THE BROWNS BOARD

CUTS

NewEraDawg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns cut: DB Larry Asante DB Chris Chancellor OL Paul Fanaika DL Clifton Geathers DL Travis Ivey RB Chris Jennings DB Brandon McDonald DL Swanson Miller OL Pat Murray QB Brett Ratliff DL Brian Sanford DB DeAngelo Smith WR Bobby Engram OL Scott Kooistra DL C.J. Mosley

Weird they didn't cut a single linebacker, thats 12 LB's on the roster, and only keep 7 DB's including safety's and CB's. Wright, Haden, Sorenson, Brown, Elam, Adams, Ventrone.

Browns cut: DB Larry Asante DB Chris Chancellor OL Paul Fanaika DL Clifton Geathers DL Travis Ivey RB Chris Jennings DB Brandon McDonald DL Swanson Miller OL Pat Murray QB Brett Ratliff DL Brian Sanford DB DeAngelo Smith WR Bobby Engram OL Scott Kooistra DL C.J. Mosley

Cut 2 draft picks? LINK PLEASE

Cleveland Browns activate Shaun Rogers, cut CB Brandon McDonald and QB Brett Ratliff and 13 others

CLEVELAND -- The Browns activated nose tackle Shaun Rogers from the physically unable to perform list and made the following roster moves to get down to 53 players:

Waived were DB Larry Asante, DB Chris Chancellor, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Clifton Geathers, DL Travis Ivey, RB Chris Jennings, CB Brandon McDonald, DL Swanson Miller, OL Pat Murray, QB Brett Ratliff, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith.

The following players had their contracts terminated: WR Bobby Engram, OL Scott Koistra and DL C.J. Mosley.

The Browns probably will make several waiver claims on Sunday and will add players to their practice squad.

I dont' see any real surprises except Mcdonald who we knew about earlier. Hopefully Asante will clear waivers so we can sign him to the practice squad. Also I thought Bobby Engram played pretty good and could possibly help being a Veteran for our young guys. I am guessing they didn't think Carlton Mitchell would clear waivers so they had to keep him on the 53 man roster.

How do we cut ZERO linebackers?

AND we are keeping 4 TE?

Someone is sleeping at the wheel...

Im sure Heckerts not an idiot, there will be more cuts coming. Pretty sure we made the cut for 53, so a few more should be cut as we add on. I think we'll be bringing in at least 2 new corners, and I bet old tommy boy signs Max Jean-Giles for O-line depth. That would be a solid pick up. Gotta have faith

That's a lot of draft picks that didn't cut it. Throw in MH, and Colt looking BQish, and you've got a thin 2010 draft.

A 5th and a 6th rounder?

how about Haden, Ward and Luavo?...wish i could throw up montario too, well see tho. This negative energy isnt working

Im sure Heckerts not an idiot, there will be more cuts coming. Pretty sure we made the cut for 53, so a few more should be cut as we add on. I think we'll be bringing in at least 2 new corners, and I bet old tommy boy signs Max Jean-Giles for O-line depth. That would be a solid pick up. Gotta have faith

You're right. When you see these odd numbers of players, there will be more additions coming. They just won't drop anyone extra until they get someone they've had their eye on.

Jean-Giles was only released because the Stacey Andrews trade wasnt done by the deadline. They had to release Jean-Giles to get to 53 with the intent of resigning him tomorrow now that Andrews deal got done. But maybe he doesn't wanna be in philly or possible somebody offers more money, I kinda think they both had a understanding he would rejoin the team though, they would have released Andrews and just kept Giles if they thought they weren't going to get him back

That's a lot of draft picks that didn't cut it. Throw in MH, and Colt looking BQish, and you've got a thin 2010 draft.

Say what? You get three immediate starters out of a draft, and it's "thin"? Hardesty was an injury risk and McCoy is a project. I suppose we could hope to be like the Steelers of the 70s who lucked out and drafted 4 Hall of Famers in one draft, but never happened before, and never has happened since.

Archived