THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is untouchable?

hammertime

I would not trade Corey Williams either, I think he deserves a shot I mean he was hurt all year. And a new system.

Edwards, Not this year anyway. Unless it is for one hell of a deal.

Winslow - provided he does not demand more money would not trade him away without getting something decent for him.

Would not get rid of BMac I think he will be ok, with better talent around him world stopper no.

Pool and Jones, bye with the right offer, they too would benefit from better talent

D'Qwell - with better talent I think he will be ok maybe better then ok.

Bottom line few people are untradeable

I would think you have to keep Steinbech as well as Jackson and Poole. How about the young guys that haven't had a chance yet to get onto the field. Guys like Hall, Bell and Rucker.

I don't think you blow this team up. You might be better off listing the guys you don't want to come back.

My definate choices.

McGinest

Davis

S. Smith

Cousins

Shaffer

Stallworth

I don't think I resign S. Jones for what he wants and I would like to see the Center position upgraded. Fraley was a good stop gap but, his time is about over. I also would have to consider an upgrade at RB but it is not the top priority. If you want to win consistantly you have to upgrade this defense. I also would love to see a consistant #2 receiver like a T.J. Housyourmama.

I would think you have to keep Steinbech as well as Jackson and Poole. How about the young guys that haven't had a chance yet to get onto the field. Guys like Hall, Bell and Rucker.

I don't think you blow this team up. You might be better off listing the guys you don't want to come back.

My definate choices.

McGinest

Davis

S. Smith

Cousins

Shaffer

Stallworth

I don't think I resign S. Jones for what he wants and I would like to see the Center position upgraded. Fraley was a good stop gap but, his time is about over. I also would have to consider an upgrade at RB but it is not the top priority. If you want to win consistantly you have to upgrade this defense. I also would love to see a consistant #2 receiver like a T.J. Housyourmama.

agree... about Fraley... he keeps getting bulldozed... question??????... did anybody ever sign LeCharles, or is he soup?

Yea kind of forgot to mention Steinbach, Jones if he is more realistic. Fraley, keep him but look for an upgrade at the same time, and yes, Rucker, Bell, and Hall need more time to see if they are able to cut the mustard.

I guess it all boils down to alot of what ifs. On paper we are talented, 0-3 is a tough hole to climb out of, all the early season injuries affected the flow of this team right out of the gate.

Without blowing up the team, there definately needs to be some housecleaning done. We want so badly for all the peices to work only to realize that some of the peices are playing the same game the front office is playing, save their ass. Me,me,me.

i think steptoe comes back. in an offense that's in no way geared towards including the third receiver, he's shown himself to be a viable slot guy. if we ever ran a traditional three wide singleback set, he'd get more touches and really show what he can do.

Off the top of my head, assuming we stay in a 3-4, we'll have a new starting ILB, a new starting DE, and a new starting safety.

On offense, I think we'll have a new starting WR, some tweaking on the line, Quinn at QB, and maybe a new tailback.

I think the new coach will play a more aggressive defense and more of a West Coast style offense.

Are you saying DE meaning OLB, because we have a decent group in R. Smith, Williams, Leonard. The only guy I see that is all talk and no game is S. Smith. Along with Rogers, they have done fairly well this year. It is the lack of pass rush from Wimbley and McGinest and the poor play of Davis that have hurt this defense. The Browns play a two gap system, which I don't really care for, so it is all on the LBs. Also, in the 2 gap scheme of the 3-4 you need a extremely active, big hitting SS. Jones has been hurt this year and has had a very poor season.

Personally, I would rather switch to a 4-3 or at least a one gap 3-4 so our DL can have an impact. Either way we need a ILB and a corner rusher. If we switch to the 4-3, Orapko would be perfect and Wimbley can put on 10 or 15 lbs and switch to WSDE where he may perform a lot better. Rogers and Williams are better suited to a 4-3, as is Wimbley, and D. Jackson is a prototypical MLB in the 4-3. So, I would rather have a DE and OLB and move to the 4-3.

Untouchable? Seriously, nobody on this team should have that status. Based on the 2008 season (so far), only Dawson and Pontbriand have been consistent contributors. No GN is going to offer you anything for these special teamers, but if there is a dummy out there, i'd take the call and listen.

The next notch down is Thomas, Cribbs, and Rogers. Again, i'd take the call on anyone on the roster.

Untouchable? Seriously, nobody on this team should have that status. Based on the 2008 season (so far), only Dawson and Pontbriand have been consistent contributors. No GN is going to offer you anything for these special teamers, but if there is a dummy out there, i'd take the call and listen.

The next notch down is Thomas, Cribbs, and Rogers. Again, i'd take the call on anyone on the roster.

We might be brothers...I don't think anyone is "untouchable".

There isn't a person on the roster I wouldn't trade for a good deal.....as you said...Thomas is close, as is Rogers.

Guest Ghoolie
All frustration aside, who do you think is untouchable(trade, cut etc.).

Joe Thomas

Ryan the longsnapper

Josh Cribbs

Steve Heiden

Eric Wright

Brady Quinn

Phil Dawson

Rogers

thats a start

Joe Thomas needs to give 1/2 his money back or be released. He is a fat ass who routinely gets manhandled. He got manhandled versus the Colts/

agree... about Fraley... he keeps getting bulldozed... question??????... did anybody ever sign LeCharles, or is he soup?

No; he is done

I really do not think we need to blow this thing up either; removing RAC and trading DA & Winslow for some high draft picks would be a good step in the right direction

Archived