THE BROWNS BOARD

ANDERSON gets the last laugh?

miktoxic

DA targeted larry fitzgerald 15 times

15 TIMES.......he ended the day with only 3 catches......DA has bright spots just like any other QB......laying the occassional deep bomb right into the receivers arms

but can you blame larry fitzgerald for the 12 incompletions on the 15 targets?.......if you've watched the cardinals you can agree that the kid catches everything within a mile of his arms reach

FWIW this is my first week on these boards so you cant comment on my past opinions or thoughts on DA.....i give credit where credit is due.

DA was 19 of 26 with everyone else on the roster. DA's been the "starter" for all of 10 days or so, Fitzgerald was out for a month, and he's apparently not moving all that well yet. They've never played together. There are timing issues. If he and Fitzgerald start connecting 75% of the time (I don't really believe it'll get that high) he'll be leading a very potent offense.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DA was 19 of 26 with everyone else on the roster. DA's been the "starter" for all of 10 days or so, Fitzgerald was out for a month, and he's apparently not moving all that well yet. They've never played together. There are timing issues. If he and Fitzgerald start connecting 75% of the time (I don't really believe it'll get that high) he'll be leading a very potent offense.

and 22 of 41 overall

if you look at his career stats thats about the right percentage of completed passes that he will have this season. i imagine his completion percentage will go up simply because of the talent at WR but lookin at his overall career i cant see it goin up that much.......the cardinals offensive line looks a lot like the browns when he played here

DA targeted larry fitzgerald 15 times

15 TIMES.......he ended the day with only 3 catches......DA has bright spots just like any other QB......laying the occassional deep bomb right into the receivers arms

but can you blame larry fitzgerald for the 12 incompletions on the 15 targets?.......if you've watched the cardinals you can agree that the kid catches everything within a mile of his arms reach

FWIW this is my first week on these boards so you cant comment on my past opinions or thoughts on DA.....i give credit where credit is due.

What matters is that he hit him when it counted in the enz zone... :mad:

On what planet is this a plausible thread?

Fitzgerald yelled at Anderson multiple times throughout the game.. he was frustrated after DA threw yet another gopher ball to a different zip code after LF worked himself open.

Every single person who apologizes for DA can drink a big tall glass of shut the **** up.

GIVE IT A FUC'N REST ALREADY!

The dude is gone....doesn't play here anymore...

Can't we just let this Anderson vs Quinn "SUCKFEST"... RIP

Hey!...I'm just commentting on a post.....I didn't start the thread!!!!!!!!..

it's just a curiosity with DA now being in AZ......

Change your tampon dude!! :angry::angry:

I still don't know why the hell you even post here. You mock the CAV's and the Browns. You just bored or what?

Geeze another sensitive Cleelander...

I did not start the thread about DA...I just keep it real and you have a hard time with it,.....This was my first reply and already I'm offending you...

and Hey!...I didn't mock the Cav's in about a week now... :lol::lol:

On what planet is this a plausible thread?

Fitzgerald yelled at Anderson multiple times throughout the game.. he was frustrated after DA threw yet another gopher ball to a different zip code after LF worked himself open.

Every single person who apologizes for DA can drink a big tall glass of shut the **** up.

Yeah but Breaston was happy huh...complete 7 for 7 to him for a sh*t load of yards...

Breaston had no complaints!!.

Yeah but Breaston was happy huh...complete 7 for 7 to him for a sh*t load of yards...

Breaston had no complaints!!.

I know, man! Friggen scrub Breaston is playing a game of his life and that has nothing to do with QB? Right....

Once Beanie is back in the game, it's going to get ugly...

Seriously guys. Anderson is terrible. He has been cut twice from teams with crappy QB's. Then people get pumped up when he barely beats the stinking Rams. These are probably the same people who thought he was a HOF after whipping the Rams and the 1-16 Miami Dolphins in 2007. Anderson will never be a good QB. He has never been accurate and never will be. He couldn't complete even 50% of his passes last year. Anderson has always been known for a good game here and there (remember the Giants?). But ultimately he will show his true colors and be garbage like he has always been.

Seriously guys. Anderson is terrible. He has been cut twice from teams with crappy QB's. Then people get pumped up when he barely beats the stinking Rams. These are probably the same people who thought he was a HOF after whipping the Rams and the 1-16 Miami Dolphins in 2007. Anderson will never be a good QB. He has never been accurate and never will be. He couldn't complete even 50% of his passes last year. Anderson has always been known for a good game here and there (remember the Giants?). But ultimately he will show his true colors and be garbage like he has always been.

Maybe...but at least give him his props when he deserves it..He got a road win yesterday and was just given the starting gig a week ago.....It seems to kill Browns fans to see this guy do anything good.....

See the problem is ...you either have to be a HOF (QB in Cleelin or you suck)...the bar is set just a bit too high ya think...

If Jake doesn't get the win this week at home...he's gonna be the next victim........ trust me..

Let the games begin... :wacko:

Maybe...but at least give him his props when he deserves it..He got a road win yesterday and was just given the starting gig a week ago.....It seems to kill Browns fans to see this guy do anything good.....

See the problem is ...you either have to be a HOF (QB in Cleelin or you suck)...the bar is set just a bit too high ya think...

If Jake doesn't get the win this week at home...he's gonna be the next victim........ trust me..

I agree that if Jake gets beat by the Chiefs, the hate will be severe. But Jake is only a temporary solution to a big problem.

Dude Anderson sucks. Look at his career numbers and tell me he doesn't suck. Sipe, Kosar and Testeverde are not HOF's but they were solid QB's who got the job done. I'd rather have the bar set high than set low. I'm glad Anderson is off our team. He is much worse than Tim Couch or Kelly Holcomb.

It's not like Jake was overwhelming in the beating of powerhouse Tampa Bay yesterday. Let's face it, the Browns problems the last few years go beyond QB. A change of faces was needed for both parties. Hopefully at season's end both the Browns and Anderson will come out ahead of the games by the offseason moves made this year.

DA wasnt an accurate passer for the browns

the difference is that the browns dont have a WR that jumps miles into the air and can catch a ball that is 10 feet out of reach

Larry Fitz is better than any other WR the brownies have or had while DA played here

braylon was about as close as it gets but hes about to be a 2nd WR in new york

DA has a strong arm but his accuracy is lacking greatly......lots of QBs could throw it up to the cards WRs

and dont forget......who is in the rams secondary again?

He wasn't accurate when he was here and he wasn't accurate yesterday either..22 of 41 is barely over 50% completions. It was good enough to win yesterday but it was hardly a great performance.

I'd still take Jake/Seneca over Anderson/Quinn.

He wasn't accurate when he was here and he wasn't accurate yesterday either..22 of 41 is barely over 50% completions. It was good enough to win yesterday but it was hardly a great performance.

I'd still take Jake/Seneca over Anderson/Quinn.

Amen to that. Although Jake/Anderson is better combo and not necessarily in that order.

Why so much faith in Wallace? Just mind boggling...

Dude Anderson sucks. Look at his career numbers and tell me he doesn't suck. Sipe, Kosar and Testeverde are not HOF's but they were solid QB's who got the job done. I'd rather have the bar set high than set low. I'm glad Anderson is off our team. He is much worse than Tim Couch or Kelly Holcomb.

I'm not comparing DA to anybody!!!...The guy went out on Sunday, got the job done and walked away with a win......

That's what it's all about...of course he's not Joe Montana...but it'll be interesting to see how he responds being the man without a Queen and all Queens fans bashing him...week after week.

I'll give you Bernie and SIpe..but c'mon..Vinnie was an interception machine...

Cards 1-0

Browns 0-1 and counting...

I'm not comparing DA to anybody!!!...The guy went out on Sunday, got the job done and walked away with a win......

That's what it's all about...of course he's not Joe Montana...but it'll be interesting to see how he responds being the man without a Queen and all Queens fans bashing him...week after week.

Cards 1-0

At least Vinnie made the playoffs something Anderson has never done and probably never will do. I don't understand why so much love for a quarterback who had only 5 good games as a Brown. He sucks way worse than Couch ever did. Get it through your thick skulls. Andersuck got benched for Quinn last year and couldn't even complete 50% of his passes. Then people are applauding that he used a playoff roster to barely beat the worst team in the league. Browns will have a better record by years end.

Cards 1-0

If he keeps playing the way he did Sunday he will be hearing the name Max Hall instead of Brady Quinn. It tends to happen when you continuously perform well below standards.

You're ignorant

O that's what my problem is. Thanks doctor!

Did you watch any Seahawks games with Wallace starting? I'm guessing no. But you're here to tell me I'm ignorant. Did they fill stupid people quota on Steelers forum, so you came here? Try again. They might be expanding.

O that's what my problem is. Thanks doctor!

Did you watch any Seahawks games with Wallace starting? I'm guessing no. But you're here to tell me I'm ignorant. Did they fill stupid people quota on Steelers forum, so you came here? Try again. They might be expanding.

Now you just proved your ignorance, wallace had a higher qb rating and completion percentage every single year compared to anderson (2006-2009).

Lifetime INTs thrown

Wallace: 14

Anderson: 45 (wallace has been ion the league 1 year longer too and yes I added that extra year to wallace's INT stat)

Of course there are areas in which andersons stats beat wallace like TD's and yards but the TD comparison is only won by anderson due to his 2007 season where he had 29.

You're ignorant and bias.

Now you just proved your ignorance, wallace had a higher qb rating and completion percentage every single year compared to anderson (2006-2009).

Lifetime INTs thrown

Wallace: 14

Anderson: 45 (wallace has been ion the league 1 year longer too and yes I added that extra year to wallace's INT stat)

Of course there are areas in which andersons stats beat wallace like TD's and yards but the TD comparison is only won by anderson due to his 2007 season where he had 29.

You're ignorant and bias.

Hmm. May be. But have you considered a slight possibility that Seneca's numbers are better because he was a back-up all this time. And when he did play, he played low risk offense similar to Ken Dorsey, Charlie Fry, Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, etc.

Think about this: When AZ coach was asked what made difference in his choice of starting QB, he said: First downs. Now I'm sure he's stupid cuz you gots to look at the stats, but that's how most of the employed coaches think.

Jake will throw INT's but he will also get 1st downs and TD's. You won't have that with Seneca, he'll play safe. His QB rating will be great too. He just won't win any games.

...and thanks for calling me ignorant. It means a lot coming from someone like you.

Hmm. May be. But have you considered a slight possibility that Seneca's numbers are better because he was a back-up all this time. And when he did play, he played low risk offense similar to Ken Dorsey, Charlie Fry, Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, etc.

Think about this: When AZ coach was asked what made difference in his choice of starting QB, he said: First downs. Now I'm sure he's stupid cuz you gots to look at the stats, but that's how most of the employed coaches think.

Jake will throw INT's but he will also get 1st downs and TD's. You won't have that with Seneca, he'll play safe. His QB rating will be great too. He just won't win any games.

...and thanks for calling me ignorant. It means a lot coming from someone like you.

Hoe many games has Andersuck won in the last 2 years?

Wallace is a #2 that was my point and anderson has played like a #3 qb his entire career except for 2007. You actually said that you'd rather have delhomme/anderson here and not in that order necessarily. A qb who makes smart (safe) choices as opposed to taking a risk every throw and forcing something that isn't there will in fact win more games. This is rather pointless you're obviously an anderson fan boy still to this day.

We are in a division that has top notch defense. JD played is a less intense division with some good goto receivers. DA in 07 had KW JR, Joe J and Braylon Edwards who atleast can stretch the defense.

Let us first find a team WR's and TE's as good as the one we had in 07 before we talk DA or JD. Right now it is a moot point.

Archived