THE BROWNS BOARD

Shep

Westside Steve

He got lonely without his boyfriend mz the pussy the pussy the pussy. blowing him after every post and returned to Yelpingsoft.com, thank God.

Maybe I will go TROLL that board. Thanks for the URL, BarkingTard.com What a gay a$$ message board name. lol

Is that you in the shot with Dave? I remember him(you?), but we only met that one time to the best of my recall.

Thanks!

No.... it's not me . I took the shot . I know you know diehard and dawgylama , The other guy is the renowned nniifu . He used to post on the old 24/7 and dawgtalkers . Also on the DarkSide

LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

Lol... for the same price, my first computer was a PC XT with 640k conventional memory and no hard drive... I ran everything off of two 365k floppy disks... talk about a crash course in disk space management...

Alo, yeah- Shep has probably got some other stuff on his agenda right now- but you should know- you're always welcome here...

Thanks, man. I'm glad that Stan didn't IP ban me when the board split happened -- the Browns are an obsession that we all share, so I'm glad I can rant here and at other hangout spots.

thanks for the info, hoorta. wow, some of you guys have been posting together since 95? i can only imagine what the posts were like when art turned into a thief in the night. and i can also imagine how the trolling was back then when the net was young. DAMN!! good stuff and thanks again.

I was on the AOL board back in those days. In fact, I stayed with AOL a lot longer than most of the others around here.

I do recall that at that time the pestilence was NOT the Troglodytes that are Steeler fan trolls, but the Crow-Magnons that were "Ravens" fans. (both subhuman species)

I think it may be fair to say that there were perhaps more ignorant Ratbird fans at that time than Steeler trolls. I mean, those freeking idiots had their equivalent of Arthur B.F.A. Modell in Robert Irsay, yet a lot of them thought that Modell was Jesus Christ just because they were both Jewish apparently, and couldn't recognize a Judas in sheep's clothing. (you like those mixed idiom's?). It was a real bitch slapping session.

Thanks, man. I'm glad that Stan didn't IP ban me when the board split happened -- the Browns are an obsession that we all share, so I'm glad I can rant here and at other hangout spots.

Thats how i view all browns info/talk boards, just internet hangouts.

Its about the Browns and Browns fans.

Sincerely,

Ex- Quinn fag.

I believe Stan appreciated all of the work and input you shared with all of us.

Everyone here loves to read these posts and jump on a stoolers troll every once in a while.

Everytime I've ever looked over there someone has a thread going announcing how they are leaving the board because they've gotten their feelings hurt.

There's more drama queens on that board than you'll find at the daytime emmy's

Honestly, Shep was giving me a headache last time he came back here. He seems obsessed with defending his draft positions to the point that every post has an agenda.

He'd be a good guy to have a beer with in person, but he just ratchets up the drama level on whatever board he is on. I'm glad he doesn't like the McCoy choice because Quinn was doomed to fail once Shep declared his undying love for him ... at least Colt has a fighting chance now.

Zombo

Just bouncing around, going where the debates are heated but civil and interesting. Not much fun just saying YEA!

Shep never bothered me. He takes an opinion one side or another, that's good for debate. He has often taken the opposite view of me, and never once have I gotten annoyed.

Bitchy, whiney members who want to bitch and moan about someone's character, the features of the message board, moderation, or other non-football type discussions are annoying. We ousted all of those members back in October. So, we lost Shep and Flugel with the bath water ... I'll take it.

I love the make-up of this forum right now. We don't have guys here who feel they have to post just for the sake of posting. Who cares about a zany, drama filled forum. Sometimes when there is nothing to discuss about the team, there is nothing to discuss about the team. Why do you think Inspecta and his like get involved in so much drama during the offseason? Because they don't know when to STFU during idle times.

I'm ready for this season, we have a much, much, better crew here this year than the past two seasons.

Well said, Ate. I've never heard/read quite so much judgment going on (on both boards) as I've seen in the past few months. Lots of conclusions drawn about people we don't know and have never met. It seems to have started up, caught fire, and can't seem to be stopped. It's tough to debate anything because there's always someone who wants to jump your ass just for bringing it up.

Well said, Ate. I've never heard/read quite so much judgment going on (on both boards) as I've seen in the past few months. Lots of conclusions drawn about people we don't know and have never met. It seems to have started up, caught fire, and can't seem to be stopped. It's tough to debate anything because there's always someone who wants to jump your ass just for bringing it up.

You're a homo...

:D

Man, its kind of hard to keep a neutral stance between boards when I see folks like Zombo and Stan trashing the ever-living shit out of that board and the people that post there. Geeze, the hate is so overt its like reading cold war propaganda....

Look, I know that shit went down last year, and I know that I don't know the full story... but seriously... why all the hate? I mean, I see all this talk about "all the whiny drama queens" and how everyone over on that other board apparently sucks cock regulary whenever they're not staring at their desktop wallpaper of Brady Quinn's nutsack or moaning about shit no one wants to hear. But I just don't see it. I've been over there and funnily enough, most of the people over on that other board are die-hard browns fans just like you and me, and (dare I say it) they are generally intelligent and capable of rational debate. There's lots of guys I respect on both boards.

It doesn't add up.

I remember that the board this time last year was a mess. You couldn't so much as whisper a shred of a compliment in the direction of either QB without being labeled a Quinn fag or a DA fag and getting flamed for it. I remember being called both repeatedly for posting anything resembling an opinion on the quarterback debate. I also remember that Lumbergh was a huge part of these shenanigans, and then people started acting like him which made the situation quickly explode into a fireball of insults and angry posts. A lot of people (including me) were pissed off that there was little-to-no modding for all the flaming and trolling going on.... and the fact that Stan and some mods took sides in the debate instead of trying to control the situation didn't help (no offense, Stan). Everybody that was posting back then was partially responsible for it.... because we all let it happen and no one really did anything about it.

I'm only going to talk about what I saw, and all I know is that eventually there were a lot of bannings all at once, there was cheering over the "death of all the quinn fags", and I heard of (and saw) some really shady behind-the-scenes stuff going on by both parties. Crazy shit. And with the exodus of a lot of guys, there were was a lot of hate-fueled drama, bitter feelings, and a whole bunch of other shit that aint right.

And now, there's a bunch of browns fans pissed at eachother because of some internet message board fiasco that happened almost a year ago. The fiasco wasn't that there were apparently a bunch of closet homosexual drama queens perusing about on the board. The real fiasco is that the board became a self propagating hate machine fueled by a controversial QB debate. And there were a lot of factors that lead to this becoming such a huge problem here (the fact that both QBs sucked and we were all pretty frustrated at our shitty season was probably the biggest contributing factor)

The "cancer" of this board supposedly left with the mass bannings, but I don't really see too much different here with 1 or 2 exceptions (one of those being the absense of our friend lummy). There were trolls and drama queens here before the break up, and there's trolls and drama queens here after the break up.... only the names have changed since then. And hey: there's trolls and drama queens over in that other board, too. Heck, there's trolls and drama queens on every internet forum. Ever. No one forum will ever escape it as long as there are people out there who have opinions and an internet connection.

The biggest difference is that there are now two boards when there used to be one. And there's a lot of (IMO) pointless hate and slander aimed at the people on these boards... for no real good reason, too! Look, we're all browns fans here.... And we're all passionate about our team and our city we believe in. That one thing is, and always has been a constant. Why let one bad controversy (one that brought out the worst in a lot of good people) fuel drama and slander that has been kept simmering for so long? The funny thing is.... over on that other board I don't see too much of this similar talk directed at the people here. There's a couple exceptions, but from what I've seen, the guys on that board have moved on. They're just over there talking football. That's why I find it odd to come here and see talk like the stuff in this thread every time the other board is brought up.

I would really like if people could just let go and make amends... but I could settle for asking people to keep their thoughts to themselves and show just a little more respect towards our fellow browns fans. After all, we're rooting for the same team here. We shouldn't let a bad memory (of internet drama, of all things) tarnish our relationship with the same guys we could end up seeing one day at a tailgate party or at a bar after the game.

I'm here for football. Thats what brought me to this board, and I don't want something silly like this "lets hate on the other board" shit get in the way of it just because I like going to both places. Don't make me go to the OBR Scout boards. :lol:

Damn. That's a helluva smart post. I just wanna give props. It's just farging bizarre how weird it got. I'm not 2010 Shep... I'm just the same opinionated Shep. I don't think I've said or done anything to make anybody jump my ass here, there, or anywhere.

I appreciate Atenears coolness, most of all right now. I like heated debate. It's the lifeblood of a board. But we've been sucked into the cult of personality, like most of the world. We can do better.

And thanks, Alo.

Man, its kind of hard to keep a neutral stance between boards when I see folks like Zombo and Stan trashing the ever-living shit out of that board and the people that post there. Geeze, the hate is so overt its like reading cold war propaganda....

Look, I know that shit went down last year, and I know that I don't know the full story... but seriously... why all the hate? I mean, I see all this talk about "all the whiny drama queens" and how everyone over on that other board apparently sucks cock regulary whenever they're not staring at their desktop wallpaper of Brady Quinn's nutsack or moaning about shit no one wants to hear. But I just don't see it. I've been over there and funnily enough, most of the people over on that other board are die-hard browns fans just like you and me, and (dare I say it) they are generally intelligent and capable of rational debate. There's lots of guys I respect on both boards.

It doesn't add up.

I remember that the board this time last year was a mess. You couldn't so much as whisper a shred of a compliment in the direction of either QB without being labeled a Quinn fag or a DA fag and getting flamed for it. I remember being called both repeatedly for posting anything resembling an opinion on the quarterback debate. I also remember that Lumbergh was a huge part of these shenanigans, and then people started acting like him which made the situation quickly explode into a fireball of insults and angry posts. A lot of people (including me) were pissed off that there was little-to-no modding for all the flaming and trolling going on.... and the fact that Stan and some mods took sides in the debate instead of trying to control the situation didn't help (no offense, Stan). Everybody that was posting back then was partially responsible for it.... because we all let it happen and no one really did anything about it.

I'm only going to talk about what I saw, and all I know is that eventually there were a lot of bannings all at once, there was cheering over the "death of all the quinn fags", and I heard of (and saw) some really shady behind-the-scenes stuff going on by both parties. Crazy shit. And with the exodus of a lot of guys, there were was a lot of hate-fueled drama, bitter feelings, and a whole bunch of other shit that aint right.

And now, there's a bunch of browns fans pissed at eachother because of some internet message board fiasco that happened almost a year ago. The fiasco wasn't that there were apparently a bunch of closet homosexual drama queens perusing about on the board. The real fiasco is that the board became a self propagating hate machine fueled by a controversial QB debate. And there were a lot of factors that lead to this becoming such a huge problem here (the fact that both QBs sucked and we were all pretty frustrated at our shitty season was probably the biggest contributing factor)

The "cancer" of this board supposedly left with the mass bannings, but I don't really see too much different here with 1 or 2 exceptions (one of those being the absense of our friend lummy). There were trolls and drama queens here before the break up, and there's trolls and drama queens here after the break up.... only the names have changed since then. And hey: there's trolls and drama queens over in that other board, too. Heck, there's trolls and drama queens on every internet forum. Ever. No one forum will ever escape it as long as there are people out there who have opinions and an internet connection.

The biggest difference is that there are now two boards when there used to be one. And there's a lot of (IMO) pointless hate and slander aimed at the people on these boards... for no real good reason, too! Look, we're all browns fans here.... And we're all passionate about our team and our city we believe in. That one thing is, and always has been a constant. Why let one bad controversy (one that brought out the worst in a lot of good people) fuel drama and slander that has been kept simmering for so long? The funny thing is.... over on that other board I don't see too much of this similar talk directed at the people here. There's a couple exceptions, but from what I've seen, the guys on that board have moved on. They're just over there talking football. That's why I find it odd to come here and see talk like the stuff in this thread every time the other board is brought up.

I would really like if people could just let go and make amends... but I could settle for asking people to keep their thoughts to themselves and show just a little more respect towards our fellow browns fans. After all, we're rooting for the same team here. We shouldn't let a bad memory (of internet drama, of all things) tarnish our relationship with the same guys we could end up seeing one day at a tailgate party or at a bar after the game.

I'm here for football. Thats what brought me to this board, and I don't want something silly like this "lets hate on the other board" shit get in the way of it just because I like going to both places. Don't make me go to the OBR Scout boards. :lol:

We have had 865 new registered members here since mid-October of last year and are now well over 2,000. I bet less than a dozen posts had to have a moderators attention in the past eight months. It's been a dream come true to get this place back to the fun Browns camraderie it use to be, without all the threads having to be closed, posts moved to remote area's, cliques-vs-cliques disrupting threads .... you know the type I'm talking about (eye rolling East). We've had nothing of the sort here on TheBrownsBoard.

Cheers Browns Fans!

Let's get this season on ....

where can i find this evil Tom?

He a traveling minstrel :) Rich4Eagle has full details- I PMed you his website. Actually I think it would be great fun to hack it- paybacks are hell.

He a traveling minstrel :) Rich4Eagle has full details- I PMed you his website. Actually I think it would be great fun to hack it- paybacks are hell.

yes they are. B)

there's little quite as dangerous as a human with idle time and an agenda.

release the Dawgs!

We have had 865 new registered members here since mid-October of last year and are now well over 2,000. I bet less than a dozen posts had to have a moderators attention in the past eight months. It's been a dream come true to get this place back to the fun Browns camraderie it use to be, without all the threads having to be closed, posts moved to remote area's, cliques-vs-cliques disrupting threads .... you know the type I'm talking about (eye rolling East). We've had nothing of the sort here on TheBrownsBoard.

Cheers Browns Fans!

Let's get this season on ....

Yep, I think we've got our best group and best mix ever going into the Season, I'm excited.

We've had great turnouts for our fantasy leagues, we've got some hellacious tailgates planned, including the big Jets game get-together where members will be flying in from across the globe... and the boards are drama free, positive, and ready to rock!

I delete maybe three posts a month now ... all Steeler fans usually, as opposed to all crap that was spewed on here last year.

The Brownsboard is nearing 1,000 friends on Facebook, and "WildDawg" t-shirts are in the works.

Most importantly, the Browns look like they are most definitely doing things the right way. The defense looks much stronger, the running game and the o-line look ready to rock, and we have a calming veteran presence at QB as opposed to the division and uncertainty that position has caused the past three years.

Lace them up, just two more days until we get to see our Browns play some football!

Zombo

I am new but can only hope one day I am as infamous as this person

You'll need a catchier handle. Looks too much like radio station call letters now.

Perhaps "Rebel Dawg"

or "Buns of Brown"

Ok ... skip that last one.

Munsters characters are always good.

Zombo

Archived