THE BROWNS BOARD

ANDERSON gets the last laugh?

miktoxic

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson is the best QB the BRowns had in the new era ... there is no debate.

You obviously know nothing about football. Tim Couch was a much better QB than Anderson. Anderson has posted some of the worst numbers in NFL history. 2 for 17? Less than 50% completion percentage? Sucking so bad he was benched in favor or crappy Quinn? Throwing INT after INT to lose to the Bengals and miss the playoffs? How does that make him the best? You sir are pathetic.

One good year. Couch was the best, when he wasn't buried under 3 linebackers.

I think Couch suffered from the same thing that hurt Linhart. College was fairly easy for them then they got the keys to the castle.

I was at a Browns raiders game way back when couch was still the starter 01' I think. The Browns came to Oakland at 2-0 on the opening drive went down the field and scored then after the Raiders scored a few processions later the Browns went 3 and out Couch walked off the field while the rest of the offence jogged he shrugged his shoulders and I swear the season went down hill from there.

You obviously know nothing about football. Tim Couch was a much better QB than Anderson. Anderson has posted some of the worst numbers in NFL history. 2 for 17? Less than 50% completion percentage? Sucking so bad he was benched in favor or crappy Quinn? Throwing INT after INT to lose to the Bengals and miss the playoffs? How does that make him the best? You sir are pathetic.

I think he's basing his stats on the fact that DA is the only Browns QB to make it to a Pro Bowl in the new era.

A few good games does not a career make. Plus he only made it because everyone else didn't feel like playing.

You're right, his 3,787 yards and 29 touchdowns had nothing to do with it. Any other year, those stats would have gotten him in outright probably. That year, it just so happened a couple QBs had the hot hand.

Although I do agree, one year doesn't prove anything. All it proves is that when he has a legitimate deep threat that actually has thumbs, he's a real QB. But take that away and he's nothing.

You're right, his 3,787 yards and 29 touchdowns had nothing to do with it. Any other year, those stats would have gotten him in outright probably. That year, it just so happened a couple QBs had the hot hand.

Although I do agree, one year doesn't prove anything. All it proves is that when he has a legitimate deep threat that actually has thumbs, he's a real QB. But take that away and he's nothing.

His horrendous completion % and terrific number of interceptions has nothing to do with his wide receivers. Tim Couch had way worse receivers yet still posted better career numbers. Anderson played with the best supporting cast ever. Yet he couldn't even make it to the playoffs.

His horrendous completion % and terrific number of interceptions has nothing to do with his wide receivers. Tim Couch had way worse receivers yet still posted better career numbers. Anderson played with the best supporting cast ever. Yet he couldn't even make it to the playoffs.

His horrendous completion percentage and number of interceptions had a great deal to do with his wide receivers. There were an inordinate amount of dropped balls in '08 and '09. At one time we had something like 10-15 a game. And he was forced to throw into tight coverage on many occasions because we've never had a receiver who can get seperation.

I'm not putting all the blame on them, because DA made some horrible, horrible decisions. But if you think that his receivers were completely fault-free, then you are crazy.

This team needs receivers, plain and simple. That will end these QB woes. A great WR makes even the shittiest QB look good, not the other way around.

One good year. Couch was the best, when he wasn't buried under 3 linebackers.

Couch was drafted Number 1 with a team of has beens and washouts. He is lucky he survived his brief NFL career. The guy was sacked so many times I'm sure he has suffered severe bodily damage.

His horrendous completion percentage and number of interceptions had a great deal to do with his wide receivers. There were an inordinate amount of dropped balls in '08 and '09. At one time we had something like 10-15 a game. And he was forced to throw into tight coverage on many occasions because we've never had a receiver who can get seperation.

I'm not putting all the blame on them, because DA made some horrible, horrible decisions. But if you think that his receivers were completely fault-free, then you are crazy.

This team needs receivers, plain and simple. That will end these QB woes. A great WR makes even the shittiest QB look good, not the other way around.

I disagree. Peyton Manning makes guys look good. I could probably catch 30 passes for 3TD in a season with Manning throwing me the ball. Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie would suck on the browns. Brandon Stokely sucked as soon as he left the Colts. Good thing I had him on my fantasy team the year he caught 10 TD's. Anyways Anderson played with our best group of receivers ever. And he still sucked. and please stop exaggerating. the browns never dropped 10-15 passes a game while Anderson played. the guy can't even complete a screen pass.

I disagree. Peyton Manning makes guys look good. I could probably catch 30 passes for 3TD in a season with Manning throwing me the ball. Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie would suck on the browns. Brandon Stokely sucked as soon as he left the Colts. Good thing I had him on my fantasy team the year he caught 10 TD's. Anyways Anderson played with our best group of receivers ever. And he still sucked. and please stop exaggerating. the browns never dropped 10-15 passes a game while Anderson played. the guy can't even complete a screen pass.

It's not an exaggeration. I'm positive that near the end of 2008, when we all had the dropsies, NFL Live counted the number of dropped passes in one game and it was 10-11. I'll try to find it if I can, but that definitely happened. Hell, Braylon alone dropped 1-2 a game.

And you are right, Peyton does make his receivers look great. But Peyton is also a lock for the Hall, and one of the greatest passers ever. And defenses have had to scheme against Peyton and Reggie and Marvin for so long that it would leave the rest of the wideouts open. Even now that Marvin's gone, teams still have to respect Reggie in the deep zones, and play him with a cushion or double cover him. That's going to free up Garcon, Gonzales, Collie, and any other receiver they have. That just proves how much having a legitimate deep threat WR helps a team gameplan.

What I was trying to say is that, ultimately, the WR determines if the catch is made. You can place a perfect ball in a shitty WR's hands and he drops it. Or you can throw the perfectly timed comeback route but the WR isn't there because his route running is bad. You can throw up a perfect deep pass that a bad WR can't get to because he can't beat the press.

That's what we've faced for the past 10 years. No QB we've ever had could have put together a Pro Bowl season with the stable of receivers we had. Maybe Anderson did have the best talent we've had for years. But that talent was still pretty much dogshit compared with what the rest of the league puts out on Sundays.

And yeah, he sucked donkey dick at screen passes.

I think Couch suffered from the same thing that hurt Linhart. College was fairly easy for them then they got the keys to the castle.

I was at a Browns raiders game way back when couch was still the starter 01' I think. The Browns came to Oakland at 2-0 on the opening drive went down the field and scored then after the Raiders scored a few processions later the Browns went 3 and out Couch walked off the field while the rest of the offence jogged he shrugged his shoulders and I swear the season went down hill from there.

Dude, Linhart inherited a Super Bowl caliber team, you're way off. Couch got the keys to a one bedroom trailor, Linhart to a 7 bedroom house in Avon.

In fact Tim Couch is one of the biggest busts ever yet his career passer rating is still higher than Andersucks. Andersuck is a franchise wrecker. People fall in love with his rocket arm and are fooled into thinking he is good. He's a joke.

Injuries cannot classify a guy as a bust. Way off. I agree he was better then Anderson.

In fact Tim Couch is one of the biggest busts ever yet his career passer rating is still higher than Andersucks. Andersuck is a franchise wrecker. People fall in love with his rocket arm and are fooled into thinking he is good. He's a joke.

Anderson's a franchise wrecker? He came in and took a 4 win team to 10 wins. Next season, despite numerous injuries/tough schedule/rotating lineup, he came in and was 3-5, winning three of last five then was replaced by the fan fave Quinn... that's when the team tumbled. Blame it on ownership, maybe even fans, but Anderson gave the Browns the best run they've had in years.

Anderson's a franchise wrecker? He came in and took a 4 win team to 10 wins. Next season, despite numerous injuries/tough schedule/rotating lineup, he came in and was 3-5, winning three of last five then was replaced by the fan fave Quinn... that's when the team tumbled. Blame it on ownership, maybe even fans, but Anderson gave the Browns the best run they've had in years.

Ownership and the fans didn't throw all those interceptions and incomplete passes. And ownership didn't cause him to complete barely 50% of his passes in 2008. He never took the Browns to the playoffs either. So I don't know how you figure he gave us the best run ever. You could argue that freaking Kelly Holcolmb put together more clutch games than Anderson.

Ownership and the fans didn't throw all those interceptions and incomplete passes. And ownership didn't cause him to complete barely 50% of his passes in 2008. He never took the Browns to the playoffs either. So I don't know how you figure he gave us the best run ever. You could argue that freaking Kelly Holcolmb put together more clutch games than Anderson.

We got screwed out of the playoffs by Indy. Not by Anderson.

It's not an exaggeration. I'm positive that near the end of 2008, when we all had the dropsies, NFL Live counted the number of dropped passes in one game and it was 10-11. I'll try to find it if I can, but that definitely happened. Hell, Braylon alone dropped 1-2 a game.

And you are right, Peyton does make his receivers look great. But Peyton is also a lock for the Hall, and one of the greatest passers ever. And defenses have had to scheme against Peyton and Reggie and Marvin for so long that it would leave the rest of the wideouts open. Even now that Marvin's gone, teams still have to respect Reggie in the deep zones, and play him with a cushion or double cover him. That's going to free up Garcon, Gonzales, Collie, and any other receiver they have. That just proves how much having a legitimate deep threat WR helps a team gameplan.

What I was trying to say is that, ultimately, the WR determines if the catch is made. You can place a perfect ball in a shitty WR's hands and he drops it. Or you can throw the perfectly timed comeback route but the WR isn't there because his route running is bad. You can throw up a perfect deep pass that a bad WR can't get to because he can't beat the press.

That's what we've faced for the past 10 years. No QB we've ever had could have put together a Pro Bowl season with the stable of receivers we had. Maybe Anderson did have the best talent we've had for years. But that talent was still pretty much dogshit compared with what the rest of the league puts out on Sundays.

And yeah, he sucked donkey dick at screen passes.

I'm sure Couch could have that year. We had a solid line, a RB who rushed for over 1000 yards and Winslow is a Pro Bowl tight end period, and Joe Thomas is a Pro Bowler. Edwards even caught Anderson's inaccurate passes that year. Couch never had those kind of weapons. We also had a crappy schedule against defensively challenged teams. Yet we managed to lose to those crappy teams and miss the playoff due to Anderson throwing the ball to the other team repeatedly. And the common denominator between teams that suck is poor QB play. I don't think Randy Moss made any QB on the Raiders look good. Poor QB play is the reason the Browns suck not poor WR.

I'm sure Couch could have that year. We had a solid line, a RB who rushed for over 1000 yards and Winslow is a Pro Bowl tight end period, and Joe Thomas is a Pro Bowler. Edwards even caught Anderson's inaccurate passes that year. Couch never had those kind of weapons. We also had a crappy schedule against defensively challenged teams. Yet we managed to lose to those crappy teams and miss the playoff due to Anderson throwing the ball to the other team repeatedly. And the common denominator between teams that suck is poor QB play. I don't think Randy Moss made any QB on the Raiders look good. Poor QB play is the reason the Browns suck not poor WR.

Maybe Couch could have. Hell, maybe Holcomb could have. But could just doesn't cut it. Couch never made a Pro Bowl. Anderson did. That's the end of it. Couch led us to the playoffs, then didn't do shit. Anderson made it to the Pro Bowl, and then didn't do shit. Either way, neither one of them is here now.

And the two go hand in hand. It's pretty hard to have spectacular QB play and shitty WR play, and vice versa. The two positions are reliant on each other. Poor offense in general is why we suck.

We got screwed out of the playoffs by Indy. Not by Anderson.

What football do you watch? The Browns controlled their own playoff destiny with a simple win over a crappy Cincinnati team. Sadly Anderson decided it was a good day for him to throw 4 INTs. If we had won that game we would have been in automatically even if we lost the following game to San Francisco. Plus we also lost to the Raiders and Chiefs that year because of pick sixes or multiple interceptions thrown by Anderson. Those were really crappy teams to lose to.

What football do you watch? The Browns controlled their own playoff destiny with a simple win over a crappy Cincinnati team. Sadly Anderson decided it was a good day for him to throw 4 INTs. If we had won that game we would have been in automatically even if we lost the following game to San Francisco. Plus we also lost to the Raiders and Chiefs that year because of pick sixes or multiple interceptions thrown by Anderson. Those were really crappy teams to lose to.

Shit the way it went down we WOULD have won the damn division at an 11-5 record, as Pittsburgh lost their last game of the season.

None of it was Anderson's fault. Steelers loss was Fry's fault. Raiders game was kicker's fault. Patriots loss was cheater Bilichik's fault. Second steeler game was D's fault. Cards was officiating fault. Cincy game was OC's fault. etc.

I think he threw 4 int's in Cincy game on purpose. He wanted to crush your dreams and he succeeded. Now he's in AZ reading these posts laughing and saying: I really taught that Webster guy a lesson.

...so yeah he gets the last laugh.

Since you responded to a comment about the 2008 season... Do you even remember the 2008 season? Anderson started it with a concussion and not having practiced for 3 weeks, his first practice was Tuesday before the 1st game and it had to be inside because he was having troubles with sunlight from the concussion, Edwards hadn't practiced in nearly a month, KW2 was inneffective and rumored to be playing injured, Stallworth was out for several weeks. Steptoe was a starter. Heiden was playing with a cast on his hand. The Browns primary receivers... KW, BE and Stallworth... were on the field during the same game ONCE in the first 8 games. Add to that there were injuries and shuffling of the O line the first half of the season. When they yanked DA the Browns had won 3 of the last 5 and were'nt playing all that poorly on the offensive side of the ball, and they'd played Pitt, NYG, BAl X2 and WAS... if I recall correctly, that's 5 of the toughest games of the season right there, several had good defenses.

Couch might have had problems.

Since you responded to a comment about the 2008 season... Do you even remember the 2008 season? Anderson started it with a concussion and not having practiced for 3 weeks, his first practice was Tuesday before the 1st game and it had to be inside because he was having troubles with sunlight from the concussion, Edwards hadn't practiced in nearly a month, KW2 was inneffective and rumored to be playing injured, Stallworth was out for several weeks. Steptoe was a starter. Heiden was playing with a cast on his hand. The Browns primary receivers... KW, BE and Stallworth... were on the field during the same game ONCE in the first 8 games. Add to that there were injuries and shuffling of the O line the first half of the season. When they yanked DA the Browns had won 3 of the last 5 and were'nt playing all that poorly on the offensive side of the ball, and they'd played Pitt, NYG, BAl X2 and WAS... if I recall correctly, that's 5 of the toughest games of the season right there, several had good defenses.

Couch might have had problems.

Nah, he dont remember. :lol:

He's got selective memory. As I recall before the season started majority of this board thought Browns were headed to SB, because Browns are awesome and everyone else sucks! Well...other teams didn't have injuries and other unanticipated problems that hit Browns hard. 9-7 in 2008 would've been great success and 7-9 is more realistic outcome. You can build on that. But thanks to piss-poor management it was a disaster.

Browns remind me of a guy playing poker that goes all in every round. Not the smartest strategy. Try winning 6 games 2 years in a row...just a thought.

ummm you guys are debating about 2008? Why not debate about why we lost to Tampa? I like DA now and then...... I wish him well and think he will be just fine either as a starter, backup, out of the league whatever. He is not a Brown now so..... ( I do like underdogs and probably will still watch with interest) But he is NOT a Brown for the 2010 season.

Lets see what happens THIS year and debate about our current players.

Thank you, DA was shipped out of town and is NO LONGER A BROWN for a reason.

Why do none of these people ever post unless it's about DA. You were wrong regardless, stop drudging up our shitty past and shitty ex-Browns QB's.

Thanks.

I know the cure for talking about the ghost of ex brown quarterbacks, is winning. If we don't win, then the complains start coming in.

Yeah,

God forbid you can ever give DA any credit. Even though he's out of town and on to greener pastures......Did you even see that pass (TD) to Fitz...he rolled out nicely, kept his poise and threw a bullet to Fitz for the TD....That combo will only get better and he's the one who's 1-0 and watched the Browns get a*s smacked by the Yuckaneers.

I must admit am pulling for DA to have a nice year and playoff bound in the NFC west. He could have been the man in Cleelin but the fans had to Je*k Off the local kid and screw everything up.....If DA get a win in Atlanta next week...this board will be very interesting to read...especially if the Browns lose again to the Chiefs <_<

Ya know G, we've seen that stuff out of Anderson- plenty of times. Like throwing a laser between three defenders for a TD, and then next series, tossing the ball 10' over a RBs head on a swing pass. Erratic as hell, and the stats for the game tend to make me believe NOTHING has changed with DA. It's going to take more than one road win against a crappy team to make me believe Derek has turned the corner. Get back to me on how DA looks @ the bye week- after he's played Atlanta, San Diego, and New Orleans.

If he does well, great- he's a decent guy. If not, it will prove Holmgren knew what he was doing when he dumped him. As to the playoffs, the NFC West is arguably the weakest division in the league- and anyone could win it.

Archived