THE BROWNS BOARD

You brahs aware the Bucs are gonna stomp that ass out on Sunday?

Bucky Biceps

And when you're done reading that, I present to you an invitation to suck it.

Because the Browns will be the Bucs on Sunday. And guaranteed you won't post in here after that. You'll be nursing your asshole for the next 16 weeks, while your team is getting raped by the rest of the NFL. Tell me, how does the cellar of the NFC South smell? Put some posters up, make yourselves at home, you're going to be there for a while.

Man, that was highly uncalled for.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're a tool.

And that's not worthless name calling. That's just an observation.

The Browns won't win 70-0, the Bucs won't win 68-2.

But, in all honesty, I'd be surprised if we weren't the favorite. No matter what your opinion, fact of the matter is that Jake Delhomme will be looked at as a superior QB than Josh Freeman for a while. I'm not showing bias, I'm stating fact. Delhomme has been to a Super Bowl, has had back to back to back 3,000 yard passing seasons, holds an NFL Super Bowl record, is the all time passing leader for the Panthers, and has thrown for at least 3,000 yards every season he's started 16 games. What Josh Freeman needs to do is put together a winning season to even be considered as a superior QB.

Once again, none of that is bias. I'm not a big Jake fan. I'm just stating the obvious.

And save all that "blah, blah, he threw 18 INTs last season" bullshit for someone who gives a shit. One instance does not make it a habit. It's just the exception that proves the rule.

We'll see what happens on Sunday. It's not like we have any influence on the situation anyway.

Put down your walker and stop living in the past, bro. Last year Freeman's QB rating was higher than Delhomme's.

tumblr_kvx5ot3m7O1qzpdf6o1_400.gif

Put down your walker and stop living in the past, bro. Last year Freeman's QB rating was higher than Delhomme's.

tumblr_kvx5ot3m7O1qzpdf6o1_400.gif

Isn't last year also the past?

And Brady Quinn's was higher that Freeman's. Look where that got Quinn. Same place I expect Freeman to be, buried on the bench.

If you're going to try and make a point, make one that doesn't suck.

You're a tool.

And that's not worthless name calling. That's just an observation.

The Browns won't win 70-0, the Bucs won't win 68-2.

But, in all honesty, I'd be surprised if we weren't the favorite. No matter what your opinion, fact of the matter is that Jake Delhomme will be looked at as a superior QB than Josh Freeman for a while. I'm not showing bias, I'm stating fact. Delhomme has been to a Super Bowl, has had back to back to back 3,000 yard passing seasons, holds an NFL Super Bowl record, is the all time passing leader for the Panthers, and has thrown for at least 3,000 yards every season he's started 16 games. What Josh Freeman needs to do is put together a winning season to even be considered as a superior QB.

Once again, none of that is bias. I'm not a big Jake fan. I'm just stating the obvious.

And save all that "blah, blah, he threw 18 INTs last season" bullshit for someone who gives a shit. One instance does not make it a habit. It's just the exception that proves the rule.

We'll see what happens on Sunday. It's not like we have any influence on the situation anyway.

Hope you have an absorbent pair of undies on... Bucs ARE in fact favorites.

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

Anyway... Nowhere did I say Freeman was much better than Delhomme. I simply said Delhomme held his team back for the last few years and anyone that's familiar with the Panthers knows it.

It's obvious you're too stupid to read what we're saying, or you're just in denial. Either way... Delhomme is trash, and you will soon see it first hand. I still can't believe so many of you think this guy is your Kurt Warner.

Bucs will finish with a better record than the Browns this year.

I'll come back to confirm that in January as well.

Hope you have an absorbent pair of undies on... Bucs ARE in fact favorites.

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

Anyway... Nowhere did I say Freeman was much better than Delhomme. I simply said Delhomme held his team back for the last few years and anyone that's familiar with the Panthers knows it.

It's obvious you're too stupid to read what we're saying, or you're just in denial. Either way... Delhomme is trash, and you will soon see it first hand. I still can't believe so many of you think this guy is your Kurt Warner.

Bucs will finish with a better record than the Browns this year.

I'll come back to confirm that in January as well.

I'm very surprised to read that. Oh well, all I can say is that the lines have a habit of changing right before kickoff.

I live in South Carolina, most of my friends are die hard Carolina fans, and I've been to more Panthers games than Browns games. I'd say I'm pretty familiar with the Panthers. And I've made the same argument you're currently making numerous times. I've constantly been under the impression that Delhomme never was the QB needed in Carolina, he just doesn't have the deep ball accuracy for it.

Any QB with a rocket arm could have gone into Carolina and handed the ball off to any one of their numerous skilled backs they've had for the past 10 years. And then, just to break the monotony, they could heave a bomb up to Steve Smith, or even Muhsin Muhammed.

What the "Ragin Cajun" is, however, is a pretty accurate short passer. That's what he was in college, but he's never really been used in that offense in the pros. There's a long story behind why I think this is the case, but I don't want to get into that now.

But now Jake is in a west coast offense, with a remarkably solid offensive line. I'm not saying he'll have himself a Pro Bowl season, but I don't see a repeat performance of last season. Our offense is going to be the traditional "run to set up the pass". As long as Jake doesn't fumble handoffs, nobody will be calling for his head.

In closing, I believe it's pretty obvious I do know what I'm talking about, and I'm not "too stupid to read what [you're] saying". In fact, I read it, understood it, and provided you with a counterpoint.

Don't assume, it makes you look like a cocksucker.

Personally, I think you're just butthurt that our QB has raped the Bucs for so long, and Rock Morris has yet to find a solution.

I'm very surprised to read that. Oh well, all I can say is that the lines have a habit of changing right before kickoff.

I live in South Carolina, most of my friends are die hard Carolina fans, and I've been to more Panthers games than Browns games. I'd say I'm pretty familiar with the Panthers. And I've made the same argument you're currently making numerous times. I've constantly been under the impression that Delhomme never was the QB needed in Carolina, he just doesn't have the deep ball accuracy for it.

Any QB with a rocket arm could have gone into Carolina and handed the ball off to any one of their numerous skilled backs they've had for the past 10 years. And then, just to break the monotony, they could heave a bomb up to Steve Smith, or even Muhsin Muhammed.

What the "Ragin Cajun" is, however, is a pretty accurate short passer. That's what he was in college, but he's never really been used in that offense in the pros. There's a long story behind why I think this is the case, but I don't want to get into that now.

But now Jake is in a west coast offense, with a remarkably solid offensive line. I'm not saying he'll have himself a Pro Bowl season, but I don't see a repeat performance of last season. Our offense is going to be the traditional "run to set up the pass". As long as Jake doesn't fumble handoffs, nobody will be calling for his head.

In closing, I believe it's pretty obvious I do know what I'm talking about, and I'm not "too stupid to read what [you're] saying". In fact, I read it, understood it, and provided you with a counterpoint.

Don't assume, it makes you look like a cocksucker.

Personally, I think you're just butthurt that our QB has raped the Bucs for so long, and Rock Morris has yet to find a solution.

Good points and I respect your opinion on why you think Delhomme will succeed.

Honestly, after this week, I couldn't care less what he does. (with the exception of the weeks you play our divisional pals)... I was just letting you know what to expect, and it appears you are well aware of the danger Delhomme brings.

Also, I did point out in another thread (that people conveniently stopped posting after I did so) that Delhomme hasn't been that good against the Bucs... Numerous INT's in most games, etc... It's easy to win games when you have Williams and Stewart back there running against a defense that ...can't stop the run.

As long as you guys can run the ball, you'll be alright throughout the year. If it comes down to relying on Delhomme to win a game for you... good luck.

Respect from the bicepbicep.gif

Honestly, after this week, I couldn't care less what he does. (with the exception of the weeks you play our divisional pals)... I was just letting you know what to expect, and it appears you are well aware of the danger Delhomme brings.

Also, I did point out in another thread (that people conveniently stopped posting after I did so) that Delhomme hasn't been that good against the Bucs... Numerous INT's in most games, etc... It's easy to win games when you have Williams and Stewart back there running against a defense that ...can't stop the run.

As long as you guys can run the ball, you'll be alright throughout the year. If it comes down to relying on Delhomme to win a game for you... good luck.

Thank you, and the same to you.

Honestly, I'm interested in Freeman's career, because he's so damn large. I love prototypical QB's. I loved Ben Roethlisberger in college, and was depressed for 3 years when he went to the Steelers.

Good luck in the upcoming season.

Respect for the bicep3.jpg

Thank you, and the same to you.

Honestly, I'm interested in Freeman's career, because he's so damn large. I love prototypical QB's. I loved Ben Roethlisberger in college, and was depressed for 3 years when he went to the Steelers.

Good luck in the upcoming season.

Respect for the bicep3.jpg

Yeah a lot of people are comparing Freeman to Roethlisberger. Last year he showed flashes, especially in his first game as a starter where he lead the team on a late game drive to throw the game winning pass on a 4th down from the 10 yard line or so.

He has made some amazing plays so far... Most of us are really looking forward to seeing how he's progressed with a full off season to prepare as the starter.

At 3-13 last year, pretty much everyone has been good against the bucs...brah.

Jake freaking Delhomme. And gave away Anderson, and Quinn. It's okay Browns fans, I feel for you. We USED to make crappy moves all the time, misevaluate and never develop players, too. We let Steve Young go for a few bucks. We almost share a kindred spirit in that regard. I'm so glad we are turning the corner, and not stuck with Jake freaking Delhomme.

FWIW, I've seen every one of Quinn and Anderson's plays as Browns. Jake has looked like Joe Freaking Montana by comparison in the preseason.

Quinn is doing so great in Denver he's holding the clipboard for Kyle Orton- and the Cardinal fans are about to find out what Browns fans have known for years- DA is supremely inaccurate with that cannon attached to his body. Like a career 52% completion rate.

Somewhere in this 18 page nuthugging fest you guys have put on for me, I put up the games I thought we could win and the games I thought we'd lose. It came up to about 7-9 wins.

The cupcake teams we play are as follows...

Seahawks

Redskins

Rams

Cardinals (not a cupcake, but not shit either without Warner)

Lions

Browns

That's 6 games right there that we should win.

Division games are never guaranteed one way or another (unless .. I guess... if you're the Browns) and our division almost always splits games.

So is 7 wins really that far fetched? Take off your Brown colored glasses before you answer that one

Yeah, my brother in law is a Lions fan, we played 'em in preseason, and I'd suggest you take the Lions off your Cupcake list. Stafford is the real deal, Calvin Johnson is far better than any WR you have- and don't give me shit about Williams until he's played in a real game that actually counts, and Suh will be living in Tampa's backfield making your O-line look like a sieve.

This is my board... my thread... and I'll be the one doing the trolling here.

Well I hope you realize some of us are a HIGHER POWER around here than a rather amusing troll- you'd fit right in with the clueless Hilltuckians who already have the (overrated) Bengals penciled in for the SB- and I daresay you're seriously overrating the Yucks. You're playing against the house. And the house rules are- heads I win, tails you lose. I don't know how fast you can type, but the party's over @ 5PM Sunday.

FWIW, I've seen every one of Quinn and Anderson's plays as Browns. Jake has looked like Joe Freaking Montana by comparison in the preseason.

Quinn is doing so great in Denver he's holding the clipboard for Kyle Orton- and the Cardinal fans are about to find out what Browns fans have known for years- DA is supremely inaccurate with that cannon attached to his body. Like a career 52% completion rate.

I guess 2007 was just a fluke for Anderson. 29td's and 19int's. Not bad for a scrub. The kid was on Sportscenter every weekend. I thought he was one of the best QB's around. You all must be right and I'm wrong. Having playmakers doesn't matter for a QB.....

Player Rec Yds Yds/Rec Long TD

Kellen Winslow 82 1,106 13.5 49 5

Braylon Edwards 80 1,289 16.1 78 16

Joe Jurevicius 50 614 12.3 50 3

You are right, I concede. You are much better off with Robiskie and Massoquoi, and whoever the other scrub WR you have is. After all, you are Browns fans....

I'd be willing to bet you that DAnderson has a MUCH better year in Arizona with some actual playmakers to work with then ya boyeeeee' Delhomme with the WR's you have. Where are all the threads calling your sorry GM out for not acquiring any good WR talent? Look at how he left Seattle. Your winning combo is Jake Delhomme and Mike Holmgren? And the same sorry WR's from last year that couldn't get open? And you fans are buying into this? Or just stuck with it?

I guess 2007 was just a fluke for Anderson. 29td's and 19int's. Not bad for a scrub. The kid was on Sportscenter every weekend. I thought he was one of the best QB's around. You all must be right and I'm wrong. Having playmakers doesn't matter for a QB.....

You are right, I concede. You are much better off with Robiskie and Massoquoi, and whoever the other scrub WR you have is. After all, you are Browns fans....

I'd be willing to bet you that DAnderson has a MUCH better year in Arizona with some actual playmakers to work with then ya boyeeeee' Delhomme with the WR's you have. Where are all the threads calling your sorry GM out for not acquiring any good WR talent? Look at how he left Seattle. Your winning combo is Jake Delhomme and Mike Holmgren? And the same sorry WR's from last year that couldn't get open? And you fans are buying into this? Or just stuck with it?

+1 to the post above..

And when the game was on the line and we needed to win, he choked, EVERY TIME. We missed the playoffs because he was too busy slinging the ball to the opposing team.

Heres your BucsNBiceps fella

tell us how you really feel.

from pewterpirate

Quote from: Boid Fink on Today at 03:38:02 AM

His all time record against the BUcs is 9-2. He has a VERY high completion rate against us (roughly 60 percent). He has 15 TDs thrown on the Cover 2 in Tampa. His best outing as a QB was against the Bucs.

He bothers me. He beats Tampa, in spite of, around, in front of, backwards, forwards, with the help of,whatever you want.

This is a big advantage for the Browns. The lack of pass rush bothers me even more. If I were a betting man, in a straight up call it, I would put money on the Browns.

But the love of my Bucs says they will somehow pull it off. But that is the illogical side of me.

I cant argue that. Gonna be a close game, first to 17 points is gonna win it.

His username is boid fink on the tampa site.

LOL... best post since I've gotten here.

You truly are the definition of "class act."

It figures that you would be impressed by vulgar street talk. The thing is, there have been so many times that you have been made into grated cheese, but you just didn't know it because the bifurcation of your soul went right over your head.

Oh, but you fans are alot better....how's LeBron doing anyway?

I just saw him at my kid's school's football game on Friday. He was there rooting for my daughter's school as one of his posse has a son going there. He is still alive. He is still black. He is still about 6'8". He was keeping his mouth shut and trying to stay low key. He basically had no choice because we were getting waxed 28-0. (last year the team went 10-1, now they are 0-2).

Anything else you want to know?

It doesn't surprise me that the Brown organization would take away all the playmakers(K2, and Braylon) you had on offense and go with unproven, inadequate WR's and then blame the QB's and then turn around and dump them for a washed up old QB. That is business as usual in Cleavland.

It only surprises me that the fans are actually buying that garbage.

Some of us scratched our heads over those moves as well. The problem was that K2 and Braylon were exhibiting bad character skills...and needed a change of scenery to be cured. In other words, like a mule, they needed a 2X4 over the head to get their attention. The trades of them exhibited to them that they were not indispensable like they thought they were. It may perhaps have worked on K2. From all accounts he is keeping his nose clean and playing football. By some accounts it is NOT working with Edwards. He is still dropping passes and running his mouth like a gutter punk.

Somewhere in this 18 page nuthugging fest you guys have put on for me, I put up the games I thought we could win and the games I thought we'd lose. It came up to about 7-9 wins.

The cupcake teams we play are as follows...

Seahawks

Redskins

Rams

Cardinals (not a cupcake, but not shit either without Warner)

Lions

Browns

That's 6 games right there that we should win.

Division games are never guaranteed one way or another (unless .. I guess... if you're the Browns) and our division almost always splits games.

So is 7 wins really that far fetched? Take off your Brown colored glasses before you answer that one

Sure, you COULD (not should) win those games. Like as not though you WILL win maybe half of them. Remember, those other teams are counting the Bucs as a win for them as well.

So, as I see it, that puts you again at 3, maybe 4 wins for the year....and saying Hello to Roger Goodell in April.

You should be thanking the all mighty Bicep. For it has given this board LIFE.

bicep.gif

Trust me, you are a hack amateur compared to what goes on here during Steeler and Ravens weeks.

I will give you this much: Like Nathan Lane in The Birdcage you are definitely a source of amusement.

OK, but check this out: You are a guy who is judging DA on his stats and his highlights. We are judging him on seeing every throw of every game he has played. And trust us when we tell you that we were all ready to buy into the DA miracle arm. And for your Information, it was when DA still had K2 and Edwards to throw to that we realized that he just couldn't hit them as targets. Both of those guys were still here in 2008 when DA stunk up the joint.

No, sorry, but, again, you interlopers get things all bass ackwards again. DA can hit a fly on target 25 yards down the sideline sometimes, but he can't hit a wide open Tight End in the end zone who is 5 yards away from him. In the one preseason game I saw him play for the Cards he did exactly that....hit ropes down the field, but threw ducks to open receivers. It had nothing to do with the WRs around him. Here is betting dollars to donuts that Larry Fitzgerald is going to get seriously frustrated by DA.

How confident are you in your statements, using inflated stats from THREE SEASONS ago as your basis for trashing on Delhomme and our WRs?

The only reason I used the stats from three seasons ago is because that is the last time you had any playmakers on offense. I can put last years stats up here if you want me to, but I think you all know how crappy they were. You are missing the point, which is understandable, you are a Browns fan. But the point is that your offense has no weapons. You threw away DAnderson, and BQuinn for Jake Delhomme, and you have the same junk at WR again this year. Do you think this is a solution to your problems?

DANderson: He was great in 07' when he had playmakers. Now that your WR's suck, so does he? Okay. Great evaluation, Browns fan.

BQuinn: How do you know what you had with BQuinn? There is no way he could be evaluated on a team with zero legit WR's.........but you all decided he sucked, anyway. He never had a chance to develop at the NFL level, because he never had any legit NFL targets to throw to. It was nice of you all to trade him so he at least has a chance to develop.

Maybe my thoery is flawed. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe playmakers DON'T matter. Maybe the Browns are really going to turn the corner with Delhomme, Massoquoi, and Robiskie. Google Tom Brady's stats before Randy Moss got there and after. It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out. Then again, I wasn't expecting anything ingenius out of this crop of losers.

Archived