THE BROWNS BOARD

CUTS

NewEraDawg

CLEVELAND -- The Browns reduced their roster by seven today by placing rookie running back Montario Hardesty on injured reserve and waiving six players.

Cut were: receiver Jake Allen, offensive lineman Casey Bender, defensive back Coye Francies, tight end Joel Gamble, offensive tackle Joel Reinders and receiver Syndric Steptoe.

These moves leave the Browns with 15 more to make to get down to Saturday's 53-player limit.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't believe Steptoe lasted as long as he did. I guess getting the number 10 shirt sealed it.

Jake Allen must be replaying those drops in his sleep - I don't feel sorry for him more than I feel sorry for Ratliff's stats. Actually I thought ratliff looked better than I ever expected.

As for having a player called Bender....

and reinde(e)r

I was hoping Man Mountain Reinders would make the team in some way...what happened to Francies (sp?)??

I wouldn't be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS.

If you are trying to slip someone through, you might not want to wait for the final cuts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS.

If you are trying to slip someone through, you might not want to wait for the final cuts.

I'll be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS. As I posted in another thread- I watched him closely- and his footwork & technique is horrendous.

He not only couldn't stay in front of a fellow third sting scrub DL, he couldn't lock him up either.

I'll grant the guy is a project with a capital P, but IIRC, the guy's from Canada, and he may be destined to the CFL.

CLEVELAND -- The Browns reduced their roster by seven today by placing rookie running back Montario Hardesty on injured reserve and waiving six players.

Cut were: receiver Jake Allen, offensive lineman Casey Bender, defensive back Coye Francies, tight end Joel Gamble, offensive tackle Joel Reinders and receiver Syndric Steptoe.

These moves leave the Browns with 15 more to make to get down to Saturday's 53-player limit.

Only mild surprise is Francis.

Source: Browns cut C.J. Mosley

The Cleveland Browns have released veteran defensive lineman C.J. Mosley, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Mosley broke his right ankle last season and had been rehabilitating the injury.

Mosley appeared in 12 games with one start last season, recording 18 tackles.

wow didnt really expect b-mac to get the axe. i would think with the talent level of our D he woulda made it. he wasnt all that but i did think he was pretty ok imo. i hope they have something up their sleeves.

Bmac caught me off guard a bit, while he isnt that good nor consistent he was still a bit better nickel back than adams...gotta make room for all those worn out old front 7 guys i guess...i see none of the sweating, huffing shuffling, whining about possibly being cut because they know they have lost a step old buffoons getting whacked yet..

Job security is fantastic but only if its guys that can still do their jobs...

wow didnt really expect b-mac to get the axe. i would think with the talent level of our D he woulda made it. he wasnt all that but i did think he was pretty ok imo. i hope they have something up their sleeves.

Just one more player that couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Troy Smith is lucky he has played in the league this long. I had heard rumors down here Dolphins were going to cut White. Just going to admit their mistake and cut bait. Kinda what we may have to do with Veikune.

Zombo

Archived