THE BROWNS BOARD

History being made

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

Congrats to Big Z, who is now the all time rebounds leader for the Cavs and to Lebron, who is now the all time steals leader for the Cavs.

For those that think Lebron is selfish (also keep in mind he could have had that rebound that Z got to break the record, but pulled back so Z could get it):

“It means a lot,” James said of his steals record. “But it means a lot more for me what Z did than what I did. To know what he’s been through early in his career with the foot injuries and then going from losing season to losing season and people saying he was on his way out. To put his name in the record books is unbelievable to see.”

Yep, congrats to both.

LeBron might be selfish when it comes to the spotlight, but on the court he seems like a great guy to play with, and he seems to genuinely care about his teammates (remember when his son was being born in the Finals?).

I'm usually a big Z critic too, but this year he's been doing his job perfectly. Playing away from the basket, letting Ben do the dirty work. Might sound like a knock on the guy, but I like the way he's been playing. 15 ppg, 8 boards, 53% FG, and you have to love the 85% FT. With Mo (95%) and Delonte (81%) and even Lebron closing in on 80% that fills one of our worst holes from the Finals team. Compare that to guys like Snow, Hughes, Gooden and Marshall all in the mid-low 70s for their careers.

Hopefully those records get some publicity and more people start getting on the Cavs wagon. This is a much better, much more exciting and interesting team than the one that went to the finals in '07.

I'm usually a big Z critic too, but this year he's been doing his job perfectly. Playing away from the basket, letting Ben do the dirty work. Might sound like a knock on the guy, but I like the way he's been playing.

The presense of Big Ben has totally masked Z's deficiencies on the interior.

Archived