THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis

Curious

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Harrison has been horrible, he pretty much given up the starting job. It'd be nice to see what Davis could do now with the first team.

How stupid is that scroll'r on NFL network saying Colt McCoy wont be cut because of his poor performance's........That's just insane that anybody thought he could be cut in the first place, then they make new's out of it on NFL network......are they mentally disabled

Two questions regarding Hillis:

1) Where is his cape?

2) Who's the idiot in Denver who will lose their job over letting this guy get away?

He was a shining star in this loss. He & Vickers are a DEVASTATING tandem in short yardage! Harrison, with his fumbling, just made it easy for Hardesty (given good health) & Hillis to relegate him to splinters as a bench player. No big deal to me. I am still not sold on Harrison & if Hardesty can stay healthy, I don't think it will take long to establish he & Hillis as your top backs. In fact, Hillis (with his pass catching ability) may just be our feature back. The guy is a smash mouth, blue collar, nasty monster!!!

Mike

1) Where is his cape?

2) Who's the idiot in Denver who will lose their job over letting this guy get away?

He was a shining star in this loss. He & Vickers are a DEVASTATING tandem in short yardage! Harrison, with his fumbling, just made it easy for Hardesty (given good health) & Hillis to relegate him to splinters as a bench player. No big deal to me. I am still not sold on Harrison & if Hardesty can stay healthy, I don't think it will take long to establish he & Hillis as your top backs. In fact, Hillis (with his pass catching ability) may just be our feature back. The guy is a smash mouth, blue collar, nasty monster!!!

Mike

devastations is ALL that I am about......hillis is the man

1) Where is his cape?

Mike

The idiot -- and boy did you get that descriptor right -- who let Hillis get away was HC Josh McDaniels (commonly known among Denver fans as McDummy). After Hillis had a year in 2008 in which he had a 100-yard rushing game (against Mangini's Jets) and a 100-yard receiving game against Miami, and led the Broncos in rushing, the new HC sat him on the bench in 2009 and left him there to rot. No one knows why. Fans called for Hillis to be used, but to no avail. So, the HC left him on the bench in favor of a faux-running back who had 27% of his carries for 1 yard or less and had only two carries for more than 20 yards.

The same coach let Marshall go to the Dolphins and Sheffler go to the Lions. He will not lose his job over letting any of them go. He will probably lose it for the people he brought in to replace them sooner or later.

Man, you guys are sure tossing aside Harrison easily ... do you remember the end of last year, in the real games, when he carried the team on his back?

Zombo

I think it was more the O-line, TE's and Vickers blocking that carried the team. He got what he should've got with the blocking he had, but he doesn't get the yards that you didn't expect. He doesn't break tackles or pick up many yards on his own, there's not many wow moments with him

Watching Davis, he hits the hole hard and fast, you see the explosion with him. Why they dont give him carries with the 1's is beyond me

Man, you guys are sure tossing aside Harrison easily ... do you remember the end of last year, in the real games, when he carried the team on his back?

Zombo

I am hoping he isn't showing his full ability in the preseason, but in previous preseasons he was always a monster. The problem for him is, Hillis is clearly outplaying him, and Hardesty is coming back, so he should be giving 150% to prove why he should be the starter.

Zombo

I just have never been very high on Harrison. Last 4 games last year seemed like 2007 for DA....he was the recipient of everything being excellent around him PLUS weak competition. If Harrison performs well against all levels of competition, then fine, but he just hasn't proven to me that he's a "feature back".

Mike

The idiot -- and boy did you get that descriptor right -- who let Hillis get away was HC Josh McDaniels (commonly known among Denver fans as McDummy). After Hillis had a year in 2008 in which he had a 100-yard rushing game (against Mangini's Jets) and a 100-yard receiving game against Miami, and led the Broncos in rushing, the new HC sat him on the bench in 2009 and left him there to rot. No one knows why. Fans called for Hillis to be used, but to no avail. So, the HC left him on the bench in favor of a faux-running back who had 27% of his carries for 1 yard or less and had only two carries for more than 20 yards.

The same coach let Marshall go to the Dolphins and Sheffler go to the Lions. He will not lose his job over letting any of them go. He will probably lose it for the people he brought in to replace them sooner or later.

Lol at Hillis leading the team in rushing. He had 343 yards because Seven of our running backs were put on IR. You're a riot, man. Let's see how Moreno and Hillis stack up at the end of this season.

Oh, and didn't Hillis average less than 4 yards per carry against Detroit? Is that really cause for celebration?

Lol at Hillis leading the team in rushing. He had 343 yards because Seven of our running backs were put on IR. You're a riot, man. Let's see how Moreno and Hillis stack up at the end of this season.

Oh, and didn't Hillis average less than 4 yards per carry against Detroit? Is that really cause for celebration?

How's Queen working out for ya?

How is Quinn working out for ya?

I think it was more the O-line, TE's and Vickers blocking that carried the team. He got what he should've got with the blocking he had, but he doesn't get the yards that you didn't expect. He doesn't break tackles or pick up many yards on his own, there's not many wow moments with him

Watching Davis, he hits the hole hard and fast, you see the explosion with him. Why they dont give him carries with the 1's is beyond me

That's BS. You don't get 286 yards without breaking some tackles an getting yards "you shouldn't." You don't get over 520 yards in 3 games without doing so as well.

Also, in this last preseason game, I noticed him getting 5 yards up the middle on a few plays where the last 2 or 3 yards he was carrying someone.

Seriously, does the kid need to always be stellar and always get huge chunks of yards before you show some respect?

Adrian Peterson had a 23 yard TD, otherwise he was 11 carries for 37 yards against Seattle.

Now I'm not comparing Harrison to Peterson, but even the best backs don't get tons of yards.

That's BS. You don't get 286 yards without breaking some tackles an getting yards "you shouldn't." You don't get over 520 yards in 3 games without doing so as well.

Also, in this last preseason game, I noticed him getting 5 yards up the middle on a few plays where the last 2 or 3 yards he was carrying someone.

Seriously, does the kid need to always be stellar and always get huge chunks of yards before you show some respect?

Adrian Peterson had a 23 yard TD, otherwise he was 11 carries for 37 yards against Seattle.

Now I'm not comparing Harrison to Peterson, but even the best backs don't get tons of yards.

+1

jerome also did what he did last season with historically low passing attempts from his qbs and 8-9 men in the box regularly. i guess some people want to throw jerome under the bus now and try to downplay what he achieved last season because of some out of character fumbles in this years preseason. he fumbled once in the st lou game. the other "fumble" in that game wasn't even a real fumble because he was down by contact. in the game vs the lions, he didn't fumble the ball, the ball was punched out by the defenders knee. that's more of a freak incident than a jerome fumble.

Zombo

I am not tossing him away.

I just drafted Hillis in round 10 in my keeper league, so I want him to get 20 touches a game.

In real life, I want that as well. I always liked Allstott, and this guy looks a lot like him.

+1

jerome also did what he did last season with historically low passing attempts from his qbs and 8-9 men in the box regularly. i guess some people want to throw jerome under the bus now and try to downplay what he achieved last season because of some out of character fumbles in this years preseason. he fumbled once in the st lou game. the other "fumble" in that game wasn't even a real fumble because he was down by contact. in the game vs the lions, he didn't fumble the ball, the ball was punched out by the defenders knee. that's more of a freak incident than a jerome fumble.

I thought Harrison played pretty well against the Lions. But, I'm afraid that his fumbles are really fumbles. According to the box score for the Rams game, J. Harrison fumbled once, losing none. The box score for the game against Detroit also shows J. Harrison with one fumble and one fumble lost.

It is really ironic that Hillis has a blocker like Vickers leading for him, when he did the same thing for McFadden and Jones at AR. For 2010 -- and hopefuilly much longer -- Hillis is doing well running behind Vickers.

He might of broken 1-2 tackle's in this video other wise he goes down at first contact and runs through big holes.

And thats his highlight video, certainly nothing spectacular he did. That should be an O-line highlight video.

the play at 1:51 certainly is. watch how big of a hole they made!

as good as harrison is, hillis seems better. shouldn't get worked up about having two great running back on the team, as the 1 and 2 both get alot of field time. hillis just seems to get more yardage, and shoudl probably be the #1 imo. harrison coming off the bench when hillis is gased is a nice thing to have.

But, I'm afraid that his fumbles are really fumbles. According to the box score for the Rams game, J. Harrison fumbled once, losing none. The box score for the game against Detroit also shows J. Harrison with one fumble and one fumble lost.

i pointed out the 3 incidents that i've heard people in the media and fans discuss. i said his first incident in the st lou game wasn't a fumble, the refs said jerome was down by contact. now the second incident in that st lou game was a fumble and counts as a fumble in the box core. the ball was soaking wet and he let it get out of his hands. i know jerome's fumble in the lions game counts as a fumble in the box score, i was just looking at it from another perspective.

there's a difference between a player who is running with the ball unprotected and it slips out or gets knocked out than it is with jerome's fumble in the lions game when he was falling to the ground and the ball gets punched out by a defenders knee. i'm looking at his fumbles from the angle of could it have been avoided and how much of that particular situation was jerome's fault? that's why i said it was more of a freak accident than a fumble, to me. i know it counts as a fumble, but i don't lose confidence in jerome because it was something that was basically out of his control. jerome doesn't have a history of fumbling issues, but we'll see how this turns out.

Uhm, Hillis was asked to carry the ball mostly in short yardage situations where the DLine is stacked up to stop the run, so sure his ypc is not that high. No one is expecting him to be Jim Brown and average 5 yards a carry. He is not the featured back, he is the short yardage back. I mean, he is listed as a fullback.

Maybe the Browns should run their version of the wishbone and put Vickers, Hillis, and Harrison in the game at the same time....with Seneca Wallace in at QB.

Archived