THE BROWNS BOARD

Harrell Punched in the Gnards

Legacy Fan

Graham Harrell gets the Shaft

How does Colt Brennan get invited last year and Harrell not make it to NY? It's not like he played in the WAC or MEAC. Two of the 3 other finalists are from the same conference and Harrell put up better numbers than those guys.

Leach has every reason to lose his mind, but I disagree that they should discontinue the award. I think it casts a shadow (albeit a small one) over previous winners, and those guys should get together and do something about it to keep the esteem of their award where it should be and not dragged into some muddy political BS, which is where it is heading.

The subtitle of the article above: Heisman committee: No disrespect for Harrell, just numbers is comical.

I suppose the other side of that argument is that if he didn't get the requisite votes for the invite, why invite him?

I think he should have gotten invited, but my issue was with the voters rather than the system. I would imagine that he probably split the #4 vote with the running back from Oklahoma, who could have made a good case to be there himself.

I don't think it's because the book on him is that he's a system QB--although I think he is. If that were the case, then there's no way Tim Tebow would have won last year and been up for another this year. Speaking of which, I'm sure he's a great kid, and who doesn't love circumcising third-world children, but I can't stand Tebow, and not just because he shreds the Vols every year. He has that same glass-eyed, mouth-breathing look on his face every time he's on camera, kind of like Tyler Hansbrough, who I also despise for no good reason.

Dennis

Well, I think crying like a little girl instead of going after Gerald Henderson counts as a reason to dislike him, but that's just me.

Here's a blog post on the circumcision thing:

>>Tebow, the Florida quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner, spent spring break in the Philippines and — according to Dave Curtis of the Orlando Sentinel — helped circumcise impoverished children.

Tebow, who has no surgical training, was visiting an orphanage his father's ministry runs in the country and assisted with the care of locals who had walked miles to the temporary clinic the ministry helped organize.

"The first time, it was nerve-racking," he said. "Hands were shaking a little bit. I mean, I'm cutting somebody. You can't do those kinds of things in the United States. But those people really needed the surgeries. We needed to help them."<<

Yeah, those political fatcats are always trying to limit guys' chances to perform unnecessary medical procedures on poor brown children's genitals with no medical training but the lord in their hearts.

Dennis

But they need them!

Archived