THE BROWNS BOARD

Miami and Parcells

Solon16

Steady not great QB, Two really good RB's, solid Offensive line, average to no name wr's....BALL CONTROL, i.e. 10 turnovers in 14 games.

Defense... Brand new scheme(don't hear about learning curve), Tough football players, love the game, team first mentality, and standout 3-4 rush LB(although i fking hate him).

It's coaching, The running game and stopping the run! When will the Browns get a Running back worth a shit or a run stopping LB worth a shit....it's maddening!!!

Sometimes and angry bastard has to come in and put his foot up half the teams' asses when they spent too much time getting fluff treatments from a "players' coach" and whip them all back into shape.

I'm all for it here.

It's coaching, The running game and stopping the run! When will the Browns get a Running back worth a shit or a run stopping LB worth a shit....it's maddening!!!

Defense... Brand new scheme(don't hear about learning curve), Tough football players, love the game, team first mentality, and standout 3-4 rush LB(although i fking hate him).

I agree. You need to love playing football and hating to lose is very important. Those are the guys who suck it up when things look bad and find a way to win

My 2 cents -

Guys like DA ... yes DA ... that regardless of the crap they get shoved down their throat, still show some grit and keep trying to make something of nothing, definitely help the situation. Cribbs, Lewis and a few others have the attitude too, but even with that many players trying to get the team going, a candyass coach like RAC and manager, can undermine all the push that the players try to spread.

I do not want DA back and sincerely hope BQ becomes a mature leader. I believe Jamal Lewis is spent, but his attitude can go a long way IF this team had someone that showed they gave a shit about the outcome of the game, disciplined and created foucs for guys like Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow and several others.

Parcells was a 'players coach' the first time the Giants went to the Superbowl. The next year they finished last in their conference, because he was still buddy buddy with so many. He got his ass chewed and got pissed off the next year and the Giants were back again. He's been a prick ever since, but that DOES go a long way. A coach that follows suit to the team with a guy like Parcells, creates a winning aggressive team.

Sometimes and angry bastard has to come in and put his foot up half the teams' asses when they spent too much time getting fluff treatments from a "players' coach" and whip them all back into shape.

I'm all for it here.

I Agree! Romeo looks like the babysitter that no one will listen to.

It's coaching, The running game and stopping the run!

Or, just maybe, it is the Dolphins' easier schedule (as of today, their opponents' combined record is 101-123).

Or, just maybe, it is the Dolphins' easier schedule (as of today, their opponents' combined record is 101-123).

I think you may have nailed it mz the pussy.... I sounds like One and Done ! Dolphins NOT as Good as they think. As far as Porter he is a PLAYMAKER... and a Positive in the Locker room , so that helps with Parcells.

As for the Browns a Killer Schedule...All those Injuries Early in the Year...DA being Overpaid and Over Rated ...And Romeo is a tad short in the Motivational side of things. I still say you guys are not That far from jumping back into a playoff contender. Make the right moves and have a year where things go your way in Health and stuff like that , and things could turn around quickly. Just MHO.

As far as Porter he is a PLAYMAKER... and a Positive in the Locker room , so that helps with Parcells.

I didn't agree with the orig. poster's assertion that Porter is a "me guy" by the way. That's a ridiculous assertion.

He may be a tad out of control off the field, but he is a team player to be sure.

Guest Masters
I think you may have nailed it mz the pussy.... I sounds like One and Done ! Dolphins NOT as Good as they think. As far as Porter he is a PLAYMAKER... and a Positive in the Locker room , so that helps with Parcells.

As for the Browns a Killer Schedule...All those Injuries Early in the Year...DA being Overpaid and Over Rated ...And Romeo is a tad short in the Motivational side of things. I still say you guys are not That far from jumping back into a playoff contender. Make the right moves and have a year where things go your way in Health and stuff like that , and things could turn around quickly. Just MHO.

MIA schedule wasn't necessarily as easy as it looked on paper to start the season. Of course I am one that believe the strenght of schedule is never truly known until the season is over. Even PITs didn't end up as tough w/ CLE tanking and JAX tanking as well. But thanks to the heroics of Ben, they are right at the top like usual.

RAC and DA were certainly the biggest factors in CLE failure this year (more RAC than anything). But you are right, w/ a right HC change, a new back (or Harrison seeing more time), and a few upgrades on D, CLE will be right back in the hunt next year.

I didn't agree with the orig. poster's assertion that Porter is a "me guy" by the way. That's a ridiculous assertion.

He may be a tad out of control off the field, but he is a team player to be sure.

Yes Over emotional... But he is a Force to be dealt with.

Archived