THE BROWNS BOARD

Hardesty

Donald Dawg

I know it's early, but he looks good so far.

If he can stay healthy then I think we have a fantastic back. Runs nice and low, and gets yards.

Of course as I'm typing this, he's down. Oh great.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know lol.

I'm an arse.

He went down clutching his right knee.

Went off the field on his own though.

I hope I don't jinx JD, but he's looking great stepping in.

If he goes down now I won't post here again out of shame.

Edit: I was wrong about Hardesty's knee. It was his left knee.

I'd like to be wrong about this but some guys are just made of glass. He was hurt in college and the browns took a chance that he will stay healthy. He looks good when he can stay on the field, but already the second injury and we haven't played one regular season game yet. Again, hope the trend doesn't continue.

Broken bones are actually stronger. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll be better or heal correctly. Man, I was not happy about this pick during the draft. I know we wanted a bruiser back, but a bruiser with a history of injuries? Why? Obviously he's gonna take some hard hits. It just blows my mind to know that we moved up for this guy.

He was able to walk ok when he went back to the locker room, and didn't come back out. I hope they were just being cautious, and it wasn't anything too serious.

I hope it wasn't serious but it is looking like this pick could have been a HUGE mistake for Mangini. Giving up those picks for a guy with a history of injury's. There were other backs out there that the Browns could have taken instead. I hope i'm wrong but I didn't like the pick then and I really am not liking it now. Glad we have Hillis!

there are reports today on the news he left the stadium on crutches. so not sure how serious it is but that is never a good sign. lets just hope for a neg MRI or hope Hillis will become the bruising back if he can not come back.

it was a risky pick taking him in the 2nd (and im a vols fan) but I genuinely think his upside isthe best of any running back in that draft. In the short time he was in there you could see perfectly his style of running, he always goes straight up field, no dancing around, he has excellent pad level which makes it extremely difficult for tacklers to get under which means on contact, hardesty has already won the leverage battle and just by driving his legs and falling forward, he gains an extra 2-3 yards as opposed to back who stand too upright and get blown back -1 yards. I just hope they are being overly cautious with that knee. The great news is our backfield is loaded. Harrison and Hillis could start for almost any team in the NFL and Davis and Jennings would make solid back ups anywhere in the NFL, AND WE HAVE ALL 4 ON OUR TEAM

as far as injury goes, my guess would be a pcl sprain or partial tear. thats an injury that happened to me and walking around was no problem, but driving off of it and making cuts is what aggrevates it, I hope its not that serious, but I think that is a worst case scenario

I know it's early, but he looks good so far.

If he can stay healthy then I think we have a fantastic back. Runs nice and low, and gets yards.

Of course as I'm typing this, he's down. Oh great.

Wow the dude goes down while he is getting his first positive review ... unreal.

I missed last night's game so I never even got to see him play and now he's down again.

I hope James Davis can play thunder to Harrison's lighting ... or maybe they will just be lightning and more lightning to Hillis' thunder.

Zombo

Initial diagnosis for Browns back Montario Hardesty isn't good

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 3, 2010 11:27 AM ET

The Browns drafted Montario Hardesty because they loved his smarts and his skills. But they also knew he was only available late in the second round because of his injury history.

On Thursday night, that history caught up to him in heartbreaking fashion.

The initial diagnosis following Hardesty's injury is that the impressive rookie suffered a torn ACL, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Further tests will be taken today to confirm the news.

Hardesty was expected to lead the Browns backfield, but this is one position the team has sufficient depth. Jerome Harrison is a quality option, and Peyton Hillis will probably play more tailback now. James Davis also looked impressive on Thursday night.

UPDATE: The diagnosis was confirmed. Hardesty is out for the year.

His running style, pushing the pile with all that stress on his bent knees has to take it's toll.

He should have just got as much as he could get, and gone down to the ground to run again.

Instead, he kept going, but bent knees are far, far more apt to be injured from the force of resistance,

they are much less stable to force from the side...

too bad for Hardesty.

Archived