a liability, someone you have to go out of your way to make useful. Of course, part of that perception also pertains to our coach, who often seems too clever for our own good. Not much smashmouth football is played by Bush or the Saints. But at least we score. I think you guys will be OK when you settle on a QB.

Archived