THE BROWNS BOARD

You brahs aware the Bucs are gonna stomp that ass out on Sunday?

Bucky Biceps

I base my opinion on Freeman on what I saw from him last year and the physical traits he possesses. That's not a hard concept to grasp is it?

No, not at all. But, like I said, it is 50/50 that he will be all that and a bag of chips. Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith etc. etc. etc. all showed physical traits that one would perhaps think lead to success. You hope he does well...and he might. But then he might not.

Delhomme has been awful in recent years. Just remember that... and remember that I warned you.

We know all about it. But we also know that he is a potential upgrade from what we had. We know that at his age he is a stop gap (but then, the Cardinals thought that about Kurt Warner, so who knows)

You have a good O-line. I wasn't saying you didn't. I was saying it's not anything to brag about that it's better than the Bucs'

You are going to have to do better to show anyone that the Bucs O-Line is anywhere as good as the Browns. We have 3 potential Pro Bowlers. They opened up gaps last year that allowed a veritable unknown running back get the third highest rushing yards in a game in NFL history. So, do more to convince us.

K2 played well for us last year. Why is that so hard for you guys to accept? Facts don't seem to impress you guys.

We know all about K2. We know all about the "facts". K2 shares the Browns record for most catches in a season. He is OK, but, he ain't his daddy.

As for the defense. Our starting defense played lights out in the preseason. And don't even talk about what our defense did all last year. If you're going to bring up last year, bring up the second half when we fired the guy that made our defense suck, and put a guy in charge that brought the defense up to 12th in the league through that final stretch. And it's only gotten better. You'll find out on Sunday.

You want to talk about preseason? The Browns defense was rated 5th best in the preseason. Take a look from NFL.com:

1 Carolina Panthers 4 13 52 240 206.8 3.4 12.2 14 57 25 1 2 50 23 182 29:44 10 6

2 Pittsburgh Steelers 4 15.2 61 225 239.5 4.3 15.8 13 47 28 1 3 33 30 249 28:19 2 1

3 New York Jets 4 16.8 67 233 251.0 4.3 13.0 18 57 32 1 4 25 22 162 25:49 10 5

4 Atlanta Falcons 4 14.2 57 241 253.8 4.2 15.8 24 59 41 0 2 0 25 200 28:23 3 1

5 Cleveland Browns 4 22 88 234 271.2 4.6 16.5 16 51 31 1 2 50 18 137 28:32 8 4

But this don't mean a thing. Its freeking preseason. As for what happened in the second half, well, lets just say that the Brownd defense improved greatly, probably by about an average of 10 points a game given up. (but OK, they were so pathetic in the first half that they had nowhere to go but up. They held 2 of their opponents under 10 points a game, including the Steelers and the Raiders.

and lol if you think special teams consists of only your returner and long snapper. The Bucs special teams has statistically been one of the best units in the league for a few years now.

OK, but, they were not better than the Browns. The Browns were #1 in the league with a KO return against avg. with 18.9. The Bucs were 2d with a 19.1 average.

On punt return coverage they had the exact same average.

On punt returns average Browns had an 11.7 avg., Bucs 11.6.

Kickoff return Bucs had a 26.3 avg., Browns 23.3. But Browns had 3 returns for TDs.

On FG Kicking, the Browns were one of the best in the NFL 23 of 25 for 92%. The Bucs kickers were the very worst in the league at 16 of 26 for 61.5%

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jake freaking Delhomme. And gave away Anderson, and Quinn. It's okay Browns fans, I feel for you. We USED to make crappy moves all the time, misevaluate and never develop players, too. We let Steve Young go for a few bucks. We almost share a kindred spirit in that regard. I'm so glad we are turning the corner, and not stuck with Jake freaking Delhomme.

Jake freaking Delhomme. And gave away Anderson, and Quinn. It's okay Browns fans, I feel for you. We USED to make crappy moves all the time, misevaluate and never develop players, too. We let Steve Young go for a few bucks. We almost share a kindred spirit in that regard. I'm so glad we are turning the corner, and not stuck with Jake freaking Delhomme.

1/10

Nice attempt though buddy. ;)

I dunno. I'll check on that for you. Here's a stat you will love. K2 had 77 receptions last year. He had MORE than your TOP TWO receivers COMBINED. And his 5 TD's? Yup, you guessed it, just as many as your top-2 receivers. And you got rid of Brady Quinn, and Derrick Anderson for..............Jake freaking Delhomme!!!!

LMAO!!!!

The point is, Delhomme IS an upgrade from those two. No one is claiming he is the reincarnation of Otto Graham, but he is better than what we had. (and probably better than what you will have on the field)

The decision to bring him in and have him take over was made by Mr. Mike Holmgren, who knows a thing or two about QBs having coached Montana, Young, Favre, Hasselbeck etc.

The point is, Delhomme IS an upgrade from those two. No one is claiming he is the reincarnation of Otto Graham, but he is better than what we had. (and probably better than what you will have on the field)

The decision to bring him in and have him take over was made by Mr. Mike Holmgren, who knows a thing or two about QBs having coached Montana, Young, Favre, Hasselbeck etc

You hope he is, anyway. Honestly, the only way Delhomme beat us the last few years was by handing the ball off. If CLE can run the ball at will you will win. If Jake starts flinging the ball around, it's over. Just look up his regular season stats from last few years. (pre-season means nothing)

If you think Delhomme is an upgrade over Anderson and Quinn................maybe it's just something in the water in CLE. I had a girlfriend from CLE once and she was definetly not "right".

Look, this shows that you clearly have no clue about the Browns QB situation last year. It was disastrous. The Browns couldn't move the ball.

Yes, Delhomme IS an upgrade over Anderson and Quinn....and you probably won't find a single Browns fan, Browns player, Browns front office person, or NFL front office person that wouldn't agree with that.

Again, no one is saying Delhomme is Brady or Manning...but IS better than what we had.

Look, this shows that you clearly have no clue about the Browns QB situation last year. It was disastrous. The Browns couldn't move the ball.

Yes, Delhomme IS an upgrade over Anderson and Quinn....and you probably won't find a single Browns fan, Browns player, Browns front office person, or NFL front office person that wouldn't agree with that.

Again, no one is saying Delhomme is Brady or Manning...but IS better than what we had

I don't doubt that you believe that. I can relate. Like I said, we all thought Steve Young was a bust in TB. In retrospect, it is just difficult to evaluate a player on a team that totally sucks. Maybe Anderson or Quinn would have been better if they had a real target to throw to? WR's who get open are great to have. You didn't. Ever think of THAT?

You hope he is, anyway. Honestly, the only way Delhomme beat us the last few years was by handing the ball off. If CLE can run the ball at will you will win. If Jake starts flinging the ball around, it's over. Just look up his regular season stats from last few years. (pre-season means nothing)

What we can tell from preseason is that Jake had confidence in throwing the ball and in leading the offense. Last year neither of the guys we had could do either.

If Jake starts flinging the ball around, one of 3 things will happen: he will complete his passes (he was at like 80% in preseason...but yea, that's preseason), the ball will be off target and incomplete, or it will be intercepted. If he throws too many Ints. then he will be pulled and Seneca Wallace will be inserted. So, nothing will be "over", just revised.

I don't doubt that you believe that. I can relate. Like I said, we all thought Steve Young was a bust in TB. In retrospect, it is just difficult to evaluate a player on a team that totally sucks. Maybe Anderson or Quinn would have been better if they had a real target to throw to? WR's who get open are great to have. You didn't. Ever think of THAT?

TI.gif

Of course I f**cking believe it. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it. Moreover, Mike Holmgren, Tom Heckert and Eric Mangini believe it.

And of course I f**cking thought about the receiver issue. Here was the problem with Quinn and Anderson: despite the untested nature of the receivers they were throwing to, they still could not get the ball to them when they were open. Having better receivers would have only exacerbated the problem of their ineptitude.

Ohh damn, did I strike a nerve? LOL. I understand your frustration. After all I'm a Bucs fan. But, you still have crappy WR's THIS year.

Didn't Massoquoi lead the NFL in drops? Nothing deflates a QB's confidence like a young WR who never gets open, and when he does, he drops the ball.

I really liked the wacking off line. That was incredibly witty. A real sharp sense of humor you have there.

Yeah, it made you drop that stupid arm icon and flex references though, didn't it?

I'm sure you give a whole new meaning to "pumped up".

Oh, that's right. You cut a 2009 2nd round LB(ouch) and picked up one of our scrub CB's that couldn't make it on our team. Thanks for reminding me. :D

Did he come from the Bucs? I didn't even know that. Nevertheless, don't know what you are complaining about. It evened out that CB/LB ratio you were bitching about.

As for Veikune being a bad pick, yea, OK, obviously. The guy that chose him (Kokinis) is no longer here and was apparently impressed merely by the fact that he went to USC. Better to cut the losses than to live with the mistakes I suppose..

Ohh damn, did I strike a nerve? LOL. I understand your frustration. After all I'm a Bucs fan. But, you still have crappy WR's THIS year.

Didn't Massoquoi lead the NFL in drops? Nothing deflates a QB's confidence like a young WR who never gets open, and when he does, he drops the ball.

No, no, no. That was the guy they got rid of: Braylon Edwards. It just goes to show you how much this team thought of Edwards that they were willing to ditch his stones of hands and leave the receiving corps in the hands of rookies like MoMass and Robo.

No, you really do have it all bassackwards. It was the confidence of the young WRs that the QBs could not hit when they were open. They are both seemingly doing quite well with Jake throwing to them.

Cutting the losses is the key to building a good team. One year with a bad draft pick on the roster is one year of wasted development of a young player. GM's are always alot quicker to cut loose of someone else's mistakes than their own, unfortunately.

Well, unfortunatly the Browns have had numerous years where they have had bad high draft picks. No one is even debating that.

WE HAVE THE BEST PLAYER THAT WILL BE ON THE FIELD SUNDAY IN JOSH CRIBBS

Cool. You have one guy who is the king of the 'kill the carrier' game. Too bad his kickoff return yardage was more than your top-6 receivers combined last year. He's going to need alot of big returns if you plan on winning the game on Sunday. You have a sorry Qb and no WR's.

Cool. You have one guy who is the king of the 'kill the carrier' game. Too bad his kickoff return yardage was more than your top-6 receivers combined last year. He's going to need alot of big returns if you plan on winning the game on Sunday. You have a sorry Qb and no WR's.

Well if that's not the pot calling the kettle black...

The best player on the field won't be Josh Cribbs. It will be Joe Thomas. Cribbs might be second best. Aside from that Josh Cribbs HAS made a lot of big returns that HAVE won games for the Browns. And, FYI, Josh Cribbs IS one of those receivers. And FYI, the Browns passing game, being a somewhat modified WCO, is going to rely on passes as much to the backs and to the TEs as to the WRs.

I am not giving away any secrets here when I say that in the passing game your team will need to pay as much attention to Vickers/Hillis/Harrison/Davis out of the backfield and Watson/Moore/Royal at TE....and Josh Cribbs in the slot (and on reverses just to get the ball in his hands) as they will have to worry about MoMass, Robiskie or Stuckey.

We could go unit by unit and compare these teams:

QB: Delhomme a has been? Maybe. Freeman is a never was and probably never will be.

Running game: Browns were 8th in the league. Harrison and Hillis will roll.

OL: Convince me that the Bucs have anyone as good as Thomas, who is the best in the game, or Steinbach or Mack.

WR/TE: K2 is perhaps functional. Browns TE position is done by committee. WR position probably a wash.

Defense: Ours isn't great, but what do the Bucs have? A worse defense

Special teams: Browns may in fact have the best in the league.

The difference is our OL and special teams...and the belief that the veteran Delhomme will be able to perform better than the unproven QB the Bucs have

Defense: Maybe equa

Listen brosephina, Delhomme got benched for Matt Moore last year. I mean bro, seriously. Matt Moore bro. And he had Steve Smith to work with in Carolina. Freeman is already well ahead of Delhomme(just check last year's stats).

The running game last year took off near the end during your cute little streak near the end, but bro one expects it to stay that way. If Jerbro Harrison was a legitimate starter, he wouldn't have been replaced by Montaribro Hardesty, a rookie. Who's injured, by the way. This one's a tossup.

OL is another tossup. Faine is one of the best centers in the league, Penn is a great bro-lineman, and Vincent will improve things this year as well.

Winsbro is more than functional, he was one of the best TEs in the league last year. And our WRs are clearly better this year with Williams being a strong RotY candidate and Stroughter as a great second option. Please, bro.

The defense is also much better than the Browns. Unlike yours, ours greatly improved once Morris took over as Defensive Brodinator. And that was with the 55 year old Chris Brovan. This year we have McCoy and Price ready to own some bros. And Ronde Brober knows Delhomme like the back of his pimp hand. This one isn't even close, bro.

The Bucs special teams was actually ranked the best last year, statistically. Josh Cribbs is a dudebro, no doubt, but you have to defend special teams too. We were numero bruno on kick return defense last year. Oh, and we're so broverloaded with special teams talent, we just let Clifton Smith go because there wasn't enough room for him.

wegotasituationhere.gif

i like the douchebag that comes on to the browns forum talks an amazing amount of shit about us and our team and then when people reply with the like he/she says that there isn't any football related responses and all he has is some gay clip art of a steroid gym freak flexing his biceps. you are the biggest quiff ever to post on this forum. so you can dig up some pics and vids...............wow BRAH (are you serious surfer fag) what a genious. go take your pewter and red turd tickler and shove it up your tired and abused, fist-xxxxed ass. BRAH. yeah and i'm 5' 11" and 200 lbs. too. WTF. i'll run over you like a bag of hair faggot. where do you live?

Listen brosephina, Delhomme got benched for Matt Moore last year. I mean bro, seriously. Matt Moore bro. And he had Steve Smith to work with in Carolina. Freeman is already well ahead of Delhomme(just check last year's stats).

First off, I ain't a wigger like you, so don't call me bro, Shirley. Secondly, I am well aware of Jake's baggage. We all are.

But, at least the guy had a positive track record before he had a negative track record, and Holmgren and Heckert felt good enough to take a chance on him making a comeback. Other guys, like Kurt Warner, have been successful in that regard. Thus, with the Browns pathetic situation at QB warranted taking a chance on a has been perhaps rather than a couple of guys that simply couldn't get the job done. (Remember Brad Johnson...kicked off 2-3 teams before making a comeback with all y'all)

The running game last year took off near the end during your cute little streak near the end, but bro one expects it to stay that way. If Jerbro Harrison was a legitimate starter, he wouldn't have been replaced by Montaribro Hardesty, a rookie. Who's injured, by the way. This one's a tossup.

Harrison was never replaced by Hardesty. Hardesty was brought in to supplement Harrison. Most teams are doing the ole running back by committee. The Browns were no different. Remember, we had Jamal Lewis running the ball in front of Harrison. He simply was one of the best runners of all time. Harrison took over duties for him before he got injured.

I don't even know who the Bucs have at RB, so I guess you'll have to clue us in on that.

OL is another tossup. Faine is one of the best centers in the league, Penn is a great bro-lineman, and Vincent will improve things this year as well.

Faine and Mack might be a match. But you got no one to match Joe Thomas, perhaps the best OL in the entire league.

Winsbro is more than functional, he was one of the best TEs in the league last year. And our WRs are clearly better this year with Williams being a strong RotY candidate and Stroughter as a great second option. Please, bro.

Please what? As I see it, it is a wash. Both teams are relying on young WRs

The defense is also much better than the Browns.

UHH wrong. Did you not see the statistics I posted? Go back and look them over. Yardage wise Bucs were slightly ahead of Browns (both were bad 27th vs 31) . Points wise the Browns gave up fewer.

Unlike yours, ours greatly improved once Morris took over as Defensive Brodinator. And that was with the 55 year old Chris Brovan. This year we have McCoy and Price ready to own some bros. And Ronde Brober knows Delhomme like the back of his pimp hand. This one isn't even close, bro.

Unlike? Bull. Exactly like. Again, you must have missed my post. Browns D greatly improved over the last part of the season, maybe more than the Bucs (but admittedly they needed to improve a great deal). Ask Ben AngrySheepDog (Roethlisberger), who landed on his back 8 times and scored all of 6 points against the Browns D that last game.

The Bucs special teams was actually ranked the best last year, statistically. Josh Cribbs is a dudebro, no doubt, but you have to defend special teams too. We were numero bruno on kick return defense last year.

UH, actually, no. I provided those stats too. Browns were #1 with 18.9 avg. Bucs 2d with 19.1

Oh, and we're so broverloaded with special teams talent, we just let Clifton Smith go because there wasn't enough room for him.

wegotasituationhere.gif

Archived