THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns @ Bucs 9-12-2010

AMERICAN MUSCLE

Browns 35

Tampa Bay 17

Freeman has a Broken thumb or something on his throwing had, do they even know if he's playing yet? Aqib Talib isn't playing, Delhomme's gonna have a field day, the NFL was kind enough to give us a warm up game. :)

Ask Steve Smith how he fared with Delhomme last year? He still had a decent year but Delhomme is ridiculously inaccurate. I still don't understand why anyone believes Delhomme is going to have some sort of resurgence. I'll certainly be here to eat crow if I'm wrong but the dude in my opinion is a bum and will remain a bum. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask Steve Smith how he fared with Delhomme last year? He still had a decent year but Delhomme is ridiculously inaccurate. I still don't understand why anyone believes Delhomme is going to have some sort of resurgence. I'll certainly be here to eat crow if I'm wrong but the dude in my opinion is a bum and will remain a bum. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I won't disagree that there's a question mark but last year was the first one off of surgery. I was at the Carolina-Jets game and I will tell you that Steve Smith didn't look like the Steve Smith of old either. This is just hope that being in a west coast type of offense, Jake will have more success based on:

a) a strengthened arm vis a vis last year

B) different chemistry

c) a different offensive philosophy

Could he wind up being a failure? Certainly but if you can't be positive before week 1 of a season after the guy has looked sharp in preseason then there's really no hope.

Get ready to fire up the grill and go get yourself a crow to eat. Start pulling the feathers and getting it ready. I am willing to bet that they don't taste the best so you will probably want to marinate it for a while.

Now for my prediction...

Browns 27

Tampa 16

I don't think the Browns defense can stop any NFL team right now! I hope I am wrong. But Tampa is hurt and they will stop themselves short of the end zone with penalties and poor passes. Three field goals for the Bucs. The Bucs are last years Browns and they will score field goals when they should get the ball into the end zone. And don't forget the turnover that they return for the touchdown.

The Browns will score a TD on a turnover as well and two more on their own. And Dawson adds two field goals when the red zone offense stalls.

Nobody gives a xxxx what you think.

Nobody gives a xxxx what you think.

And you're still a damn Retarded mouth breather. Delhomme can't throw a accurate ball to save his life and as a result Steve Smith 100% or not suffered. Everyone on the Panthers offense immediately improves with him gone. He'll be thrown under the Cleveland bus soon enough.

And you're still a damn Retarded mouth breather. Delhomme can't throw a accurate ball to save his life and as a result Steve Smith 100% or not suffered. Everyone on the Panthers offense immediately improves with him gone. He'll be thrown under the Cleveland bus soon enough.

I don't think we care if he returns to previous form. We just need him to be better than the 2009 version of DA or Brady Quinn. That isn't hard for someone of Jake's experience to do. He can't be any more inaccurate than those two. Average QB play last year could easily have led to 2-3 more wins and threatening of an 8-8 record.

Nah, Tron. One receiver and with injuries to himself in pre-season and injuries galore to others. I am not sure if you caught 3 plus times last year when the guys on Sportcenter joked that Smith was sometimes triple covered. Only twice was this guy under an 80 QB rating. I think most people are excited because he is a huge upgrade from the last what 7 - 8 seasons, 10 fold. And a better line. I think he'll fair well, and win some games for us this year.

Maybe he should attempt to rape some chicks to get the respect of Steeler Nation?

Interesting. It all depends on the QB's. Factor in the heat index will be 100+ and Jake Delhomme is really an awful NFL QB, and Freeman has supposedly looked great. I think the Browns will be lucky to win, and only if Cribbs can score on ST. Tampa had one of the best ST units last year. Realistically, the Browns are looking at a loss to start the year and will have an instant QB controversy. Delhomme is garbage.

Browns= 17

Bucs= 24

Take it to the bank.

THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE A JOKE FOR BUCS. THE BROWNS SUCK GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS Stop drinking your brown koolaid!! U guys think Delhomme is the next bernie kosar LOL. BUCS WIN!!! AND WIN EASILY BEATING UR PATHETIC USE OF A FOOTBALL TEAM!!! 70- 0 BUCS !!!!! Kellen Winslow scores 3 touchdowns, Caddilac get 2, and our defense is going to shut you down!!!! Big game by STYLEZ G WHITE~!!!! GO BUCS!!

THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE A JOKE FOR BUCS. THE BROWNS SUCK GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS Stop drinking your brown koolaid!! U guys think Delhomme is the next bernie kosar LOL. BUCS WIN!!! AND WIN EASILY BEATING UR PATHETIC USE OF A FOOTBALL TEAM!!! 70- 0 BUCS !!!!! Kellen Winslow scores 3 touchdowns, Caddilac get 2, and our defense is going to shut you down!!!! Big game by STYLEZ G WHITE~!!!! GO BUCS!!

Do you workout with BucsnBiceps and American Muscle?

Not a literate thought amongst the three of you.

Zombo

Make sure you Brownie fans get that protein in... You just got curled

bicep.gif

The Browns aren't a powerhouse but they are above Tampa Bay.

Ok then. I guess you see the future. Remember... both teams have ZERO total yards this season.

It's OUR board, and we can predict whatever we want to.

lo!l Is it your party too? Are you gonna cry if you want to? Come on bro. Really?

Is this a joke? Browns all the way. Tampa blows.

So your 5-11 record last year makes you guys good? Remember, like I said before. The season hasn't started yet.

Im gonna say Browns 31 - Bucs 17

Im gonna say the browns offense is going to be pleasantly surprising. I see the browns getting a good balancing attack going that Tampa will not be able to stop. I see the Bucs offense running it fast and often with some success. Because of injuries to the Bucs I the browns pulling away in the second half.

Thank you for the prediction with out the kool-aid. Just so you know.. the Bucs, knock on wood, have had ZERO significant injuries this summer and all starters are full go for week 1 minus Talibs' one game suspension.

I'm basing this on the fact that when our offensive starters were in during the pre-season they seemed to click. I'm basing this on the fact that Tampa Bay has no QB, no real weapon but Winslow (who you got from us) and a D that isn't even close to being what Tampa Bay has had in the past.

You're probably some lame ass Stooler fan trying to stir up shit or some Tampa Bay fan who thinks his team is actually good. Either way I am a Browns fan and I'm picking my team because I feel they are the better team. We will find out on Sunday.

I guess you don't read much about any team other than the Browns, huh? Much improved roster from the 3-13 season. No, I'm not a Stooler fan. No, I don't think we are actually good. I am, however, optimistic.

Browns 42

Bucs 3

Delhomme dominates. Hillis runs for 200 plus yards.

I love Hillis, but 200 yards? You know we drafted Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, right?

Browns 35

Tampa Bay 17

Freeman has a Broken thumb or something on his throwing had, do they even know if he's playing yet? Aqib Talib isn't playing, Delhomme's gonna have a field day, the NFL was kind enough to give us a warm up game. :)

Can't wait for Sunday!

Ok then. I guess you see the future. Remember... both teams have ZERO total yards this season.

lo!l Is it your party too? Are you gonna cry if you want to? Come on bro. Really?

So your 5-11 record last year makes you guys good? Remember, like I said before. The season hasn't started yet.

Thank you for the prediction with out the kool-aid. Just so you know.. the Bucs, knock on wood, have had ZERO significant injuries this summer and all starters are full go for week 1 minus Talibs' one game suspension.

I guess you don't read much about any team other than the Browns, huh? Much improved roster from the 3-13 season. No, I'm not a Stooler fan. No, I don't think we are actually good. I am, however, optimistic.

I love Hillis, but 200 yards? You know we drafted Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, right?

Can't wait for Sunday!

Just curious, whats this say about your fans.

Per Tampabay.com

TAMPA — Bucs fans who don't have a ticket to Sunday's game against the Browns won't be able to find it on the television.

Team officials think the regular-season opener at Raymond James Stadium will be blacked out locally, based on the slow pace of ticket sales.

NFL teams have until 1 p.m. Thursday — 72 hours before kickoff — to sell out the game or it cannot air within a 75-mile radius of the primary television market.

News that the game will be dark is hardly a surprise. Both of the Bucs' home preseason games were blacked out. The Bucs had an announced crowd of 41,386 against the Chiefs and 42,640 against the Jaguars, but actual attendance was closer to 30,000. That means about half of the 65,000 seats were empty.

The Bucs' blacked-out opener might be the exception for Week 1. The Jaguars host the Broncos on Sunday, and with the return of former Florida QB Tim Tebow, they are confident the game will be sold out in time to avoid a blackout. Oakland is at Tennessee, and Detroit is at Chicago.

Because of a season-ticket base around 40,000, the Bucs have only two home games that look like possible sellouts: vs. the Steelers on Sept. 26 and the Saints on Oct. 17. But Steelers and Saints fans are likely driving ticket sales in those games.

Must be nice to know your fans spend most of thier time on the Browns board rather then buying tickets to the game.

Must be nice to know your fans spend most of thier time on the Browns board rather then buying tickets to the game.

Is that your smack? I'll be at the game. And btw, if we are blacked out, It will be the first reg season home game in almost 15 years. Didn't you guys LOSE your franchise not too long ago? That's what I thought. Watch out for those beer bottles in the dawg pound! WOOF WOOF!

EDIT:

P.S. You suck at quoting.

Is that your smack? I'll be at the game. And btw, if we are blacked out, It will be the first reg season home game in almost 15 years. Didn't you guys LOSE your franchise not too long ago? That's what I thought. Watch out for those beer bottles in the dawg pound! WOOF WOOF!

EDIT:

P.S. You suck at quoting.

You Suck at Life my friend, you will not be at the game, you will be watching it on espn.com. I also know you wouldn't last a second in the dawg pound.

P.S.

Make sure you come back around here after the game and talk some more shit, I bet you don't. ALso Have fun picking ahead of us in the draft once again.

Panthers immediately improved??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Did you bother to check Carolina's preseason stats before you spilled that bilge? ZERO passing TDs. Highest completion %- 52.6. Best passer rating- 58.4. Panther's preseason stats

OTOH, Jake had a 79% completion rate, and 110 qb rating.

You Suck at Life my friend, you will not be at the game, you will be watching it on espn.com. I also know you wouldn't last a second in the dawg pound.

P.S.

Make sure you come back around here after the game and talk some more shit, I bet you don't. ALso Have fun picking ahead of us in the draft once again.

I'll tell you what, Muffin... I'll take a picture of the scoreboard at the end of the game and post it here. Mmmmkay? I wouldn't last a second in the dawg pound? I've lasted 3 hours at the Vet before it was imploded. You guys can't hold a candle to Eagles fans.

Pick ahead of you once again?

Let's go back to 2002 to present

Bucs 15-4 Superbowl Champions

Browns 9-7

Bucs 7-9

Browns 5-11

Bucs 4-12

Browns 5-11

Bucs 11-5 NFC South Champions

Browns 6-10

Bucs 4-12

Browns 4-12 (I think you won the coin toss.)

Bucs 9-7 NFC South Champions

Browns 10-6

Bucs 9-7

Browns 4-12

Bucs 3-13

Browns 5-11

Now how many winning seasons have you had in the past 8 years???? 2!!

You picked ahead of us 5 times. Still wanna use that as an argument? I wasn't even here to talk shit. You Browns fans can't handle another fans opinion. I am here to discuss football.

And for further smack

Head to Head Matchups (Since 2001)Tampa Bay leads 2-0

Dec 24, 2006 CLE 7, @TAM 22

Oct 13, 2002 CLE 3, TAM 17

Panthers immediately improved??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Did you bother to check Carolina's preseason stats before you spilled that bilge? ZERO passing TDs. Highest completion %- 52.6. Best passer rating- 58.4. Panther's preseason stats

OTOH, Jake had a 79% completion rate, and 110 qb rating.

lol.... It's funny because we as Buc fans payed attention to Delhomme while he was in Carolina.

It's only a matter of time before you fine folks of Cleveland are calling for Colt McCoy.

Delhomme WILL implode... and the dude was right. Delhomme held his offense back. Matt Moore came in last year and impressed. If you watched any of the Panthers preseason games, you know their receivers suck.

Even after we beat you on Sunday and I come here to serve some crow for a couple hours... I'll prob revisit this board around November or so just to see how you guys are liking Delhomme. Can't wait to see the uproar... if he's even still the starter come November. My guess is he gets benched.

The Bicep delivers the facts again.

bicep.gif

I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Based on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:

TB: 15.5

CLE: 14.7

I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!

This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.

Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).

I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Base on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:

TB: 15.5

CLE: 14.7

I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!

This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.

Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).

A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?

Wow.

You get a bicep bro

bicep.gif

Wow.

You get a bicep bro

Hye 'Tard, in case you didn't notice, the guys a Broncos fan. I'm only keeping your sorry ass around because it's going to be so much fun to kick it out the door come 4:30 Sunday.

Wow.

You get a bicep bro

bicep.gif

LOL. Yep, the Excel Spreadsheet Method removes stupidity and home-boy bias from my picks against the spread.

My theory is "Less is More". I look at 4 data points only: 1st downs by rushing, passing, and penalty, and average total yards. I award fractional points for each 1st down category, heavily skewed to rushing 1st downs. When a team falls behind, they start passing like mad and typically give up on the run. Hence, lots of 1st downs rushing = lots of points = lots of wins.

Then, if a team has a crapload of total yards, I scale up the total score accordingly.

The system is less accurate in the early weeks of a new season, but it usually becomes ridiculously accurate in the 2nd half of the season.

Let's see what you guys think about this match up.

Bucs 17

Browns 13

Going to be a lot of mistakes in this first game. I see a turnover or 2 from each team and tons of penalties. It's all going to come down to the team who makes the fewest mistakes. I take the Bucs at home on this one.

What say you?

kellen-winslow-one-handed-catch.jpg

c4s_bucs101509_89515c.jpg

One thing about the game it will be close. I'm feeling a score of 24-21 Browns. When we beat the Bucks it's not like we're going to have alot to brag about. ("Oh wow we beat a team with a 3-13 record last year Woo-hoo!) The biggest laugh is their little Troll comming in on our board to talk her smack HA. HA.

Archived